PDA

View Full Version : Crotcho Stinko: Dumbass Extraordinaire!

revefsreleets
09-10-2008, 05:33 PM
This gold toofed fool not only can't ball anymore, he's also got to buy all his old jerseys if he wants to sport his "new name".

As his skills further erode, expect too see more and more of the grandstanding and attention whoring. It's all he's got left.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/It-ll-cost-mucho-dinero-for-Chad-Ochocinco-to-sw?urn=nfl,106605

Don't expect to see Chad Johnson Ocho Cinco wearing his new name on a jersey anytime soon. CNBC's Darren Rovell reports on his blog that the former Mr. Johnson would be forced to buy out the stock of the 100,000 remaining "C. Johnson" jerseys (http://www.cnbc.com/id/26610696) before making the switch to "Ocho Cinco". If Reebok asked Ocho Cinco to pay for the cost of making the unsold jerseys, the total could reach upwards of $4 million (or $50 million pesos).
Because Johnson changed his name so close to the start of the season, Reebok was left in a bind since they'd have to produce new jerseys and eat the old ones. That's why the NFL has told Johnson he'd have to reimburse the company for the price of the jerseys. That's not unprecedented, rookie linebacker Keith Rivers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8786/) did it last week when he changed his uniform number. Of course, Rivers didn't have thousands of jerseys with his name on it on sales racks nationwide.
This whole charade, of course, is pretty ridiculous. It's tough to defend Johnson, as he's so narcissistic that he makes T.O. look like Mother Teresa. And the NFL is so blatant in their attempts to block Johnson from donning his new name on the back of his Bengals jersey that it almost seems beneath them. Sure, it's inane and self-serving and could set a bad precedent, but shouldn't the league be focusing on more important issues, like stopping players from celebrating touchdowns?

RoethlisBURGHer
09-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I wonder if he could sue to be able to wear the new name on his game jersey, but have to wait for "Ocho Cinco" jerseys to go on sale until these current stock of C. Johnson jerseys runs low.

Steelman16
09-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Yahoo! fantasty football switched his name back to C. Johnson. :laughing:

steelreserve
09-11-2008, 02:10 AM
For as big as Johnson's ego is, I have to say the NFL is being even more retarded in this case. This isn't about money; it's about Goodell being petty and acting like a 12-year-old who didn't get his way.

Seriously, sometimes the NFL gets so out of hand with The Rules and its Positive Image that it comes off as more stuffy and joyless than golf. There's no need to go crazy with enforcement here; the guy's changing his name, not driving drunk or getting into fights at strip clubs (even though he is on the Bengals). ANd it's not like Reebok is going to lose $4 million; they get those jerseys for 50 cents apiece at the sweat shop.

Galax Steeler
09-11-2008, 03:57 AM
I hope he has to pay them the money it couldnt happen to a better guy.

HometownGal
09-11-2008, 05:26 AM
Why doesn't he just change his name to gold toofed asshat?

stillers4me
09-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Why doesn't he just change his name to gold toofed asshat?

I don't think that will fit on the back of a jersey. :wink02:

revefsreleets
09-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Actually, most of the cost of the jerseys is for licensing fee's...the NFL always takes its pound of flesh...

Tankus_Maximus
09-11-2008, 09:41 AM
BWAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA!!

Where ya at '85?!?!

Pinche pendejo estupido! Que se comen mi mierda!!!!

Chinga los Bungles!!!

Se chupa pito de clydesdale!!!!

steelreserve
09-11-2008, 12:06 PM
The New England Patriots: Still perfect in Nicaragua

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02142008/news/worldnews/pats_nicaragua/photo06.jpg

steelreserve
09-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Off topic, but I think I've figured out why Nicaragua has such a tough time with poverty. The place is completely overrun with kids! There are like 70 kids in that picture and one adult watching them. It's no wonder they've got problems.