PDA

View Full Version : Panthers wanna be like the Steelers

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-12-2008, 08:51 PM
http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=728

CHARLOTTE – During a rare interview with local reporters back in January, Carolina Panthers owner/founder Jerry Richardson handed out a new blueprint for his team’s success.

Or, perhaps, an old one that he felt needed to be revisited.

“We want to be a physical team and we want to be able to run the ball and stop the run,” Richardson said over lunch at Noble’s Restaurant in South Park. “And if you’re able to do those two things you are likely going to be able to have opportunities to exploit the passing game, particularly with Steve Smith. And we always want to be very good on special teams.”

He went on to say the Panthers want to “emulate the Pittsburgh Steelers.”

revefsreleets
09-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Will this reignite the old "Cowher to Carolina" topic?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-13-2008, 03:02 AM

Ahh funny you should say that on the NFL channel last night they said the words Cowher, coaching and 2010 all in the same sentence.

He can go anywhere but the AFC North

Galax Steeler
09-13-2008, 05:29 AM
I bet there is alot of teams that would like to be like the steelers.

stillers4me
09-13-2008, 07:37 AM
Don't they all? :hunch:

steelreserve
09-14-2008, 05:16 AM
Ahh funny you should say that on the NFL channel last night they said the words Cowher, coaching and 2010 all in the same sentence.

He can go anywhere but the AFC North

Hand him a less talented team with a dumbass front office, and he'll go 6-10 like most other people who end up in those situations.

stlrtruck
09-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Don't they all? :hunch:

YEP!!!

Hines0wnz
09-21-2008, 09:11 PM

It's a pretty legitimate topic considering all the moves Cowher has made in the last couple of years. Besides, who wouldnt want to be like the Steelers? :tt02:

stillers4me
09-21-2008, 09:18 PM
It's a pretty legitimate topic considering all the moves Cowher has made in the last couple of years. Besides, who wouldnt want to be like the Steelers? :tt02:

Tonight......no one.

Elvis
09-22-2008, 04:40 PM
I like the thought of the Panthers being like the Steelers in the Pre-Tomlin era alot, but I hope they dont take the same route the Steelers did when they release their head coach.
:doh:

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-23-2008, 04:52 PM
http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=728

CHARLOTTE – During a rare interview with local reporters back in January, Carolina Panthers owner/founder Jerry Richardson handed out a new blueprint for his team’s success.

Or, perhaps, an old one that he felt needed to be revisited.

“We want to be a physical team and we want to be able to run the ball and stop the run,” Richardson said over lunch at Noble’s Restaurant in South Park. “And if you’re able to do those two things you are likely going to be able to have opportunities to exploit the passing game, particularly with Steve Smith. And we always want to be very good on special teams.”

He went on to say the Panthers want to “emulate the Pittsburgh Steelers.”

But doesn't everybody?:drink: