PDA

View Full Version : The Raiders...

Edman
09-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Are f***ing terrible.

The score may not indicate (10-0 Broncos) it right now, but there's essentially no difference from last year as far as I see.

Edman
09-08-2008, 10:29 PM
17-0 Broncos now.

fansince'76
09-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Cutler on pace for a 400-yard+ game - will definitely help my FFL team. Like to see a couple more TD tosses, though. :thumbsup:

Edman
09-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Cutler could've had another TD if his TE would've held on to that ball.

The big story here however is that the Raiders are embarrassing themselves on National TV.

fansince'76
09-08-2008, 10:53 PM
The big story here however is that the Raiders are embarrassing themselves on National TV.

At this point, the Raiders will stay stuck in neutral as long as Al Davis is calling the shots. The only one who either can't seem to see it or simply won't admit it is Davis himself.

Edman
09-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Yep, The Raiders suck. 24-0 Broncos. This game is over.

The Raiders will suck until Oakland Al's been shoveled into the ground in a casket.

Steelman16
09-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Maybe some enlightened Oakland fans will help Al along to his final resting place. :chuckle:

My opinion on Russell: Feed him a couple Big Macs and put him on the defensive line.

steelreserve
09-09-2008, 02:06 AM
I met a very friendly and vocal Raiders fan on the train on my way to work today, and I didn't have the heart to tell him this was probably what was going to happen.

Al Davis has a strategy of securing 4 or 5 absolute superstars first at any cost, and then trying to fill in the rest of the team on the cheap as best he can. That just doesn't work anymore -- the team will have too many holes, and most other teams have adapted to the salary cap by becoming as balanced as possible, so they'll exploit the hell out of the Raiders' mismatches. I really don't understand why this keeps happening year after year -- I mean, Davis isn't a complete dumbass, so he should have been able to figure this out by now.

Edman
09-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Davis isn't a dumbass, but he's arrogant and senile.

MACH1
09-09-2008, 09:56 AM
I met a very friendly and vocal Raiders fan on the train on my way to work today, and I didn't have the heart to tell him this was probably what was going to happen.

Al Davis has a strategy of securing 4 or 5 absolute superstars first at any cost, and then trying to fill in the rest of the team on the cheap as best he can. That just doesn't work anymore -- the team will have too many holes, and most other teams have adapted to the salary cap by becoming as balanced as possible, so they'll exploit the hell out of the Raiders' mismatches. I really don't understand why this keeps happening year after year -- I mean, Davis isn't a complete dumbass, so he should have been able to figure this out by now.

Yep, I thinks he's stuck in the 70's.

Godfather
09-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Maybe some enlightened Oakland fans will help Al along to his final resting place. :chuckle:

My opinion on Russell: Feed him a couple Big Macs and put him on the defensive line.

Russell didn't do that badly. He finished with respectable numbers and two of the incompletions in the first half weren't his fault--one should ahve been a penalty and the other was a throw that was a little off but catchable.

fansince'76
09-09-2008, 11:25 AM
No complaints here - Cutler wound up being the difference for me in winning my FF matchup this week. :thumbsup:

lilyoder6
09-09-2008, 12:37 PM
the raiders have a lot of talent on that team.. they just need to become a team and play like one and they can win

silver & black
09-09-2008, 02:51 PM

I agree with you 100%. The sad truth that all of us die hard Raider fans know, is that Al Davis will have to pass on before we can ever return to respectability.

It hurts to say that, because Al Davis is a big part of why I'm a Raiders fan. Nothing I or any other Raider fan can do except voice my opinion and support my team... as hard as it is these days.

silver & black
09-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Yep, I thinks he's stuck in the 70's.

Wherever he is stuck, it sure isn't in the present. As an absolute die hard Raiders fan for 41 years, it literally breaks my heart to see what has become of this once dominant, elite team... it's just terrible.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-09-2008, 05:41 PM
It's funny, the media was saying how the NFL needs Tom Brady.

Truly, the NFL needs the Raiders to be a good team. When they are a good team, it makes the AFC West rivalries just as big as the NFC East rivalries. You also get classic matchups like Steelers-Raiders that actually mean something.