PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young booed off the field in Tennessee

Edman
09-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Throws two ugly interceptions. Buries his head in towel on the sideline. Steelers fans...sound familiar?

Anyway, I think Tennesee got better.

tony hipchest
09-08-2008, 05:42 PM
he was injured and i think will be missing 2-4 weeks.

fansince'76
09-08-2008, 05:44 PM
he was injured and i think will be missing 2-4 weeks.

Ya mean something else happened this past weekend besides "God" being injured?!?!?!? :jawdrop: :rolleyes:

HometownGal
09-08-2008, 06:31 PM
:chuckle:Ya mean something else happened this past weekend besides "God" being injured?!?!?!? :jawdrop: :rolleyes:

How soon you forget.

"The NFL NEEDS Tom Brady". :puke: I wanted to reach through the TV screen and strangle that douchebag.

Steelers fans...sound familiar?

Did he cry too?

steelreserve
09-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Throws two ugly interceptions. Buries his head in towel on the sideline. Steelers fans...sound familiar?

Yeah, I heard Vince Young's house got pelted with garbage by angry fans, and then it turned out it didn't happen and he made the whole thing up. What an eerie coincidence.

Hines0wnz
09-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Ya mean something else happened this past weekend besides "God" being injured?!?!?!? :jawdrop: :rolleyes:

I think it was mentioned only on the "bottom line" scrolling across the screen.

Disgusting.

ShutDown24
09-08-2008, 07:42 PM
This may sound out there, but if VY has another bad season - don't be surprised if he retires.

fansince'76
09-08-2008, 07:45 PM
This may sound out there, but if VY has another bad season - don't be surprised if he retires.

Doesn't sound out there at all - take that whopping signing bonus and get the hell out while you're still actually healthy and go kick back on a beach somewhere the rest of your life. I've often wondered why some of these 1st-round high pick "lottery winners" haven't done just that. Get picked high, get that $30-40 million signing bonus, play out your rookie contract and call it quits. Being set for life at 25-26 years of age was something I could've handled. :thumbsup:

STEELtownHAVOX
09-08-2008, 07:49 PM
i had to tell people at work that VY was hurt, all they had heard about was the bitch

ShutDown24
09-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Doesn't sound out there at all - take that whopping signing bonus and get the hell out while you're still actually healthy and go kick back on a beach somewhere the rest of your life. I've often wondered why some of these 1st-round high pick "lottery winners" haven't done just that. Being set for life at 24-25 years of age was something I could've handled. :thumbsup:

I too have wondered that a lot myself. Either they want even more money, or the passion of the game really does live in a lot of these guys. If you believe the latter, you really do have to respect a lot of NFL players even more.

Young almost retired after his rookie season. That's what gives me more reason to believe he would do it as opposed to a Leinart who has certainly had an even worse NFL career.

SteelerFan091472
09-08-2008, 09:51 PM
:chuckle:

How soon you forget.

"The NFL NEEDS Tom Brady". :puke: I wanted to reach through the TV screen and strangle that douchebag.

Did he cry too?

Sheesh, that's almost as bad as Boomer Esiason saying yesterday during the NFL Today postgame that he couldn't understand why there wasn't a defensive penalty on the play where Brady got hurt.

I understand the media is in love with the Cheatriots, but this is ridiculous.

Tankus_Maximus
09-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Just bein honest here, but I would've p !ssed it all away on women and legal fees (in no particular order). But that being said, yeah, VY should definitely retire.

Doesn't sound out there at all - take that whopping signing bonus and get the hell out while you're still actually healthy and go kick back on a beach somewhere the rest of your life. I've often wondered why some of these 1st-round high pick "lottery winners" haven't done just that. Get picked high, get that $30-40 million signing bonus, play out your rookie contract and call it quits. Being set for life at 25-26 years of age was something I could've handled. :thumbsup:

lilyoder6
09-08-2008, 11:00 PM
kerry collins is a good vet back-up.... they should be alright on off

steelreserve
09-09-2008, 03:09 AM
kerry collins is a good vet back-up.... they should be alright on off

Dude. Kerry Collins is Tommy Maddox waiting to happen all over again. He's a statue, and he's been on so many mediocre teams that he makes bad throwing decisions now too. I'd want him out of there as soon as possible.

Galax Steeler
09-09-2008, 05:10 AM
Dude. Kerry Collins is Tommy Maddox waiting to happen all over again. He's a statue, and he's been on so many mediocre teams that he makes bad throwing decisions now too. I'd want him out of there as soon as possible.

I would have to agree.:toofunny:

X-Terminator
09-09-2008, 08:37 AM

I bet you they regret letting Billy Volek go. He's certainly better than Kerry Collins.

Edman
09-10-2008, 01:46 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtMbJgP_ob56es4gQ1k.3nhDubYF?slug=ap-titans-young&prov=ap&type=lgns

Mama Young speaks up for her headcase son in the media and makes excuses for him. The LAST thing that should happen to a QB who's maturity level, mental stability, and professionalism is already questioned enough as it is.

This won't end well.

lilyoder6
09-10-2008, 01:57 PM
well yeah thats true bout kerry.. but for only 2-4 weeks they should be fine.. it seems like they have a nice rushing atk

fansince'76
09-10-2008, 02:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtMbJgP_ob56es4gQ1k.3nhDubYF?slug=ap-titans-young&prov=ap&type=lgns

Mama Young speaks up for her headcase son in the media and makes excuses for him. The LAST thing that should happen to a QB who's maturity level, mental stability, and professionalism is already questioned enough as it is.

This won't end well.

Agreed - the straw that really broke the camel's back in St. Louis for Kurt Warner is when his mommy, err, wife went on local radio there to "stick up for him."

revefsreleets
09-10-2008, 06:22 PM
This just keeps getting weirder and weirder...

NJarhead
09-10-2008, 06:30 PM
First he should call Kordell so he doesn't feel so alone and then he should call McNair to learn how to play that/his style of football. I'm surprised Jeff Fisher hasn't already asked McNair to come around and talk to his QB.

Steeldude
09-11-2008, 08:56 AM
nothing surprising here.

here is some more news on the nut...

Concerns about the well-being of Tennessee Titans' quarterback Vince Young prompted an overnight meeting at the team's headquarters.

In a statement released Tuesday, the Titans said they received a call from those closest to Young Monday night saying he left his house around 7 p.m. abruptly and without his cell phone in a "state of mind that had them concerned."

http://www.wkrn.com/global/story.asp?s=8976169