PDA

View Full Version : I miss Faneca Already

scsteeler
09-07-2008, 05:07 PM
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I think Faneca is a great player I am very happy he is not in a Steeler uniform anymore. Alan caused disharmony and this caused the line to play below what they were capable of. I have stated to others before the start of the season that this line will be much better without Faneca. I think todays game proves that.

Yes it is the first game but against the Texans a team that is well known for putting pressure on opposing O-lines. I think the Steeler's O-line showed they will be much better than in years past.

Kudos to Tomlin and staff for making the right moves to get this team going in the right direction. Of course the first bad game and the nah-sayers will be out again in full force declaring that this line sucks. I have followed the Steelers for years and the O-line was declining long before Tomlin and staff took over.

:tt::tt02:

stillers4me
09-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Faneca who????

revefsreleets
09-07-2008, 05:20 PM
VIOLENT run blocker...seems like Tomlin's praise for Kemo was well deserved.

The Duke
09-07-2008, 05:21 PM
let's see....

jets running game- 112 and a TD. Steelers running game-183 yards 3 TDs

jets against a bad miami defense, steelers against a good houston defense

and the jets overall gave up 3 sacks and the steelers 2

yep, the steelers should have made faneca the highest paid guard in history. :rolleyes:

I love kemoeatu so far!!

HometownGal
09-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Kemo played a damned good game today! He's a big, BIG man and is very strong. In size, he makes Faneca look like a dwarf. :chuckle:

KeiselPower99
09-07-2008, 06:44 PM
I knew Kemo would silece his haters in game 1.

HometownGal
09-07-2008, 06:52 PM
There were only 2 Steelers that I can say I missed terribly when they left and they are Kevin Greene and Rod Woodson.

steelwall
09-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Agreed, I've said it many times my beef with Fanica was his constant crying about something. I also said before the locker room is probably a better place without him. He gave us some good years but......bye bye....

Steelman16
09-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Faneca can have fun in new York. Pittsburgh done said goodbye. Kemo is more than a capable replacement. The dude is a beast.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Folks, I am one of the biggest Kemo supporters on this board and think he had a good game, but the sacks by Williams were Kemo's fault.

The first one a result of him not realizing that Smith had the outside rusher and he was to pickup Mario Williams. The second was more of a complicated scheme, but Kemo missed the block.

Its all going to get better with time, because its a function of knowing the guys that play on either side of you and what they will do and your responsibilities.

All in all, good game and I'm sure he will get better. Too bad he isnt under contract past this season. I hope they can keep him around.

MACH1
09-07-2008, 08:16 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by the o-line play. They still need to "jell" together a lil bit more. And Ben wasn't running for his life in this game. Sure they gave up a couple sacks, but time together should help.

millwalldavey
09-07-2008, 09:05 PM
My girl was squaling "Theres Faneca!" during the highlights...

My reply... "Who cares... he's not a Steeler!"

Good showing today by the O-Line.

lilyoder6
09-07-2008, 09:57 PM
it was a good showing of the o-line.. smith had a real good game.. just a good game all around from the line

Michael Keller
09-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Did Starks play at all today?

Galax Steeler
09-08-2008, 03:33 AM
I think our line looked good today hopefully they will get better as the year gos on.

SteelMember
09-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Kemo is a true wide body.

His run blocking was very good. Just needs to round it out with some better pass protection.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Did Starks play at all today?

Yeah, he got in during the 4th quarter when the game was amost over. Earning his paychek. :wink02:

atlsteelers
09-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Folks, I am one of the biggest Kemo supporters on this board and think he had a good game, but the sacks by Williams were Kemo's fault.

The first one a result of him not realizing that Smith had the outside rusher and he was to pickup Mario Williams. The second was more of a complicated scheme, but Kemo missed the block.

Its all going to get better with time, because its a function of knowing the guys that play on either side of you and what they will do and your responsibilities.

All in all, good game and I'm sure he will get better. Too bad he isnt under contract past this season. I hope they can keep him around.

i agree. it did look like kemo missed his blocks on the sacks. too bad they do not have this kid signed long term because besides the couple missed blocks he looks like he can play

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2008, 10:25 AM
i agree. it did look like kemo missed his blocks on the sacks. too bad they do not have this kid signed long term because besides the couple missed blocks he looks like he can play

Yeah, Kemo seemed unsure of who Smith had and looked inside, but forgot about Williams. On the other it looked like Smith was unsure who Kemo had and Marvel left Williams. Both correctable, but if the game was closer, the "Smith Sucks" or "Kemo sucks" threads would be out.

I still cant understand why they never looked to extend Kemo before the season started?? Maybe it was cap related, because they all kept saying he was performing well in the preseason and last year. Maybe they feel comfortable that if he leaves in free agency, they can play Stapleton or even Colon inside. :noidea:

Rotorhead
09-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Missed blocks or not, for our line to contain the highest rated rusher in the league is an accomplishment for them to build on. It is absolutely crazy how fast and strong Williams is so 2 sacks for this game is ok by me. Faneca would have been fine for another few years IMO, but I dont think the change to KemoEatU was a downgrade. I absolutely agree his whining BS was part of a problem last season.

steel58
09-08-2008, 01:15 PM
I think other than Woodson (and he changed positions), the only player the Steelers let go that played as well or better on their new team was Vrabel

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-08-2008, 01:23 PM
There were only 2 Steelers that I can say I missed terribly when they left and they are Kevin Greene and Rod Woodson.

Woodson leaving...killed me. I was also sad to see El leave...but knew we couldnt afford to keep him.

rbryan
09-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Vrable doesn't count. He sucked when he was here. He didn't look good till Billycheat got him on the HGH and told him what play the opposing offense was running right before the snap....lol

fansince'76
09-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Woodson leaving...killed me. I was also sad to see El leave...but knew we couldnt afford to keep him.

I was sad to see El leave too, but Snyder grossly overpaid for him.

I don't even want to get into Woodson. Made me sick watching him getting his only ring as a Ratbird. :mad:

The_WARDen
09-08-2008, 01:59 PM

Kordell Stewart didn't make your list? :flap:

HometownGal
09-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Kordell Stewart didn't make your list? :flap:

Well yeah, kinda. He made my shit list long before he was sent packin'. :chuckle:

stlrtruck
09-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Woodson, Lake, and Nickerson make the list for me.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Vrable doesn't count. He sucked when he was here. He didn't look good till Billycheat got him on the HGH and told him what play the opposing offense was running right before the snap....lol

Vrabel never sucked when he was here, he was just stuck behind Gildon and Porter, so he never got much of a chance.

Remember his sack in NE during that playoff game back in '97. Big play for the Steelers to win a playoff game.

lilyoder6
09-08-2008, 03:58 PM
i still wish we still had chris hope at fs.. he was so much under-rated playing on our d.. i mean clark and smith are good but hope was better... randle el was good.. but he got way way overpaid..

steelreserve
09-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Of course they didn't show the game here in California (opting instead for the Eagles-Rams game for some reason I'll never know). But my dad saw it in Vegas, and said it looked like Kemoeatu was just blowing people away like it was nothing. He said something like "Who the hell is this new guy? I thought our offensive line was supposed to be terrible this year."

Havik
09-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Kemo is a beast while run blocking, hopefully some coaching and more starts improve his pass protection skills. Remember this is his first start in almost 2 years. The sacks were a result of inexperience more than anything.