PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Smith

Steely McSmash
09-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Anyone notice that Anthony Smith was on the inactive list? They must be using one of the position flexible corners to backup at FS. Did anyone notice who was in when Clark was out for a few plays?

STEELtownHAVOX
09-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Tyrone Carter is second on the depth chart.

Steely McSmash
09-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Tyrone Carter is second on the depth chart.

that's for SS behind Troy. No one else is listed in the Steelers website.

OneForTheToe
09-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I guess Deshea would slide to saftey? I might expect Smith to be active this week since the Brownies obviously are a bit more pass happy.

STEELtownHAVOX
09-08-2008, 02:55 PM
that's for SS behind Troy. No one else is listed in the Steelers website.

Eitehr way, Tyrone will sub for Clark or Polamalu. As if both were hurt, I hope Smith would be active for that game.

Galax Steeler
09-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I did see Tyrone in on a few plays but for the most of the game he was quiet.

lilyoder6
09-08-2008, 05:07 PM
i woud rather have smith play than carter... imo.. but yeah since browns are more pass happy.. more secondary players will be active than lb's

Rotorhead
09-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Well we could just move Woodly to DB for this game lol

jjpro11
09-08-2008, 06:55 PM
on the radio they said the steelers did it so that they could activate anthony madison, whom they feel is one of their best special teamers, to combat the texans good special team return game. obviously it worked pretty well. if cribbs plays, im sure we will see the same thing.. even if cribbs doesnt play, i wouldnt mind us doing it again because the only way the browns can hang with us is if they make plays in the return game.

srk173
09-08-2008, 07:55 PM
When Clark went down, Carter was playing deep safety. Then they started playing a lot of cover two in the second half. Sitting in the upper endzone has some perks. You can see every jersey number clear at the snap.

SteelersMongol
09-08-2008, 09:25 PM
V gotta make sure 2 let him get loose when V play the Bungholes & the Cheatriots.

lilyoder6
09-08-2008, 11:04 PM
have smith knock winslow and edwards around a lil bit

Welcome To Smashmouth
09-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Anyone notice that Anthony Smith was on the inactive list?

Apparently I'm the only guy who sees his consistency on the football field. He out-performed R. Clark so hard in preseason and he still gets the shaft......it's pure bull my friends

Galax Steeler
09-09-2008, 04:25 AM
Well we could just move Woodly to DB for this game lol

Thats true that guy was all over the field.

fdp
09-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Just watched the Mike Tomlin conference, he said Gay would step in at FS if necessary

lilyoder6
09-09-2008, 01:35 PM
i would think then that something is wrong with smith then.. he is too good of a safety to have a 4th string cb lay safety

Welcome To Smashmouth
09-10-2008, 12:17 AM
i would think then that something is wrong with smith then.. he is too good of a safety to have a 4th string cb lay safety

Seriously what the hell is going on w/ this scenario?? He should be the starter, and I'm getting sick of great talent going overlooked. Am I the only person who thinks this guys a star that isn't getting his proper chance to shine??? It's the exact same thing as the McFadden picture....START THE GUY ALREADY!! His run support is damn near A+ material, and put the first Jax game and the game against the Patriots out of the window and his coverage is pretty damn solid from what i've seen

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-10-2008, 12:25 AM
He should be the starter, and I'm getting sick of great talent going overlooked. Am I the only person who thinks this guys a star that isn't getting his proper chance to shine??? I

Yes....pretty much you are the only person that thinks that.

I love the aggressiveness of Smith and he hits like Donnie Shell and Lee Flowers combined. The problem is that he is a Free Safety and needs to be able to read pass and get into coverage.

His great talent isnt overlooked....its his lousy mental aspect of the game that overshadows his talent. Just like Alonzo Spellman was...."physical ability of a worldbeater...but mind of an eggbeater"

jjpro11
09-10-2008, 12:28 AM
the benching could be a way for tomlin to send a message to smith. this kind of thing can be really effective.

OneForTheToe
09-10-2008, 12:54 AM
Seriously what the hell is going on w/ this scenario?? He should be the starter, and I'm getting sick of great talent going overlooked. Am I the only person who thinks this guys a star that isn't getting his proper chance to shine??? It's the exact same thing as the McFadden picture....START THE GUY ALREADY!! His run support is damn near A+ material, and put the first Jax game and the game against the Patriots out of the window and his coverage is pretty damn solid from what i've seen

Yea, what is wrong with that Lebeau? If he would have started Smith and McFadden the Steelers' D would'nt have sucked so bad on Sunday ....wait a minute. :mg::tap:

lilyoder6
09-10-2008, 10:57 AM
i think that with a lot of teams playing w/ 3 wr sets that b-mac gets a lot of playting time.. but i do agree smith should be playing more/ starting.. he is a good safety and is avg on pass cov... reminds me of roy williams.. and he is still a real good safety..

rbryan
09-12-2008, 11:54 AM
the benching could be a way for tomlin to send a message to smith. this kind of thing can be really effective.

Thats what I was thinking. Hopefully a little humble pie will make him realize he has to play within the system when he gets his next chance. I think it will pay off in the long run.