PDA

View Full Version : linebacker, foote?

jtdapit
11-27-2005, 08:00 PM
I am just curious but why does larry foote get no recognition? He had to step up for Bell last year, did very well 69 tack, 3 int, and a few sacks, this year he is one tackle from leading the steelers in tackles. i guess the thing that upsets me is he does an excellent job, yet there are no jerseys, photos, or memorabilia in any sideline store.

figg
11-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Because he sucks. The Steelers would be a far better team with Harrison playing in Footes place. He's a solid back up imo.

TasmanianTroy271
11-27-2005, 09:21 PM
I don't think he sucks, I just think he needs another good ILB (Farrior) in there with him. He's not a leader, and he's a solid player, but he shouldn't be the number 1 ILB. Number 2 is a good slot for him, I think...

jtdapit
11-27-2005, 09:43 PM
he is the second string inside linebacker. farrior is first, if he sucks why is he in the top 20 linebackers in the nfl right now?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-27-2005, 10:49 PM
Foote and Farrior play 2 different positions that are NOT interchangeable..they are completely different w/ different assignments. Asking foote to do what farrior does and then judging them for a less than stellar performance is not fair. If the roles were reversed and foote was out, farrior would have a very difficult time playing foote's position.

They compliment each other perfectly and am I perfectly content w/ both of them and the jobs they are doing.

Harrison is being bread for an outside LB position anyways.

BB2W
11-28-2005, 12:57 AM
You won't see much Foote bashing here, but I have seen a lot at other boards. I think Foote is a solid linebacker... I don't think he is the fastest to ever play the postition, but he is pretty tough against the run. He is not much of a "playmaker", but that could be a product of the system.

figg
11-28-2005, 06:10 PM
he is the second string inside linebacker. farrior is first, if he sucks why is he in the top 20 linebackers in the nfl right now?

He's definitley not a top 20 LB. Maybe he doesnt totally suck. Ok would be as far as I would go with him. In this system he should at least be top 10.

not in order.

1. Farrior
2. Porter
3. Haggans
4. Urlacher
5. Bruschi
6. Bulluck
7. Derrick Brooks
8. Donnie Edwards
9. Dan Morgan
10. Mike Peterson
11. Antonio Pierce
12. Zach Thomas
13. Odell Thurman
14. Jeremiah Trotter
15. Vilma
16. Vrabel
17. Al Wilson
18. London Fletcher
19. Suggs
20. Ray Lewis

figg
11-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Foote and Farrior play 2 different positions that are NOT interchangeable..they are completely different w/ different assignments. Asking foote to do what farrior does and then judging them for a less than stellar performance is not fair. If the roles were reversed and foote was out, farrior would have a very difficult time playing foote's position.

They compliment each other perfectly and am I perfectly content w/ both of them and the jobs they are doing.

Harrison is being bread for an outside LB position anyways.

Foote didnt replace Farrior in the base defense. I think the Steelers should put the 4 best LB's on the field.

clevestinks
11-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Foote does play a role on this team!He is a damn good tackler! Harrison is a better blitzer. But we cannot blitz everybody every play. I think Foote is a very smart LB!

figg
11-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Foote does play a role on this team!He is a damn good tackler! Harrison is a better blitzer. But we cannot blitz everybody every play. I think Foote is a very smart LB!

We agree to disagree on this one :grin:

jtdapit
11-28-2005, 09:46 PM
cleve it seems we agree on most every topic! !5 min till game time bay WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! BLEED BLACK AND GOLD BABY!!! YYYYYYYYEEEAAAHHHHHHH BOOOOOOIIIIIII