PDA

View Full Version : The AFC North Position by Position Breakdown: Offensive Line

9-5
09-06-2008, 11:08 PM
No questions here.

Position: Offensive Line

1: Cleveland Browns
If any one thing can be attributed to the Browns new found success, it is the emergence of a beast of a offensive line. In particular, the left side is as good as any in the league. Joe Thomas is a rare specimen at tackle, size and strength combined with 4.6 40 speed, which helped him to give up just 1.5 sacks in his rookie season. Combined, the Browns gave up 6 sacks and opened enough holes for Jamal Lewis to rush for over 1300 yards.

2: Pittsburgh Steelers
No matter how many times Ben says he isn't concerned, I would be if I was him. In the past two years, he has been sacked 93 times. Which is way too many for a franchise QB to be taking. However, the Steelers are as good as anybody at opening up holes for the run game. Willie Parker ran for 1600+ yards last year, so they can run block. However, the Steelers are trying to turn into a pass oriented team, and with shaky at best pass protection, Ben could be spending a lot of time on the ground in the next few years.

3: Baltimore Ravens
A few years ago, they had perhaps the best line in football, now they are far removed from that. While they aren't exceptional, they do decent jobs at both run and pass blocking. They are rebuilding the line, but right now they aren't that good.

4: Cincinnati Bengals
You think they regret letting Eric Steinbach? The Bengals line is downright bad. They couldn't open holes for anybody, and they couldn't protect Carson Palmer any better. No matter how talented your skill players are, they are nothing without a good O-line. Since the Bengals don't have one, it should be a long year for the poor Bengals.

CantStop85
09-07-2008, 01:14 AM
No questions here.

Position: Offensive Line

1: Cleveland Browns
If any one thing can be attributed to the Browns new found success, it is the emergence of a beast of a offensive line. In particular, the left side is as good as any in the league. Joe Thomas is a rare specimen at tackle, size and strength combined with 4.6 40 speed, which helped him to give up just 1.5 sacks in his rookie season. Combined, the Browns gave up 6 sacks and opened enough holes for Jamal Lewis to rush for over 1300 yards.

2: Pittsburgh Steelers
No matter how many times Ben says he isn't concerned, I would be if I was him. In the past two years, he has been sacked 93 times. Which is way too many for a franchise QB to be taking. However, the Steelers are as good as anybody at opening up holes for the run game. Willie Parker ran for 1600+ yards last year, so they can run block. However, the Steelers are trying to turn into a pass oriented team, and with shaky at best pass protection, Ben could be spending a lot of time on the ground in the next few years.

3: Baltimore Ravens
A few years ago, they had perhaps the best line in football, now they are far removed from that. While they aren't exceptional, they do decent jobs at both run and pass blocking. They are rebuilding the line, but right now they aren't that good.

4: Cincinnati Bengals
You think they regret letting Eric Steinbach? The Bengals line is downright bad. They couldn't open holes for anybody, and they couldn't protect Carson Palmer any better. No matter how talented your skill players are, they are nothing without a good O-line. Since the Bengals don't have one, it should be a long year for the poor Bengals.

Interesting how you could only name offensive linemen from one team...

:coffee:

lilyoder6
09-07-2008, 09:15 AM
thats is interesting :scratchchin:

but i think the ranking for this is right.. the browns o-line is very good..

revefsreleets
09-07-2008, 01:54 PM
If they play like they did last year. Things are a little unsettled right now. And after watching out OL play today, I'm going with 1A Browns
1B Steelers