PDA

View Full Version : Are the stars lining up for a Superbowl against the Cowboys?

Hannity_on_Holmes
09-14-2008, 02:38 AM
The patriots lost their golden boy.:flap:
the colts seem to be in slight disarray, having lost their best o-lineman. Sanders also injured.
The Chargers are riddled with injuries including Merriman and Tomlinson.
The Jags just look awful.:applaudit:

What once seemed like a very difficult season ahead now appears to be a modest challenge for blitzburgh.

As always...the cowboys look like the best team on paper. so naturally everyone backs em' up. but often overlooked is their amazing ability... to collapse

If these injuries are legitamate, this season is looking to be a stellar one from our beloved Soldiers-Oh-Heinz

MACH1
09-14-2008, 02:42 AM
Its only the 2nd game of a long season. Things could look very different by monday.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Way to early to even talk Super Bowl.....There is a ton of football left to played.....

devo_17
09-14-2008, 02:48 AM
There's a long way to go and we have some guys that have been injured in the past aswell. (Polamalu, Parker, Hampton, Clark,)

Galax Steeler
09-14-2008, 07:36 AM
We just need to stay healty and take it one game at a time.

Hapa
09-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Don't forgot we still have to play the NFC East...

steel striker
09-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Way too early to say really anything and, we have to maintain focus on the browns tonight. It is a long season and, we need to take care of business.

Mosca
09-14-2008, 09:19 AM
We have to play the games first; the rest of the NFL does have some influence on events, you know.

HometownGal
09-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Nice thoughts there, Hannity, but it is definitely way too early to even think about the big game, much less anything beyond tonight's game.

That being said, however, I'd love the Steelers to matchup with the Cryboys in the Bowl. HoHoHomo would be too busy trying to find Jessica in the stands so he could peep at her tatas and would be rushed to the turf so many times that Jerry Jones' dentures would be wedged in his nice cushy box seat.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Lets remember we only played one game and we have a very tough schedule. For all of you that are loving the fact that Brady is out. I hope you dont bring karma our way.

However, I would love the Steelers and Dallas to play in the superbowl..... Or the steelers and (insert NFC team)

lilyoder6
09-14-2008, 05:59 PM
way too early.. players who are hurt now could be better later in the season

steelpride12
09-14-2008, 06:47 PM
AHH! Shut up, dont talk about the superbowl yet. That was week one for crying out load. Too much can happen in between im not even gonna try to answer that question(YES).

millwalldavey
09-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Lots left to play... but if i didn;t dream and beleive it to be possble, I wouldn;t be a die-hard fan!

Penn St Steelers
09-14-2008, 06:55 PM
As always...the cowboys look like the best team on paper. so naturally everyone backs em' up. but often overlooked is their amazing ability... to collapse

exactly, if any stars are lining up it's the stars of a Cowboys collapse (as you stated), what can happen this season...hmm let's see, they already have the FG handle mishap thanks to Romo 2 yrs ago, and last season their D' was manhandled by Eli and the G-Men in Big D.....until this team can win a playoff game this century they are not considered a SB threat imho........on paper sure they are the Paper Champs, but paper doesn't equal playing field........

fansince88
09-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. As we've seen tonight injuries can hit us to.

shevdog
09-15-2008, 12:02 AM
I don't know, those Bungles are looking good this year! hehehehe!

stlrtruck
09-15-2008, 10:06 AM
I'll go with the others here and say it's too early. While it's nice to dream, I'd rather look at the scouting report tonight on the eagles so we are prepared for them Sunday afternoon.

BurghZ0n3
09-15-2008, 10:08 AM
...if we can beat d GIANTS, then we might be for real heading to the SB....:tt::tt::tt:

Chris Lipiec
09-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Way to early. The Steelers have not won in Philadelphia since the 60s.

scsteeler
09-15-2008, 10:16 PM
While I do think we are a legitimate Super Bowl contender, I like to take each week as it comes. Now that we have beat the Brownies again!!!!!!!! Now my focus will be on the Eagles which look very good and with Mcnabb healthy the eagles will be tough to beat.

Stlrs4Life
09-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Its only the 2nd game of a long season. Things could look very different by monday.

So true!!

Preacher
09-15-2008, 10:38 PM
So true!!

And on monday...

we find out that Keisel is out for 2 months and our QB was hiding a low order sep. shoulder.

So SO true.

Steelman16
09-16-2008, 12:53 AM
Monday sucks. lol

Is it just me, or do the Cowboys have a very porous secondary? If the O-line can keep Ben on his feet during our matchup later in the season, he should be able to carve them up for multiple touchdowns.

OX1947
09-16-2008, 01:57 AM
I was hoping for a Steelers vs Cowboys Super in Arizona last year as a rematch in the desert from SB XXX. I would love to meet Dallas in tampa and win the 6th and 3rd win over the cowboys....

Blue Bomber
09-16-2008, 11:19 PM
it sure looks like it will be the steelers and cowboys. The Steelers look like the best so far of the weak looking AFC, and with the Cowboys beating the Eagles it looks like they are the best in the NFC but you never know what could happen in the playoffs!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

jjpro11
09-17-2008, 12:07 AM
it would definitely be an epic super bowl... the battle for the sole possession of 6 super bowl rings. im willing to bet it would break the pats-giants ratings record from a year ago.. the record was previously held by steelers-cowboys in super bowl 30, and the nfl has only gotten more popular since.

Preacher
09-17-2008, 12:38 AM
it would definitely be an epic super bowl... the battle for the sole possession of 6 super bowl rings. im willing to bet it would break the pats-giants ratings record from a year ago.. the record was previously held by steelers-cowboys in super bowl 30, and the nfl has only gotten more popular since.

Heck,

It would be our what... 4th meeting? How in the WORLD could it get any better than that?

5-1 vs. 5-3... is that right?

Talk about dominant teams since the merger... it would be GREAT as Tony the tiger says!

jjpro11
09-17-2008, 12:50 AM
Heck,

It would be our what... 4th meeting? How in the WORLD could it get any better than that?

5-1 vs. 5-3... is that right?

Talk about dominant teams since the merger... it would be GREAT as Tony the tiger says!

plus you have big ben vs romo.. two of the best young qbs in the game who both have an incredible knack for making big plays.

MJ5150
09-17-2008, 03:11 AM
My wife sure hopes so. She is a huge Dallas fan. I think this may be my chance to go to a SB with her blessing if we both make it.

-Mike

SteelMember
09-17-2008, 10:07 AM
What? :doh:Come on.

We've just had to endure about 8 months without football, and you want to get to the ending already?

It's way to early to even care about those cryboys and their Yoko Romo mascot.

Steeldude
09-17-2008, 11:11 AM
the titans look better now that they have a QB behind the center instead of a WR.

lilyoder6
09-17-2008, 11:15 AM
maybe the titans off has a better passing game w/ collins in there but they do lose the fact that V.Y. was able to run when he had to and def needed to account for that..

Steeldude
09-19-2008, 01:05 PM
maybe the titans off has a better passing game w/ collins in there but they do lose the fact that V.Y. was able to run when he had to and def needed to account for that..

yes, but young can't pass.

lilyoder6
09-19-2008, 04:16 PM
i think young can pass but not as good as collins right now.. he likes to scat around and throw a short route to the te/rb