PDA

View Full Version : Pigs, Hogs, & Swine Outraged!

tony hipchest
09-10-2008, 09:01 PM
...as the mccain camp compares them to sarah palin.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/10/politics/animal/main4433795.shtml?source=mostpop_story

Tonight Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., said of McCain painting himself as a change agent, "You know, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig." ... "You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called 'change,'" Obama continued, "it's still gonna stink after eight years. We've had enough of the same old thing! It's time to bring about real change to Washington. And that's the choice you've got in this election."

The McCain campaign called Obama's comments "disgraceful" and demanded an apology. The campaign added that Obama, in addition to calling Palin a pig, might have also been calling John McCain a fish, which, of course, would also require an apology.:toofunny:

The media seems to find all of this fascinating, as if use of an old American expression, utilized by all kinds of political candidates from both parties for generations, might be some kind of sexist insult :confused:-- not when McCain used it to slam Hillary Clinton, but only when Obama used it to criticize the Republican campaign in general. more brilliant strategy from the mccain camp. :rolleyes: i guess its just too late in the game to fire these guys now that the ball is rollin'.

augustashark
09-11-2008, 01:20 AM
...as the mccain camp compares them to sarah palin.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/10/politics/animal/main4433795.shtml?source=mostpop_story

more brilliant strategy from the mccain camp. :rolleyes: i guess its just too late in the game to fire these guys now that the ball is rollin'.

What are the polls saying right now? I have'nt seen them for a few weeks.:noidea:

tony hipchest
09-11-2008, 02:21 AM
What are the polls saying right now? ...that farm animals and heffalumps are pissed (boarderline livid).

:pig:

stlrtruck
09-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Obviously both camps have their panties in a bunch and want to run rabid with every little freakin' minor detail that comes out of the other camp.

Really, when will the 4 of them start talking about policies and things that actually mean something. I could care less if Palin is called a pig and McCain a fish or Obama a muslim or dumbo or whatever. Those tactics won't matter to me when I go to vote - what will matter is their views on issues that are of concern to me!!!

revefsreleets
09-11-2008, 09:38 AM
When I heard Obama say "His Muslim faith" I though that was a slip-up. When I heard Obama talk about pigs in lipstick and fish, I thought "Hmmmmm...he probably shouldn't have said that because that hits too close to home" whether he did it intentionally or not.

Dino 6 Rings
09-11-2008, 09:57 AM
The Outrage is over the fact that the Obama Crowd took the comment as a direct hit on Palin. Whether or not Obama meant it that way, that's how it was understood by his crowd. Watch the Video, the entire video, watch as he pauses before the punch line and as the Crowd shouts with glee.

Then tell me it was appropriate.

Hawk Believer
09-11-2008, 10:17 AM
When McCain used the line talking about Hillary's helath care plan, it elicited laughter from the crowd as well. Same reaction when Dick Cheney used the phrase as well. Its a funny idiom that evoked an absurd image. People tend to react to it. If Obama needs to apologize for it, then McCain does too...

Interesting to see the conservatives trying to wrestle the the mantle of whining victimhood from the left.

Dino 6 Rings
09-11-2008, 12:40 PM
When McCain used the line talking about Hillary's helath care plan, it elicited laughter from the crowd as well. Same reaction when Dick Cheney used the phrase as well. Its a funny idiom that evoked an absurd image. People tend to react to it. If Obama needs to apologize for it, then McCain does too...

Interesting to see the conservatives trying to wrestle the the mantle of whining victimhood from the left.

Or

It could be said that its very interesting to see how often Obama puts his foot in his mouth and reveals his true mean spirited beliefs whenever the teleprompter is turned off.

revefsreleets
09-11-2008, 02:59 PM
I don't believe Hillary made a joke referencing lipstick just a week prior to McCain's remark, though.

"In context" doesn't help Obama this time, it hurts him.

stlrtruck
09-11-2008, 03:01 PM
You know what kills me most of all about them bitchin' and moanin' about being called names - the fact that their either a jackass or an elephant!!!

Not exactly the two cutest mascots in the world now is it.

NJarhead
09-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Tonight Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., said of McCain painting himself as a change agent, "You know, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig." ... "You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called 'change,'" Obama continued, "it's still gonna stink after eight years.

Isn't that what the Dems did with Hillary?

We've had enough of the same old thing! It's time to bring about real change to Washington. And that's the choice you've got in this election."

Not ALL change is good, and I don't want what he's selling.

GBMelBlount
09-11-2008, 03:13 PM
I don't believe Hillary made a joke referencing lipstick just a week prior to McCain's remark, though.

"In context" doesn't help Obama this time, it hurts him.

Completely agree here. What will hurt Obama the most though imo is the issues and his inexperience, that is if they ever become a focus in this election....I'm beginning to wonder......

MACH1
09-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Obama knows all about pork.

tony hipchest
09-11-2008, 03:51 PM
muslims hate pork.

MACH1
09-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Pork barrel spending.:flap:

tony hipchest
09-11-2008, 06:06 PM
muslims hate pork barrel spending too. they also hate women who wield double barrel shotguns, and people who ride in a barrel over niagra falls (damn boarder jumpers and war dodgers). :wink:

:chuckle:

NJarhead
09-11-2008, 06:10 PM
muslims hate pork barrel spending. they also hate women who wield double barrel shotguns, and people who ride in a barrel over niagra falls (damn boarder jumpers and war dodgers). :wink:

:chuckle:

They apparently hate attractive women too-

Dems:
http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files/2007-november/hillary_clinton.jpg

US:
http://livingalaska.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/sarah_palin2.jpg

It's not too late to join us Buddy. :drink: :wink02: