PDA

View Full Version : When does Marvin Lewis get fired?

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Man, I like the guy, but as a defensive coach, his team has sucked at tackling year after year. And to watch Joe Flacco run some 45 yards for a TD with a piano tied on his back, yet no Bengals were interested in pusuing him......its pretty clear that Lewis has lost his team.

Decent talent on the team, but no effort. Releasing Willie Anderson and Rudi Johnson to make room for those 2 guys named Ocho and Cinco wasnt that smart either.

Does he make it thru the season or get the axe before then??

MACH1
09-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Not sure what the owner is going to do. But maybe the answer lies with how many chances are they going to give child molester henry.

43Hitman
09-08-2008, 04:18 PM
A guy at work, who is a bengals fan, (very cool though we have great talks about football) has been screwing with me saying next year they are going after Cowher...If that happened I would crap myself.

Another thing, we have a standing bet. IF his team wins I have to wear Bengals gear of his choosing for a day. He has to do likewise. Suffice it to say, I haven't lost yet. I think I am safe for at least another few years.

Steelman16
09-08-2008, 04:20 PM
The Bungles are so disillusional they'll keep Marvin for a few more years.

fansince'76
09-08-2008, 04:22 PM
The Bungles are so disillusional they'll keep Marvin for a few more years.

We can only hope! :applaudit: :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Another thing, we have a standing bet. IF his team wins I have to wear Bengals gear of his choosing for a day. He has to do likewise. Suffice it to say, I haven't lost yet. I think I am safe for at least another few years.

That's a fun bet. I had buddies that did that and they had to wear the other teams gear to a bar for MNF game following the loss.

I honestly thought they should fire Marvin today after seeing that yesterday, but its tough to switch coaching staff mid season and not sure who from his staff would step up and be an improvement.

I say its at the end of the season, but they are gonna be in search of the perfect 0-16 season it looks like.

HometownGal
09-08-2008, 05:34 PM
When either:

(a) Hell freezes over; or

(b) The Bungles win a Super Bowl

whichever comes first and my money is on hell freezing over. :evil:

rbryan
09-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Never I hope. Not because I like him, I'm ashamed to admit he's from the Burgh. He's a pathetic excuse for a head coach. But as long as he's at the helm, that spaceship is destined to crash.

xfl2001fan
09-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Didn't he get his "defensive genius" stature because he worked for a talent laden defense in Baltimore? Same as with Billick being labled an offensive genius because he had Chris Carter, Robert Smith, Randy Moss, Jake Reed and company?

HometownGal
09-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Didn't he get his "defensive genius" stature because he worked for a talent laden defense in Baltimore? Same as with Billick being labled an offensive genius because he had Chris Carter, Robert Smith, Randy Moss, Jake Reed and company?

Hmmmm -something like Crennel being labled a defensive genius with the talent-laden Pats from 2001-2004? :scratchchin::flap:

xfl2001fan
09-08-2008, 06:23 PM
I promise you this, you'll never see where I labled him that. But you're absolutely right. Of course, he did have the benefit of more tape than the average DC as well.

STEELtownHAVOX
09-08-2008, 06:52 PM
he should pull a bobby petrino on there ass, eff teh bengals. they are a true disaster.

Texasteel
09-08-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't know about Lewis, but I heard they've hired a new parole officer.
:freddy:

CantStop85
09-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Never...he'll probably resign after this season.

xfl2001fan
09-08-2008, 07:58 PM

Not enough arrests on his record to remain with the organization?

tony hipchest
09-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Never...he'll probably resign after this season.i agree. i thought he might resign before then but...

i think he looks better for his next job if he sticks it out. after all "sticks and out" are very important when youre applying at the local corndog stand.

seriously, he probably is ready to leave this bs right now, but would look much better if brown fires him as opposed to quitting midseason.

his only loyalties to the franchise are to carson and a few of the law abiding young defensive players he has drafted.

lilyoder6
09-08-2008, 10:02 PM
they had all the hope in 05... and they resorted back to the smae old bengals and started to suck again

Galax Steeler
09-09-2008, 03:58 AM

Why do yall still pull for this guy you can see he is not your answer.:noidea:

CantStop85
09-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Why do yall still pull for this guy you can see he is not your answer.:noidea:

Because it doesn't matter who's the head coach while Mike Brown is still the owner.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-09-2008, 07:55 AM
This was actually talked about on a CHICAGO sports station last night....They were pretty harsh on Lewis and his deconstruction of the Bengals.

lilyoder6
09-09-2008, 08:10 AM
i doubt he would get a HC pos if he leaves this yr.. he most likely resort back to being a pos coach for another team to get his "winning" ways back

RoethlisBURGHer
09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Because it doesn't matter who's the head coach while Mike Brown is still the owner.

EXACTLY.

I truly feel bad for Marvin Lewis. He's coaching a team with some of the worst ownership in professional sports under Mike Brown. Lewis said no, they would not bring Chris Henry back...but Mike Brown undermines his coach and does it.

I think that was officially when Lewis lost control of the Bengals. It wasn't his fault, it was his owner's fault.

And I really can't blame him for the defense either. In the begining of his tenure the Bengals didn't have crap for defensive players, and the ownership kept focusing on offense. It wasn't until the last three drafts they started focusing on the defensive side of the ball, but by then it was too late.

Marvin Lewis needs to go back to being a defensive coordinator for a little while and get his reputation back, then maybe he can pop us somewhere he can have some success.

And as for the Bengals possibly going after Cowher, I don't think Cowher would touch that with a 10-foot pole. The only jobs I can see him interested in is Carolina and Cleveland.

Galax Steeler
09-10-2008, 04:00 AM
I forgot about him wanting Henry back what a dush bag.