PDA

View Full Version : Ward's dawg pound endzone celebration

tony hipchest
09-15-2008, 12:21 PM
you know, where he slid his feet backwards like he was wiping mud off his cleats.

hines is too clever for something that simple though. what he did is what a dominant alpha male dog does with its hind legs after it takes a crap, or marks his territiory.

what ward basically told the brownfans is he came onto their lawn, took a shit :poop:, claimed it as his territory, and didnt care if they liked it or not. all while mimicking a dog.

:toofunny: -BRILLIANT!

best ez celebration ever. too subtle to get a fine (or even to be called offensive.)

MACH1
09-15-2008, 12:51 PM
http://www.bluegrasses.com/images/small-pictures/brilliant-4025.jpg

fordfan485
09-15-2008, 01:03 PM
I was wondering what was up with that celebration, I was confused cause it looked like he was pissed off when doing it.

Lone Wolf
09-15-2008, 01:03 PM
you know, where he slid his feet backwards like he was wiping mud off his cleats.

hines is too clever for something that simple though. what he did is what a dominant alpha male dog does with its hind legs after it takes a crap, or marks his territiory.

what ward basically told the brownfans is he came onto their lawn, took a shit :poop:, claimed it as his territory, and didnt care if they liked it or not. all while mimicking a dog.

best ez celebration ever. too subtle to get a fine (or even to be called offensive.)

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw it too...you gotta love it.

SteelerFanInCA
09-15-2008, 01:11 PM
That was awesome. The fans went ape shit over that one.

BurghZ0n3
09-15-2008, 01:24 PM
...I think Joey (Potter) did the same thing , too...back in 2004 against The Jets in d playoff :thumbsup::tt:

klick81
09-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Yep, great celebration. The brownie fans knew EXACTLY what he was doing!

Edman
09-15-2008, 01:46 PM
I heard that Browns fans were making fun of his mom or something. So of course he's gonna deliver some pain and erupt the ire or the Cleveland Dung Pound.

Personally, I don't care. The Browns don't respect the Steelers or their accomplishments, so why should we respect them? Screw Cleveland. Every year they march onto our message boards and bark, and every year the Steelers send them whimpering with their tails between their legs.

Cleveland sucks. Let the do nothing lazy overrated puppy dogs wallow in their own misery.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-15-2008, 01:47 PM
That was AMAZING!! When I heard what it was I thought...Hines isnt smooth, but he's hilarious.

The T.O. Eagle mockery, followed by the messed up "riverdance" vs. Cinci, now this "marking his territory".

Style points .............6.5
Creativity ............. 9.5
Execution points.....E-LEVEN!!

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Let the do nothing lazy overrated puppy dogs wallow in their own misery.

http://mayihaveacheeseburger.com/please/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/cat-punch-dog.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-15-2008, 02:08 PM
He did it because the Browns fans were chanting some stuff at Willie, Hines, and Santonio. He also said they were giving him the finger.

That's truly one of the best touchdown celebrations ever. It wasn't about himself, or the play he made.

It was about saying FU to the Browns fans and the dawg pound. When your in Cleveland, your in Steeler Country.

tony hipchest
09-15-2008, 02:41 PM
lol. im just now getting around to reading all of mondays articles and didnt realize hines has commented on this.

Ward celebrated the touchdown by scratching like a dog -- right in front of the Dawg Pound, of course.

"Just marking my spot," he said, grinning. "That silenced 'em. That was real nice."
:chuckle:

its funny, i have a tiny little miniature pincher and he goes to the edge of the yard (fenced in of course) and scratches his feet towards the 2 huge pit bulls that live across the street. of course they would kill him.

you can tell ward was sitting on that one for a while. i can imagine ben encouraging him to do it. notice how ben came right back to hines immediately after he dropped the one before?

Steelman16
09-15-2008, 03:00 PM
I saw him do it and laughed hysterically in the pizza joint. I think I interrupted the peace. :chuckle:

Ward is so awesome! :thumbsup:

Yeah Tony, I did notice that. Something was up, cuz even Ben was smiling around that time, and he didn't smile much all game.

Edman
09-15-2008, 03:04 PM
http://mayihaveacheeseburger.com/please/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/cat-punch-dog.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

It should read the dog has failed x10. :chuckle:

SteelMember
09-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Hines never seems to disappoint. He comes up with some pretty funny stuff. Even last week he gave the TD ball to the same guy wearing his jersey, of course. That probably psyched out some other fans thinking he wouldn't give it to him again. Would he? He's got a great sense of humor. One of my all time favorites!

WVUSteelers
09-15-2008, 03:21 PM
At first, I didn't know what he was doing. Then I saw it was at the Dawg Pound end of the stadium, and I couldn't help but laugh. Hines always has great touchdown antics. I think Ocho Cinco needs to take a lesson from Hines.

Penn St Steelers
09-15-2008, 06:15 PM
this is why Hines is clearly the heart and soul of this franchise.....he has fun out there but in the doing isnt really stepping on anyones toes sort of say....he means no harm in it just having a good time....but it was great

I still love his TO Bird dance a few years ago when TO was playing for the Eagles and he scored the TD early in the 1st quarter.......

RoethlisBURGHer
09-15-2008, 06:59 PM
That was awesome. I was laughing so hard at my friend's house.

WWIIOwheelz
09-15-2008, 08:15 PM
HAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!1

I was one of the unlucky ones here in Pittsburgh who lost power for the ENTIRE game last night. Anyone have that to post on Youtube? I'd love to see that.

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2008, 08:18 PM

Kick Dirt at the Dog Pound. BRILLIANT!

stillers4me
09-15-2008, 08:21 PM
HAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!1

I was one of the unlucky ones here in Pittsburgh who lost power for the ENTIRE game last night. Anyone have that to post on Youtube? I'd love to see that.

You can see it on NFL.com game highlights......it went right over the announcers heads.......:sofunny:

WWIIOwheelz
09-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks! I just saw it there :D

HometownGal
09-15-2008, 08:49 PM
That was great! :toofunny::toofunny::thumbsup:

Shouldn't it be called the Hawg Pound? It's obvious those fat turds never met a meal they didn't like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/PGHLADYmlg/DawgPound.jpg

Galax Steeler
09-16-2008, 03:35 AM
Way to go Hines keep up the good work hopefully you can celebrate again this week.

SteelersinCA
09-16-2008, 10:21 AM
That celebration was great. I will be truly sad when Hines Ward's career is over, he is a class act and great receiver, one of my favorite Steelers of all time.

revefsreleets
09-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Not a fan of ANY endzone celebration (I'm from the Barry Sanders school of acting like you live there and not just visiting) but Ward's was pretty good, all things being equal.

NJarhead
09-16-2008, 06:10 PM
I was wondering what was up with that celebration, I was confused cause it looked like he was pissed off when doing it.

He was. On the previous play he dropped a TD pass and the Dawg Pound said something about his Mom. So he caught the very next one and did what post-poop doggies do....wipe their feet! :tt02:

NJarhead
09-16-2008, 06:13 PM
You can see it on NFL.com game highlights......it went right over the announcers heads.......:sofunny:

Apparently they're not dog owners. :chuckle:

fansince'76
09-16-2008, 06:19 PM

BIG surprise there. :chuckle:

Preacher
09-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Not a fan of ANY endzone celebration (I'm from the Barry Sanders school of acting like you live there and not just visiting) but Ward's was pretty good, all things being equal.

What I like is the fact that Hines only does it... it seems, when it is appropriate.

In other words, Terrell Owens makes an ass out of himself in Philly playing us... Hines catches a TD and mocks him.

Hines catches a TD pass here and mocks the Dogpound.

I love it.

lilyoder6
09-16-2008, 08:13 PM
i just think players should have fun in there celebtraions.. i like it and hopefully he can come up w/ one against philly

millwalldavey
09-16-2008, 08:18 PM
He did the dirty bird the last time they blew the Crows doors off!

Stlrs4Life
09-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Was pretty funny of Hines to do that.

revefsreleets
09-16-2008, 08:27 PM
What I like is the fact that Hines only does it... it seems, when it is appropriate.

In other words, Terrell Owens makes an ass out of himself in Philly playing us... Hines catches a TD and mocks him.

Hines catches a TD pass here and mocks the Dogpound.

I love it.

Hines gets a pass because he loves the game (ever see gold toofed dickhead CJ smiling because he made a good block?) and his celebrations are bigger than himself. He's usually mocking some asshat or other (in this case, the entire dog pound, which is even better), and it's NOT about him.

Still, Sanders was total class. I doubt we'll ever see his equal again in or out of the endzone.

jjpro11
09-16-2008, 09:42 PM
i dont think we'll ever forget what he did.. that was an epic act right there. :tt:

Lefturn
09-18-2008, 05:17 PM
I was wondering about his dance and today while walking my dog and she did her business and did her "poopie dance" I laughed my ass off!

jjpro11
09-18-2008, 08:39 PM
does anyone have a picture, video, or gif of it yet?

Preacher
09-18-2008, 11:23 PM
I was wondering about his dance and today while walking my dog and she did her business and did her "poopie dance" I laughed my ass off!

Yep...

Mine marked his spot... turned around and did it... I just laughed.

steelpride12
09-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Ward has passion for the game, and admit it.....wouldn't you get annoyed with a couple thousand fans wearing crazy stupid outfits barking at you non stop. You could tell he was annoying after the kicking up of the grass he mumbled something and his facial expression was very scary haha!

Havik
09-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Props to Hines for his celebration, the Browns and their idiot fans deserve any disrespect they get.