PDA

View Full Version : Like multiple NFL teams

thundersteeler
09-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Does anyone here have more then one NFL team that they root for? One of my friends has a favorite AFC team and favorite NFC team. I told him he is the only person I know that has multiple teams. How can you be a loyal fan if you like more then one team?

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 04:03 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=18718

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Nope I don't have another favorite team....Only one and will always be one.....

MACH1
09-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Who ever beats the cheats are good in my book for the day. :sofunny:

Other than that no.

thundersteeler
09-15-2008, 04:16 PM

Other than that no.

LOL I have to agree with that lol

CanadianSteel
09-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Only cheer for the almighty Steelers and bleed black and gold each and every day.

However there are some teams/organizations that I like & repect more than others in the NFL.

KC and GreenBay come to mind as in my eyes they run similar to Steelers and they seem to have decent knowledgable fans.

The Duke
09-15-2008, 04:29 PM

:sofunny:

that never gets old. where is he anyway? :tap:

I usually root for players on teams, like favre, but rarely for the team itself

thundersteeler
09-15-2008, 04:29 PM
the closest thing I have come to "bandwagon jumping" was back when Dale Earnhardt died. So I started rooting for Dale Jr. But I dont think thats the same thing.

lilyoder6
09-15-2008, 04:32 PM
the steelers are it.. but i do root for other players that i like or is on my ff league

stlrtruck
09-15-2008, 04:32 PM
There are teams that I root for on Sunday based on who they are playing and if it has an impact on the Steelers (even remotely).

Usually I root against any other AFC North team, cowgirls, bucs, and most definitely the patriots*

But as my signature once said. There is ONE team in the NFL and 31 others that want to be the Pittsburgh Steelers!!!!

Bottom line - THERE ARE NO OTHERS!!!

steelreserve
09-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Does anyone here have more then one NFL team that they root for? One of my friends has a favorite AFC team and favorite NFC team. I told him he is the only person I know that has multiple teams. How can you be a loyal fan if you like more then one team?

There's nothing wrong with liking more than one team. You just have to have a main one and not change it at the drop of a hat; that makes you a bandwagon fan.

Like me, I was born in Pittsburgh but moved to the San Francisco area when I was in kindergarten and have been here for almost 30 years. So I grew up watching the Steelers all the time with my dad, and they've always been my favorite team, but the 49ers were also around where I lived, and I liked them too.

Ask me which team I'm more attached to and it's no contest. Hell, I've been to more Steelers games than 49ers games over the past decade, despite living on the opposite side of the country. But anyway, those two teams hardly ever play each other and they don't exactly get in each other's way, so you can follow them both without much trouble.

steelpinstripe72
09-15-2008, 04:56 PM
No. I'll pull for my friend and wear his jersey when he lands somewhere, and root for his team when they're not playing Pittsburghbut it's still Pittsburgh first. People might come down on me for this, but it's as I told him: I know where my roots are, but I also know who my best friend is. He and I already talked about it - he told me I was preaching to the choir, lol. So he gets it. Others won't but that's ok - they don't know what it's been like for us for the last year, what he's done for me. He's the greatest friend I could ever ask for, and I'd totally wear another jersey for him.

Dino 6 Rings
09-15-2008, 05:29 PM

This thread is freaking Hilarious!! Thanks for re-posting it.

By the way. to the question, can you have Two Favorite Professional NFL teams?

The Answer is No.

Unless you're a little girl. Little Girls are allowed to "change" their mind or root for their Daddy's favorite Team AND their Mommy's favorite team.

In my house, our little girls cheer for the Steelers like their Daddy and the Steelers, just like their Mommy.

GutterflowerSteel
09-15-2008, 05:45 PM
NO! I only care about the Steelers - having a secondary team would feel like cheating :helmet: I'll root for the teams that I select in my Pigskin Pick 'Em games, but that's a one day only thing ... and like someone else said, I'll cheer for whoever plays the Cheats.

stillers4me
09-15-2008, 06:01 PM
My favorite team is the Steelers and whoever is playing the Bengals.

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2008, 09:22 PM

Other than that no.

Add in the Eagles to.

millwalldavey
09-15-2008, 09:38 PM
There are other teams in the NFL?

millwalldavey
09-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Add in the Eagles to.

AMEN AMEN AMEN!

Galax Steeler
09-16-2008, 04:53 AM
Steelere and steelere only they are the only team I will pull for.

stlrtruck
09-16-2008, 08:48 AM
I've got to tell this story.

Last Friday my daughter wore her Polamalu jersey to her daycare. Well the teacher had on a bucs jersey. My daughter looked at the jersey and then up at me and back at the jersey like there was something wrong with it - there is, but I haven't taught her that much yet (thankfully she's catching on quicker than I imagined).

Finally, I had to tell her that the teacher was still ok. She reluctantly went to the teacher.

So even my 3 year old knows - there are no other teams but the Steelers.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-17-2008, 12:01 AM
There is only one team for me, and that is the Pittsburgh Steelers. I don't wear jerseys to make a fashion statement, just the statement that this jersey is of the team that I love.

You will never see me in another jersey or hat than a Steelers jersey. If the Steelers were to ever be moved, I would quit watching the NFL.

cubanstogie
09-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Steelers are the only team I like and am loyal to. If the Steelers fail make playoffs, I root for the team I hate less. Never Patsies, Cowboys, Bengals, Browns, Ravens.I try to find a good under dog story if Steelers aren't in the playoff picture. As far as regular season, I root for any team that makes the Steelers better in the standings or for home field advantage.Pats vs Cowboys would be the hardest. I would have to choose the Cowboys though. Lets hope that never happens in a SB. I live in the Bay Area, so I used to root against Raiders and 9ers as well, but now it is a waste of time they are so pathetic.

vasteeler
09-17-2008, 11:51 AM
I've got to tell this story.

Last Friday my daughter wore her Polamalu jersey to her daycare. Well the teacher had on a bucs jersey. My daughter looked at the jersey and then up at me and back at the jersey like there was something wrong with it - there is, but I haven't taught her that much yet (thankfully she's catching on quicker than I imagined).

Finally, I had to tell her that the teacher was still ok. She reluctantly went to the teacher.

So even my 3 year old knows - there are no other teams but the Steelers.

my three year old son told me he had blue and silver in his diaper and that there was doo doo on it. Thaught i was going to cry

rbryan
09-17-2008, 01:00 PM
I guess if you grow up in an area that doesn't have a team close by its a little easier to not have that allegance to one team. I can't relate, but to each his own.

thundersteeler
09-17-2008, 03:31 PM
I only root for the Steelers. I do wish that the Falcons represented the state of Georgia better. But I am not a fan of them

WWIIOwheelz
09-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I lived in Virginia for the first 25 years of my life, and was a die-hard Redskins fan. Moving to Pittsburgh was infinitely more attractive to me because the football team was in the AFC, I have to admit. :) Once I moved here in '95, though, I've lived and breathed Steelers football. I've never even kept tabs on the Skins since then, but I can honestly say that in following both those teams, I've ALWAYS hated the #$^%#in Cowboys.

:chuckle: