PDA

View Full Version : your own drafttek simulator

Aussie_steeler
09-11-2008, 11:36 PM
The team at www.drafttek.com have designed a draft simulator that allows you to input your team needs.

You can prioritise your draft needs by position and the number of players needed in those spots. Once finished it generates a three round mock based on your priorities.

The player ranking list appears all over the place - but I guess it is early in the season.

I have been having a little playing with it. I am guessing some will like it, others will hate it.

Check it out at http://www.drafttek.com/simulator/frmInput1.aspx

My first draft attempt picked
1. Jonathon Luigs OC
2. Alex Boone OT
3. Panel Egboh DE

MDSteel15
09-12-2008, 11:30 PM
That was cool. I actually took their #1 for us but I didn't like the other 2 picks. I took this:

1. Tyson Jackson
2. Ciron Black
3. Phil Loadholt
4. Tim Jamison
5. Kraig Urbik

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-14-2008, 03:36 AM
Very cool...I got:

1) DE-Tyson Jackson
2) DT-B.J. Raji
3) OT-Jason Smith

(had to do some research on Smith...not bad!!)

Godfather
09-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Haven't done Draftek yet but one player to consider is Tulane center Michael Parenton. He manhandled Glenn Dorsey last year and "Mount" Cody of Alabama this year.

We can probably grab him on day two unless he's a combine star.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-14-2008, 10:27 AM
I would sh$t a chicken if the Steelers drafted Tyson Jackson....However I don't think he will be there when we pick in the first round.....But hopefully Jackson is....

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-15-2008, 04:45 AM
I would sh$t a chicken if the Steelers drafted Tyson Jackson....However I don't think he will be there when we pick in the first round.....But hopefully Jackson is....

As of now Jackson is considered the 4th or 5th best DE in this coming draft...HOWEVER, he may be considered the best 3-4 end.

.... Michael Johnson from Georgia Tech, Greg Hardy from Ole Miss and George Selvie from South Florida
are projected to go in the upper part of the first round...(though Selvie might translate better into an outside linebacker)

Tyson Jackson & Greg Middleton from Indiana should both go in the latter part of the 1st....I wouldnt be hurt at all if we traded up for Jackson....but you are right, his being a prototype 3-4 end could elevate his value.

Aussie_steeler
09-15-2008, 07:05 AM
As of now Jackson is considered the 4th or 5th best DE in this coming draft...HOWEVER, he may be considered the best 3-4 end.

LLT - I saw LSU's first game ( yes we are getting some college games broadcast live down here) and I was blown away with how loaded they are on the D line.

Tyson Jackson looked very good to me but also with Woods, Favorite and Jean- Francois- they were great against the run. I caught a Stanford game and Egboh ( who has similar measurables to Jackson) looked like a boy compared to Jackson.

I also caught the OSU / USC game and Moala didnt seem to have the same presence as Jackson (granted he played DT)

With the little film that I have seen I would say Tyson Jackson would have to be close to the best 3-4 end prospect so far.

Texasteel
09-15-2008, 04:31 PM
LLT - I saw LSU's first game ( yes we are getting some college games broadcast live down here) and I was blown away with how loaded they are on the D line.

Tyson Jackson looked very good to me but also with Woods, Favorite and Jean- Francois- they were great against the run. I caught a Stanford game and Egboh ( who has similar measurables to Jackson) looked like a boy compared to Jackson.

I also caught the OSU / USC game and Moala didnt seem to have the same presence as Jackson (granted he played DT)

With the little film that I have seen I would say Tyson Jackson would have to be close to the best 3-4 end prospect so far.

I haven't see a LSU game yet this year, but I know what your saying. Jackson, Woods, or Favorite could all play DE for us. I think both of us had Jackson targeted from the beginning, and he still would be my top choice of any of the DE. Now that he may end up around were we should be picking I am getting a little excited.
Now if Boone or one of the top 2 centers will just fall to us in the 2nd.

MDSteel15
09-17-2008, 11:07 PM
After watching the USC/OSU game, I don't want any player off their lines..... Sorry Boone!

MasterOfPuppets
09-18-2008, 02:28 PM
i can't seem to figure out how it works.....:huh:

Texasteel
09-19-2008, 05:53 PM
After watching the USC/OSU game, I don't want any player off their lines..... Sorry Boone!

Didn't get to watch that game MD, but it sounded bad. I would still watch Boone a few more games, I think he will be a very solid OT, probably LOT in the pros. He's not my favorite OT, but probably my favorite that I think will be available to us.

Texasteel
09-21-2008, 06:37 AM
Watched the last half of the LSU game last night.
Tyson Jackson had another pretty good game, I can see this kid in Black and Gold next year.
Jackson was clearly out player last night by Jean-Francois, if we still need a DE next year this is a name I am going to bring up often.
Chris Hawkins (CB) looked incredible, if he comes out this year could be one to look at.
Ciron Black maybe able to start today for more that half the NFL teams, if he is available when we pick, and we don't take him, I'm going to tag this draft a failure before we get to the 2nd round.
Is it just me, or does LSU have the best WR unit in the nation?

Steelers Since '75
11-30-2008, 09:04 AM
1st - Alex Mack - OC - California
2nd - Auston English - DE - Oklahoma
3rd - Augustus Parrish - OT - Kent St