PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Browns - Who Gets Your Game Ball?

HometownGal
09-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Wow - this is a tough one for me. I'm going to give my game ball to the entire OL - they played a WOW of game tonight. Close second goes to FWP. :tt:

RunWillieRun
09-14-2008, 10:18 PM
MATT SPAETH!

(for competently feilding a kick-off)

But seriously...I've got to give it to Kemoeatu. He had a solid performance tonight...and dare I say better than any game Faneca played last year.

Steelman16
09-14-2008, 10:20 PM
MATT SPAETH!

(for competently feilding a kick-off)

:chuckle:

My gameball goes to the O-line. They allowed some sacks, but they played as a unit and gave Willie some great holes to run through. They took out Rogers as much as possible. I thought Hartwig did a very adequate job.

Congratz on the win boys! :tt02:

X-Terminator
09-14-2008, 10:20 PM
The OL did a great job tonight, but I have to give it to Parker. He literally did it all tonight - pounded them inside, sprints to the outside, showed great patience and vision. And to think that some people thought he'd never be the same. He looks better than ever!

fansince'76
09-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Willie.

steeltheone
09-14-2008, 10:21 PM
O line ....they look really good

lilyoder6
09-14-2008, 10:22 PM
this was a good game.. the o-line did well again for the 2nd week.. but nice to see the d getting 2 picks... B mac played well tonight as well

kmsteelerwr15
09-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Mine goes to Troy. He was everywhere.

Preacher
09-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Nope.

Troy has to get it.

He stopped a couple 3rd downs.

He got an INT.

He broke up a pass or two.

Yeah, I say Troy.

The Duke
09-14-2008, 10:24 PM
oline

they've been criticized all offseason, but they are actually playing good. especially the big man kemoeatu

X-Terminator
09-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Mine goes to Troy. He was everywhere.

Yeah, another one a LOT of people thought was done. I think he's shown in the first 2 games that he's not even close to being finished.

Carolina Steelers
09-14-2008, 10:25 PM
O-line look good to me but I also like the way McFadden held Edwards in check but I give it to the O-Line!!!!

fansince88
09-14-2008, 10:32 PM
I have to say either Willie or the O-Line sits well with me.

9-5
09-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Your O-line played pretty solid.

CanadianSteel
09-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Bryant McFadden - filing in for a starter and played very well...... his interception was a nice play and lead to out first score of the night...

Jeff Reed for a making a 48 yrder in those conditions..

Edman
09-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Troy Polamalu. That's two games in a row he's made his prescence felt. So much for him being finished. Santonio deserves consideration as well.

The Zebras sucked in this game. That Illegal Contact call on Mcfadden when Winslow mugged him was bullcrap.

moedap
09-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Troy P. The devil is back.

austinfrench76
09-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Keomteau, or however you spell it! He is a MAN!

ricksteelers55
09-15-2008, 12:31 AM
For me it's easy

on the Defense side of the ball, no doubt it was Troy...he played like the best SS in the NFL that he is

on the Offense side of the ball, the OL was awesome specially Chris,but I have to give the ball to Santonio who caught some tough ball even though the weather was awful,even Hines dropped a few so...Holmes really played a great game

other good performances: McFadden was good,Parker was great and Clark played well too

overall not a bad performance but not our best

bring the eagles

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2008, 12:36 AM
No love for the kick coverage?...For real they played great tonight and have done a solid job in the first two games this season...Plus Joshua Cribbs has been known to kill the Steelers..... You can't go wrong with the OL, Troy, Ben, Willie, or even the entire defense.....

But I had to give the kick coverage units some props since they made Cribbs ineffective all game...

MACH1
09-15-2008, 12:41 AM
I'll give it to Ben for playing with that sore shoulder and throwing darts when he had to.

ricksteelers55
09-15-2008, 01:15 AM
It is a good thing when a lot of people have all different players to give the ball of the game to,it means that it was a team win

ajs8207
09-15-2008, 01:26 AM
No love for Miller? The guy was like a third tackle out there, and came up with the huge catch at the end of the game that basically secured the victory.

Galax Steeler
09-15-2008, 04:19 AM
I would have to say special teams and my second pick would be Troy.

xfl2001fan
09-15-2008, 06:06 AM
Crennel

His game mismanagement pretty much handed you a victory.

NV STEELERS 723
09-15-2008, 06:21 AM
Big Ben !

Aussie_steeler
09-15-2008, 06:37 AM
No love for the kick coverage?...For real they played great tonight and have done a solid job in the first two games this season...Plus Joshua Cribbs has been known to kill the Steelers..... You can't go wrong with the OL, Troy, Ben, Willie, or even the entire defense.....

But I had to give the kick coverage units some props since they made Cribbs ineffective all game...

Gotta agree with the props for the kick coverage team - there was a whole lot of punting going on early and there were no yards to be found.Mendenhall got tripped up by Davis on the fumble out of bounds to back the team up on the two. That was the only real blunder by the ST.

Other highlights - The first down catch to Hines on that series to get out of being backed up against the goal line was dynamite. Santonio also had a great game IMO.

stlrtruck
09-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Crennel

Do you want some cheese with that whine???? :toofunny:

Gameball - well I'd like to cut it up in quarters and give it to
O-line
Ben
FWP
Hines

memphissteelergirl
09-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Ben....he played through pain and made the solid plays when needed.

Honorable mention to Troy, FWP, and Jeff Reed for making that 48-yd FG in less than great condition.

SteelMember
09-15-2008, 09:47 AM
I think it was a pretty good showing for the team overall. So I will give it to Tomlin for giving us a chance to win, cough, cough, not like the other idiot. Although I would NEVER say handed...xfl. Your players made it's fair share of mistakes. Cue Edwards lowlights...again.:laughing:

klick81
09-15-2008, 09:58 AM
The o-line has by far surpassed any expectations we had coming into the season.

I know it's early, but we have to give credit where credit is due. Ben had ALL DAY to pass when we were pinned up near our end-zone.

Rotorhead
09-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Ok, so really, I think Big Snack get my game ball, the push he has into the backfield was absolutely crazy. When your NT pushes the center into the QB, he is doing his job better than he is supposed to! I cant remember, but I believe one play where Woodley or Harrison (sorry was distracted during the game) almost sacked Anderson, the ever-annoying Madden was making comments on the blitzing ability of our LBr's, it was blatantly obvious the sack was the product of our NT pushing the center right into Anderson and him having to move out of the way.

memphissteelergirl
09-15-2008, 11:53 AM
My absolutely sexy girlfriend . . . she removed all her clothing and "distracted" me for the 4th quarter ;) she get my gameball! . . . sorry, just have to a huge smile on my face today :)

WAY too much information there, my friend. :rolleyes:

St33lersguy
09-15-2008, 12:03 PM
My absolutely sexy girlfriend . . . she removed all her clothing and "distracted" me for the 4th quarter ;) she get my gameball! . . . sorry, just have to a huge smile on my face today :)

lucky

St33lersguy
09-15-2008, 12:05 PM
The entire defense for part of the game they stopped the Browns cold then made big plays when they needed to.

fat4jc
09-15-2008, 01:10 PM
The entire defense for part of the game they stopped the Browns cold then made big plays when they needed to.

I'd give the game ball to Bryant McFadden. I've always liked this kid though, so I might be a tad biased.

SteelerFanInCA
09-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Willie and the O line

SteelerHoo
09-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Coverage teams - excellent jobs all game.
Game Pat on the back goes to O-Line - great job against a much more determined Browns D - just not determined enough :)

Complete change - D gets the game ball - that is a pretty good O that they held to 6 pts - rain, wind, whatever - that was some excellent D right there.

Game Pat on the Back goes to the coverage unit.

Sorry - O - Line (something tells me they won't give a darn what i think)

FSUBoo
09-15-2008, 02:31 PM
I think that Bryant McFadden should get the game ball this week for shutting down Braylon Edwards. I think he is finally showing why we made him a 2nd round pick and I think he made a big push for a starting position with this performance.

Dino 6 Rings
09-15-2008, 05:02 PM
I give the Game ball to Dick LeBeau. He had the defense in great position all night and other than one drive they Browns really looked pathetic on the offensive side of the ball. Weather could have been a factor, but I like to think Dick was inside Anderson's head and owned the Browns offense from the first snap to the last snap.

Texasteel
09-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Close, but I'll go with Willie. Again I saw tacklers going backward when he hit um.
It looks like he's still mad about last year, and somebody's got to pay.

43Hitman
09-15-2008, 05:46 PM
I'll say Troy. Man what a game he had. He looks to be his old self again. That one play where he timed the snap and jumped over the C and LG was freaking awesome. Even though he didn't get the tackle he sure had an influence on that play.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-15-2008, 05:48 PM
I say my gameball goes to the entire defense. They played an outstanding game.

Penn St Steelers
09-15-2008, 06:01 PM
entire team.....I can't put a finger on any 1 player on both sides of the ball, I mean Holmes had a nice game on O' as did Willie P...the OL was awesome (even more so in the conditions they played in)....and the D' stepped up (once again).....the shining light on D' had to be #43 though.......

VTsteel
09-15-2008, 06:12 PM
The entire O-line gets mine. They rose to the challenge and delivered.

maurdoc
09-15-2008, 06:15 PM
I don't know where to start! Ben and the whole O were terrific! But the defense was spot -on, too...only 2 field goals...and Troy was all over the place! :tt02:

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Troy and Ike did a great job of shutting down Braylon and Kellen Winslow.

scsteeler
09-15-2008, 09:05 PM
I think it is a Team effort so I give it to the entire Team. I also just have to mention that other than a few bonehead plays by players the Special Teams play has been extremely good for the first 2 games and again I say besides bonehead plays by an individual this unit has performed well and not given up the 30+ returns we were use to seeing.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Stlrs4Life
09-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Mine goes to Holmes, he made some key catches in the game.

WVUSteelers
09-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Mine would have to go to the D. 2 picks. One to stall an early drive, another one to save points. 6 Points given up to Winslow, Edwards and company? One heck of a job.

tony hipchest
09-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Crennel

this seals it for me.

give it to hines. he dog kicked dirt into the faces of brownfans and let them know that the steelers OWN them (on their own staph infested piss trap no less).

hines it is. :football:

:tt:

Havik
09-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Hines Ward. Special teams coverage gets props for shutting down Cribbs, who was pretty much the Browns only hope of beating us.

Havik
09-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Crennel

Crennel had a box of Chips Ahoy cookies waiting for him in his office, and I'm sure the big man was hungry. Going into overtime would have delayed his snack.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-17-2008, 09:34 PM
I think that I'll give it to BMac. He did a good job stepping in for Deshea and boke up some key passes(3rd and 7).

NJarhead
09-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Crennel

What are you talking about??? You guys scored six points this time. That's progress!!! :wink02:

Havik
09-17-2008, 10:29 PM
I think that I'll give it to BMac. He did a good job stepping in for Deshea and boke up some key passes(3rd and 7).

I keep telling people B-Mac is better than Deshea Townsend. This game proves it. I think Townsend is done after this season is over.