PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT! Realize who we are facing this week

Suitanim
11-25-2005, 06:34 PM
The Colts Dline is coached by John Teerlink, who is widely known as coaching cheapshot tactics concerning the opposing QB's. Byron Leftwich almost got into a fistfight on the Colts sideline earlier this year over this. This is no joke...Teerlink WILL tell his DL to cheapshot Ben's knee and take him out of the game. He's done it many times before, and we cannot allow him to do it again this week.

BurghThing
11-25-2005, 06:36 PM
I say our first pass is an overthrow to the Colts sideline and we let Hines run the bastard over.

clevestinks
11-25-2005, 06:42 PM
If Ben goes down to a cheapshot, then Peyton dies

TasmanianTroy271
11-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Yea, if Ben goes down in a cheap shot, If I'm Cowher, I put Chidi Iuwoma or someone whose fast not pivitol to the team in at LB and tell him to take out Peyton at all costs.

Avoid LLoyd1975
11-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Peyton must die if Ben goes down. Then we hire a hitman and take out his dorky brother Eli. Then again Ben is a pretty tough dude so maybe Bill lets Ben go beat the snot out of their O-line coach before the game.

SteelCityMan786
11-25-2005, 07:47 PM
If Ben goes down to a cheapshot, then Peyton dies

KILL PEYTON!!!!!!!

Ambridge
11-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Why as a coach would you want to employ cheapshot tactics??.......especially when more than likely it's going to boomerang right back at your QB or other star player/s.

"Peanuthead" Peyton needs to be taken out immediately if the Colts start that kind of trash play.

SteelerFanInATL
11-25-2005, 08:49 PM
Does Dungy know about this? He is too classy of a guy to have someone on his staff do that type of $>!#. Dungy is a former Steeler and wouldn't go for that crap. Guess we will see what happens.

SalukiSteelers
11-26-2005, 12:59 AM
If the O-line plays up to last season's Pro Bowl standards it might not matter. If they do cheap shot, which is always a possibility in the cut-throat NFL, I'm pretty sure the Steelers defense will get their pound of flesh in return.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2005, 03:00 AM
This is nothing new, the ravens always give us cheap shots, and the browns arent below it either.. maybe not coaching wise, but the players hate us and we hate them

Here's to Ben staying up right and our OL keeping them away at all costs... and yes if Ben goes down, I say we send all 11 guys on 1 play and chase him down at all costs.. 11 guys piling on top of him in every direction !!!!!!!!

steeler47
11-26-2005, 08:17 AM
Does Dungy know about this? He is too classy of a guy to have someone on his staff do that type of $>!#. Dungy is a former Steeler and wouldn't go for that crap. Guess we will see what happens.

Ecxactly.No way does Dungy(Ex Steeler) allow that kind of play.This is one of the classiest guy's in the league.Everyone respects him as a man and coach.He would'nt allow this.
What proof do you have Suit. ? Example....what media or other's that have said these thing's.

Also with the watchdog commentators in the booth's policeing the plays of both teams,why have we not heard any comments by them about colt cheap shots?
You know they always say shit to get a player in trouble for playing hard!

Suitanim
11-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Besides this, I've seen his DL go after QB's...Hell, they tried to take Trent Dilfer out of the Browns game. Teerlink used to coach the Vikes DL, and John Randall was notorious for hitting QB's low with the intent of knocking them out of the game. Guess who caused the injury that knocked Kyle Boller out for several weeks earlier this year? That's right, the Colts DL, by hitting him in the knee's. Teerlink has a reputation around the league, obviously Leftwich is aware of it, and this is nothing new...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2002518839_nflnotes25.html?syndication=rss&source=seahawks.xml&items=55

Colts coach Tony Dungy dismissed Boomer Esiason's comments that Colts defensive-line coach John Teerlink teaches his players to hurt quarterbacks.

Esiason, a former quarterback who is now an analyst for CBS, said in an interview with Sirius NFL radio that Jacksonville quarterback Byron Leftwich had good reason to be upset with Teerlink last Sunday. Leftwich was battered by the Colts' defense and suffered a groin injury, and he indicated his displeasure with a gesture toward Teerlink that later drew a $5,000 fine.

"He teaches his guys techniques that really border on trying to get someone hurt and knock them out of the game," Esiason said. "I understand why Byron Leftwich did what he did. I don't condone that, but what I would have loved for him to do is just go up there and punch [Teerlink] in the mouth."

Dungy said his team is one of the least-penalized in the league and that no one else had a problem with the Colts' defensive methods.

"Most of those guys [analysts] really don't know what's going on," Dungy told Indianapolis reporters. "They might know what's going on at their position. If they were talking about quarterback play, I would listen to it. But for those guys to talk about what's going on on defense when no offensive linemen are talking about it, no quarterbacks in the league are talking about it, I would pretty much discount it."

Indy52
11-26-2005, 11:32 AM
Dungy said his team is one of the least-penalized in the league and that no one else had a problem with the Colts' defensive methods.

"Most of those guys [analysts] really don't know what's going on," Dungy told Indianapolis reporters. "They might know what's going on at their position. If they were talking about quarterback play, I would listen to it. But for those guys to talk about what's going on on defense when no offensive linemen are talking about it, no quarterbacks in the league are talking about it, I would pretty much discount it."

So, what part of that don't you understand? How many Colts have been fined, damn, even penalized for roughing the passer this year????

AvoidLLoyd95
11-26-2005, 12:08 PM

So, what part of that don't you understand? How many Colts have been fined, damn, even penalized for roughing the passer this year????

Just remember, if Ben goes down, Peyton will suffer, Colt fan.

Actually, if Ben goes down, the Steelers will be thinking about anything but hurting Manning. I think they would focus on winning the game. But afterward, a shadowy figure would appear in the locker room hallway, holding a collapsable pipe. He would run by and smash Peyton's knee, who would be left sobbing" Why, Why, ouch, oh why?"

Indy52
11-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Damn, reading comprehension is really lacking on this board. No one wants to see any player get hurt on the field.

Here's to a great game that is one to remember and no one gets hurt.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Lets hope for clean game and hard fought win..... for the black n gold!!

Know this too, the broncos have been employing questionable tactics with thier OL blocking schemes ever since Shanahan has been there..so its nothing new in the league to try and sneak in some questionable plays or blocking schemes.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-26-2005, 04:28 PM
If Ben goes down on a cheap shot i believe there will be a fight on the 50 yard line, I believe all of our players understand that Ben is the answer to our superbowl needs.
They will protect him and they will fight for him.

Suitanim
11-26-2005, 06:36 PM
One reason they've gotten away with it is they haven't taken out any marquee QB's yet...YET! Nobody cares if they knock Kyle Boller or Trent Dilfer out...Byron Leftwich obviously thinks they were gunning for him, though.

I don't expect Colts fans to acknowledge this, just as the Bronco's fans play ostrich concerning their olines reputation for dirty chop blocks.

Laugable to provide Dungy quotes as rebuttal...what do you think he's gonna say "Yeah, we try to knock QB's out of the game by taking them out at the knee's"?

steeler47
11-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Damn Suit, Right on...nice job.

Know to the concern of #7 getting cheap shot's to his legs..I say we get all those involved with Terrorizing "Terrible Tommy's" house and send them to Indi. Have them hunt down those those responsible and take care of it the ol' fasion way !!!

:m16:

Indy52
11-27-2005, 10:46 PM
What a bunch of dumba$$es. You people really think that the Colts defense has it out for dumb ole big ben? Do you really think that even if they did you could actually do something about it?

Talk about being disconnected from reality! Sheesh!

AvoidLLoyd95
11-28-2005, 07:04 AM
What a bunch of dumba$$es. You people really think that the Colts defense has it out for dumb ole big ben? Do you really think that even if they did you could actually do something about it?

Settle down Colt fan, some of us are just having fun.

Suitanim
11-28-2005, 10:35 AM

Ah, the old "Ostrich defense". Because you are ignorant of Teerlink's reputation, or prefer simply not to acknowledge it, it's somehow Steelers fans who are disconnected from reality?

I hate to be the one to wake you up to the harsh truth, Colts fan, but like it or not, deserve it or not, your DL coach has a reputation in the NFL for shooting dirty pool. Your "See no evil, hear no evil, etc..." defense isn't going to change that.

workhorse
11-28-2005, 02:56 PM
One reason they've gotten away with it is they haven't taken out any marquee QB's yet...YET! Nobody cares if they knock Kyle Boller or Trent Dilfer out...Byron Leftwich obviously thinks they were gunning for him, though.

I don't expect Colts fans to acknowledge this, just as the Bronco's fans play ostrich concerning their olines reputation for dirty chop blocks.

Laugable to provide Dungy quotes as rebuttal...what do you think he's gonna say "Yeah, we try to knock QB's out of the game by taking them out at the knee's"?

Please. They had one complaint from the Jags game and one fading announcer fly off the handle. Did you watch the Jags game? Byron got killed all game and they were alll clean shots. The one play where he got bent like a pretzel was his fault for trying to pick up a fumble instead of falling on it. The league even said so when they came said there was nothing to it. Are you saying Boller was a cheap shot? Did you see that game? If tackling a guy that is running away from you is cheap, then that was a cheap shot. Dilfer? Bulger got blown up on a clean block after a pick. Funny how the Colts are called soft, then they start knocking the snot out of some people and now they are cheap shot players.

Before you start throwing things out there, you should have something to back it up. How many penalties or fines have they gotten from the league for illegal or late hits?

Suitanim
11-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Please. They had one complaint from the Jags game and one fading announcer fly off the handle. Did you watch the Jags game? Byron got killed all game and they were alll clean shots. The one play where he got bent like a pretzel was his fault for trying to pick up a fumble instead of falling on it. The league even said so when they came said there was nothing to it. Are you saying Boller was a cheap shot? Did you see that game? If tackling a guy that is running away from you is cheap, then that was a cheap shot. Dilfer? Bulger got blown up on a clean block after a pick. Funny how the Colts are called soft, then they start knocking the snot out of some people and now they are cheap shot players.

Before you start throwing things out there, you should have something to back it up. How many penalties or fines have they gotten from the league for illegal or late hits?

Again, for the third time, just because you are ignorant of your own coaches past/present reputation dating all the way back to his days with the Vikings, don't try to "kill the messenger"...

The FACT remains, Teerlink has a reputation in this league for schooling his defenders to take opposing QB's out at the knee's. I didn't make this up, Leftwich didn't make this up, and Boomer Esiasion didn't make this up.

Deal with it however you deem fit, but don't take your frustrations out on me...

workhorse
11-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Again, for the third time, just because you are ignorant of your own coaches past/present reputation dating all the way back to his days with the Vikings, don't try to "kill the messenger"...

The FACT remains, Teerlink has a reputation in this league for schooling his defenders to take opposing QB's out at the knee's. I didn't make this up, Leftwich didn't make this up, and Boomer Esiasion didn't make this up.

Deal with it however you deem fit, but don't take your frustrations out on me...

Teerlink hasn't been with the Vikings since 1994. Have you heard anything since then? How about in his previous 4 years with the Colts? The Steelers had a repution for taking steriods in the past. Are you saying I should indict the current Steelers because of this past? Boomer was just getting his name in the paper, he is losing his status as a former NFL TV guy. Not to mention he is a former QB that will side with a QB 9 times out of 10. Leftwich was PO'ed because he was getting hit all game. The league looked into their claim when they brought it to them and they said there was nothing to it.

As far as your don't kill the messenger speak, you are the one that brought it up and keeps harping on it.

Suitanim
11-28-2005, 03:35 PM
"Harping"...LOL

I bring it up, and all the Colts fan vehemently deny that it could even be remotely possible.

In 1996, as an assistant in Detroit, he was summoned to the NFL's offices and warned about his teaching technique's. Fast forward to 2005. The Indy defense starts to get some legs under it and starts playing aggresively...Boller gets knocked out of a game...no biggie. Leftwich gets crushed a a couple weeks later as he awkwardly tries to recover his own fumble, then is speered in the back by about the 4th or 5th tackler...no penalty or fine is assessed.

Boomer brings it back up, and I voice my concern on a STEELERS message board because the STEELERS QB, who is suffering from a knee injury, is about to play a team with an aggressive defense with a coach who may or may not (but has had the NFL look into the matter on more than one occasion) teach his players to attack QB's in the knee's/knock them out of games.

I'd say it was perfectly fair for me to question this coaches reputation and make others aware of it...

workhorse
11-28-2005, 03:47 PM
"Harping"...LOL

I bring it up, and all the Colts fan vehemently deny that it could even be remotely possible.

In 1996, as an assistant in Detroit, he was summoned to the NFL's offices and warned about his teaching technique's. Fast forward to 2005. The Indy defense starts to get some legs under it and starts playing aggresively...Boller gets knocked out of a game...no biggie. Leftwich gets crushed a a couple weeks later as he awkwardly tries to recover his own fumble, then is speered in the back by about the 4th or 5th tackler...no penalty or fine is assessed.

Boomer brings it back up, and I voice my concern on a STEELERS message board because the STEELERS QB, who is suffering from a knee injury, is about to play a team with an aggressive defense with a coach who may or may not (but has had the NFL look into the matter on more than one occasion) teach his players to attack QB's in the knee's/knock them out of games.

I'd say it was perfectly fair for me to question this coaches reputation and make others aware of it...

OK, so nothing since a warning in 1996? How about since he has been coaching under Dungy? Did you see the play with Leftwich? I did. There were no 4 or 5 tacklers. He got hit from the front and the back at nearly the same time. It was nasty because Leftwich did not just fall on the ball like everyone is told to do, but rather he bent at the waist and got sandwiched from the front and back. I was really surprised that he got up and walked off the field. To say it was intentional and dirty is crazy. Once the ball is on the turf there is no way you can say they were planning on trying to take him out.

Do I think that the Colts will be coming after Ben? Yes. Do I think that they will be trying to hurt him intentionally? No. They do know that Ben is critical to the success of Steelers and know that he is coming off a knee injury. So they will be coming after him.

SalukiSteelers
11-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Both workhorse and Sult came strong on that one. Good job, kids.

Suitanim
11-28-2005, 06:43 PM
Yup, I've said my piece...I'm done with this.

clevestinks
11-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Lets hope for a clean game!

Just heard that Ben will start the game with NO knee brace!

Good Luck Ben!

Prosdo
11-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Woohoo! Let's go Ben!