PDA

View Full Version : Derek Anderson...Picking Up Right Where He Left Off...

revefsreleets
09-08-2008, 11:20 AM
11 of 24 for 114 and a TD, 45.8% completion, 74 QBR and 2 fumbles

I think he had 10 straight incompletions at one point.

"Brady, Brady, Brady!" by the 3rd quarter next week...

xfl2001fan
09-08-2008, 12:38 PM
How many of those incompletions were drops? I think Braylon had 4 of them himself. It's not always on the QB.

tony hipchest
09-08-2008, 12:52 PM
can i add palmer to this list?

10/25, 99yds, 1 int. :sofunny: (only sacked twice)

STEELtownHAVOX
09-08-2008, 12:54 PM
I did see Braylon drop quite a few. But Palmer and Anderson didn't have there best outtings. Hell, even Flacco out performed them. Hope Anderson has another crappy night when we play them Sunday.

xfl2001fan
09-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Sadly enough, at this time, I'm just hoping we can compete. Between my brother's observations of the Steelers game and what I saw of the Browns game, that would be an accomplishment in itself.

Dino 6 Rings
09-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Finally...the Browns are on the schedule...unlike other fans I won't look ahead and say...over look the "best" team in the NFC in hopes to get to play my bitter rival...in answer to this post I say...

The only thing Anderson is going to be picking up this weekend are his shattered teeth off the field when we roll into Cleveland and hand them the single worst beating they have every collectively received in their short "we are a 10 win team" lives.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-08-2008, 02:13 PM
11 of 24 for 114 and a TD, 45.8% completion, 74 QBR and 2 fumbles

I think he had 10 straight incompletions at one point.

"Brady, Brady, Brady!" by the 3rd quarter next week...

WHOA...I called this one at the end of last season!!!! He is one season away from competing with Rex Grossman in the arena football league!!

fansince'76
09-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Sadly enough, at this time, I'm just hoping we can compete. Between my brother's observations of the Steelers game and what I saw of the Browns game, that would be an accomplishment in itself.

Well, take solace in the fact that the opening game of the season isn't usually the most accurate gauge of how the season will unfold for a team overall. There's a loooooong way to go.

xfl2001fan
09-08-2008, 02:45 PM
I find it hard to take solace in a loss. I could care less about the injuries to our WRs (Joe J and Donte) or our defense (specifically Peek at OLB). Even if those guys had been healthy, the defensive playcalling would still have been weak and the offense would still have looked like crap.

It's not doom and gloom for me, but I won't find solace in anything at this time except a victory.

HometownGal
09-08-2008, 03:39 PM
It's not doom and gloom for me, but I won't find solace in anything at this time except a victory.

Sorry xfl - you're not going to be finding solace this week either. :flap::chuckle:

If DA can't do anything against the Rats D, I'm sure the Steelers D is licking its chops. :yummy::yummy: Anderson is going to be seeing the numbers 56 and 92 in his puss all day.

The Duke
09-08-2008, 03:54 PM
but....but big ben is just a game manager :flap:

anderson is hitting reality. flacco and ben will be the top qbs in the division

palmer should just get out of Cincinnati, like right now

revefsreleets
09-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Bear in mind, these numbers fall right in line with the numbers from last December. And Braylon had the second most drops in the league last year, so there's nothing new.

I don't expect him to exactly light it up next week, either.

VegasDogg
09-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Dallas has a pretty good defense and they didn't get to DA. Pittsburgh does not have a defense as talented as Dallas so I don't think DA has much to worry about. Plus those guys you call DB's are going to be seeing the backside of 80 and 17 all day long.

I know your team is not taking us as lightly as you are, that's for sure.

fansince'76
09-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Dallas has a pretty good defense and they didn't get to DA. Pittsburgh does not have a defense as talented as Dallas so I don't think DA has much to worry about. Plus those guys you call DB's are going to be seeing the backside of 80 and 17 all day long.

Too bad DA can't hit the broad side of a barn despite all the "time" he supposedly gets and those "elite WRs" can't seem to hold on to anything, huh? :coffee:

Suspected you were a troll the second you signed up and it looks like my suspicions have been confirmed. It's all good, because I'm sure you won't be back after the bludgeoning your team gets Sunday night. :yawn:

lilyoder6
09-08-2008, 04:55 PM
T. Romo 24/32 320

tony was picking the browns d apart like crazy... and the steelers actually have healthy wr's and te.. has to dallas only having 2 healthy wr's... and ur so called man brylon edwards did horrible..

MACH1
09-08-2008, 05:01 PM

How many hours did they give romo to pick them apart. I thought he was going to get rigamortis standing back there.

HometownGal
09-08-2008, 05:27 PM

:blah::blah::blah: Talk is cheap, oh fan of Browns stains. Every season we hear the same old smack, different troll. The Browns talk the talk but can't walk the walk against the Steelers.

DA the Wonder Brown will be having nightmares for weeks subsequent to Sunday night's game after having #'s 56, 51 and 92 tatooed on his chest. The Steelers are going to introduce him to their secret recipe for turf pizza and Jomama is going to be begging Romeo the Hut to pull him after he takes an ass beating from the Steelers DL. :point:

I know your team is not taking us as lightly as you are, that's for sure

Why wouldn't we take the Stains lightly? We've owned you for 4 seasons and you're our bitches.

The Steelers are comin' to git ya, Derek.

BOO!

http://thefeed.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/10/steelers.jpg

Edman
09-08-2008, 06:29 PM
After seeing your atrocious "Defense" shredded consistently against Dallas, I wouldn't get too cute talking smack on the Steelers.

The Browns are a supposed AFC contender but their doors are blown off against what's this? A team that's actually good. Reality sucks doesn't it, Brownie?

I know the Steelers won't be taking the Browns lightly. They're very angry and want to prove that they are the top dog in the AFC North. They've been dissed all offseason by you yapping pups and want to deliver some reality in Delusionland.

fansince'76
09-08-2008, 06:31 PM
After seeing your atrocious "Defense" shredded consistently against Dallas, I wouldn't get too cute talking smack on the Steelers.

The Browns are a supposed AFC contender but their doors are blown off against what's this? A team that's actually good. Reality sucks doesn't it, Brownie?

I know the Steelers won't be taking the Browns lightly. They're very angry and want to prove that they are the top dog in the AFC North. They've been dissed all offseason by you yapping pups and want to deliver some reality in Delusionland.

You would think that somebody who just watched their team get its collective ass completely kicked all over its own back yard would be smart enough to keep their mouth shut. This troll will be long gone after the beatdown Sunday night and his offseason-on-paper AFCN Champs fall to 0-2.

xfl2001fan
09-08-2008, 07:08 PM

Wow! I'm a Browns fan and you don't see me talking crap. Until the Browns prove that they're an improved team, there's no real reason to talk trash. Yesterday was a serious regression from last season. Not even a "hold". Regression. We played better against NE last year than we did against Dallas.

We haven't beaten Pittsburgh in how long? Until we do, you seriously should consider doing yourself a huge favor by sitting down and shutting up unless you can come up with some intelligent analysis.

ShutDown24
09-08-2008, 07:21 PM

Well, let's just hope it's competetive this weekend.

xfl2001fan
09-08-2008, 07:22 PM
It's sad that I would probably be semi-content at being able to compete with the Steelers.

stillers4me
09-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Well, let's just hope it's competetive this weekend.

Not me......I hoping for a shutout. :chuckle:

With the Steelers victorious of course.

xfl2001fan
09-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Nice edit, I had hit the quote button just as you finished the edit. LOL

stillers4me
09-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Nice edit, I had hit the quote button just as you finished the edit. LOL

yeah......I got hit with the "be careful what you wish for" thing in my brain. :sofunny:

9-5
09-09-2008, 02:14 AM
The Browns had 7 or 8 drops Sunday, so it was not DA's fault his stats are so bad. Not mention out #2 receiver was Syndric Steptoe.

What happened Sunday was the worst case scenario. We had no pass rush, and our young corners got burned because of that. No corner can be asked to cover for 8 seconds.

I'm a little nervous about Sunday night. We show up like that again, it will be 10 in a row for the Steelers. Then again, your line isn't exactly as good as Dallas is. The way Houston got pressure, we should have a better pass rush. With a better pass rush, B-Mac and E-Wright will not have to cover for so long.

Still, it should be a competitive game. If it isn't.........

You will see a new sig.

fansince'76
09-09-2008, 02:53 AM
The Browns had 7 or 8 drops Sunday, so it was not DA's fault his stats are so bad. Not mention out #2 receiver was Syndric Steptoe.

Don't care. WRs at the NFL level need to be able to catch.

What happened Sunday was the worst case scenario.

Yeah, a 28-10 drubbing at home in which the game wasn't as close as the score indicates is definitely that.

We had no pass rush....

Much like last year. Big surprise there.

....and our young corners got burned....

Again, much like last year. And again, absolutely no surprise.

Then again, your line isn't exactly as good as Dallas is. The way Houston got pressure, we should have a better pass rush. With a better pass rush, B-Mac and E-Wright will not have to cover for so long.

And we utilized a lot of 3-step drops by Ben to mitigate Houston's pass rush, which IS better than yours (DeMeco Ryan is arguably better and Mario Williams is definitely better than anybody you have on your DL, sorry). I think Ben's statline of 13-14 for 137 yards, 2 TDs and a 147.0 passer rating attests to that. And besides that, what's to prevent you from getting gashed by our running game? You couldn't stop Dallas' and our running game is better than theirs.

Still, it should be a competitive game. If it isn't.........

You will see a new sig.

If I were you, I'd be testing it out in the crash dummy forum.

9-5
09-09-2008, 03:00 AM
Don't care. WRs at the NFL level need to be able to catch.

So, you are going to blame the QB for his receivers dropping passes they should have caught?

Galax Steeler
09-09-2008, 05:06 AM
Yeah he throwed wobbley passes and the recievers couldn't hang on to them.:chuckle:

stlrtruck
09-09-2008, 09:23 AM
How many of those incompletions were drops? I think Braylon had 4 of them himself. It's not always on the QB.

I think the NFL should start monitoring dropped balls as a stat!

revefsreleets
09-09-2008, 09:56 AM
These weren't 30 yard ropes, either. Most of what DA throws is dink and dunk, and he's still not terribly accurate.

As for me taking the Browns seriously, why would I? Does the hammer fear the nail? And it's not like I'm playing Sunday. I'm sure the Steelers will be up and ready for the rivalry game, as their record in the last 25 games or so clearly shows.

I will admit that I was wrong about one thing. Getting those big DL SHOULD have free'd up the LBers to make some plays, but it's clear that either the LBers are overrated, or the new DL are overrated (or both), because there is no pass rush of any kind, not even out of Wembley.

No pass rush + weak secondary = LONG season

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-09-2008, 11:05 AM
What happened Sunday was the worst case scenario. We had no pass rush, and our young corners got burned because of that. No corner can be asked to cover for 8 seconds.

Wow...not too long ago someone asked you about trading your best cornerback for a fat, out of shape lineman....and you denied that Leigh was any good OR that your lineman was out of shape.

Hmmmmm....what was it you said exactly?

Don't you think it would be a little stupid to trade our "best corner" and a draft pick for a "unmotivated out of shape" NT? I do. I still don't know why people think Leigh was good, he is a big play guy. He either makes the big play, or gives it up, and he gave up alot more then he made.

xfl2001fan
09-09-2008, 11:57 AM
These weren't 30 yard ropes, either. Most of what DA throws is dink and dunk, and he's still not terribly accurate.

As for me taking the Browns seriously, why would I? Does the hammer fear the nail? And it's not like I'm playing Sunday. I'm sure the Steelers will be up and ready for the rivalry game, as their record in the last 25 games or so clearly shows.

I will admit that I was wrong about one thing. Getting those big DL SHOULD have free'd up the LBers to make some plays, but it's clear that either the LBers are overrated, or the new DL are overrated (or both), because there is no pass rush of any kind, not even out of Wembley.

No pass rush + weak secondary = LONG season

It's hard to generate a pass rush when your DC idiotically calls for 8-man coverage for the majority of the game. We didn't start getting any kind of pressure on Romo until the second half when we began using Wimbley and company on blitzes. It seemed like we were more creative during the preseason than we were on Sunday with the play calling.

Wow...not too long ago someone asked you about trading your best cornerback for a fat, out of shape lineman....and you denied that Leigh was any good OR that your lineman was out of shape.

Hmmmmm....what was it you said exactly?

No cornerback was going to look good that game when we were rushing only three lineman. Romo had all day to throw because there was usually 2 blockers for every "rusher".

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-09-2008, 12:08 PM
It's hard to generate a pass rush when your DC idiotically calls for 8-man coverage for the majority of the game. We didn't start getting any kind of pressure on Romo until the second half when we began using Wimbley and company on blitzes. It seemed like we were more creative during the preseason than we were on Sunday with the play calling.

No cornerback was going to look good that game when we were rushing only three lineman. Romo had all day to throw because there was usually 2 blockers for every "rusher".

The idea of only rushing 3 is to put 8 into coverage and not give up any throwing lanes or zones. If the cowpokes sent the maximum of 5WR's into patterns, the thought would be that 8 defenders could cover them long enough to get a "coverage sack".

Sadly, its probably safer than blitzing 6 and leaving 5 nickel DB's to get burnt.

I said early in the spring, the Clowns will have a better rush defense(apparantly I was wrong) but get picked apart in the secondary with that depleted corps of DB's. That is what I expect to see this sunday night. I think you guys will get your rushing D in order.

xfl2001fan
09-09-2008, 12:42 PM
The idea of only rushing 3 is to put 8 into coverage and not give up any throwing lanes or zones. If the cowpokes sent the maximum of 5WR's into patterns, the thought would be that 8 defenders could cover them long enough to get a "coverage sack".

Sadly, its probably safer than blitzing 6 and leaving 5 nickel DB's to get burnt.

I said early in the spring, the Clowns will have a better rush defense(apparantly I was wrong) but get picked apart in the secondary with that depleted corps of DB's. That is what I expect to see this sunday night. I think you guys will get your rushing D in order.

Zones have holes, period. Any halfway decent QB will hit any halfway decent WR in zone coverage on a fairly consistent basis. Romo is one of the better QBs in the NFC, though still doesn't approach top three in the AFC. TO is a top 5-WR and Witten was a beast.

The play calling was absolutely horrendous. Plain and simple. 3 rushers is good for prevent defense...which only prevents a team from holding a lead.

We didn't have a lead to begin with, so going prevent was an even dumber call.

Edman
09-09-2008, 12:42 PM
I too believed the Cleveland Run Defense would improve just a bit. And even that didn't work.

Tony Homo could set up lounging furniture with the amount of time he had back there in the pocket. And even when The Browns dropped 8, he still found holes. Shaun Rogers was getting doubled and Corey Williams was invisible. Speaking of their big free agent signings, Donte Stallworth didn't play either.

The bottom line is Cleveland's Defense is still awful and has shown no improvement. What's more alarming is Cleveland's Offense. Derek Anderson is inaccurate and at one point had nine straight incompletions.

The Field Goal was a sign of surrender by Romeo.

revefsreleets
09-09-2008, 01:18 PM
All I've heard from the fans around here is that Romeo has to go, that he got lazy after his contract extension, yada, yada, yada...

It just proves the old adage: When the team wins, it's the players, when the team loses, it's the coaches.

Vince Lombardi coaching that team, with Dick LeBeau as the DC and Bill Walsh as the OC wouldn't have made a lick of difference. The Browns were just outclassed and outplayed in every phase of the game.

lilyoder6
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
it did look like romo has having bbq in the backfield... them playing zone usually the te will have a big day.. like witten did w/ 90 some yrds

xfl2001fan
09-09-2008, 01:29 PM
All I've heard from the fans around here is that Romeo has to go, that he got lazy after his contract extension, yada, yada, yada...

It just proves the old adage: When the team wins, it's the players, when the team loses, it's the coaches.

Vince Lombardi coaching that team, with Dick LeBeau as the DC and Bill Walsh as the OC wouldn't have made a lick of difference. The Browns were just outclassed and outplayed in every phase of the game.

I'm not saying we would have won. But the play calling (particularly defensively) was atrocious. When you've got 5 blockers for 3 pass rushers, the offense is going to win 90% of those battles. Given enough time, all QBs will find an open WR...and all WRs will find an open hole in the zone coverage.

Offensively, I'd blame the players (Braylon's drops in particular) first. They didn't (ceollectivelty) execute worth a damn. Anderson needed to work on his short game and thinks a 5 yard out requires the same velocity as a 20 yard out.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-09-2008, 01:51 PM
I thought that Cleveland had this great pass rusher in Wimbley?? Should be able to send him and 2 other decent D-linemen and get some pressure.

I never saw the game, but from what I am hearing....the Coaches suck, the DB's suck, Anderson sucked and its time to think of getting a high draft pick.

Mistake on the lake!!! oh yeah!!

xfl2001fan
09-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Wimbley could be a great pass rusher. Don't know. I think they had him rush the passer on 4 or 5 plays that game. That was part of the problem. We weren't playing to all of our players strengths.

Wimbley is a much better pass rusher than pass defender, but they used the weakest part of his game to try and help the weakest part of our D...instead of applying quick/hard pressure on Romo to force him to make quick (which tends to lead to dumb) decisions.

That's why I blame our DC for our defensive ineptness. Our offensive ineptness was on our offensive players. They didn't perform.

This is all (of course) a gross over-simplification, but it's probably the most accurate way of simply stating the game.

9-5
09-09-2008, 03:26 PM
I think the NFL should start monitoring dropped balls as a stat!
They do............
Yeah he throwed wobbley passes and the recievers couldn't hang on to them.:chuckle:
Throwed?

Still, its the receivers fault. You get your hands on it, you catch it.

stlrtruck
09-09-2008, 03:35 PM
They do............

I haven't seen it in a WRs stats section - when I see it there, then I'll believe they actually record it.

MACH1
09-09-2008, 03:51 PM
I haven't seen it in a WRs stats section - when I see it there, then I'll believe they actually record it.

They do. Its called incompletions that the qb gets the credit for. :wink02:

xfl2001fan
09-09-2008, 04:57 PM
You have to look at sites like footballoutsiders.com to find people who really track it.

Dino 6 Rings
09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't get why the Browns didn't try to establish the run more and keep the ball out of Romo's hands. Lewis looked ok during the game, just don't get it.

There were a lot of dropped balls too by Cleveland receivers, hopefully next week, the tip those up in the air so my d-backs and take them back to the house for 6 points. That'll be nice.

I think the Steelers blitzing scheme is going to be too much for Anderson to handle, and the Steelers "throw" to set up the "run" is going to neutralize the 8 man in the box defense and the Browns will be stuck in the nickle most of the game and Willie and Mendenhall will get tons of yardage.

stlrtruck
09-10-2008, 09:44 AM
You have to look at sites like footballoutsiders.com to find people who really track it.

My point being is that it should be an NFL stat and not some off-site company keeping them.

It would truly make a difference in a stat for QBs and WRs alike. For example, I'll use DA, what if DA goes 15 for 28 but the stats show 8 dropped balls that were catchable. Now DA is 15 for 20 - big difference and it shows that the responsibility isn't solely DA's but that his receiving corp played a part in it.

revefsreleets
09-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Quote from Crennel on rushing 3:

http://www.ohio.com/sports/28124704.html

''Early on, we were only rushing three and putting more guys in coverage. In the second half, we started rushing more guys. Now then, the question becomes, why did you only rush three?'' Browns coach Romeo Crennel said. ''You rush three to get more guys in coverage because they have some weapons that you have to cover, and even with that those weapons were pretty productive.''

I'm gonna take a stab at DA's #'s for this week. Gonna have to pass because they'll be playing from behind, so let's say 17-35 for 147, 1 TD and 2 INT's.

lilyoder6
09-10-2008, 10:43 AM
i am too suprised that the browns didn't try to run more early on.. it seems thats jamal lewis rejuvenated his career behind that good o-line but they aboneded the run and the wr's/te's were dropping a lot of passes..

xfl2001fan
09-10-2008, 01:16 PM
My point being is that it should be an NFL stat and not some off-site company keeping them.

It would truly make a difference in a stat for QBs and WRs alike. For example, I'll use DA, what if DA goes 15 for 28 but the stats show 8 dropped balls that were catchable. Now DA is 15 for 20 - big difference and it shows that the responsibility isn't solely DA's but that his receiving corp played a part in it.

Right on. It's really a matter of getting the "main" sites (ESPN/NFL.com) to post those stats.

I got to FO (Football Outsiders) because they look at more than just conventional stats (yards earned) to figure out who the good teams really are.

Rushing for 200 yards against the Browns is not the same as rushing for 200 yards against the Steelers. I'd venture to say that it's better to rush for 125 yards against the Steelers than it is to rush for 200 yards against the Browns.

I like to look at more than just yards gained/given up as a measure for how good teams really are.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Quote from Crennel on rushing 3:

http://www.ohio.com/sports/28124704.html

''Early on, we were only rushing three and putting more guys in coverage. In the second half, we started rushing more guys. Now then, the question becomes, why did you only rush three?'' Browns coach Romeo Crennel said. ''You rush three to get more guys in coverage because they have some weapons that you have to cover, and even with that those weapons were pretty productive.''

I'm gonna take a stab at DA's #'s for this week. Gonna have to pass because they'll be playing from behind, so let's say 17-35 for 147, 1 TD and 2 INT's.

I truly think that he will not finish this game.

xfl2001fan
09-10-2008, 01:32 PM
If it get's us a win, then I don't care if he finishes. LOL

Dino 6 Rings
09-10-2008, 05:36 PM
If it get's us a win, then I don't care if he finishes. LOL

I want us to beat the teams we should beat. Unlike last season.

And Cleveland is a Team that the Steelers SHOULD beat. Bottom line. The Steelers have the better roster, from top to bottom. This is a MUST win for the Steelers to start 2-0 and get an edge on some of the other AFC Teams that lost in Week 1. Like the Colts, Chargers and Jaguars.

revefsreleets
09-10-2008, 06:24 PM
If DA is 17-35 for 147 for a TD and 2 picks, the Browns are NOT going to win this game.

With Wood and Silverback, it's certainly possible a very statuesque DA gets knocked out of the game.

Or the Browns are getting blown out so badly they "make the switch".

stlrtruck
09-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Look for Quinn to get his first taste of the Hellhounds...I guess you could say look for the Hellhounds to get their first taste of Quinn.

revefsreleets
09-11-2008, 10:07 AM
By the by, Charlie Frye has looked really good in the preseason out in Seattle. When DA gets benched, maybe the Browns can work out a deal to get him back?

stlrtruck
09-11-2008, 10:43 AM
By the by, Charlie Frye has looked really good in the preseason out in Seattle. When DA gets benched, maybe the Browns can work out a deal to get him back?

I'm sure they'd give up a first or second round for him (LOL).

fansince'76
09-14-2008, 11:19 PM

You were saying? I can live with 2 FGs against. :coffee:

That's ten in a row now, troll. Get a real HC.

HometownGal
09-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by VegasDogg
Plus those guys you call DB's are going to be seeing the backside of 80 and 17 all day long.

Hey turd burglar- you had it reversed. Me thinks 80 and 17 saw the front, sides and backs of those guys we call DB's all NIGHT long. :laughing::applaudit:

Don't let the door hit you in your brown doopa. :point::poop:

lilyoder6
09-14-2008, 11:26 PM
and thats it folkes.. now we'll see u again in the last week

Preacher
09-14-2008, 11:27 PM
You were saying? I can live with 2 FGs against. :coffee:

That's ten in a row now, troll. Get a real HC.

Why?

This is too much fun.

X-Terminator
09-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Hey turd burglar- you had it reversed. Me thinks 80 and 17 saw the front, sides and backs of those guys we call DB's all NIGHT long. :laughing::applaudit:

Don't let the door hit you in your brown doopa. :point::poop:

Another one comes in, and just like his pathetic excuse for a football team, gets sent home with his tail between his legs after being smacked in the nose with a rolled-up newspaper. Again.

See ya in December, VegasTroll! :wave::tt02:

revefsreleets
09-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Hmmmm...let's see. I said DA would be:
17-35 for 147 for a TD and 2 picks

And DA actually was:
18-32 for 166 2 picks and 0 TD's

QBR of 44.5

Didn't hear the Brady chants, but will probably by next week. It's over, Derek.

Dino 6 Rings
09-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Dang IT...He kept his mouth full of teeth. I'm depressed over that.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-15-2008, 11:50 PM
From the Clowns hometown newspaper cleveland.com

Conclusions:

The Browns, particularly their defense, played better than the previous week against Dallas.

The Steelers are in the Browns' heads. No matter what the Browns do, it seems, the Steelers are unfazed. Pittsburgh knows it will win in the end. And that's a fact jack.

Shaun Rogers played well.

For the second consecutive game, Braylon Edwards did not. Edwards is nowhere near a Pro Bowl standard right now.

Derek Anderson was mediocre again, regardless of problematic weather conditions.

The Browns' best player was punter Dave Zastudil, who somehow managed a 53-yard average (52.8 net) on five punts despite nasty winds.

Kamerion Wimbley was virtually non-existent.

The Browns did not block well for Jamal Lewis (19 carries, 38 yards). They did not give him enough room to get started.

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu is a top-notch player. The Browns need one like him, somebody who disrupts plays all over the field.

Romeo Crennel needs to take less stock in the field goal.