PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Pollard Fan Club

NJarhead
09-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Okay kids, who wants one?

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/wingman419/bernard-pollard-tee_red.jpg

fansince'76
09-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Not me - because of that guy, they already have a built-in excuse for when we kick the shit out of them in November. Besides, I wanted to see Woodley smash the Golden Boy's ass into the turf repeatedly and now I'm going to be deprived of that too.

NJarhead
09-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Not me - because of that guy, they already have a built-in excuse for when we kick the shit out of them in November. Besides, I wanted to see Woodley smash the Golden Boy's ass into the turf repeatedly and now I'm going to be deprived of that too.

But only THIS year. Hey, I'll take Patriot misery where ever I can get it. Now it's 16 and 1/2 weeks of it. Whoo - Hoo! ::drink:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm buying two......Hey I say let them make excuses....Let the Pats cry all they want it still doesn't change the fact that Brady is done for the year...lol He has plenty of time to have more kids out of wedlock now....lol

Edman
09-10-2008, 11:30 PM

Edman
09-10-2008, 11:34 PM
No thanks. It's not the greatest most tasteful shirt in the world, but at this point, I don't give a flying s*it about the Puketriots* and Brady's feelings. Nobody shed tears for the Steelers when Ben almost got killed. In fact, they laughed. People were selling Ben Roethlisberger motorcycle helmets and making a profit. Patriot fans are already setting up their excuses when we snap our losing streak against them.

http://soxanddawgs.com/?p=7342

F*ck them. F*ck Bubbachick, f*ck Brady, f*ck HGHarrison, f*ck Kraft, f*ck the city of Boston, f*ck the Patriots, and f*ck the hypocritical mass-hole who wrote that Blog.

Steelman16
09-10-2008, 11:54 PM
I really could care less who put Brady out of his misery for the time being. It's finished, and I can now look forward to even remotely thinking about a Super Bowl now that Golden Boy is out. :coffee:

The Duke
09-11-2008, 12:40 AM
WAIT!!

tom brady's hurt?

I had no idea :coffee:

revefsreleets
09-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Now THAT is funny!

X-Terminator
09-11-2008, 08:26 AM
If you are interested in buying one, here's the link: http://www.believemerch.com/product/bernard-pollard-fan-club-red-tee

Buy early and often! :thumbsup::rofl:

CantStop85
09-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Classy.

X-Terminator
09-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Classy.

We're supposed to show class to someone who has none? It's different than when Carson got hurt - I actually felt sorry for the kid because despite the fact that he's overhyped and plays for the joke of a franchise that is the Bungholes, he's actually a likable guy. Marsha, on the other hand, isn't, and never has been.

Tankus_Maximus
09-11-2008, 09:44 AM
I'll take 2 of 'em!!

CantStop85
09-11-2008, 09:47 AM
We're supposed to show class to someone who has none? It's different than when Carson got hurt - I actually felt sorry for the kid because despite the fact that he's overhyped and plays for the joke of a franchise that is the Bungholes, he's actually a likable guy. Marsha, on the other hand, isn't, and never has been.

Just because someone on another team has a lack of class is no reason for someone else to lower their standards. I just find it ironic that you always hear all of the "that organization is classless" about the Bengals and Patriots, etc. and then something like this happens and you see all of the celebrations about a player getting injured.

I want to see the Patriots lose, but I don't want to see someone get injured for it to happen.

Edman
09-11-2008, 11:31 AM
I want to see the Patriots lose, but I don't want to see someone get injured for it to happen.

Well, it happened and someone got hurt. The Patriots* and their fans will have to suck it up and deal with it. Injuries are a part of the game. It's not like Pollard went after Brady intentionally.

People tell Steeler fans that the near-fatal motorcycle accident is not an excuse for Ben's down year in 2006, well, the Brady injury is not an excuse should the Patriots fail this year. But I'm sure there will be a mountain of excuses anyway. The hell with them.

fansince'76
09-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Just because someone on another team has a lack of class is no reason for someone else to lower their standards. I just find it ironic that you always hear all of the "that organization is classless" about the Bengals and Patriots, etc. and then something like this happens and you see all of the celebrations about a player getting injured.

What's even more ironic is someone who has gone to great lengths around here in the past to apologize for the thug culture of the Bengals self-righteously preaching to another fanbase about "lowering standards." So who's the hypocrite here again?

Dino 6 Rings
09-11-2008, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't buy this shirt. I don't support the chiefs or their players. If Pollard played in my secondary, I'd consider giving him a chance, but he doesn't. So as far as I'm concerned he is just another soldier of the enemies that want to take the field of battle against my team. He needs to be destroyed as much as any other player on the other 31 teams.

I'd like to see Ward block him and knock him on his arse as much as I'd enjoy watching Ward block any toolbag in a different colored uniform.

CantStop85
09-11-2008, 12:07 PM
What's even more ironic is someone who has gone to great lengths around here in the past to apologize for the thug culture of the Bengals self-righteously preaching to another fanbase about "lowering standards." So who's the hypocrite here again?

The difference is I have no control over the actions of the Bengals organization or its players. I'm just a fan; all I can do is support the players that the organization puts on the field. I can't call up Mike Brown and tell him to cut Chris Henry or send Chad Ocho Cinco a letter and tell him to quiet down his antics. Believe me, if I could make it so that the Bengals were a group of perfect, well-mannered, law-abiding citizens, I would...but I can't.

But you do have a choice whether or not to make fun of a player's injury or to hope for an injury to a player. I just find it funny that people who pride themselves so much on supporting a classy organization would lower themselves enough to find enjoyment in someone else's personal misfortunes.

fansince'76
09-11-2008, 12:25 PM
The difference is I have no control over the actions of the Bengals organization or its players. I'm just a fan; all I can do is support the players that the organization puts on the field. I can't call up Mike Brown and tell him to cut Chris Henry or send Chad Ocho Cinco a letter and tell him to quiet down his antics. Believe me, if I could make it so that the Bengals were a group of perfect, well-mannered, law-abiding citizens, I would...but I can't.

But you do have a choice whether or not to make fun of a player's injury or to hope for an injury to a player. I just find it funny that people who pride themselves so much on supporting a classy organization would lower themselves enough to find enjoyment in someone else's personal misfortunes.

Actually, you also have a choice between defending the actions of your FO and/or trivializing them or criticizing them when it comes to continuously giving players with multiple legal troubles a pass and never learning its lesson and continuing to draft the same kinds of players year in and year out.

Picking up players with character issues is usually either a hit (Odell Thurman) or miss (Chris Henry) situation. High-risk, high-reward.

'they are sabotaging the organization by picking bad players like Thurman and Henry,and now these two..give me a break' said the source....

Yeah, because Odell Thurman was an absolute cancer to the team last season.

First of all, there were only 2 players with any criminal concerns, not 3.

Second of all, teams don't draft players with intentions of cutting them, no, but they're not naive enough to think that all of them are going to make the roster. A 5th round pick and a 7th round pick aren't exactly drafted to be the cornerstones of your franchise. That's why when you draft someone with character concerns in that range it's a calculated risk. If they work out, they make you a better team. If they don't, then you admit that you lost the gamble and you're out a 5th, 6th, 7th round pick that may not have even made the team anyway.

There's a difference when you're drafting players with these kinds of concerns in the 2nd and 3rd rounds like the Bengals did in 2005 with Odell and Henry. Those are guys who you expect to become the future foundation of your team. When you take a chance on a couple of guys in the last 3 rounds of the draft, you're more-or-less trying to find a diamond in the rough.

The fact is teams do this all the time. The Bengals have just become the national scapegoat for it namely because of two idiots Odell Thurman and Chris Henry who are no longer with the team.

And another thing, please stop making like an entire fanbase is rejoicing over this. It isn't. There's a larger chunk of us that, simply because we opted out of the seemingly media-mandated "three days of mourning for Tom Terrific," doesn't mean we're "celebrating" the fact that it happened either. Like I've said in another thread, I didn't root for it to happen. However, I'm not the least bit sympathetic either. That doesn't mean I'm dancing a jig over it.

NJarhead
09-11-2008, 12:49 PM

Relax. The dude isn't dead. The world moves on. It's a joke and nothing more.
Here: :chillpill

revefsreleets
09-11-2008, 01:56 PM
The ULTIMATE irony? A Bungholes fan attempting to take the high road...

Lighten up, Francis...it's a joke.

CantStop85
09-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Lighten up, Francis...it's a joke.

Yeah, a distasteful one. Remember how you felt when people were making jokes after Ben's motorcycle accident? Injuries aren't funny in any context.

And no I wasn't implying that all Steelers fans were doing this.

NJarhead
09-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Yeah, a distasteful one. Remember how you felt when people were making jokes after Ben's motorcycle accident? Injuries aren't funny in any context.

And no I wasn't implying that all Steelers fans were doing this.

Ben was nearly killed for cryin out loud!!!! No, he's right. Lighten up. If you don't like it, then don't read it.

revefsreleets
09-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Apples and oranges. And Ben was also widely criticized here and elsewhere (and by myself as well) for being retarded for riding without a helmet.

Brady represents the douchiest group of fans in the world, and this injury represents a blow to them, so, yeah, people are gonna have some fun with it. If his leg was hacked off or something, things would be a little different, but that's not what happened. It was a football injury from a clean hit, and dems da breaks, baby...don't want to be injured like that? Take up tennis instead...

And, again, in context, you cheer for the worst franchise in sports, the most classless group of asshats in the NFL...it takes a big set of balls to come firing off criticism whilst trying to defend the likes of CJ and Chris Henry, et al.

Dino 6 Rings
09-11-2008, 04:08 PM
I don't remember any sympathy from anyone when the guy leading the league in rushing yards broke his leg on artificial turf last season.

fansince'76
09-11-2008, 04:19 PM
I don't remember any sympathy from anyone when the guy leading the league in rushing yards broke his leg on artificial turf last season.

The NFL doesn't "need" him. :rolleyes: :coffee:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Heard about this jewel on the morning sport show.

Steeler in Carolina
09-11-2008, 08:24 PM
I hate the Pats, but this is classless in my opinion.

Edman
09-11-2008, 08:39 PM
But the NFL needs Tom Brady though!:blah:

The NFL had lost much more prestigious, hardcore football players than Asschin throughout their 80+ year history and did fine.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-11-2008, 10:25 PM
I hate the Pats, but this is classless in my opinion.

I agree.

Anybody that has ever strapped on a helmet knows that this is classless. Even Jack Tatum would think its wrong.

Tankus_Maximus
09-11-2008, 11:19 PM
That's because, as your avatar so eloquently states it...You're a douchebag! :hatsoff:

Besides, who named you the high & mighty commander of the morality-squad?!?!

Like somebody else said, if you don't like it, don't read it.

stillers4me
09-12-2008, 05:47 AM
A young man breaking his neck and being paralyzed or having to learn to walk again is tragic.

What happened to Asschin is not. He'll be fine and the NFL will again be complete when the savior once again takes the field in glory. Hallelujah.

stlrtruck
09-12-2008, 08:10 AM
I agree.

Anybody that has ever strapped on a helmet knows that this is classless. Even Jack Tatum would think its wrong.

Jack Tatum would have severed the leg in several places, jumped up and down over top of him, smiled at him wth his evil grin, and then walked back to the huddle in hopes of doing it to his replacement!!!!

Tatum would have cared less about the T-shirt to come afterwards.

revefsreleets
09-12-2008, 08:44 AM
How very PC...

It's a t-shirt. Mountains out of molehills...

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-12-2008, 09:51 AM
How very PC...

It's a t-shirt. Mountains out of molehills...

I'm sorry, but if you have ever stood on the field and watched while they haul off your fellow teammate because of a knee injury, or better yet.....watched them immobilize a kid for fear of a neck injury, you would know there is nothing funny about it.

Dont need the karma coming back on us.

Funny t-shirts can be found at www.tshirthell.com . Personally I like the Bro's before hoe's one :chuckle:

revefsreleets
09-12-2008, 10:06 AM
And I have watched my friends carried off the field many times. As I clearly stated, if you can't take a knee injury, take up tennis. It comes with the territory. This was NOT a life threatening injury, this is NOT permanently damaging him, and this IS karma biting HIM in the ass.

It's a silly little t-shirt, directed MUCH more at the fans than that player, and no fans deserve this kind of good-natured innocent ribbing more...

This is, I might add, the blast furnace...best just to stay out if the heat is too intense...

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-12-2008, 11:13 AM
I dont know. If Ben tears up and ACL in 2005 and somebody in New England starts up a "Luis Castillo fan club", I think 99.9% of the fans on this board would have an issue.

I prefer the Kimo response to when he rolled up Palmer. Genuine regret for the injury, but as you say its part of the game.

I've broken a leg and broken somebodys ankle playing football and didnt take much satasfaction in either case. So I guess its just me not understanding the good-natured ribbing.

Sorry for being so sensitive.

fansince'76
09-12-2008, 11:34 AM
I dont know. If Ben tears up and ACL in 2005 and somebody in New England starts up a "Luis Castillo fan club", I think 99.9% of the fans on this board would have an issue.

Nope - my opinion of that fanbase in general is already lower than dirt, so I would consider the source and move on. There were plenty of fans of other teams (including their fanbase) cracking crass jokes when Ben nearly DIED in his motorcycle accident. Not a doctor, but somehow I don't think torn knee ligaments are exactly life-threatening. Of course, you couldn't tell that by the sports media who practically equated "The Injury" to a presidential assassination.

NJarhead
09-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Nope - my opinion of that fanbase in general is already lower than dirt, so I would consider the source and move on. There were plenty of fans of other teams (including their fanbase) cracking crass jokes when Ben nearly DIED in his motorcycle accident. Not a doctor, but somehow I don't think torn knee ligaments are exactly life-threatening.

Nope. Just confirmed it on WebMD. :wink02:

SteelMember
09-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Nope. Just confirmed it on WebMD. :wink02:

What if the hyperextended leg wrapped around his neck and stopped his airflow?:noidea:

Steelman16
09-12-2008, 12:36 PM
What if the hyperextended leg wrapped around his neck and stopped his airflow?:noidea:

Then Goodell would have a heart attack. :chuckle:

revefsreleets
09-12-2008, 01:10 PM
I remember more that a few "fans" from other teams actually wishing death on Ben. THAT crosses a line, but, again, in the Blast Furnace, it's pretty much anything goes, so...

NJarhead
09-12-2008, 02:16 PM

Depends on how long his airflow was restricted and the severity of the restriction itself. It's a gray area. :chuckle: