PDA

View Full Version : Low Blow...!

BurghZ0n3
09-14-2008, 10:48 PM
I hope Ben is OK,....it's really a low blow by Rogers...!!! :banging::banging::banging:

Dylan
09-14-2008, 11:19 PM
i dont understand how woodley was called for roughing the passer, but rodgers wasnt

Steelman16
09-14-2008, 11:21 PM
i dont understand how woodley was called for roughing the passer, but rodgers wasnt

Yeah, those were two bad calls.

The illegal contact on McFadden was a bunch of bull too.

Carolina Steelers
09-14-2008, 11:23 PM
i agree Rodgers took 2 steps then lower his shoulder into Bens

BurghZ0n3
09-14-2008, 11:26 PM
....after all, we make a statement, again....rain or shine....WE RULE...even at their own backyard!!! :tt::tt::tt: Ben...you're THE MAN indeed!!! :applaudit::noidea::thumbsup: Stay healthy now...

lilyoder6
09-14-2008, 11:27 PM
the refs were making some retarded calls tonight... but we prevailed and on to next week

fansince'76
09-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Good teams overcome the refs to win games. Weak teams lose and whine about them.

Steelman16
09-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Good teams overcome the refs to win games. Weak teams lose and whine about them.

Hard to be a Seahawks fan these days. :chuckle:

fansince88
09-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Today was the worst officiating across the NFL I've seen in awhile.

Michael Keller
09-14-2008, 11:33 PM

This posts says it all.

San Diego put itself in the position where they allowed the refs to impact the out come of their game. The Steelers did not . SOLID VICTORY.

14dathum
09-14-2008, 11:42 PM
refs sux......all damn day......but once again steelers prevail.......i was thinking last week the clownies were looking ahead to the steelers game........they were and we kicked ass

HometownGal
09-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Today was the worst officiating across the NFL I've seen in awhile.

A couple of the calls sucked, but the worst call I've seen in a long time was made in the Chargers/Broncs game today by - of all people - Ed Hochuli. The Chargers were robbed.

We held on to win and that is what really matters.

X-Terminator
09-14-2008, 11:54 PM
A couple of the calls sucked, but the worst call I've seen in a long time was made in the Chargers/Broncs game today by - of all people - Ed Hochuli. The Chargers were robbed.

We held on to win and that is what really matters.

That was one of the worst calls EVER. Steelers fans would riot if that call cost the team a game. It's been a long, LONG time since I'd seen a team blatantly ripped off like that by the refs.

Galax Steeler
09-15-2008, 05:13 AM
It was some of the worst officiating in football I have ever seen I don't know what they was thinking.

SteelMember
09-15-2008, 09:37 AM
It was some of the worst officiating in football I have ever seen I don't know what they was thinking.

Don't sell the refs short just yet. The season is still young.:chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-15-2008, 09:47 AM
i agree Rodgers took 2 steps then lower his shoulder into Bens

Yeah, that is disgraceful to call Woodley on tackling Anderson just as he was throwing the ball and let that late hit on Ben go.

MJ5150
09-15-2008, 09:52 AM

Hehehe...........I typed up the same thing in my post, but decided to have a look through the thread to see if someone else already said it. There are some insightful Steeler fans on this board, so I was quite sure someone else would have made the same observation I did.

I'm sure our boys are watching game film right now, and we'll be ready for Mr. Rogers when the Browns come to Heinz.

-Mike

BurghZ0n3
09-15-2008, 10:00 AM
..being humiliated @ their own "dawg barn" is quite a frustration! They never learn, do they??? :chuckle:

revefsreleets
09-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Our QB is a star, and deserves protection. He was playing hurt, everybody knew it, and Rodgers took a shot to knock him out of the game. What happened? Nothing.

What should have happened? 15 yard roughing the passer and a $7500 fine from the NFL. I'm still hoping for the latter tomorrow...

verks36
09-15-2008, 11:38 AM

ya that was crazy I think it is just because the refs didnt see rogers hit

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-15-2008, 03:55 PM
This shit needs to be fixed by the NFL. Woodley does what everyone else was doing the entire game, and gets a flag. And he didn't "drive him into the ground" as the ref explained. Then, the next drive, Ben releases the ball, and a good 2 SECONDS LATER, Shaun Rogers snowplows him into his shoulder. No call?

My point is, I don't mind if you call that p*ssy penalty. If it's in the rules, it's in the rules. But, you can't be stupid enough to miss a blatent cheapshot.

Oh, and a taunting penalty in a rivalry game? Really?

steelreserve
09-15-2008, 04:08 PM
That was one of the worst calls EVER. Steelers fans would riot if that call cost the team a game. It's been a long, LONG time since I'd seen a team blatantly ripped off like that by the refs.

Yeah, at least since Troy's interception in the playoff game against Indy.

In other news: The roughing call last night was horseshit. I saw the replay and was like, "Wow, he sure did tackle that guy." Seriously, when did a normal tackle suddenly become a dirty play just because it's against the QB? Driving people into the ground is what you do in football; that's how you make sure they're down, not breaking your tackle and running for another 20 yards.

Texasteel
09-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Even though a flag wasn't thrown I believe that the league can still decide to fine Rogers. I'm going to watch for that to happen, if it doesn't then I will be extremely unhappy.

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Even though a flag wasn't thrown I believe that the league can still decide to fine Rogers. I'm going to watch for that to happen, if it doesn't then I will be extremely unhappy.

Wouldn't hold my breath. Ben seems to be fair game due to the fact that he's big and strong and can muscle his way out of a lot of would-be sacks.

Texasteel
09-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Wouldn't hold my breath. Ben seems to be fair game due to the fact that he's big and strong and can muscle his way out of a lot of would-be sacks.

I would agree if the damn thing wasn't so blatant. The fact that Rogers dipped hes shoulder just before he hit Ben tells me he knew exactly what he was doing.
That was not a mistake, it was not an accident, it was a purposeful attempt do hurt another player, just because they couldn't win otherwise. I just hope the league saw that the way I did.

Dino 6 Rings
09-15-2008, 05:21 PM
The Woodley Hit WAS a Penalty. He drove Anderson into the ground and should have gotten a 15 yard penalty. Good Call.

However, Rogers SHOULD have gotten flagged as well. Ben was actually being held on to by another Browns Player, and had clearly released the ball, and was standing looking downfield when Rogers lowered his shoulder into Ben's Chest at full Speed. That should have been a 15 yard penalty. It wasn't, but I'd expect to see a fine out of that hit. It was a roughing the passer.

Someone punch Farrior in the face for me today in the team meeting. I WILL NOT have those crappy, late hit, unneccessary roughness taunting, 15 yard penalties this year, I WILL NOT HAVE IT!

Texasteel
09-15-2008, 05:40 PM
I think that point was probably explained to Farrior sometime today. If not last night.
That was dumb!

xfl2001fan
09-15-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't think it looked like Woodley "drove him" into the ground. It looked more like Woodley tackled Anderson after he threw the ball.

Rogers no-call was just terrible. My brother called and agrees. So does the rest of my family.

Dino 6 Rings
09-15-2008, 05:56 PM
I don't think it looked like Woodley "drove him" into the ground. It looked more like Woodley tackled Anderson after he threw the ball.

Rogers no-call was just terrible. My brother called and agrees. So does the rest of my family.

I knew when the flag was thrown they were calling the "drove into the ground" call. I knew it, and my wife looked at me like "what are you talking about" I could just see that it was that type of call.

The Rogers no-call was bad. We won in spite of it, which was expected, but still, it was a cheap shot. Woodley's wasn't a cheap shot, it was an agressive hit, Rogers took a Cheap Shot. Total Loser Hit.

revefsreleets
09-15-2008, 07:01 PM
He tackled the QB from the shoulders, just like I was taught to do from the time I was 6-7 years old, and just the way I'm sure he was taught to tackle the QB when he was a kid.

Bullshit call. It wasn't helmet to helmet. It wasn't flagrant. It wasn't overly aggressive. It was a tackle. He wrapped him up and tackled him.

Fatasses late hit was flagrant and premeditated. He could have pulled back, but he took the shot and got away with it.

DA is a hack, and Ben is a perennial Pro-Bowler, a Super Bowl winning QB. Eff those POS refs for protecting the dude that will be selling cars in a coupe years and NOT protecting the stud star QB.

(I'm STILL getting more angry about it as time passes, not less!)

RoethlisBURGHer
09-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Okay, so Woodley makes a legal tackle and gets penalized for "driving the QB into the ground." That's how you tackle someone! A tackle takes someone to the effen ground!

Here's an idea NFL, put flags on the QB's and make them play flag football. This way they don't have to be tackled!

And as for Rodger's hit on Ben, he's been a dirty player since he entered the league. Nobody can tell me the ref didn't see that hit. It doesn't matter if Ben can get out of most tackles and avoid sacks, he deserves the same protection as the other team's quarterback.

And as for Farrior's penalty, did anyone here see what he actually did? They didn't show it on tv. All I know is that they flagged him for taunting in the huddle. Farrior doesn't seem like the type of player who would be called for taunting either.

VTsteel
09-15-2008, 07:15 PM
And as for Farrior's penalty, did anyone here see what he actually did? They didn't show it on tv. All I know is that they flagged him for taunting in the huddle. Farrior doesn't seem like the type of player who would be called for taunting either.

He gave the fans in Cleveland the finger

:tt02:

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Can you really get a taunting penalty for flicking off the fans? What has happened to the NFL?

RoethlisBURGHer
09-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Can you really get a taunting penalty for flicking off the fans? What has happened to the NFL?

As far as I am concerned, the fans should be allowed to be taunted by players. They do more than their fair share towards the players.

lilyoder6
09-15-2008, 07:40 PM
thats funny.. i was wondering what he did to get the flag

tony hipchest
09-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Fatasses late hit was flagrant and premeditated. He could have pulled back, but he took the shot and got away with it.

i dont think thats been mentioned in this thread yet. the browns called thier shot before the game when they announced they were gonna go after ben (rogers specifically targeted his throwing shoulder) whether it drew a flag/penalty/fine or not.

im kinda getting sick of the league profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilterifying the rules for all other qb's and turning a blind eye towards ben because he is the most atheletically gifted, prototypical quarterback (this leaves out the mike vick and vince young types) in the league.

scsteeler
09-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Yes I am so glad that the Steeler Nation is upset about Rogers not being flagged at what was an blatant hit on Ben well after the ball was gone and his momentum did not cause this. Had this been Brady or Manning a touch of the hand on the QB after this throw would have been flagged as a penalty.

At least we got the win. Had we lost I would be more angry than I already am.

:helmet:

steel striker
09-16-2008, 07:55 AM
If your going to call Woodley's hit a penalty you have to flag Rogers late/dirty play on Ben. I agree Rogers was really trying to hurt or put Ben out on that play. It seems the offficals protect every other QB not named Big Ben. Remember the bronco game last year where Ben was drivne through the turf?

I'm just saying it seems the officals let teams take more shots at Ben. I know he is a hard guy to tackle but, sooner or later all of this is going to catch up to Big Ben. We can't let that happen

lilyoder6
09-16-2008, 10:39 AM
i think the best call of the night was when they put the flag on b mac for edwards pulling mac's facemask

HometownGal
09-16-2008, 11:01 AM
i dont think thats been mentioned in this thread yet. the browns called thier shot before the game when they announced they were gonna go after ben (rogers specifically targeted his throwing shoulder) whether it drew a flag/penalty/fine or not.

BINGO! :thumbsup: That tub-o-lard put his hit out on Ben pre-game and followed through. Not only should he have received a penalty and the fine he didn't seem to care about, he should have gotten at least a one-game suspension. The NFL needs to take a serious look at players like this who make good on their threats and set out to injure another player.

fansince'76
09-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I would agree if the damn thing wasn't so blatant. The fact that Rogers dipped hes shoulder just before he hit Ben tells me he knew exactly what he was doing.
That was not a mistake, it was not an accident, it was a purposeful attempt do hurt another player, just because they couldn't win otherwise. I just hope the league saw that the way I did.

I thought the helmet-to-helmet hit on Ben in the Atlanta game which resulted in a concussion was blatant as hell as well, but that wasn't flagged either. The refs don't, never have, and probably never will call the cheap shit that happens to Ben. If anybody ever ends his season on a cheap shot, the guy that does it in my mind is then fair game to be taken out at the knees. If they're not going to call it, it's time to go '70s old school and retaliate.

xfl2001fan
09-16-2008, 02:24 PM
BINGO! :thumbsup: That tub-o-lard put his hit out on Ben pre-game and followed through. Not only should he have received a penalty and the fine he didn't seem to care about, he should have gotten at least a one-game suspension. The NFL needs to take a serious look at players like this who make good on their threats and set out to injure another player.

I believe it was Andra Davis, and not Rogers, who put out to the media that he was going to hit Ben hard. I'm not justifying Rogers idiocy or the ref's blindness, as I've stated several times how I feel about this...just pointing out that it wasn't him who made a public outing of this.

steel striker
09-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Well the nfl refs protect every qb except if your first name is Ben andd your last name is roethlisberger. Can't remember the last time we got a roughing call? i even remember the 06 season against the saints where Aaron just grazed below brees's knees and, of course we got a penatly for that. When Ben get hit late or helmet to helmet the ref's just turn their backs. Just hope that Ben can stay upright and healthy.

fansince'76
09-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Well the nfl refs protect every qb except if your first name is Ben andd your last name is roethlisberger. Can't remember the last time we got a roughing call? i even remember the 06 season against the saints where Aaron just grazed below brees's knees and, of course we got a penatly for that. When Ben get hit late or helmet to helmet the ref's just turn their backs.

Agreed. I have no problem with Ben getting hit, or even that much of a problem with him being hit late as it's gonna happen from time to time. What I have a problem with is when Ben gets out-and-out MUGGED with no flag being thrown, and then when the opposing QB is so much as farted on by one of our guys in the SAME GAME, it's a 15-yard penalty on us for either roughing the passer or unsportsmanlike conduct. I'm really getting tired of it. :mad:

Texasteel
09-16-2008, 04:30 PM
I thought the helmet-to-helmet hit on Ben in the Atlanta game which resulted in a concussion was blatant as hell as well, but that wasn't flagged either. The refs don't, never have, and probably never will call the cheap shit that happens to Ben. If anybody ever ends his season on a cheap shot, the guy that does it in my mind is then fair game to be taken out at the knees. If they're not going to call it, it's time to go '70s old school and retaliate.

This is a shame to have to say, but I agree completely. If the league wouldn't protect our QB then our line will have to by what ever means.