PDA

View Full Version : A Fierce Ohio

Haiku_Dirtt
09-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Hey. The Buckeyes are holding their own.

I didn't check the line but if the Bobcats thought that they could get a win by just showing up...NO. Those pesky Buckeyes racked up a field goal and a failed fourth and an inch in almost 20 minutes of football. How DO they do it? :applaudit:

No matter how low we move the bar Tressell & Co. find ways to crawl under it. :noidea:

"Suit and the Teleprompter" meet the "Moose Hunter."

Todd Boeckman MEAT Rey Maualuga.

Steeler in Carolina
09-06-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm sure the Buckeyes will find a way to win this one and go undefeated this season and then get blown away in another boring bowl game.

lilyoder6
09-06-2008, 03:53 PM
honeslty.. ohio state only beating ohio by 10 or so points.. that is bad.. if they can destroy a cupcake team like that then usc for sure will dominate the game

Havik
09-06-2008, 04:31 PM
If OSU plays with a subpar performance like that, they can't win against USC.

lilyoder6
09-06-2008, 06:57 PM
i mea trailing going into the 4th??? that is completely horrible.. usc will DESTROY them..

millwalldavey
09-06-2008, 07:01 PM
That was a near miss... TV is brining up Wells as the issue, but do you think Wells really would have made that much of a difference today?

revefsreleets
09-06-2008, 08:02 PM
They have a letdown game every year early in the season. I think they were beating Akron 3-2 at the half last year. They run vanilla D and O, show nothing, and barely start playing until the second half.

I HOPE USC watched and enjoyed the game and think the team that took the field today is who they'll play next week. If so they'll get blown out of the Coliseum.

Difference of course being, when they get into a little trouble against mediocre-poor competition at home, they rally and win (cough cough Stanford).

SteelCityMan786
09-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Ohio State will fall in the polls even with the win. They were favored by 34 points. You're telling me Ohio State couldn't cover the spread? Boy do I feel that it will be a tough week for them as they take on USC if Tressel isn't giving them a hell week like practice.

lilyoder6
09-06-2008, 08:54 PM
they'll probably drop down by a rank or two.. but yeah.. usc should be happy that they got to see this game.. so many things they can disect

revefsreleets
09-06-2008, 09:59 PM
They drop to probably 5 or 6 and deservedly so. I remember the year they won the NC, they barely beat Cinci like on the last play or whatever early in the season (and this was when the Bearcats were AWFUL). The haters pounced, the faithful fretted, and they turned out JUST fine.

Beside, this one word is like Holy Water to a vampire, or a crucifix or garlic to a USC fan, and instantly shuts all smack running down:

Stanford

No matter WHAT Carroll accomplishes, you lost to the Cardinal on your own turf. A HORRIBLE Cardinal, one of the worst teams in D1-A football.

This Ohio team would have beaten the Cardinal in Stanford by two TD's last year. A feat that USC couldn't accomplish.

VegasDogg
09-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Steeler fans preoccupied with the Buckeyes? How surprising.

Haiku_Dirtt
09-07-2008, 02:28 AM
They have a letdown game every year early in the season. I think they were beating Akron 3-2 at the half last year. They run vanilla D and O, show nothing, and barely start playing until the second half.

I HOPE USC watched and enjoyed the game and think the team that took the field today is who they'll play next week. If so they'll get blown out of the Coliseum.

Difference of course being, when they get into a little trouble against mediocre-poor competition at home, they rally and win (cough cough Stanford).

I'll refrain from my typical over the top hyperbole. Well I'm trying.

Sorry but you guys got pushed around. Bring up Stanford all you want but the USC injury report for THAT game read like an NFL draft wish list. USC lost 5 guys on the offensive line and four are pulling NFL paychecks today. But they were delivering the blows against Virginia downfield. This new offensive line was supposed to be our weakness. It's anything but.

Today. The Bobcats (who?) were in your trench like they were pushing teenage girls into the pool.

I'm glad the Buckeyes won today. The Ohio Bobcats almost stole the thunder and if their QB wasn't color blind they would have won. No. Dominated in the trenches.

Tressell is going to throw your boy Pryor into the mix. He has no choice. Otherwise USC is going to kill OSU. And I said bet the house on Friday. Now that Vegas saw what we saw I'm guessing the spread just got really wide.

revefsreleets
09-07-2008, 01:50 PM
That's great...as I said, every year they play a shitty game early on and then instantly clean up their act.

The game yesterday meant absolutely nothing UNLESS USC thinks that it does.

If so, they are in for a very rude awakening next week.

And injuries? Again with the injuries? I guarantee you the entire Buckeye second string would have beaten Stanford last year at Stanford by 3 TD's. The Cardinal was awful last year...Ohio would have beaten them by 14. These top-tier programs cannot ever use injury as an excuse because the 2nd string guys are just a hair less talented, and sometimes they are actually better.

It actually would have been better for the Trojans if the Bucks would have rolled...

atlsteelers
09-08-2008, 01:52 PM
i really do not take too much from the game. Teams strugle for all kinds of reasons, all that matters is the Win. Next saturday is all that matters right now. I hope OSU wins although i think they are goind to be at least 10 point dogs.

VegasDogg
09-08-2008, 02:10 PM
We're a different team without Beanie Wells. If he plays we have a chance. If not we have no chance.

atlsteelers
09-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Check out these FSU fans.

http://nolesports.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=CD&Dato=20080907&Kategori=FSU03&Lopenr=809070804&Ref=PH

revefsreleets
09-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Check out these FSU fans.

http://nolesports.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=CD&Dato=20080907&Kategori=FSU03&Lopenr=809070804&Ref=PH

Can I just go on record as saying that the rules about jorts only apply to men.

My God, those are some smokin hotties!

If Beanie doesn't play, I'm not making excuses...yeah, he's our best player, but you only have these kids for 2-3 years anymore, so the other players have to step up.

Injuries are not a valid excuse for losing in college football.

lilyoder6
09-08-2008, 04:04 PM
how can u say that ohio state 2nd stringers could of beaten stanford last yr when they barley beat ohio???? and if they get there"shitty" games out early?? then y did they suck balls in the last 2 national championship game?

revefsreleets
09-09-2008, 08:45 AM
how can u say that ohio state 2nd stringers could of beaten stanford last yr when they barley beat ohio???? and if they get there"shitty" games out early?? then y did they suck balls in the last 2 national championship game?

Because they would have. Ohio > Stanford, and OSU beat Ohio. OSU's second stringers would have hung a 50 point pasting of Ohio because they would have been fired up about playing. The starters were in a hangover game, and didn't even show up until the 4th quarter.

"Suck balls"

This is a hatah post, straight up. So ya don't like the Bucks...get in line.

lilyoder6
09-09-2008, 12:43 PM
1st a AM a OSU fan except for when they play PSU... wells, and that d are real good...

2nd.. they did suck balls in the last 2 nc games,, chocking that badly is not good

3rd.. how can u say ohio is better than stanford??? stanford had a better record than ohio and a harder sch..

revefsreleets
09-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Stanford was AWFUL last year. They were 4-8. Ohio was 6-6. Congrove had Ohio at 72 and Stanford at 90

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/2007_archive_computer_rankings.html

I'd be willing to bet that was the across the board result.

OSU choked against Florida, but they were simply beaten by a better team last year. But they were also rebuilding last year, in anticipation of this year. They ALWAYS have one letdown game, and they had it early this year. For that I'm glad.