PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Insider: Week 2

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-14-2008, 04:03 AM
Steelers Insider: Week 2
By Staff & wire reports
Sunday, September 14, 2008 12:29 AM EDT

WHERE 8:15 p.m. at Cleveland Browns Stadium (73,300: natural grass playing surface)

TV NBC (WPXI-TV, Channel 11) Al Michaels, play-by-play; John Madden, analysis; Andrea Kremer, sideline reporter

RADIO Steelers Radio Network (WDVE-FM, 102.5, WBGG-AM, 970; WBVP-AM, 1230, WMBA-AM, 1460) Bill Hillgrove, play-by-play; Tunch Ilkin, analysis; Craig Wolfley, sideline reporter

SERIES In a series that began in 1950, the Steelers hold a 57-55 edge over the Browns. They’re actually tied in regular-season play, but the Steelers have beaten the Browns twice in the playoffs — 29-9 in a 1999 AFC divisional playoff game at Three Rivers Stadium and 36-33 in a 2002 wild-card game at Heinz Field.

The Steelers have played more games against the Browns than any other team in the NFL.

STORYLINES The Steelers have won 15 of the last 16 meetings and are 8-1 in their last nine trips to Cleveland … The Browns’ defense was terrible last week against Dallas, and the offense wasn’t much better. If QB Derek Anderson doesn’t return to his ‘07 form, the Brady Quinn cries will start.

INJURY REPORT Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger will start despite nursing a sore throwing shoulder that limited him in practice last week. He’s listed as probable. The Steelers are listing CB Deshea Townsend (foot) as doubtful. He definitely won’t start and probably won’t even dress

For the Browns, starting SS Sean Jones (knee) won’t play. It’s highly unlikely that WR Donte Stallworth (quadricep) will play. He’s doubtful. Questionable are WR/KR Joshua Cribbs (ankle), guard Rex Hadnot (knee) and FS Brodney Pool (concussion). Listed as probable are LB Kris Griffin of Rochester (elbow) and LB Kamerion Wimbley (groin).

QUOTABLE

“It’s one of the unique rivalries in this league. I was just saying to somebody the other day it’s special for a lot of reasons, but probably one of the most unique things about it is the close proximity of the two cities and the fact that this is a bus trip. I can’t tell you I’ve been involved with too many bus trips in the NFL.”

— Mike Tomlin on his appreciation of the Turnpike Rivalry

THE LINE Steelers by 6

PREDICTION Steelers 30, Browns 20
http://www.timesonline.com/articles/2008/09/13/sports/steelers/doc48cc8f8ebea52638339980.txt

Galax Steeler
09-14-2008, 06:25 AM
I hope that score is wrong I want to see about 30 to 3 that would be better.

steelpride12
09-14-2008, 06:02 PM
I hope that score is wrong I want to see about 30 to 3 that would be better.

Well we can't be perfect...o were playing the Clowns nevermind :flap:

lilyoder6
09-14-2008, 07:07 PM
i like to see ben throw 5 td's to holmes and miller or anyone except for ward since i am playing him.. lol..