Arians is transparent and sucks
OL is toast
Dline is old and ineffective
Troy is over
Tomlin shouldn't be coaching the team
Drafting was terrible

Miss anything?

Yes. Our ST's suck. :chuckle::chuckle:

The naysayers are hiding today. Don't worry - they'll be here like flies on shit with one bad play or mistake.

revefsreleets
09-07-2008, 02:06 PM
If only our front office had a clue like the critics here did, well, we'd probably be blowing out Houston right now instead of losing badly and looking at an 8-8 year...

Glace
09-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Well, this IS just the Texans.... :rofl:

:tt::tt03:

Edman
09-07-2008, 02:18 PM
The Rooneys are Cheap.
We don't sign anybody.
Willie Parker is too small.
Willie Parker is no good.
Sweed is a bust.
Sean Mahan sucks.

fansince'76
09-07-2008, 02:29 PM
We let Kuhn get away! :crying01:

:chuckle:

tony hipchest
09-07-2008, 03:23 PM
We let Kuhn get away! :crying01:

:chuckle:nobody lets kuhn get away. kuhn gets away from them.

while it was just one of the easier games on our schedule, it is a sign of things to come as long as our team can break the old habit of getting c)cky, thinking theyre the cats meow, and overlooking opponents.

some others-

ben dont put up numbers like mcnabb.

d. lebeau allows too much underneath stuff.

jeff reed shouldnt be kicking off.

eason and kirchke suck.

our entire team is injury prone.

stillers4me
09-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Timmons is a draft bust.

Hines is on the decline.

We'll never survive without Faneca.

Mosca
09-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Parker is done
OL is toast
Troy is over
Drafting was terrible

Miss anything?

:tt02:

scsteeler
09-07-2008, 04:43 PM
All I can say is I love my Steelers!!!!!!!!

Too Bad the Rooney's made a bad choice in getting Tomlin as coach. The Rooney's must be loosing it!

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuc kle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Busforever
09-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Hopefully "haters" won't have to open a topic like that too often this season, because it would say that Steelers are losing too many games.

I'm a proud and die hard Steeler fan (do you realize how difficult it is to follow the team when you are French???), i'm happy to be part of this community, but i don't like that mentality: do you really think that a real fan can't criticize? That a real fan just have sheet? I made ONE critic a few weeks ago, when Casey arrived out of shape in camp. And here we go: hater, not a real fan... And so, why Tomlin punished Hampton if we could be so glad about everything?

Just to tell you that a fan has the RIGHT to say he doesn't like something, because he can't help but react to what he sees (and maybe worry...). I wasn't happy because I want my team to be the best! And I totally supported Tomlin in his decision to make Hampton run like a guy who didn't make the team. If our D-Line was so good against the Texans, it is also because Tomlin didn't react like you guys, wasn't happy with what he saw - and he made a good decision, like the great coach he seems to be.

I liked what I saw today, because a great team is suposed to burry a not-so-good one, and that's what we did. But our schedule is difficult: it's not against the Texans that we can say if our D-Line is one of the best in the league (let's see against the Pats or the Chargers), or if our O-Line isn't a weakness (let's see against Jags or Titans). Waiting for those answers, I'm going to fully support my team, but seeing what I will see, I'm also going to have my own opinion about what my team is doing, and I hope everyone can have and say his opinion here. To criticize Hampton's shape doesn't make me a Steeler "hater": if I hate the Steelers, i don''t care about Hampton's shape. Always say "everything is good" and not finding ways to be better is not the way i see a supporting attitude.

revefsreleets
09-07-2008, 05:24 PM
I don't have a clue who you are, dude, so I was in no way shape or form calling you out specifically.

Sorry if you felt that way...trust me, there are a TON of posters on here who have a long history of incorrectly second guessing every little thing the FO does, and they do it repeatedly, never learning their lesson.

This thread is dedicated to them, the "Real men of second guessing perhaps the greatest modern era football NFL football franchise front office genius".

HometownGal
09-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Plaxico is better than Hines and Santo (who is a problem child). :sofunny:

We'll never replace Peezy.

Dick Lebeau is too old to still be a DC in the NFL (and besides, he'll shit and piss his Depends on the sidelines). Remember that one? :laughing::laughing:

Tomlin's benefitting from Cowher's team.

Busforever
09-07-2008, 05:41 PM
I don't have a clue who you are, dude, so I was in no way shape or form calling you out specifically.

Sorry if you felt that way...trust me, there are a TON of posters on here who have a long history of incorrectly second guessing every little thing the FO does, and they do it repeatedly, never learning their lesson.

This thread is dedicated to them, the "Real men of second guessing perhaps the greatest modern era football NFL football franchise front office genius".

No offense, i knew it wasn't against me in particular, and like you, I don't like the real "haters", those who judge before action. But you know, i just posted this message to mention that Steelers fans aren't only "blind lovers" or "blind haters". So those who read this topic knows that Steeler nation is more than that:tt:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I'm lovin the

-Marvel Smith only had 1 good season
-Kemo is too slow to play LG, and dumb
-Hartwig is a bum
-Colon is a matador

O line haters. Colon actually played well and I have been a backer of his, but he's not looked good against the speed rushers. Good for willie.

BTW, I am still a Carey Davis hater....love to see a better lead blocker to close out games, but I think our #3 TE is that guy.

HometownGal
09-07-2008, 07:56 PM
-Marvel Smith only had 1 good season
-Kemo is too slow to play LG, and dumb
-Hartwig is a bum
-Colon is a matador

Hey - three out of four that are utter BS isn't bad. :chuckle::wink02:

MACH1
09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Willie can't get the short stuff.
Willie's no good on the goal line.
Carton's better than Ben.
Ben's not an elite QB.

The Duke
09-07-2008, 08:19 PM
-Browns offseason acquisitions will win them the division
-The steelers are cheap, they should get big name free agents as the browns

Steel Warrior
09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
We had a great game today, no doubt!! Let's just enjoy that for awhile. Pundits were saying they would beat us, I didn't think so at all. Enjoy and let's get ready for the next one! Leftwich sucks, but we all knew that.

shevdog
09-07-2008, 08:40 PM
It is nice to see some big weak points last year tighten up!

Yeah, the haters will return when some mishap comes along.

Steeldude
09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
OL is toast

after one game against the lowly texans you are declaring these problems fixed :sofunny:

next you will be saying the steelers are going to win the SB for the next 10 years.

why is it when a fan points out a problem or weakness, they are labeled "haters"? i guess "lovers" are the fans who think everything is 100% great all of the time and see the steelers as flawless gods. maybe "lovers" should be called "lemmings" or better yet "raiders' fans".

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Dont leave out that the Browns are top of the AFC North....The Browns looked awesome today didnt they?

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Hey - three out of four that are utter BS isn't bad. :chuckle::wink02:

The fun thing about being a sports fan is that its all in the eye of the beholder :wink02:

You can go from the Penthouse to the Outhouse in one week, but its what is done consistently that is the true measure.

For instance, Wille Colon played well today, but as much as I like what I see in him...he has still been burned by the speed guys and might still be the weak link. I hope he proves me wrong.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-07-2008, 09:54 PM
after one game against the lowly texans you are declaring these problems fixed :sofunny:

next you will be saying the steelers are going to win the SB for the next 10 years.

why is it when a fan points out a problem or weakness, they are labeled "haters"? i guess "lovers" are the fans who think everything is 100% great all of the time and see the steelers as flawless gods. maybe "lovers" should be called "lemmings" or better yet "raiders' fans".

Dude, lowly is really not a fair assessment. They were 8-8 last season and yes finished 4th in the AFC south. The other 3 teams in that division (Colts, Jags, Titans) all made the playoffs.

Nothing is ever 100% great, but if its as bad as most of the "haters" make it out to be, they should just pack up the franchise and move it somewhere that its acceptable to suck.....Like Cleveland!!

Good game and yes, no surprise that the defending AFC North champs dont suck.

lilyoder6
09-07-2008, 09:56 PM
yeah and i wouldn't call the texans d-line low either.. mario williams and okoye.. they are real good yound d-lineman

Galax Steeler
09-08-2008, 03:38 AM
Texans or not we played a good damn game and willie parker had a great game even down at the goal line.

revefsreleets
09-08-2008, 08:34 AM
If we would have beaten the 76 Steelers yesterday, some people would have still questioned it. That's just the way it is for some, I suppose...

By the way, nice stiff-arm by Willie on his first run. That IS power running. Hopefully he keeps the form all year.

The_WARDen
09-08-2008, 08:39 AM
So, Troy didn't get hurt...impressive!

It's a long season and the Oline didn't have to protect Ben much yesterday (only 14 attempts) and he still took shots.

We shall see...it was good first win but the team hasn't been tested yet. Even next week is a joke game.

I hope they play this well the entire season as the AFC has just opened up big time with Marsha going down and the Colts not having an Oline either (now Manning gets to see what Ben goes through).

The_WARDen
09-08-2008, 08:41 AM

You can't be objective or the fan police will get you!
:coffee:

revefsreleets
09-08-2008, 08:44 AM
I'M an objective fan...but I'm not stupid enough to question moves that this FO makes. They are the most successful football franchise in the modern era (arguably, I guess) and they've earned the right to make moves without fans knee-jerking and second guessing every little thing they do.

Sure it's only one game, but that front 4 is as tough as any we'll face this year, and we dominated them at the point of attack.

The_WARDen
09-08-2008, 08:48 AM
I'M an objective fan...but I'm not stupid enough to question moves that this FO makes. They are the most successful football franchise in the modern era (arguably, I guess) and they've earned the right to make moves without fans knee-jerking and second guessing every little thing they do.

Sure it's only one game, but that front 4 is as tough as any we'll face this year, and we dominated them at the point of attack.

I question taking a RB in the 1st round when you already have one of the best in the league (am I allowed to praise Parker as a "hater"), when it's a fact that their Oline is suspect and their Dline needs youth/depth (the coach said that the Dline needed to be addressed not me).

This is not to say that I think Mendenhall is a bust or sucks or whatever. I just don't think they needed another RB in the FIRST round when they have a stud in Parker.

Steeldude
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM

i don't think choosing kordell, the human idiot, as the starting QB for 5 years was a little thing, but i guess you thought it was a brilliant move or a move that didn't need to be questioned because it was the FO's decision. i questioned that move from day 1. it turns out the FO was very stupid with that particular decision.

you are right, the FO has mostly made good decisions, but they have also had their share of bonehead moves. its fine if you want to agree with everything or refuse to question decisions, that is your right as a fan/person, but you seem to get awfully upset/annoyed because some fans have their own thoughts, opinions, guesses, disagreements... and so forth. why? what fun or how interesting would any message board be if fans never disagreed with the FO.

the D-line did do a very good job, but it's only one game and it happens to be the first game of the season. my question is "can they keep it up"? i really hope so :thumbsup: i was quite impressed with eason's hustle sunday. that's great news in case a. smith suffers a minor injury or worse.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2008, 09:40 AM

I dont think we play against a lot of 4 man fronts, but I dont know that Houston's is as tough as we will face this year. I'd think that the Ravens, Cowboys, Jags,Patriots and maybe Titans and Browns will have tougher defensive fronts than Okoye, Johnson, Weaver, Williams.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2008, 09:53 AM
i don't think choosing kordell, the human idiot, as the starting QB for 5 years was a little thing, but i guess you thought it was a brilliant move or a move that didn't need to be questioned because it was the FO's decision. i questioned that move from day 1. it turns out the FO was very stupid with that particular decision.

Right you are....but what about Troy Edwards, moving up to get Ricardo Colclough, Jamain Stevens, Alonzo Jackson, Huey Richardson, signing Todd Fordham, Sean Mahan or tagging Starks for $6.9mil??

People that questioned those moves do not deserve to be called "stupid", even though they challenged the FO.

My biggest draft blunders have been :
-Steven Jackson will be an average RB in the NFL,
-I wanted Justin Miller instead of Heath Miller in the draft,
-Larry Johnson only ran well against weak defenses in the Big 10, so will not be productive
-Javon Kearse will be another tweener that isnt productive

We all make some bad calls and fans arent as informed as the scouting staff, but that's what makes having opinons about your favorite team fun.

revefsreleets
09-08-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm talking about the constant harping, the bitter protests over EVERY LITTLE MOVE, and it's the same people over and over and over again. Every team makes the occasional blunder, but over the long haul what team has done more with less than the Steelers?

Kordell was the product of not having the cash to pay for a top flight NFL QB. As soon as they had new stadium revenue, the Rooney's remedied that. Christ, I remember a TON of people hated picking Big Ben!

There's nothing wrong with scrutinizing your team, but when the same people never have anything good to say, it just grates on my nerves...

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Revefs, you are absolutely correct that no team in the NFL has done more with less!! Glad to hear you feel there is nothing wrong with scrutinizing your team and its decisions, its part of being a fan. But yeah, the fickle haters can get annoying. (ie. Timmons is a bust!!....to Timmons is a Beast! ..guy)

Man, I cant remember any of the Big Ben haters, but I can imagine the posts went something like this..."He played where?? in the MAC?? He only played 3 seasons in Miami, OH?? We needed help on the line, should have drafted Shawn Andrews.

Personally, it gets on my nerves when people start hacking on players for a bad performance or categorize their play as bad, when they themselves probably never played and dont understand why the guy isnt a bum.

Both Smith and Kemo gave up sacks yesterday and I'm sure somebody (haters) will hack them for it when the euphoria wears off. But they dont understand that it was mostly scheme and miscommunication, not bad play and it can be corrected. I just try to not hate the haters.

revefsreleets
09-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Smith and Kemo also were awesome road graders yesterday, and I give them mad props for that.

We ran the ball to control the clock and protect the lead, and we haven't been effective doing that since the Super Bowl year. That bodes well...

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm still a Carey Davis hater though.

I'm on the Sean McHugh bandwagon instead.

Dino 6 Rings
09-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Hey, did we get a single 1st down after Ben left the game? Just wondering.

Steel Pit
09-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Hopefully "haters" won't have to open a topic like that too often this season, because it would say that Steelers are losing too many games.

I'm a proud and die hard Steeler fan (do you realize how difficult it is to follow the team when you are French???), i'm happy to be part of this community, but i don't like that mentality: do you really think that a real fan can't criticize? That a real fan just have sheet? I made ONE critic a few weeks ago, when Casey arrived out of shape in camp. And here we go: hater, not a real fan... And so, why Tomlin punished Hampton if we could be so glad about everything?

Just to tell you that a fan has the RIGHT to say he doesn't like something, because he can't help but react to what he sees (and maybe worry...). I wasn't happy because I want my team to be the best! And I totally supported Tomlin in his decision to make Hampton run like a guy who didn't make the team. If our D-Line was so good against the Texans, it is also because Tomlin didn't react like you guys, wasn't happy with what he saw - and he made a good decision, like the great coach he seems to be.

I liked what I saw today, because a great team is suposed to burry a not-so-good one, and that's what we did. But our schedule is difficult: it's not against the Texans that we can say if our D-Line is one of the best in the league (let's see against the Pats or the Chargers), or if our O-Line isn't a weakness (let's see against Jags or Titans). Waiting for those answers, I'm going to fully support my team, but seeing what I will see, I'm also going to have my own opinion about what my team is doing, and I hope everyone can have and say his opinion here. To criticize Hampton's shape doesn't make me a Steeler "hater": if I hate the Steelers, i don''t care about Hampton's shape. Always say "everything is good" and not finding ways to be better is not the way i see a supporting attitude.

Nice post Bus, my feelings are mutual. I've criticized certain players and coaches and I'll stand up to anyone who wants to make an issue of it. Besides, half of the "alleged" critical quotes within this thread were never said.

I'm happy for the win, the Steelers looked great against the Texans but this one game hasn't proven or disproven a damn thing.

Steel Pit
09-09-2008, 09:42 AM

Nice response Steeldude.

These people are beaching about members who have been critical of certain players, coaches or front office moves and they act as if this one game has proven the critics wrong while in turn, it has elevated themselves to an unreachable "Steelers knowlegde GOD" level.

The game was great, I have no complaints. I hope that they continue this style of play all season. And if they do? I'll bet souls with any member of this forum that NO ONE
in the Steelers Fever Forum had predected them to play, ALL SEASON, as well as they did versus the Texans.

To the post originator, don't come in here trying to call out those who have been critical of this or that. The same goes out to the many who have replied with their BOGUS accounts of past quotes. Fans have the ABSOLUTE right to their personal opinions of players, coaches, or front office moves. If you would take the time to read a few threads posted by the alleged "haters", you would find that most of them have predicted the Steelers to win the AFC North Division.

So who are the haters? I would venture to say that it's those who have decided to post a thread, after a terrific performance by the Steelers, with intentions of bashing a group of fellow Steelers fans.

Peace to the threads originator, nice try but I'm too happy with my Steelers to allow anyone to rent space in my head. :tt02::tt::thumbsup:

revefsreleets
09-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Au contraire, mon frere...EVERY one of these was expounded upon at one point or another by the resident haters, and some incessently:

Parker is done
OL is toast
Troy is over
Drafting was terrible

I took the liberty of emphasizing them in order of the harping...

Elvis
09-09-2008, 10:09 AM
On alot of our gameday threads, it is said one minute that our defense sucks.. then the very next week if we defeat someone like 23-10 and just give up 7 points in the last 3 minutes.. well our defense is all of a sudden the best in the league again... that is the way fans do things sometimes. I still dont think our offensive line is fixed by no means, they played pretty well especially in the running game. Keomateau is just as good as the so called all everything OG in Faneca was the last few years. With experience he will be better. Our secondary were lucky with a few missed catches and a QB that looked like he hadnt played in a real in almost a year.. oh.. yeh... he hasnt.. I think that the Steelers have gotten off to a good start... but you know what?... We have the Browns this upcoming weekend and it we will be facing a very hungry team after they lost to Cowboys. 1 week doesnt win the Super Bowl guys/gals
:tt02:

JackHammer
09-09-2008, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=Edman;432384
Sean Mahan sucks.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Yup, the "Mahan sucks" haters, still reside here. The Bucs forum has no such time to create threads for their backup center.

stlrtruck
09-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Yup, the "Mahan sucks" haters, still reside here. The Bucs forum has no such time to create threads for their backup center.

Because in Tampa, they all suck!!! The bandwagon here is worse than the one in New England. One week, window flags galore, the next just a bunch of ocean breeze blowing across dry land!!!

revefsreleets
09-09-2008, 12:38 PM
My point is much more about general trends and the like. Just because the OL played poorly last year doesn't necessarily mean we need 5 new guys. It's like the key log in a log jam...you just need to find small tweaks to fix the problem. One thing brings about another...the OL plays poorly which puts pressure on Ben and the running game which makes the play calling look bad etc, etc...it's like domino's...and it's easy to point fingers at specific players and coaches.

Most people just can't see the forest through the trees.

And, also, again, beating up the Texans is being marginalized, as if it's easy to just wipe your feet on and totally dominate another NFL team. This wasn't the 07 Dolphins we played, this was a solid football team, and we humilitaed them in every phase of the game. That doesn't happen often and it IS a big deal.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Because in Tampa, they all suck!!! The bandwagon here is worse than the one in New England. One week, window flags galore, the next just a bunch of ocean breeze blowing across dry land!!!

Yeah, but you can get some good blackened grouper, a beer and watch the sunset on the Gulf :thumbsup:

Steel Pit
09-09-2008, 01:10 PM
My point is much more about general trends and the like. Just because the OL played poorly last year doesn't necessarily mean we need 5 new guys. It's like the key log in a log jam...you just need to find small tweaks to fix the problem. One thing brings about another...the OL plays poorly which puts pressure on Ben and the running game which makes the play calling look bad etc, etc...it's like domino's...and it's easy to point fingers at specific players and coaches.

Most people just can't see the forest through the trees.

And, also, again, beating up the Texans is being marginalized, as if it's easy to just wipe your feet on and totally dominate another NFL team. This wasn't the 07 Dolphins we played, this was a solid football team, and we humilitaed them in every phase of the game. That doesn't happen often and it IS a big deal.

You're right, the Steelers totally dominated the game in every phase. I predicted a 13-6 Steelers victory so I was pleasantly suprised. Most of the bashing that you're speaking of occurred last year AND during last season much of the bashing was warranted. I haven't seen much bashing this season.

I've been a Steelers fan since 1975, I jumped the bangwagon at the age of 9. I've never liked EVERY Steelers player and I NEVER will. I'm sure that you can say the same. I feel that I, and everyone else, has the right to air their complaints. Everyone may not agree and that's fine, that's what makes forums interesting. If we all had the same beliefs then there wouldn't be a need for a forum.

What I don't understand is why members are criticized for their dislike of certain players, coaches, etc. but on the other hand, other members are bashed because they were fans of former Steelers players such as Kordell Stewart or John Kuhn.

I mean how's it going to be? Do we bash anyone who speaks negative of a Steelers player unless it's Kordell Stewart or John Kuhn? I for one liked John Kuhn but my God I wouldn't dare tell about 50% of the members in this forum, unless of course I wanted to be bashed for liking a former-Steelers player.

Haters???? I guess that it's OK to hate on anyone that disagrees with you so long as you have the right log in name.

stlrtruck
09-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Yeah, but you can get some good blackened grouper, a beer and watch the sunset on the Gulf :thumbsup:

Now that my friend is something you can do all year long!!! :drink:

Dino 6 Rings
09-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Haters...to me

Anyone who does not recognize the greatness that is the Pittsburgh Steelers. If you worship some other false idol other than MY team, then I declare you to be an official Hater. You either have resolved to live correctly and be a Steelers fan...or you sin...and cheer for someone else.

Those are Haters...to me anyway...but then again...I lost my marbles years ago...

Dino 6 Rings
09-09-2008, 04:59 PM
by the way...we Did NOT get a 1st down after Ben left the game. I am not happy with that. I was never high on Batch, but he could move the sticks. Byron better step up.

steel striker
09-09-2008, 06:22 PM
I agree with most because, it is only one game. We have to play like that every game this season. Now we can move foward and, prepare for the browns. Dino, I'm with you on that fact after Ben came out of the game we did not get a first down. I like the fact the Leftwich does have a cannon but, maybe he throws too hard? Nate did drop a catchable pass.

Back to the hater thread it is funny that alot of the media seems to avoid talking about us unless we are struggling. I still can't believe Tom Waddle picked the texans over us. I guess alot of people hate the steelers because, we are winners.