PDA

View Full Version : McCain admits being "illiterate"

tony hipchest
09-08-2008, 08:40 PM
ok, maybe it is only computer illiteracy but.....:toofunny:

M9Jbw2-f8IQ

....shouldnt the potential leader of one of the most technologically advanced nations, who will have to correspond with thousands of people, who can fly a fighter jet, and who will have access to "the button" atleast know how to use a computer?

is he just lazy or that unwilling to learn new things?

stillers4me
09-08-2008, 09:08 PM

Maybe we could send him Video Professor to watch while he's doing nothing on the campaign bus. :hunch:

NJarhead
09-08-2008, 09:09 PM
ok, maybe it is only computer illiteracy but.....:toofunny:

M9Jbw2-f8IQ

....shouldnt the potential leader of one of the most technologically advanced nations, who will have to correspond with thousands of people, who can fly a fighter jet, and who will have access to "the button" atleast know how to use a computer?

At least he's not claiming to have invented the internet. :poke:

ShutDown24
09-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Well Barack Obama didn't wash his hands after he went to the bathroom this afternoon :rolleyes:

Seriously, can we quit nit-picking?

tony hipchest
09-08-2008, 09:48 PM
[B]Well Barack Obama didn't wash his hands after he went to the bathroom this afternoon :rolleyes:

Seriously, can we quit nit-picking?NO.

in the meantime i will keep on laughing. my 5 year old knows how to log on and can navigate youtube and search her webkinz (some thing kids are into). she can use paintshop and take her own picures using i-mac photos.

granted im not that computer litterate either, but im also not running for president. i would like my president to atleast be experienced in some of the simpler things. i cant be more difficult than flying a fighter jet, right?

NJarhead
09-08-2008, 09:53 PM
NO.

in the meantime i will keep on laughing. my 5 year old knows how to log on and can navigate youtube and search her webkinz (some thing kids are into). she can use paintshop and take her own picures using i-mac photos.

granted im not that computer litterate either, but im also not running for president. i would like my president to atleast be experienced in some of the simpler things. i cant be more difficult than flying a fighter jet, right?

I honestly don't see the need for him to be even proficient on a PC. He'll have everything read to him while he's eating breakfast or shaving -or- handed to him just after he boards AF one. He'll have no time to surf the net! :chuckle:

ShutDown24
09-08-2008, 10:07 PM
NO.

All right then, I just tend to care about issues that matter when discussing politics. So far the biggest arguments going for Obama on this board are about an expensive dress McCain's mama bought and his lack of computer skills... But, whatever you feel justifies electing the wrong candidate :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
09-08-2008, 10:42 PM
All right then, I just tend to care about issues that matter when discussing politics. So far the biggest arguments going for Obama on this board are about an expensive dress McCain's mama bought and his lack of computer skills... But, whatever you feel justifies electing the wrong candidate :thumbsup:i look forward to seeing your input in this thread-

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27047

TroysBadDawg
09-09-2008, 01:02 AM
[B] i cant be more difficult than flying a fighter jet, right?

So you think you can fly a jet fighter?

A real one not a computer game?

Can you even fly a Cessana 172? I did in fact I did my solo in one. Then owned a Piper Aztec and flew it.

It is not as easy as it looks. Remember a landing is just a controlled crash.

stillers4me
09-09-2008, 05:28 AM
He has staff to do those things for him. :thumbsup:

TroysBadDawg
09-09-2008, 05:43 AM
Oh but he is not among the privileged, ask him or his wife.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-09-2008, 07:10 AM
At least he's not claiming to have invented the internet. :poke:

:applaudit:......PERFECT!!!!!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-09-2008, 07:14 AM
NO.

Soooo.... your arguement is that Obama has more in common with a five year old....Okay, we will give you that.:coffee:

Could you ask your daughter how many states there are?....be interesting to see if she says 52.

X-Terminator
09-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Oh for God's sake, now it's just getting friggin ridiculous.

SO WHAT if he doesn't know how to use a computer? Tell me...what POSSIBLE effect does McCain's computer illiteracy have on this country or his ability to run it?

And people wonder why the tone of these threads have taken a nosedive in the past few weeks? Sheesh! :doh: This game of tit-for-tat is really childish and really, really getting old. I thought you people were more mature than this?

revefsreleets
09-09-2008, 08:27 AM
This was slightly more fun (but no less annoying) the FIRST time the board was bombed by anti-McCain garbage, when Jeremy did it.

That didn't work out very well for him.

HometownGal
09-09-2008, 08:35 AM
This was slightly more fun (but no less annoying) the FIRST time the board was bombed by anti-McCain garbage, when Jeremy did it.

That didn't work out very well for him.

Jeremy wasn't given the hook because of his political preference - he was tossed out on his rump because he chose to flame others because of theirs, after many warnings.

tony hipchest
09-09-2008, 08:38 AM

That didn't work out very well for him.:rofl:

i cant imagine how it worked out for him. ive never been banned. :chuckle:

did anyone even bother to watch the one minute video clip? its a joke.... its FUNNY. some people really need to pull the stick out....

as much as him and i differ politically, im really starting to appreciate cubanstogie's approach to these discussion.

and suit, if you wanna call mccains own words garbage, feel free. i dont make the "news" i just report it.

revefsreleets
09-09-2008, 08:41 AM
But do these really all need their own threads?

What's the difference between what you are doing and what Jeremy did?

tony hipchest
09-09-2008, 10:16 AM
But do these really all need their own threads?

What's the difference between what you are doing and what Jeremy did?if you were a mod, id say "you tell me".

but since youre not i will just say those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

George Will Strikes Again!
Krauth puts "The Hammer" down on Obama
One turns on her own...
Congress' Approval Rating at a Whopping 9%
This is a fine "How do you do!"
Excellent article on Obama and McCain
Drill/No Drill? This Hits the Nail on the Head...
Obama/McCain address tit for tat
By the way...
Funny, I don't remember seeing a breakdown like this after the Democratic Convention
Krauth scores again...

infact why dont we just take all your newspaper articles linked to ohio.com and slap them in a single thread.?

the difference is im not flaming anybody, and being a dick to everybody with every post i make. i dont think i am ALWAYS right, and am willing and flexible enough to concede a point within the confines of fair debate. :noidea:

march on.

revefsreleets
09-09-2008, 10:21 AM
THAT'S funny. You are imploding again right before my eyes...a full half those threads have me analyzing things from both sides, and they start from the standpoint of op/ed pieces from guys from both sides of the aisle.

Apples and oranges, and then you blast me and call me a dick? Really? REALLY?

revefsreleets
09-09-2008, 10:22 AM
if you were a mod, id say "you tell me".

but since youre not i will just say those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

George Will Strikes Again!
Krauth puts "The Hammer" down on Obama
One turns on her own...
Congress' Approval Rating at a Whopping 9%
This is a fine "How do you do!"
Excellent article on Obama and McCain
Drill/No Drill? This Hits the Nail on the Head...
Obama/McCain address tit for tat
By the way...
Funny, I don't remember seeing a breakdown like this after the Democratic Convention
Krauth scores again...

infact why dont we just take all your newspaper articles linked to ohio.com and slap them in a single thread.?

the difference is im not flaming anybody, and being a dick to everybody with every post i make. i dont think i am ALWAYS right, and am willing and flexible enough to concede a point within the confines of fair debate. :noidea:

march on.

Just want to get this quoted...

tony hipchest
09-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Just want to get this quoted...there seems to be some confusion about the post you so gleefully wanted to get quoted (as if i were gonna quickly edit it :laughing: )

just to help you out a bit and refresh your memory.... YOU asked what the difference was between Jeremy and i. i simply responded with this- the difference is im not flaming anybody, and being a dick to everybody with every post i make. i dont think i am ALWAYS right, and am willing and flexible enough to concede a point within the confines of fair debate. guilty conscience perhaps? :noidea:

i was calling jeremy a dick, NOT YOU!

capiche?

revefsreleets
09-10-2008, 08:32 AM
I wasn't sure, that's why I left it hanging...

But I'm not sure about a lot of things you've been doing lately, so...

Hawk Believer
09-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Perhaps McCain can be tutored on the internets by disgraced Senator Ted Stevens...
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=126985&title=headlines-internet

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=126985&title=headlines-internet