PDA

View Full Version : Texans to try cut block tactics?

tony hipchest
09-06-2008, 11:22 PM
texans line, headed up by alex gibbs is considered the same as denvers. but the steelers have a plan. well, not really a plan, but they have the right attitude.

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_586759.html

The Steelers know what they'll need to do to combat such tactics tomorrow at Heinz Field.

"Keep your pads square, don't get turned and flow to the ball," Keisel said. "Everyone needs to rally. When we run to the ball like we can, we're tough."

The Texans' offensive line is tough enough that the Steelers defensive linemen are anticipating having to do the dirty work much more than they are playing a lead role.

Then again, why should this game be any different?

"It's like that every game," Keisel said. "'Hamp' (nose tackle Casey Hampton) is taking on three guys, Aaron and I will try to get two and we'll let those LBs flow to the ball and knock people out."
i hope keisel can put his money where his mouth is. him, smith, and hampton occupying 5 linemen, makes our defense almost unstopable. a 6 man rush, with harrison, woodley, polamalu sure seems sick and hard to defend if the front 5 are occupied by the dl.

Steelman16
09-06-2008, 11:31 PM
texans line, headed up by alex gibbs is considered the same as denvers. but the steelers have a plan. well, not really a plan, but they have the right attitude.

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_586759.html

i hope keisel can put his money where his mouth is. him, smith, and hampton occupying 5 linemen, makes our defense almost unstopable. a 6 man rush, with harrison, woodley, polamalu sure seems sick and hard to defend if the front 5 are occupied by the dl.

Pfffttt Hampton could occupy all 5 by himself. Keisel and Smith are just extra help. :flap:

I don't think we'll have any problems with their O-line.

Steeldude
09-06-2008, 11:56 PM
hopefully i am wrong, but i see the steelers' O-line and D-line not doing so well this season.

hampton looks too overweight still. it affected his play last season.

smith is good, but coming off an injury

keisel can't stop the run

the backups, other than hoke, are very average.

the O-line is a big question from LT to RT.

smith - hopefully the back is cured
kemo - unknown, but could be dominating
hartwig - unkown
simmons - lmao
colon - not a tackle

Galax Steeler
09-07-2008, 06:45 AM
I don't think we'll have any problems with their O-line.

I hope you are right I want to see alot of sacks today and a bunch of our people in the backfield.