PDA

View Full Version : Notebook: Big Ben prepared for Browns game

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Notebook: Big Ben prepared for Browns game
By John Harris
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, September 13, 2008

• Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger practiced Friday and pronounced himself ready for Sunday night's game against the Cleveland Browns. Roethlisberger, who is listed as probable on the injury report, hurt his shoulder following a Mario Williams' sack against Houston in the opener. Roethlisberger practiced on a limited basis Thursday. During yesterday's practice, Roethlisbeger threw the ball sharply and with no apparent difficulty. Rothlisberger, a native of Findlay, Ohio, has never lost in Cleveland.

• The Steelers are healthy with the exception of cornerback Deshea Townsend (heel contusion), who is listed as doubtful. New tight end addition Sean McHugh could possibly see his first action with the team. McHugh didn't practice last week and didn't play against the Texans because of an ankle injury and his unfamiliarity with the playbook.

• For Cleveland, safety Sean Jones (knee) and tight end Martin Rucker (knee) are out, receiver Donte' Stallworth (quadricep) and Ryan Tucker (hip) are doubtful, WR Joshua Cribbs (ankle), G Rex Hadnot (knee) and S Brodney Pool (concussion) are questionable. LB Kris Griffin (elbow) and LB Kamerion Wimbley (groin) are probable.

Digits

6 -- Number of touchdown passes quarterback Ben Roethlisberger totaled in two wins over Cleveland last season.

4 -- Number of 100-yard games running back Willie Parker has produced against Cleveland since 2005.

0 -- Number of 100-yard games Cleveland running back Jamal Lewis had against the Steelers last season.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_587980.html

Black@Gold Forever32
09-13-2008, 12:19 PM
I need to post this article at other Steelers sites....Some fans are just freaking out over Ben's sore shoulder...lol Its NFL football of course he is going to be a bit sore after taking some hits...lol Can't wrap the man in a plastic bubble....Ben is a warrior and I had no worries that he would be ready to go....

kmsteelerwr15
09-13-2008, 12:46 PM
I need to post this article at other Steelers sites....Some fans are just freaking out over Ben's sore shoulder...lol Its NFL football of course he is going to be a bit sore after taking some hits...lol Can't wrap the man in a plastic bubble....Ben is a warrior and I had no worries that he would be ready to go....

Couldnt say it any better myself :hatsoff:

xfl2001fan
09-13-2008, 12:56 PM
His sore shoulder is NOT affecting how the Browns (or it's more intelligent fans) approach this game. I'm under the assumption that we'll be getting his best.

MACH1
09-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Ben's gonna be fine. Just hoping the o-line can protect him and run block as well as they did in the last game.

The Duke
09-13-2008, 01:39 PM
ben had a sore shoulder?? I heard nothng about it all week :rolleyes:

the browns should worry about ben. he'll carve up that pathetic secondary all day

stillers4me
09-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Ben takes a licking and keeps on ticking.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Steelers/Ben.gif

jjpro11
09-13-2008, 02:01 PM
interesting.. they might be without both of their starting safeties.. you paying attention santonio?

Edman
09-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Go deep early and often.

Steelman16
09-13-2008, 04:32 PM
Go deep early and often.

Then Willie can unleash his arsenal of spin moves. :tt02:

tony hipchest
09-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Ben takes a licking and keeps on ticking.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Steelers/Ben.gif:applaudit:

:drink:

although im beginning to think it is wise the steelers lean on their running game. especially if ben is on pace to take 32 sacks even if he continues to throws less than 20 attempts a game.

danreeve
09-13-2008, 10:55 PM
I hope Ben stays healthy this year because I haven't been impress at all wilth Leftwich at all. I think we're really going to miss Charlie Batch if anything were to happen to Ben( knock on wood) he really came though that one season in 2006? correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think Dennis Dixon can come in like Ben did when Tommy Maddox went down.

Galax Steeler
09-14-2008, 07:37 AM
Hopefully we can protect Ben as good as we did last week and give him time to throw.