PDA

View Full Version : What the NFL NEEDS

stlrtruck
09-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Ok so after hearing so much this past Sunday about how the NFL NEEDS Tom Brady, I've decided (most likely out of boredom at work) to create a thread about what the NFL TRULY NEEDS:

1) Chris Collinsworth to be sent to Russia to announce gymnastics
2) Madden sent to London to announce cricket
3) A commissioner with a real set of balls
4) Players that aren't afraid to play the game
5) Less whining
6) More hitting
7) No more penalties for celebrations (it's a game, have fun)
8) Belichick to serve a suspension equal to the number of games he had videotaped (x2 for all playoff games)
9) Rooney's allowed to keep interest in the Steelers and their race tracks
10) Commentators that understand the game and can announce the game that's being televised without knob slobbing brady, favre, or patriots* unless their on the field.

Please feel free to add on:

STEELtownHAVOX
09-11-2008, 11:00 AM
i really agree with your Number 10.

Edman
09-11-2008, 11:13 AM
BSPN to disappear off the face of the planet.

klick81
09-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Allowing for quarterbacks to be treated as grown men playing football, and not girls wearing short skirts.

steelreserve
09-11-2008, 11:56 AM
10) Commentators that understand the game and can announce the game that's being televised without knob slobbing brady, favre, or patriots* unless their on the field.

You forgot Peyton Manning, duh.

Also, they need to get rid of any special penalties that can happen when you tackle the quarterback. He's a football player just like everybody else; I don't care if he's "more valuable" because his contract is twice as big.

Oh yeah -- that crap where they have a touchdown, then a set of commercials, then JUST the kickoff, then another set of commercials? That has to go, or else all the rules designed to "speed up the game" for TV have to go.

RunWillieRun
09-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Oh yeah -- that crap where they have a touchdown, then a set of commercials, then JUST the kickoff, then another set of commercials? That has to go, or else all the rules designed to "speed up the game" for TV have to go.

THANK YOU!!!! Nothing pisses me off more than the commercial - kickoff - commercial bull crap! Seriously? WTF is up with that? It's not like it takes 3 minutes for the different units to come out onto the feild.

The Duke
09-11-2008, 03:13 PM
dude, you forgot the most important one....

The NFL needs John Kuhn :chuckle:

Blonde Bomber
09-11-2008, 05:59 PM
how about the NFL needs....just one game anyway...2 commentators named Lambert and Taylor on MNF, and they can cuss...lololo

kmsteelerwr15
09-11-2008, 06:19 PM
The NFL needs more cowbell than they need brady

Steeler in Carolina
09-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Speaking of announcers, the best is Tim Ryan. He also get bad Fox games, but he is one of the best in calling games.

SteelersMongol
09-11-2008, 08:28 PM
dude, you forgot the most important one....

The NFL needs John Kuhn :chuckle:

OK, I must've missed something. What is it with this John Kuhn that u guys just happy 2 pick on? :popcorn: I've been meaning to ask this for a long time.

MACH1
09-11-2008, 10:30 PM
11. Dan "Captain Obvious" Dierdorf goes with Collinsworth to repeat everything he says.

fansince'76
09-11-2008, 10:42 PM
OK, I must've missed something. What is it with this John Kuhn that u guys just happy 2 pick on? :popcorn: I've been meaning to ask this for a long time.

I think the "legend of the Mighty John Kuhn" kinda took off with these threads:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=11963

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=13089

Obviously, he wasn't the "answer" as a "power back" or in short yardage situations for us. Been kind of a running joke here ever since. :chuckle:

Steelman16
09-12-2008, 12:35 AM
What the NFL needs....are more Bernard Pollards! :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
09-12-2008, 03:58 AM
Allowing for quarterbacks to be treated as grown men playing football, and not girls wearing short skirts.

I agree with you let them play.

Steeldude
09-12-2008, 08:30 AM
what the NFL needs is a rookie salary cap. there is no reason to pay these rookies an exorbitant amount of money before the play a single down.

i believe a 3 year/$3,000,000 is good enough. if they don't like it then they can go play in the CFL or europe.

vasteeler
09-12-2008, 10:26 AM
The NFL needs more cowbell than they need brady

gotta have more cowbell!

The_WARDen
09-12-2008, 01:00 PM
sideline reporters that present no information at all..

female reporter: "Coach, what do you have to do in today's game to beat the other team?"
coach (who has nothing better to do right before kickoff): "We have to score more points than them."
female reporter: "There you have it. The key to the game. Back to you guys in the booth."

Blonde Bomber
09-12-2008, 01:53 PM
sideline reporters that present no information at all..

female reporter: "Coach, what do you have to do in today's game to beat the other team?"
coach (who has nothing better to do right before kickoff): "We have to score more points than them."
female reporter: "There you have it. The key to the game. Back to you guys in the booth."

I could not agree more with you on this. It may be one of the most annoying things ever.

I also agree with the Dierdork comment, take his lithshp and sthschip off.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-12-2008, 02:42 PM
The NFL needs to contract the New England Patriots orginization.

Dynasty
09-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Obviously, he wasn't the "answer" as a "power back" or in short yardage situations for us. Been kind of a running joke here ever since. :chuckle:

What are you talking about!? Don't you remember that glorious 16-yard carry he had! Think of all the good Kuhn-related time's we've all had before you decry him as "not the answer! Why, FS, why!?

:sofunny:

stlrtruck
09-12-2008, 03:26 PM
What are you talking about!? Don't you remember that glorious 16-yard carry he had! Think of all the good Kuhn-related time's we've all had before you decry him as "not the answer! Why, FS, why!?

:sofunny:

John Kuhn will return to the Steelers and he will shame all rushing records in one year!!!! :sofunny:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-12-2008, 03:29 PM
:tt02::tt02::tt02:All Games of TV each weak.... Every week. And on regular tv.....:tt02::tt02::tt02: