PDA

View Full Version : Woodley gets kisses from Peter King

Mosca
09-08-2008, 11:00 AM
King likes Wood, a lot. First, he quotes him on the proposal to lengthen the season:

"They're talking about cutting the preseason,'' Pittsburgh linebacker LaMarr Woodley said Sunday night. "They could cut the preseason and then just play 16 games in the regular season.''

No, I told him. The league is investigating cutting the number of preseason games to two or three, and playing 17 or 18 regular-season games.

"No, no,'' Woodley said. "Too many.''

Quotes Wood in giving the Steelers the #2 spot in Week 1's Fine Fifteen:

2. Pittsburgh (1-0). What a crushing performance. The defense terrorized Matt Schaub. Ben Roethlisberger strafed the Houston secondary, and Willie Parker had one of the best days of an ascending career. "We can play better,'' LaMarr Woodley told me after the game. Uh, how, exactly?

Then gives him first spot in Defensive Player of the Week, with another good quote:

LaMarr Woodley, OLB, Pittsburgh. Told you so. Before halftime, this rising star strongside linebacker batted down a pass, sacked Matt Schaub, and intercepted a pass headed for tight end Owen Daniels. Woodley and fellow linebacker James Harrison (three sacks) keyed a 38-17 win over Houston that wasn't that close.

"I need to show I can play in space,'' Woodley said afterward. "That's the big test for me. I've been playing the run my whole football career, and I'm confident in my pass-rush ability. But I've got to prove that I can cover receivers and tight ends, because that's what a Pittsburgh linebacker does.''

If one game is any indication, Woodley's going to do more than fine.

Hines0wnz
09-08-2008, 11:18 AM
No worries, I'm sure he'll be hating on the Steelers as soon as he can find a good candidate's azz to lock his lips on to.

I do like the fact that Woodley said they can play better though. It shows desire. :tt02:

GBMelBlount
09-08-2008, 11:20 AM
A well deserved love fest imo.

JackHammer
09-08-2008, 11:24 AM
I bought my sister a Woodley jersey for her birthday, in July. I had to explain to her why, since she didn't realize just how good he is. I think she gets it now :tt02:

OneForTheToe
09-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Butterfly Kisses? :noidea:

Galax Steeler
09-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Butterfly Kisses? :noidea:

Hopefully there was no tongue kisses.

lilyoder6
09-08-2008, 04:08 PM
someone has a man crush on woodly

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-08-2008, 04:27 PM