PDA

View Full Version : Ravens vs. Texans May Be Postponed???

katk9
09-13-2008, 03:13 PM
An official announcement was expected later Saturday, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said. We will just have to see what happens.

The last line of the Houston Chronicle story regarding the damage to Reliant Stadium mentions without discussion that Monday night’s game between the Ravens and Texans will be postponed.

We’re trying to get more information about this. If it’s a true postponement, then our guess is that the league will move the Bengals-Texans game from Week Ten to Week Eight, and schedule the Ravens and Texans to play each other during Week Ten.

This would also move the Bengals’ bye week from Week Eight to Week Ten. The Texans currently are scheduled to have a bye during Week Eight, and the Ravens are scheduled to have their bye in Week Ten.

The other possibility would be to play the game at a neutral site on Monday night. Atlanta has been mentioned as a potential location.

Stay tuned.

SteelCityMan786
09-13-2008, 06:03 PM
The only thing that is certain is it will not be at Reliant Stadium. If they can't get it repaired, I'd like to see them play their games in Austin.

SteelCityMan786
09-13-2008, 06:10 PM
According to NFL.com, this game has been postponed to week 10. The Bungals, Rats, and Texans Schedules are going to changing to accomodate this

Baltimore
Tomorrow:Bye
November 9th:@ Houston

Cincinnati
October 26th: @ Houston(Originally the Bye Week of the Bengals)
November 9th Bye

Houston
September 14th:Bye
October 26th:vs. Cincinnati
November 9th:vs. Baltimore

lilyoder6
09-13-2008, 06:16 PM
that rly sux for the ravens and texans.. having there bye week after just 1 week of play.. it will affect them later on in the season... and the bengles get lucky by getting a later date

SteelCityMan786
09-13-2008, 06:29 PM
that rly sux for the ravens and texans.. having there bye week after just 1 week of play.. it will affect them later on in the season... and the bengles get lucky by getting a later date

won't matter. AT LEAST 2 of 3 of the teams mentioned WILL miss the playoffs.

millwalldavey
09-13-2008, 07:10 PM
I still think thats not right... bye week on such short notice.

SteelCityMan786
09-13-2008, 07:32 PM

Considering how much game planning they've done.

X-Terminator
09-13-2008, 07:42 PM

Not much they can do...parts of the roof at Reliant Stadium were blown off by the hurricane. It's just not safe to play there right now.

stillers4me
09-13-2008, 10:03 PM
So the Ravens have to play 15 games in a row?

Sucks to be them.

:sofunny:

tony hipchest
09-13-2008, 10:14 PM
that rly sux for the ravens and texans.. having there bye week after just 1 week of play.. it will affect them later on in the season... and the bengles get lucky by getting a later datei cant remember for sure, but didnt the steelers have 2 weeks in a row off after 9-11 (week 2 canceled and their by week was week 3)?

EDIT: yep. 1st game played sept. 9. next game played sept. 30.

(we still made the afcc game though)

fansince'76
09-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Considering how many times we've gotten stuck with shitty bye weeks in week 3 or 4 of the season, there's no sympathy, particularly for the Ratbirds, coming from this corner.

lilyoder6
09-13-2008, 10:22 PM
i don't think that after 9-11 football was canceled.. i beileve they played.. but idk

tony hipchest
09-13-2008, 10:31 PM
i don't think that after 9-11 football was canceled.. i beileve they played.. but idki knew for sure the entire week was cancelled. every sport was cancelled the following week, although the WWF still went on to "wrastle' (check my edit- the steelers week 3 was a by) im thinking it was a steelers/saints game that was affected (i remember them having a scrimmage scheduled or canceled during camp).

i will always remember it because the broncos ed mccafery had a joe theismanesque leg break on MNF sept 10. pretty much ended his career.

Preacher
09-13-2008, 11:40 PM
i don't think that after 9-11 football was canceled.. i beileve they played.. but idk

Yep...

tey did.