PDA

View Full Version : Colts get it- cut starting DT

tony hipchest
09-10-2008, 11:02 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ab2394&template=with-video&confirm=true

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indianapolis Colts will waive starting defensive tackle Ed Johnson after he was arrested early Wednesday on a drug possession charge.

Colts president Bill Polian said Johnson was stopped for speeding between midnight and 1 a.m. on Interstate 465 just north of Indianapolis. Police also charged him with marijuana possession.

He later was released on bond from the Hamilton County Jail.

"Ed was well aware that his past history required him to be in complete compliance with club rules," Polian wrote in a statement released by the team. "He was repeatedly told this during the off-season. Along with his teammates, he was reminded as recently as yesterday of Coach Dungy's rules of behavior. Unfortunately, he chose to violate those rules. Given the circumstances surrounding Edís original employment with the Colts, we feel in this case that we have no choice but to take this action."

Johnson was temporarily expelled from Penn State in 2005 for violating the school policy on sexual misconduct and confining another student against the student's will. He was reinstated in 2006, but later suspended for the Outback Bowl for violating team rules.

Once considered a first-day draft prospect, the big defensive tackle went undrafted in 2007 draft.

"We had a talk with him and I thought he was going in the right direction," Dungy said last summer when Johnson was trying to make the team. "He has to understand the environment he's coming into and what we expect from him."

The 6-foot-2, 296-pound Johnson was the biggest surprise in training camp last year. He took advantage of an injury-depleted defensive line to start all 16 games, finishing with 63 tackles, one sack and one forced fumble.

The Colts had even bigger expectations for Johnson this year, but Wednesday's arrest has the Colts reassessing those plans.
we sure are thin at DT. he sure would.......

nope. i cant even do it in jest. :sofunny:

so who is it? the patriots? cowboys? bungles? raiders?

steelwall
09-10-2008, 11:07 PM
The Bungles will "give him a 2nd chance" or in this case probably 10th chance.

Steelman16
09-11-2008, 12:01 AM
At least somebody besides the Steelers has class in this league.

Galax Steeler
09-11-2008, 04:33 AM
I guess the bungholes will be ready to sign him he would fit right in with henry and company.

stillers4me
09-11-2008, 06:29 AM
I guess the bungholes will be ready to sign him he would fit right in with henry and company.

And he only has an hour and a half drive to his tryout.

revefsreleets
09-11-2008, 09:55 AM
It's funny because there really ARE only 4 teams that he could end up on.

I'm SO glad my team isn't ever, and never will be, one of them...

RoethlisBURGHer
09-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Looks like he'll be wearing stripes.....no not prison stripes, these stripes are worse! He'll be wearing Cinci Bengal stripes!