PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Minor signing and release.

Pittsburghfan
09-09-2008, 09:55 PM
The Steelers made a roster move today, releasing wide receiver Micah Rucker from the practice squad and signing wide receiver Martin Nance to the practice squad.

Nance, 6-foot-3 and 213 pounds, was a college teammate of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger at Miami, Ohio.

Nance signed with Buffalo as a free agent-rookie out of Miami in 2006, was released and wound up with the Minnesota Vikings.

He's played one career game in the NFL, with Minnesota in 2006, and has four receptions for 33 yards.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_587337.html

I would have loved to see Rucker stick around to make it. The kid is strong emotionally and i bet he will be up someday. On Nance's part he was Ben's favorite target in college.

jjpro11
09-10-2008, 12:29 AM
i remember the nance lovefest at draft time.

randy06
09-10-2008, 12:41 AM
hmm interested to see what he can do

tony hipchest
09-10-2008, 01:06 AM
hmm interested to see what he can dohe'll be a great target for our secondary to clobber during practice.

Hines86Ward
09-10-2008, 01:12 AM

I was part of that lovefest....:thumbsup:

ricksteelers55
09-10-2008, 01:19 AM
I have to admit that i love the Martin Nance addition,altough i would have love to keep Rucker around,they should have let Justin Vincent go instead of Rucker,we dont need Vincent with Mendenhall and Russell as youngster and Parker not really old...and not to forget Dookie and Haynes that could comeback anytime we need them.

tony hipchest
09-10-2008, 01:30 AM
I have to admit that i love the Martin Nance addition,altough i would have love to keep Rucker around,they should have let Justin Vincent go instead of Rucker,we dont need Vincent with Mendenhall and Russell as youngster and Parker not really old...and not to forget Dookie and Haynes that could comeback anytime we need them.we could bring back duce too. :chuckle:

seriously, why would we want to bring back haynes (or najeh)?

he was one of my favorites (so was the unemployed kendrell bell, who has less of a chance of making a squad as keryon fox) but its pretty clear that his career in the nfl is done.

ricksteelers55
09-10-2008, 02:04 AM
we could bring back duce too. :chuckle:

seriously, why would we want to bring back haynes (or najeh)?

he was one of my favorites (so was the unemployed kendrell bell, who has less of a chance of making a squad as keryon fox) but its pretty clear that his career in the nfl is done.

i dont want to bring em back i was just saying it was useless to carry a RB on the PS ,id rather have 2 WR than another RB cause we already have 2 young back on our active roster and 2 that could come in if we have injuries so no need to carry another back on the PS that was just my point.But maybe they didnt like Micah Rucker that much after all ...who knows

btw i was a kendrell bell fan too ;) but i never liked John Kuhn

and what's happening to Ryan Mundy ? Where is he now ?

Galax Steeler
09-10-2008, 04:26 AM
Wow I thought Rucker would stay around for a while who knows what Tomlin and company has up there sleeves.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-10-2008, 09:11 AM

I know. It was almost as annoying as the Owen Schmidtt lovefest this past draft season, and the Steve Slaton one, the Brandon Browner one, the Vincent Jackson one, the Maurice Stovall one, the Chad Jackson one.....etc.

tony hipchest
09-10-2008, 09:44 AM
I know. It was almost as annoying as the Owen Schmidtt lovefest this past draft season, and the Steve Slaton one, the Brandon Browner one, the Vincent Jackson one, the Maurice Stovall one, the Chad Jackson one.....etc.i loved fellow lobo hank baskett.

hey rick, im pretty sure mundy is still injured and unemployed. im wondering where willie reid is. i was certain he would quickly latch on to a team like seattle or dallas.

i think rucker was cut, cause even if he did climb up from the practice squad, he probably dont serve much purpose on ST's

lilyoder6
09-10-2008, 10:50 AM
this is crazy.. we need to re-sign mundy to the ps.. he should/will take carter's place

Hines86Ward
09-10-2008, 10:56 AM
im wondering where willie reid is. i was certain he would quickly latch on to a team like seattle or dallas.

I think that Wilie Reid is with the Eagles now...

SteelMember
09-10-2008, 10:58 AM
i loved fellow lobo hank baskett.

hey rick, im pretty sure mundy is still injured and unemployed. im wondering where willie reid is. i was certain he would quickly latch on to a team like seattle or dallas.

i think rucker was cut, cause even if he did climb up from the practice squad, he probably dont serve much purpose on ST's

Pretty sure Reid is on the eagles PS.

My feeling of the PS is to keep the positions most vulnerable to injury or the most thin on the active roster, so keeping an extra RB I have no problem with. To have 2 WR, or 2 of any other position for that matter, is 2 many. imo. There are, however, exceptions to the rule.

Steely McSmash
09-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Mundy was Injured / waived I think.

My understanding is that this means that if he passes waivers from other teams, then he's on our IR list and can attend meetings and use the Steeler's facility but cannot practice with the team. Same deal with Humpal I believe.

43Hitman
09-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Wasn't Nance one of Ben's receiver's in college? Hmmm..

Dino 6 Rings
09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Does this have anything to do with people finally realizing that Nate Does Not Get Open Enough and that he drops A Ton Of Passes?

NJarhead
09-10-2008, 05:59 PM
he'll be a great target for our secondary to clobber during practice.

:rofl:

You're so f'ed up.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-10-2008, 10:32 PM
i loved fellow lobo hank baskett.

Yeah, I actually liked Baskett too and also think Mario Manningham will be productive. Derek Hagans from Ariz St. was another guy hyped that dropped a lot of passes.

Nance is just on the Ben gravy train. Maybe he pans out, but so far he hasnt worked out to anything more than Malcom Johnson.

lilyoder6
09-10-2008, 10:36 PM
if anyone watched hard knocks on hbo this yr.. if i was going to sign a wr i would sign todd lowber.. yes he isn't rdy to play football but is getting there.. but he is ATHLETIC.. and we could do a project on him to get him to the playing field.. and keon lattimore would be a good pick-up for a rb ps player.. and how would ray ray feel for his lil bro playing for his rival lol.. what a talk at the dinner table

jjpro11
09-11-2008, 12:27 AM
if anyone watched hard knocks on hbo this yr.. if i was going to sign a wr i would sign todd lowber.. yes he isn't rdy to play football but is getting there.. but he is ATHLETIC.. and we could do a project on him to get him to the playing field.. and keon lattimore would be a good pick-up for a rb ps player.. and how would ray ray feel for his lil bro playing for his rival lol.. what a talk at the dinner table

ray would probably take his butter knife and gut his brother out if he ran over lewis in a game.