PDA

View Full Version : NBC's coverage of game

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-15-2008, 04:33 PM
John Madden....Chris Collinsworth...Keith Olbermann.

Need I say more?

If given the choice of having to

A) listen to the mumbling senseless ramblings of Madden
B) endure the smug know-it-all rant of Collingsworth
C) put up with the pseudo-intellectual fluff of Olberman
or
D) cut my testicles off with a spoon

....I would gladly ask that you pass the silverware.

I may need Preachers input on the basic doctrine on this...but I think, If I do not lead a good life ...there is a chance that I may be locked in a room with these three for all eternity.

....with nothing but a spoon.

Steelman16
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Nope, you don't need to say more. :chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-15-2008, 04:38 PM
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Nope, you don't need to say more. :chuckle:

thank you...pass the spoon.

MACH1
09-15-2008, 04:39 PM
I think that covers it pretty well. :toofunny:

Just remember to take dierdorf with you. :chuckle:

Steelman16
09-15-2008, 04:39 PM
http://charlestonsamplers.com/Rice_SpoonBa.jpg

WVUSteelers
09-15-2008, 04:41 PM
At least Al Michaels is the only sane one in that telecast booth. He was the saving grace last night.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-15-2008, 04:48 PM
http://charlestonsamplers.com/Rice_SpoonBa.jpg

(ouch)

Mosca
09-15-2008, 04:48 PM
When Madden was good, the first few years after he retired from coaching, he was really fantastic.

It's like he can't be bothered to do the homework. Last night he was just flapping his lips to hear his own voice... "He dropped that, see, he wanted to catch it, if he'd have caught it he would be happy" type stuff. I don't think he has the connections any more where he can get the good stuff. He's pretty awful.

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Just remember to take dierdorf with you. :chuckle:

How about cutting Dierdorf's family jewels off with a spoon instead? :chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-15-2008, 05:08 PM
How about cutting Dierdorf's family jewels off with a spoon instead? :chuckle:

....a rusty spoon!!!!!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
09-15-2008, 05:41 PM
i like dierdorf, and collinsworthless doesnt bother me.

madden tries WAY to hard to overemphasize anything negative about the steelers though, seeing things that arent even there. ben was pretty much dropping wet balls (hehe) right into the breadbasket, and throwing darts and madden kept making it like ben was off and something was wrong.

duh, the wind maybe?

dustyblades
09-15-2008, 05:45 PM
The whole "unbalanced line" jibber-jabber was driving me crazy.:blah::blah::blah::blah:

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Madden kept babling on and on about how the ref was wearing contact lenses and he might change to glasses.

slippy
09-15-2008, 07:12 PM
all of the above comments are true, but i still love madden as an announcer.

he's like a senile uncle at this point- he makes no sense sometimes, but his voice is comforting.

also, i love how agitated he still gets, 36 years later, when someone brings up the immaculate reception. he's a gamer.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-16-2008, 04:13 AM
i like dierdorf, and collinsworthless doesnt bother me.

Collinworth is the Cliff Clavin of the broacast booth.......

"Well you see, Keith, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first.

This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive drinking of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Keith, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

jdsdaguy
09-17-2008, 06:40 AM
it seems to me that alot of commentaters like to talk down on the steelers. has anyone ever heard jim mora sr. say anything good about pittsburgh?

stillers4me
09-17-2008, 06:47 AM
ben was pretty much dropping wet balls (hehe) right into the breadbasket, and throwing darts and madden kept making it like ben was off and something was wrong.

It was his sore shoulder.

stlrtruck
09-17-2008, 09:17 AM
I'd take the fluff of Olberman....at least he's funny (or I think he is).

As for the others, can't we just have some torture guy cut their testicles off with a rusty spoon?

klick81
09-17-2008, 11:33 AM
The whole "unbalanced line" jibber-jabber was driving me crazy.:blah::blah::blah::blah:

OH man!!! This part was driving me insane!!!

vasteeler
09-17-2008, 11:43 AM
i still like madden of course he is redundant as hell but to me the sound of his voice is very nostalgic, collinsworth on the other hand is awful
and i dont mind deirdorf either

beSteelmyheart
09-27-2008, 12:25 AM
It was horrible! But I had more of a complaint against the media coverage in general-living in Florida we don't get the good Steelers coverage.
All day long leading up to that game it was the same old crap about the same old teams, especially the whining about the Chargers. Come halftime, they went right back at it with no mention of the game being played. If they did happen to mention the Steelers, it was after I got disgusted with them & left the room. After the game they had the quick sideline interviews & immediately went right back to the spoogefest over this season's Media Queens!!!
I was so sick of hearing about that messed up call during the Broncos/Chargers game & last Sunday they were still crying about it! Geez, get over it already.:blah:
What is it with the yearly media circle jerk over the Chargers??

Stu Pidasso
10-07-2008, 07:10 AM
What is it with the yearly media circle jerk over the Chargers??

Umm... Haven't you heard? Tom Brady is out, and the Pats* lost a game already! Tony Homo is stinkin' up the joint, and they got nothing else!

WAH FUKIN WAH