PDA

View Full Version : Dallas/Philly MNF

tony hipchest
09-15-2008, 07:32 PM
this game has high scoring game written all over it so i say it will be a relatively low scoring game. i take the under (whatever it may be) 48? :noidea:

i hope philly wins and comes in confident and w/o a sense of desperation vs the steelers next week.

plus i like philly a helluva lot more than the cowboys.

stillers4me
09-15-2008, 07:38 PM
I can't root for the 'boys. But I do hope they soften up the Iggles bigtime for us.

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Is the Jerry Jones knobslobbing session over yet? :coffee:

stillers4me
09-15-2008, 07:41 PM
I don't get all the Cowboy love .......

GutterflowerSteel
09-15-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm taking Philly - so that they can face us next week feeling good about themselves - until we take 'em down :tt02: I can't wait to see Hines flap his arms at their bench and do The Eagle after he scores a TD (or two)!!

That will ROCK :thumbsup:

Edman
09-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Philly drives and gets three.

3-0 Philly.

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 07:48 PM
That'll help my FF team - Akers is my PK. :thumbsup:

Edman
09-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Romo to TO for the touchdown. Beats the Philly Blitz.

7-3 Cowpokes.

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Did that idiot Kornheiser just compare the bojangling assclown (T.O.) to Jerry Rice? :dang:

tony hipchest
09-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Did that idiot Kornheiser just compare the bojangling assclown (T.O.) to Jerry Rice? :dang:
is TO really 2nd in the league in career TD receptions?

boy, ashanti samule sure is a great cb if hes standing around and the qb throws it right to him.

stillers4me
09-15-2008, 08:22 PM
is TO really 2nd in the league in career TD receptions?

boy, ashanti samule sure is a great cb if hes standing around and the qb throws it right to him.

Isn't that that they got him for? :hunch:

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2008, 08:24 PM
This game appears to be headed for an offensive shootout

Edman
09-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Tony Homo loses the fumble twice on one play in the end zone and is recovered by the Eagles! :laughing:

20-14 Eagles.

tony hipchest
09-15-2008, 08:31 PM
roger goodell is gonna call dallass and say he heard an inadvertant whistle. the td will be overturned after the commercial break. :rolleyes:

rhomo is the "future" of the league (as is cutler).

The Duke
09-15-2008, 08:32 PM
nice play homo :chuckle:

nothing like seeing romo sucking

OneForTheToe
09-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Hagler Hearns, Tony?:noidea:

Yea, that makes sence. As much as I like Tony on PTI, i hate him x10 on MNF.:banging:

millwalldavey
09-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Alls I know is i cleaned someones clock from on here in fantasy yesterday... and have T.O. and Whitten playing tonight!

RUN IT UP DEMONS, RUN IT UP! *clap, clap*

OneForTheToe
09-15-2008, 08:43 PM
TD Dallas.

This helps my pickum game but but makes my head hurt.

stillers4me
09-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Does this mean that both teams defenses suck?????

OneForTheToe
09-15-2008, 08:46 PM
I always suspected that TO and Romo have hooked up many times.:wink02:
:sissies:

millwalldavey
09-15-2008, 08:47 PM
These defenses suck.

Steelers will tear them apart next week.

The Duke
09-15-2008, 08:53 PM
what the hell was jackson thinking??

These defenses suck.

Steelers will tear them apart next week.

just what I was thinking :tt02:

these shootouts are getting boring though ....

tony hipchest
09-15-2008, 08:54 PM
wow. the football is a treasure.... like solid gold. and desean jackson just threw it down like trash. :doh:

plaxico is redeemed from one of the most boneheaded rookie plays ever.

Edman
I wouldn't be so sure about Ben shredding the Eagles D.

They have an attacking Defense, which doesn't bode well for the O-Line.

stillers4me
They are trying to out showboat each other. They'll come in too c*o*c*k*y next week and we'll pick them apart.

millwalldavey
09-15-2008, 08:57 PM
They are trying to out showboat each other. They'll come in too c*o*c*k*y next week and we'll pick them apart.

My thoughts exactly.

OneForTheToe
09-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Harvey Clayton could do a better job in pass coverage than anyone on either of these teams.

Preacher
09-15-2008, 09:02 PM
I sure look forward to teh game next week now...

Let's see hwat happens when the eagle hits a Steel wall. Cause right now, there is NO D whatsoever.

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about Ben shredding the Eagles D.

They have an attacking Defense, which doesn't bode well for the O-Line.

FWIW, our first stringers moved the ball at will against them in the preseason. I haven't seen anything tonight to make me think it will be any different next week.

WVUSteelers
09-15-2008, 09:05 PM
I think that this will be toughest test before our bye week. The Eagles look like they are full steam ahead, although their defense looks suspect. Although, conversely, the Cowboys defense looks as bad. I'd say our offensive attack has to be in a good rhythm against their defense to win the game next week. Our defnese also must contain Westbrook. It looks like Dallas is not doing that tonight. The yellow flags are also hurting the Boys.

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 09:06 PM
I think that this will be toughest test before our bye week. The Eagles look like they are full steam ahead, although their defense looks suspect. Although, conversely, the Cowboys defense looks as bad. I'd say our offensive attack has to be in a good rhythm against their defense to win the game next week. Our defnese also must contain Westbrook. It looks like Dallas is not doing that tonight. The yellow flags are also hurting the Boys.

The Cowboys are undisciplined as hell - they had ELEVEN penalties last week against the Browns. That will come back to bite them in the ass, especially in the playoffs.

OneForTheToe
09-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Wow McNabb does look impressive tonight. Don't underestimate him. When healthy he can be very effective

OneForTheToe
09-15-2008, 09:51 PM
This Jerry Jones love affair. Grabbing for the pepto

X-Terminator
09-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Looks like we've got another early Game of the Year candidate...

OneForTheToe
09-15-2008, 10:00 PM
I know it is wrong to wish this, but when I see Jerry Jones on the sideline, I kind sorta wish for a Charlie Weis moment. I'm a bad , very bad man. :shake01:

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 10:07 PM
I know it is wrong to wish this, but when I see Jerry Jones on the sideline, I kind sorta wish for a Charlie Weis moment. I'm a bad , very bad man. :shake01:

Belicheat deserves it more.

OneForTheToe
09-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Belicheat deserves it more.

Tru dat, but what peeves me about Jones is that he doesn't belong on the sidelines. Owners stay in their luxery boxes in my world.

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Starting to look like one of those games where whoever has the ball last wins.

tony hipchest
09-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Starting to look like one of those games where whoever has the ball last wins.
see. this is why i like kornholio. i think it was him who just said this on the broadcast before dallass last fg.

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 10:29 PM
see. this is why i like kornholio. i think it was him who just said this on the broadcast before dallass last fg.

I muted the three fools in the booth a good hour ago. Listening to music instead. :thumbsup:

OneForTheToe
09-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Kornhieser .... five minutes ago he said this was a must win game for the Cowboys - to the agast of "Jaws." Now, he says it doesn't matter who wins because these are the two best teams in the league:doh:

I won't even get into his comment about the Cowboys being the best franchise in America, in any sport. You'd think the best franchise in America would at least have won a playoff game this century. I know ESPN wants him in the booth because of PTI. Still, at least switch him with Wilbon, who is much less likely to just repeatedly say stupid.

Again, love him on PTI - want to shoot him on MNF.

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Kornhieser, five minutes ago he said tht this was a must win game for the cowboys to the agast of "Jaws." Now he says it doesn't matter who wins because these are the two best teams in the league:doh:

I won't even get into his comment about the Cowboys being the best franchise in America in any sport. You'd think the best franchise in America would at least have won a playoff game this century. I know ESPN wants him in the booth because of PTI. Still, at least switch him with Wilbon who is much less likely to just repeatedly say stupid.

I didn't think it could get any worse in prime time than Theismann. I was wrong, unfortunately.

tony hipchest
09-15-2008, 10:46 PM
I muted the three fools in the booth a good hour ago. Listening to music instead. :thumbsup:im a HUGE fan of jaws. plus i couldnt let any manny, moe, or jack ruin my MNF enjoyment.

i hate that the announcers have become bigger than the game, in the fans eyes. (general statement not directed at you fansince)

tony hipchest
09-15-2008, 10:50 PM
announcer watch aside....

has there ever been so many "facemasks" in a single game?

OneForTheToe
09-15-2008, 10:51 PM
im a HUGE fan of jaws. plus i couldnt let any manny, moe, or jack ruin my MNF enjoyment.

i hate that the announcers have become bigger than the game, in the fans eyes. (general statement not directed at you fansince)

But the networks are to blame, Tony. They are the ones that draw the attention to the announcers.

OneForTheToe
09-15-2008, 10:53 PM
On the other hand, this was a great game no matter who is calling it. Well, that gave me 11 in the pick'um and bit of heartburn.

Crushzilla
09-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Sweet play...

fansince'76
09-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Not impressed by either team really - are their offenses that good or are their defenses that bad? I'm tending to lean toward the latter.

Crushzilla
09-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Also not crazy about McNabb laughing and high fiving the Cowboys after the game.

Hey, Donovan, you just lost a divisional game that you could have won. Had plenty of time on hat last drive... some bad decisions.

Walk off the field and PRETEND you give a damn...

tony hipchest
09-15-2008, 11:20 PM
But the networks are to blame, Tony. They are the ones that draw the attention to the announcers.the networks will NEVER fool me. i tune in for football. :tt03:

X-Terminator
09-15-2008, 11:42 PM
I will say this - if the Eagles play D like this on Sunday, the Steelers will be able to do whatever they want. I was not impressed at all. And the Cowgirls remind me of the Colts before they finally won the SB - all offense, no defense. Watching both of them attempt to play defense makes me wonder just how bad the Clowns and Rams are since they did jack shit against them, respectively.

Preacher
09-15-2008, 11:56 PM
I will say this - if the Eagles play D like this on Sunday, the Steelers will be able to do whatever they want. I was not impressed at all. And the Cowgirls remind me of the Colts before they finally won the SB - all offense, no defense. Watching both of them attempt to play defense makes me wonder just how bad the Clowns and Rams are since they did jack shit against them, respectively.

:rofl:

It will be a fun game against the eagles.

OneForTheToe
09-16-2008, 12:02 AM

I tend to agree. Jim Johnson is a good d' coordinator though, regardless of how poorly they played tonight. If nothing else, I'd expect the o'line to get challenged next week by heavy blitzing.

OneForTheToe
09-16-2008, 12:06 AM
the networks will NEVER fool me. i tune in for football. :tt03:

I though you tuned in for the cheerleaders. :thumbsup: oops i mean the car commercials.:wink02:

Anyways, I also like "Jaws." He might be my favorite analyist. I wish they would go with a two man booth and make Kornhieser a sideline reporter.:chuckle:

tony hipchest
09-16-2008, 12:21 AM
I though you tuned in for the cheerleaders. :thumbsup: oops i mean the car commercials.:wink02:

:they dont even bother to show cheerleaders anymore. :doh: not even when they break to commercial. :dang:

nowadays that type of gratuity is reserved for vice presidential candidates. :thumbsup:

:tt: steelerfans dont need cheerleaders though. :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
09-16-2008, 03:55 AM
If philly blitzes alot this week I would say hit Ward with those quick slant passes over the middle all day long.

stillers4me
09-16-2008, 05:44 AM
That game bored me. I feel asleep.

Benzzo
09-16-2008, 05:51 AM
I don't get all the Cowboy love .......
That's what im sayin.

stlrtruck
09-16-2008, 07:50 AM
Here's what I learned last night watching the end of the 2nd quarter and the 2nd half.

1) McNabb can not throw on the run as good as he once could

2) Phillies defense isn't that fast coming forward and it's even slower going backwards.

3) Philly has some good young WRs, they just don't know where the endzone is.

4) Dallas has an aggressive front four that is very dangerous but can be handled

5) Marion Barber is a beast at running back

6) TO is still a punk

7) Tony Romo wants to be Tom Brady

stlrtruck
09-16-2008, 07:51 AM
Kornhieser .... five minutes ago he said this was a must win game for the Cowboys - to the agast of "Jaws." Now, he says it doesn't matter who wins because these are the two best teams in the league:doh:

I won't even get into his comment about the Cowboys being the best franchise in America, in any sport. You'd think the best franchise in America would at least have won a playoff game this century. I know ESPN wants him in the booth because of PTI. Still, at least switch him with Wilbon, who is much less likely to just repeatedly say stupid.

Again, love him on PTI - want to shoot him on MNF.

Did anyone else hear is, "We are privileged to be watching this game." comment in the 2nd half?
What a crack head!!!

steel striker
09-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Kornheiser was horrible as usual and, he always jumps on the bandwagon. Last year it was the cheaters and, in 2005 he loved the colts and said they will crush the steelers in that 05 div playoff game. How well did that work out for him? Giants won the sb last year and in 05 we won the sb. I say the eagles won't know what to do once our defense hits them in the mouth.

OneForTheToe
09-16-2008, 01:52 PM
they dont even bother to show cheerleaders anymore. :doh: not even when they break to commercial. :dang:

nowadays that type of gratuity is reserved for vice presidential candidates. :thumbsup:

:tt: steelerfans dont need cheerleaders though. :chuckle:

Joe Biden? :noidea::wtf:

:wink02:

:wave: