PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Complain About Browns Cheating

jjpro11
09-14-2008, 01:02 PM
not surprising considering where crennel came from.. i still have no doubt the pats pulled that crap and i wouldnt be surprised if crennel has continued some of it in cleveland. the only difference is crennel obviously sucks at doing it.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/14/steelers-privately-complain-about-cheating-in-cleveland/#comment-96833

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08258/912063-66.stm

STEELERS PRIVATELY COMPLAIN ABOUT CHEATING IN CLEVELAND
Posted by Mike Florio on September 14, 2008, 12:45 p.m. EDT

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that members of the Steelers have complained about possible shenanigans in Cleveland.

Writes Bouchette: “Steelers players say privately that whenever they play in Cleveland, they almost always have problems with the communicator in the quarterback’s helmet.”

If anything fishy is going on, the Browns would be wise to cut it out. Now. Charley Casserly of CBS reported earlier in the hour that the NFL has employed former CIA agents to sniff out disruptions in the coach-to-player audio system, the presence of microphones on players, and the use of a system for bypassing the automatic cutoff of the audio system with 15 seconds on the play clock.

It’s a good move by the league, but it’s overdue. With no process in place to detect violations of the rules, violations will happen.

fansince'76
09-14-2008, 01:06 PM
If anything fishy is going on, the Browns would be wise to cut it out. Now.

Why? If this is true and precedence holds, Goodell won't do shit about it but slap them on the wrist with a fine and sweep the whole thing under the rug anyway. However, we're also seeing firsthand how karma has a way of evening things out.

stillers4me
09-14-2008, 01:13 PM
They cheat and we still clean their clocks.

Priceless. :sofunny:

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Not surprising. Crennel is from New England.

Edman
09-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Crennell worked under Beliprick before he went to Sewerland. No surprise if this turned out to be true.

Personally, I don't care. This has been a private matter.

tony hipchest
09-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Why? If this is true and precedence holds, Goodell won't do shit about it but slap them on the wrist with a fine and sweep the whole thing under the rug anyway. However, we're also seeing firsthand how karma has a way of evening things out.yep. speaking of karma....

in other news, goodell has hired a former CDC director to help eradicate the widespread infection of staph from the browns locker room.

stillers4me
09-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Bouchette is always starting shit of some kind.

Since the players were talking only amongst themselves, I don't think they were too worried about. Way to create another contraversy, Eddyboy. Sell dem papers.

SteelCityMan786
09-14-2008, 02:29 PM
They cheat and we still clean their clocks.

Priceless. :sofunny:

When the Steelers win, I'll let that do all the talking.

Crime don't pay boys and girls!

xfl2001fan
09-14-2008, 02:53 PM
The thing is, if the head systems doesn't work for one team, neither team is allowed to use it. So it only gives the Browns a distinct advantage if we were taping signals and such.

That won't do us much good though as you're applying different principles offensively than you've used in the last...decade or two.

Texasteel
09-14-2008, 03:01 PM
They could designate one player to join the Steelers huddle and it still wouldn't do them any good.

HometownGal
09-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Holy shit - the Browns even suck at cheating - we've beat 'em 9 times in a row! :laughing:

Romeo - go eat a porkchop (or two or three or a dozen). :pig:

lilyoder6
09-14-2008, 06:00 PM
i just think he needed something to write about,... and the way the nfl handled spygate shit i'm suprised not more coaches are cheating to win

steelpride12
09-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Wait so the Browns are cheating and our Steelers still destroy them year in and year out...

14dathum
09-14-2008, 11:43 PM
damn and we still beat em

Steelman16
09-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Browns suck! :chuckle:

Preacher
09-15-2008, 12:36 AM
The Browns REALLY must suck at cheating...

as they have the same type of troubles.