PDA

View Full Version : Refs brutal on one drive

CanadianSteel
09-14-2008, 10:44 PM
I know Refs make msitakes bit did it not appear that the Refs were trying to get the Browns back in the game with the bogus calls on Mcfaden, and Farriror (didn't even show a replay..)
Also I watch very closely and many of the spots seemed questionable at best.

Steelers are warriors this game to battle the weather, road crowd and the Zebras was fantastic. Not too many times I have been prouder of a victory on the road.

Steelman16
09-14-2008, 10:51 PM
The McFadden call was bogus. It could have easily been called on the receiver. The Farrior call, heck, I mean it's a division rivalry game for cryin' out loud.

We won, even against all the odds. :tt02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-14-2008, 11:01 PM
The one glaring discrepency was Woodley getting called for a late hit on Anderson, then a couple series later, Rogers drops Ben after that 3rd down pass was gone.

Refs gotta call it consistently and not just a late hit on one side.

Browns suck, hope Ben and his shoulder are fine.

Edman
09-14-2008, 11:07 PM
No doubt. The Zebras were horrible tonight. It seemed everytime the Steelers had momentum on offensive drives, there was a hold called or something. Sending the Steelers into Long yardage situations consistently.

Ben and the Offense were moving the ball well in awful weather.

Preacher
09-14-2008, 11:48 PM
http://toughsledding.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/crybaby.gif

People.

They blew two calls. They made some GOOD calls as well that other refs may have missed.

We are NOT the waahawks.

Petesburgh66
09-14-2008, 11:57 PM
The one glaring discrepency was Woodley getting called for a late hit on Anderson, then a couple series later, Rogers drops Ben after that 3rd down pass was gone.

I agree. Fat baby got away with a late hit that didn't get called.

X-Terminator
09-14-2008, 11:59 PM
http://toughsledding.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/crybaby.gif

People.

They blew two calls. They made some GOOD calls as well that other refs may have missed.

We are NOT the waahawks.

Pointing out 2 obvious blown calls does not mean they are whining. The roughing the passer calls on both ends were bad calls, plain and simple. A little consistency is all we ask for.

ricksteelers55
09-15-2008, 12:02 AM
no need to complain we won...so if it was their plan...they will have to try harder next time cause we still won

MACH1
09-15-2008, 12:07 AM
I you think these ref's were bad check out what happened to SD. Ed Hochuli blew it big time.

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 12:20 AM
I you think these ref's were bad check out what happened to SD. Ed Hochuli blew it big time.

So did SD's D. You're not going to win many games giving up almost 40 on the road.

Edman
09-15-2008, 12:21 AM
The Waahawks place their loss in Super Bowl XL squarely on the refs and give no credit to the Steelers for winning. That's whining. We're criticizing the refs in a game the Steelers won.

There's a difference.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2008, 12:24 AM
The Waahawks place their loss in Super Bowl XL squarely on the refs and give no credit to the Steelers for winning. That's whining. We're criticizing the refs in a game the Steelers won.

There's a difference.

Bad calls happen all the time....You can't use them as an excuse...I just wish Ben would get a roughing a passer call one time though....Rogers should have been flagged...He wanted to hurt Ben there and you could tell how he lunged with his helmet into Ben's shoulder....But surprise there wasn't a flag....Just like 2006 when Ben took a helmet to helmet shot against the Falcons which resulted in a concussion for Ben...no flag there either...The NFL protects the QB to much except when it comes to Big Ben...

LVSteelersfan
09-15-2008, 12:36 AM
The call on Woodley was BS as well. He hit him as he was throwing the ball away. And they did keep spotting the ball further than they actually got. But whatever. We won. We are 2-0 and even with the frickin Patsies. Damn Jets. They irritate me to no end that they can't beat that Patsies team.

tony hipchest
09-15-2008, 12:42 AM
So did SD's D. You're not going to win many games giving up almost 40 on the road.what about denver giving up almost 40 points at home?

i havent seen a call that blatantly bad since polamalu had an int robbed in indy in the 05 playoffs.

cutlers fumble made brady's "tuck rule" seem legitimate. ive seen that same play called a fumble dozens of times. never have i seen it ruled as a forward pass. (and ive watched lots of football)

the refs blew it tonight as well vs steelers (cute lil' cartoon pictures of a baby crying aside).

Preacher
09-15-2008, 12:46 AM
Pointing out 2 obvious blown calls does not mean they are whining. The roughing the passer calls on both ends were bad calls, plain and simple. A little consistency is all we ask for.

Its not the 2 blown calls I am speaking of XT, nor is it your posts on the subject. I agree those were blown. It is when it gets extended to other things...

like the spot of the ball a number of times... or that since they didn't show a replay of Farriors penalty during commercial break, it had to be iffy....

Or as one said in another thread... to the effect of, "it looked like the refs were trying to get the Browns back into the game."

That is what I am speaking of.

I guess, if all I have to complain about when it comes to the reffing is 1 inconsistency and 1 blown call, when they have to do it live, I call that a decently reffed game.

MACH1
So did SD's D. You're not going to win many games giving up almost 40 on the road.

D aside Stevie Wonder could of made that call. :smoker:

tony hipchest
Bad calls happen all the time....You can't use them as an excuse...I just wish Ben would get a roughing a passer call one time though....Rogers should have been flagged...He wanted to hurt Ben there and you could tell how he lunged with his helmet into Ben's shoulder....But surprise there wasn't a flag....Just like 2006 when Ben took a helmet to helmet shot against the Falcons which resulted in a concussion for Ben...no flag there either...The NFL protects the QB to much except when it comes to Big Ben...great point.

as long as ben has been in the league, i dont think an opponent has EVER been called for roughing the passer against him.

goodell would love patriots and the broncos to get home field advantage and meet up in the champ game though. despite brokedown bradys absence,

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 01:00 AM
what about denver giving up almost 40 points at home?

i havent seen a call that blatantly bad since polamalu had an int robbed in indy in the 05 playoffs.

cutlers fumble made brady's "tuck rule" seem legitimate. ive seen that same play called a fumble dozens of times. never have i seen it ruled as a forward pass. (and ive watched lots of football)

the refs blew it tonight as well vs steelers (cute lil' cartoon pictures of a baby crying aside).

You're right - SD's D sucking out loud had nothing to do with their team's loss whatsoever.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2008, 01:02 AM
great point.

as long as ben has been in the league, i dont think an opponent has EVER been called for roughing the passer against him.

goodell would love patriots and the broncos to get home field advantage and meet up in the champ game though. despite brokedown bradys absence,

I watched the Pats/Jets game....Surprise the Jets were flagged twice I believe for roughing Cassel which were questionable in my mind....I guess the refs felt they owed the Pats since Marsha was lost for the year....:laughing:

X-Terminator
09-15-2008, 01:07 AM
You're right - SD's D sucking out loud had nothing to do with their team's loss whatsoever.

Yes, but they still got completely ripped off by the refs and would have had the game won despite their D doing their best Bungles imitation. They actually got ripped off twice if you count the "equipment failure" during replay that should have overturned a fumble by Chris Chambers earlier in the game.

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 01:08 AM
D aside Stevie Wonder could of made that call. :smoker:

Maybe if the Chargers would have played up to their (apparently undeserved) rep as an "AFC Elite," they would have had enough of a spread on the board that the call wouldn't have made a difference anyhow. Sorry, not crying any tears for SD, considering how many bad calls the Steelers have been on the wrong end of over the years, including the obvious inconsistencies tonight. Home cooking as far as officiating is concerned happens. Good teams deal with it and overcome it. Weaker teams lose and whine over it.

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Yes, but they still got completely ripped off by the refs and would have had the game won despite their D doing their best Bungles imitation. They actually got ripped off twice if you count the "equipment failure" during replay that should have overturned a fumble by Chris Chambers earlier in the game.

Either of those occur on the successful two-point conversion by Denver (a play that since it's adoption by the NFL in 1994, is historically successful less than 50% of the time)? Didn't think so.

SteelMember
09-15-2008, 07:41 AM
I think Woodley's call was under the interpretation of "driving him to the ground". He pretty much got 100% of his body weight on him. Too bad he didn't get his forearm over his throat. Sorry, don't want to get in trouble for wishing an injury. Just want to hurt him a little.:chuckle:
Now Rogers hit on Ben looked like he was stopping any continuation, BUT it did look like he was late, and I agree, Ben NEVER seems to get those calls. I hope he's not too banged up. He sure looked like he was wincing a lot.

The biggest part of the game I was having trouble understanding was the obvious trash talking and after the whistle pushing followed by guys helping the opposition up off the ground??? WTF! Some of the clowns were sitting on our guys not letting them up, so we start getting some short tempers, then we help them up the play after? I guess our bench was the only side getting warnings to cool it off. WTFE.

X-Terminator
09-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Either of those occur on the successful two-point conversion by Denver (a play that since it's adoption by the NFL in 1994, is historically successful less than 50% of the time)? Didn't think so.

I know they still had a chance to win the game after that call if they would have stopped the 2-point conversion. It was almost the identical play that the Broncos scored the TD on, which makes it even worse. But it still doesn't change the fact that if the ref makes the correct call, they win the game.

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 09:09 AM
I know they still had a chance to win the game after that call if they would have stopped the 2-point conversion. It was almost the identical play that the Broncos scored the TD on, which makes it even worse. But it still doesn't change the fact that if the ref makes the correct call, they win the game.

And if the refs actually make the holding call against JAX in the WC game last season, we win that game. Suck calls and no calls happen. Still not crying any tears for the Chargers.

X-Terminator
09-15-2008, 09:11 AM
And if the refs actually make the holding call against JAX in the WC game last season, we win that game. Suck calls and no calls happen. Still not crying any tears for the Chargers.

Who said I was crying tears over them??? I just call a spade a spade. You, of all people, should know that.

HometownGal
09-15-2008, 09:16 AM

I was absolutely shocked over Hochuli's call on that play which was clearly a fumble. I actually like the Broncs (always have, being the huge Elway fan that I was for all of those years) but I don't like to see them - or any team for that matter, including the Steelers - win a game on a bad ref's call. Sure there are bad calls all around the league and the refs aren't perfect, but that call yesterday was one of the worst blunders I've seen in quite a while which took a W away from the Chargers.

revefsreleets
09-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Spot on about the refs trying to get the Browns back into the game. Taunting? From the huddle? IN the Browns/Steelers game? Are you kidding me?

Woodley hit was pure bullshit through and through. He was already in motion, and it was a clean hit. Rodgers was deliberate, he was in control and easily could have pulled off but didn't.

Newsflash to the refs: DA will be riding pine by week 6, but Ben is one of the elite QB's now. You HAVE to flag Rodgers for that cheap shot...you have too!

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Who said I was crying tears over them??? I just call a spade a spade. You, of all people, should know that.

Fair enough. And the Chargers will get a nice little letter this week from the Commish's office stating the refs screwed up and they were sorry about it, much like the THREE we received during the 2000 season when we wound up finishing 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

MACH1
09-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Maybe if the Chargers would have played up to their (apparently undeserved) rep as an "AFC Elite," they would have had enough of a spread on the board that the call wouldn't have made a difference anyhow. Sorry, not crying any tears for SD, considering how many bad calls the Steelers have been on the wrong end of over the years, including the obvious inconsistencies tonight. Home cooking as far as officiating is concerned happens. Good teams deal with it and overcome it. Weaker teams lose and whine over it.

I couldn't give a ratts a$$ about either of those two teams. I was commenting on how one of the best ref's blew it big time, and he apologized at the end of the game for it.:doh: No wait for a letter from the head office. As far as the Steelers game it was close enough for one blatantly bad call like that to screw us out of a win. Ya there should have been a late hit on Ben as we all know the clowns weren't afraid of getting fined for hitting him late. The ref's could of nipped that in the butt a little letting the browns know they have their eye's on them.

St33lersguy
09-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Not the first time we played on the road fell victim of sh*t calls and still won.

On the Mcfadded call jerkwad Winslow made as much contact and Shaun Rogers late hit was worse than when Woodley "roughed the passer".