Sportwriter calls for mass exodus onto Steelers bandwagon:

http://www.ohio.com/sports/28438799.html

Forget Browns angst: Go with Steelers
Coach Crennel leaves self open to question
By Patrick McManamon
Beacon Journal sports columnist

Published on Tuesday, Sep 16, 2008
Adopt the Steelers.
Embrace them. Mentally, at least. Bring them into the family and accept them and deal with them as part of your life.
Because the Browns have not given anyone a reason to embrace them, not since their return in 1999.
The Browns have had two good seasons. They reached the playoffs once, then a month later they blew up the team and that was the end of that.
Last season, the Browns went 10-6 and raised hopes for this year. Contract extensions were given out like Halloween candy.
Now, self-adoring ''stars,'' injuries, poor play, lack of depth and some downright inexplicable in-game decisions have the Browns losers of two games in a row at home.
This team that wanted to be an elite team?
It got embarrassed, twice, and showed an amazingly shallow recognition of some fundamental facts.

Let's consider one play and yes, there are many from which to pick and that's the fake onside/bloop kickoff following the field goal that made the deficit Sunday night against the Steelers 10-6.
The Browns did not line up properly. League rules call for at least four guys on each side of the ball. It's a safety thing.
The Browns didn't have the correct number.
This had to be something they practiced, prepared and planned on using.
Which means they didn't line up right through their preparations.
The Steelers, meanwhile, showed a clear understanding of the rules. When the Steelers saw the bloop kick, they signaled for a fair catch, a smart play that takes away the possibility of the kickoff team blowing up the receiver and recovering a fumble.
Adopt the Steelers.
Make them . . . ahem . . . ummm . . . yours? Heck, they do play the game the way the team in Cleveland played it a decade or two or three ago.
Just adopt the Steelers. It will eliminate all this angst about personnel and coaching decisions.
When coach Romeo Crennel got his contract extension in the offseason,
he said it meant he had better win this year.
I thought it was odd to be giving extensions to guys with two years left on their deal after one good year and two bad ones. But the Browns chose to do it. They have this habit of doing it, too. They gave an extension to Butch Davis after he had gone 5-11.
There's no security like coaching for the Browns.
Now people want Crennel's head. Fire him, they cry.
What sense does it make to fire a guy after you've extended his contract, and how in the world would it help to start over again? Again?
Crennel is the team's coach, and barring further meltdown, which does appear possible, he will be the coach in December and January.
After the season, who knows?
But that doesn't mean the coach has not left himself open to question. He has had three important times to choose between a field goal or a first down in the first two games, and every time he chose the opposite of the way I would have chosen.
The decision against the Cowboys, going for a field goal down 21 with 10 minutes left, I can't defend.
The decision at the end of the half against the Steelers? I disagree, but another football guy said that a coach has to know his team, and maybe Crennel felt that was his best chance to seize the momentum and take advantage of a scoring chance when conditions were hostile to scoring. OK, but I still would have kicked.
The decision in the fourth quarter Sunday night? OK, maybe. But bottom line is that with or without that field goal, Crennel was asking his defense to stop Pittsburgh and his offense to score a touchdown. I'd have tried for the first down.
It's a funny thing.
Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan went for two after a late touchdown Sunday, because he did not have confidence his defense could stop the San Diego Chargers in overtime.
Crennel did not go for it, because he had confidence in his defense.
Look who's the goat.
Crennel clearly is not helping his cause. And his players are not helping Crennel. They did not, as they say, have his back in either game.

We always hear that teams lose as a team. Well, the Browns have lost twice as a team. The decisions were odd. There were stupid penalties. The secondary is bereft, as is receiving depth. (The Steelers bring in Santonio Holmes, the Browns, Syndric Steptoe). The offensive line has not played up to last season's standard. The quarterback is uncertain. And the (alleged) standout wide receiver is too busy hosting celebrities and driving 120 mph to catch passes.
With the exception of Kellen Winslow and Jamal Lewis, who on the offense can be highlighted?
Enough of trying to push this rock up the hill. The Browns simply have not given anyone from the guy watching TV in the living room to the people paying for all those club seats anything on which to hang their hats.
It's time to adopt a team that plays hard, plays well and plays smart. A team that competes and understands the league and conducts itself like a real NFL team.
Adopt the Steelers.

Patrick McManamon can be reached at pmcmanamon@thebeaconjournal.com (pmcmanamon@thebeaconjournal.com). Read his blog at http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/mcmanamon/ (http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/mcmanamon/).

Edman
09-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Well, Cleveland can go back to their sewer hole where they came from. I don't want turd scum fouling up our bandwagon. The Steelers have a hard time beating Jacksonville and New England, you don't hear Pittsburgh sports writers calling for Steeler fans to jump on their bandwagons do they?

For months I've had to suffer endless barking from the puppy pound and the pundits about how great the Browns are. Now they're 0-2 with two losses at home to a good team and division rival who owns them, and last Sunday's game really wasn't as close as the score indicated.

All it takes is a few wins and they'll be right back barking some more. F the overrated Browns and F Cleveland. Bunch of soft, gutless wannabes.

rbryan
09-16-2008, 08:24 AM
All I know is that I don't want to hear another peep out of Braylon Edwards. Guy has one good year and runs his mouth all offseason about how they're going to smack down the Stillers.

He already leads the league in drops after week two and I doubt anyone will overtake him. He's soft and has been exposed.

Typical Cleveland........the best part of thier season is the part before they have to play Pittsburgh......Maybe next year the league will do them a favor and not schedule the Stillers till later so they can bask in the limelight of expectation a little longer than week two........lol

HometownGal
09-16-2008, 09:19 AM
I think the wheels fell off the Browns bandwagon on Sunday night and they're back to their perennial "there's always next year" drivel. :blah::blah::blah:

Sure Crennel is part of the problem, but that secondary just plain sucks, as does their O. Edwards and Winslow playing in their pre-game sandboxes flappin' those pieholes and then getting beaten like rented mules on the field. If it wasn't so pathetic, it would actually be funny.

Bottom line? You can't put silk socks on the hog that is the Cleveland Browns.

stlrtruck
09-16-2008, 10:24 AM
but, but, but....

there's always next year!!! :toofunny: :rofl: :toofunny:

CB1977
09-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I've already read this article over at the Browns forum and it's not getting rave reviews.

As for Patrick, he can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. No REAL Browns fan (or any other fan) would jump ship because their team keeps losing. That's a bandwagon fan and those fans aren't real.

Patrick? We don't need you.

lilyoder6
09-16-2008, 11:30 AM
well cle plays balt and then cincy... so these could be easy games for the browns to bounce back from... buty we'll have to wait and see.. but the ravens are prob ancy about not playing last week

Dino 6 Rings
09-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I've already read this article over at the Browns forum and it's not getting rave reviews.

As for Patrick, he can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. No REAL Browns fan (or any other fan) would jump ship because their team keeps losing. That's a bandwagon fan and those fans aren't real.

Patrick? We don't need you.

We in the Steelers Nation shall embrace and welcome you with open arms. Join us and it will all feel better.

CB1977
09-16-2008, 01:00 PM
We in the Steelers Nation shall embrace and welcome you with open arms. Join us and it will all feel better.

Are you referring to me or Patrick?:noidea:

xfl2001fan
09-16-2008, 03:59 PM

We true fans of the Cleveland Browns do not accept. I challenge you to an honor du-ell.
There will be no jumping of the ship.
There will be no whiney babies.
Our coach, this season, has been a complete buffoon.
He is still my coach, because he is the coach of my team.

There are 14 weeks left. The next two are division games. This should enable us to be 2-2 and being to right the off-kilter ways of the man who is trying to resemble a severely tanned Mike Holmgren.

NJarhead
09-16-2008, 04:11 PM
There are 14 weeks left.

Which is why we are offering you the opportunity to end your suffering now. :wink02:

xfl2001fan
09-16-2008, 04:20 PM
I didn't lose my love for my team when Modell stole them away. I didn't lose my love for my team when we won only one game in our first season back.

I didn't lose the love for my team following our playoff loss (coupled with the dismantling of the core players).

I don't lose the love for my team just because we start 0-2 following a 10-6 season.

We go 1-15, I wouldn't consider jumping ship. Especially not to a division rival.

There's a reason why I'm a (moderate) fan of the Carolina Panthers. There were two new teams in the league and the Browns were going away. One was Jacksonville of the AFC Central and the other was the Carolina Panters of the NFC West.

Once the Browns came back, I was done with Carolina.

Steelman16
09-16-2008, 04:27 PM
I used to be a moderate fan of Carolina too - back when they first came into the league, and I lived in the state.

But I soon saw the error of my ways for committing adultery, and I have remained loyal to my first love ever since. :chuckle:

I can't fault you for being a hardcore fan, even it happens to be for a team that all Steelers fans detest. In fact, I congratulate you on being a true fan! :thumbsup:

NJarhead
09-16-2008, 04:27 PM
I didn't lose my love for my team when Modell stole them away. I didn't lose my love for my team when we won only one game in our first season back.

I didn't lose the love for my team following our playoff loss (coupled with the dismantling of the core players).

I don't lose the love for my team just because we start 0-2 following a 10-6 season.

We go 1-15, I wouldn't consider jumping ship. Especially not to a division rival.

There's a reason why I'm a (moderate) fan of the Carolina Panthers. There were two new teams in the league and the Browns were going away. One was Jacksonville of the AFC Central and the other was the Carolina Panters of the NFC West.

Once the Browns came back, I was done with Carolina.

Sooooo, do you need a terrible towel then? :wink02:

Juuust kiddin' Bro. You know that.

xfl2001fan
09-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Sooooo, do you need a terible towel then? :wink02:

Juuust kiddin' Bro. You know that.

You're asking for an e-buttkicking tough guy! :drink:

NJarhead
09-16-2008, 05:07 PM
You're asking for an e-buttkicking tough guy! :drink:

Ooooh. "E-Violence." Well, I'm not so sure I want to step into the ring with a disgruntled Browns fan who has nothing more to lose. OUCH! :wink02: :drink:

On the other hand, I admire your allegience. Lord knows we've all been there at various points. :hatsoff:

rbryan
09-16-2008, 05:08 PM
I can respect anyone sticking with thier team, especially one who has the common sense to wait until thier team proves to be worthy of talking smack. Regardless of all else, that was a pretty close game. Couple plays here and there and we could be eating humble pie today. As I said earlier this year, Cleveland is certainly due to win, and obviously will at some point.

For all the other knuckleheads in Cleveland, What were you thinking?? Talking before you won anything is about as stupid as me (Penn State Alum) going to a Michigan or Ohio St board and proclaiming that we're going to kick your azz this year. Hell, I won't talk smack even if we do, at least not until we win a couple in a row.....lol

RoethlisBURGHer
09-16-2008, 05:40 PM
We true fans of the Cleveland Browns do not accept. I challenge you to an honor du-ell. There will be no jumping of the ship.
There will be no whiney babies.
Our coach, this season, has been a complete buffoon.
He is still my coach, because he is the coach of my team.

There are 14 weeks left. The next two are division games. This should enable us to be 2-2 and being to right the off-kilter ways of the man who is trying to resemble a severely tanned Mike Holmgren.

The bolded parts made me fall out of my chair laughin!

:toofunny::rofl::sofunny::laughing:

And BTW, when you buy a Terrible Towel, the approximate $7 you spend does not go to the Pittsburgh Steelers. It instead goes to the Allegheny Valley School which is a school which provides care for more than 900 people with mental and physical disabilities, including Myron Cope's autistic son,

So hey, buy a Terrible Towel and support a good cause at least. :tt03:

NJarhead
09-16-2008, 05:46 PM
when you buy a Terrible Towel, the approximate $7 you spend does not go to the Pittsburgh Steelers. It instead goes to the Allegheny Valley School which is a school which provides care for more than 900 people with mental and physical disabilities, including Myron Cope's autistic son,

So hey, buy a Terrible Towel and support a good cause at least. :tt03:

Yeah, and for the Allegheny Valley School too. :wink02: :tt02:

revefsreleets
09-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Seriously, the Browns fans need to stop pouring their derision on Crennel. He wasn't winning those game no matter what he did. They played better teams and lost, PERIOD.

Crennel put his faith in his defense, and they let him down and the Browns fans shat all over him. Shanahan went for 2 because he had NO FAITH in his defense, and he's being hailed as a hero. Seems a little backwards to me. The coaches know their teams better than the fans.

The players get the credit for wins, and the coaches get the high hat for losses.

xfl2001fan
09-16-2008, 06:21 PM
As I had stated in a previous post,

I won't claim that we would have won against Pittsburgh if not for the coaching gaffs (particularly the TO issues). The lack of additional points in the first half was clearly Anderson's fault.

In the second half, the three TO's BEFORE the two minute warning did us absolutely no favors whatsoever.

Again, I'm not saying we would have won...but when you've only got a few seconds to play with to score a TD (as opposed to a minute or so), the defense is going to send 4-5 guys deep and everyone else after the QB.

We did manage to stop your offense, but by the time it happened, we were out of time because of the wasted time outs early. There was only going to be 2-3 plays before the 2 minute warning if we don't expend those timeouts (foolishly.)

If memory serves me right, there were 4 plays....one of which was a short run right before 2:00 left.

You didn't move the ball much after that...but you didn't have to...you just needed to run the clock down and punt the ball away. We had no way of preventing that.

Yes, if we had our timeouts, the offensive gameplan changes. But without the timeouts, there is no realistic chance whatsoever.

The game was tight, your defense was hot. Would we have won...don't know. But with the coaching gaffes in place, we'll never actually know.

NJarhead
09-16-2008, 06:32 PM
As I had stated in a previous post,

I won't claim that we would have won against Pittsburgh if not for the coaching gaffs (particularly the TO issues). The lack of additional points in the first half was clearly Anderson's fault.

In the second half, the three TO's BEFORE the two minute warning did us absolutely no favors whatsoever.

Again, I'm not saying we would have won...but when you've only got a few seconds to play with to score a TD (as opposed to a minute or so), the defense is going to send 4-5 guys deep and everyone else after the QB.

We did manage to stop your offense, but by the time it happened, we were out of time because of the wasted time outs early. There was only going to be 2-3 plays before the 2 minute warning if we don't expend those timeouts (foolishly.)

If memory serves me right, there were 4 plays....one of which was a short run right before 2:00 left.

You didn't move the ball much after that...but you didn't have to...you just needed to run the clock down and punt the ball away. We had no way of preventing that.

Yes, if we had our timeouts, the offensive gameplan changes. But without the timeouts, there is no realistic chance whatsoever.

The game was tight, your defense was hot. Would we have won...don't know. But with the coaching gaffes in place, we'll never actually know.

I disagree about the 4 qtr time-outs. Romeo was counting on the defense stopping us. Had they, there would have been more time on the clock than if he had waited until after the two minute warning. It's a shitty position to be in, but I think it was the right call. Again, it failed only because the defense failed.

revefsreleets
09-16-2008, 06:40 PM
If the Browns would have given the ball to DA to wing around more, he'd have just thrown another pick or two, and someone in the Steelers defensive backfield probably would have run one back for a score. Crennel was right to play super conservative.

Brady! Brady! Brady!

Get used to it...DA is, as predicted, NOT the answer at QB.

9-5
09-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Well, Cleveland can go back to their sewer hole where they came from. I don't want turd scum fouling up our bandwagon. The Steelers have a hard time beating Jacksonville and New England, you don't hear Pittsburgh sports writers calling for Steeler fans to jump on their bandwagons do they?

For months I've had to suffer endless barking from the puppy pound and the pundits about how great the Browns are. Now they're 0-2 with two losses at home to a good team and division rival who owns them, and last Sunday's game really wasn't as close as the score indicated.

All it takes is a few wins and they'll be right back barking some more. F the overrated Browns and F Cleveland. Bunch of soft, gutless wannabes.
How exactly was it not as close as the score? You guys got a ton of lucky breaks. Even with the pick in the redzone and the bad clock management, we recover the botched kickoff and score a touchdown, we win.

And way to win with class, man.
Seriously, the Browns fans need to stop pouring their derision on Crennel. He wasn't winning those game no matter what he did. They played better teams and lost, PERIOD.

Crennel put his faith in his defense, and they let him down and the Browns fans shat all over him. Shanahan went for 2 because he had NO FAITH in his defense, and he's being hailed as a hero. Seems a little backwards to me. The coaches know their teams better than the fans.

The players get the credit for wins, and the coaches get the high hat for losses.
It's not about the winning as it is about being a incapable NFL head coach. He just is not a guy who can do it. That's what we are more mad about.

If the Browns would have given the ball to DA to wing around more, he'd have just thrown another pick or two, and someone in the Steelers defensive backfield probably would have run one back for a score. Crennel was right to play super conservative.

Brady! Brady! Brady!

Get used to it...DA is, as predicted, NOT the answer at QB.
DA had a pretty good second half, it just wasn't enough. Brady won't be playing just yet. Maybe by Week 17 he will, but for right now, DA is still the starter.

fansince'76
09-16-2008, 07:40 PM
You guys got a ton of lucky breaks. Even with the pick in the redzone and the bad clock management, we recover the botched kickoff and score a touchdown, we win.

You're also quite lucky we didn't put more points up as well on that pass to Willie. And IF my aunt had a johnson she'd be my uncle. You lost. Deal with it. :coffee:

HometownGal
09-16-2008, 07:40 PM
How exactly was it not as close as the score? You guys got a ton of lucky breaks. Even with the pick in the redzone and the bad clock management, we recover the botched kickoff and score a touchdown, we win.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. The Steelers totally dominated the Browns in that game - the announcers stated that several times during and after the game. Suck it up - the Browns lost #10 in a row to the Steelers and as a team, can't smell where the Steelers shit last. We OWN you. :tt02:

lilyoder6
09-16-2008, 08:03 PM
the int in the redzone was not luck at all.. da just basically threw the ball and troy made a nice play

revefsreleets
09-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Browns had their share of lucky breaks too...and the refs practically GAVE them a whole drive based on bullshit calls. Did the refs need to throw 2-3 more bogus flags for you to be happy? The refs can't give out 5 points, so you're screwed on that count anyway.

The sun rose in the East and set in the West. Grass is green. The sky is blue. The Steelers beat the Browns. These are constants in the universe.

Deal.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-16-2008, 10:19 PM
This is the bullshit I have heard all day, that the Steelers didn't win it the Browns just lost it.

For DA to throw two picks, two Steelers defenders (Polamalu and McFadden) need to make the plays to come up with the football.

The Browns couldn't run the ball against us, couldn't throw the ball against us, and couldn't get anything going on special teams to spark the offense.

The Browns defense couldn't stop Willie Parker, and they really couldn't stop Ben. Recievers dropped some balls and the wind took a few...but the Browns defense didn't do much. The only one to do anything for you guys was Shaun Rodgers.

Just face it, the Steelers handled the Browns for the tenth straight game. The Browns are still not yet in our league.

9-5
09-17-2008, 01:16 AM
Woulda, coulda, shoulda. The Steelers totally dominated the Browns in that game - the announcers stated that several times during and after the game. Suck it up - the Browns lost #10 in a row to the Steelers and as a team, can't smell where the Steelers shit last. We OWN you. :tt02:
How?
Browns 208 total yards
Steelers 281
73 more yards. Hardly domination
Browns 17 First Downs
Steelers 14
We got more first downs
Browns 50% 3rd down conversion
Steelers 25%
Way better on third down
Browns 30:17 TOP
Steelers 29:43

How is that domination?

Oh yeah, it isn't.
Browns had their share of lucky breaks too...and the refs practically GAVE them a whole drive based on bullshit calls. Did the refs need to throw 2-3 more bogus flags for you to be happy?
The roughing the passer was the correct call, like it or not. DA threw the ball, Woodley wrapped him up and drove him to the ground RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF. And the taunting, nobody saw because the cameras were off. But, knowing the Steelers, are you really surprised?

Steeler fans in classic form, complaining about the refs after a win.

This is the bullshit I have heard all day, that the Steelers didn't win it the Browns just lost it.
Reality, buddy.

The only reason Troy Polamaleuna and McFadden were in position to make a play was because DA put them there. DA made terrible reads and threw bad passes.

And it wasn't exactly like BB lit us up, 186 yards isn't exactly good against our sorry secondary. Not to mention you had your top 2 receivers. We didn't.

fansince'76
09-17-2008, 01:18 AM
Reality, buddy.

The only reason Troy Polamaleuna and McFadden were in position to make a play was because DA put them there. DA made terrible reads and threw bad passes.

And it wasn't exactly like BB lit us up, 186 yards isn't exactly good against our sorry secondary. Not to mention you had your top 2 receivers. We didn't.

Steelers 10, Browns 6. Reality, buddy. DA, much like your team as a whole, sucks. Once again, you lost. Deal with it. :coffee:

MACH1
09-17-2008, 01:26 AM
How?
Browns 208 total yards
Steelers 281
Browns 17 First Downs
Steelers 14
We got more first downs
Steelers 25%
Way better on third down

How is that domination?

Oh yeah, it isn't.

You forgot a few.

10-6 Steelers win
10 in a row setting a NFL record
17-3 against the browns since 1999

Dominate enough for you?

fansince'76
09-17-2008, 01:58 AM
You forgot a few.

10-6 Steelers win
10 in a row setting a NFL record
17-3 against the browns since 1999

Dominate enough for you?

It would be funny to see the little Browns troll trying to run more smack on the Steelers after watching his team lose to them for the TENTH time in a row only if it wasn't so pathetic. :yawn:

Steelers. Still. Own. You.

Galax Steeler
09-17-2008, 04:00 AM
The brownies lost they were beat no matter the stats we won so deal with it.

stlrtruck
09-17-2008, 08:10 AM
Browns 208 total yards
Steelers 281
Do total yards really tell the story here? You had more yardage in the middle of the field, good for you. We had more yardage in the end zone.

Browns 17 First Downs
Steelers 14
We got more first downs
And you did less with it, congratulations

Steelers 25%
Way better on third down
And this benefited the browns how? Congratulations once again you led in a statistical category that had no relevance to the scoreboard.

Woo hoo you held the ball longer but yet still managed to only kick FGs. So tell me how did that work out for you? Oh, yeah, another L.

How is that domination?
Although you lead statistics, the browns got more than they could handled. While the browns did give us a little itch in the arse during the game, the domination is in the entire process. No matter how good the browns play, the steelers can still have a so-so game and win. Domination is 10 in a row. Now that's dominate!!!

The roughing the passer was the correct call, like it or not. DA threw the ball, Woodley wrapped him up and drove him to the ground RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF. And the taunting, nobody saw because the cameras were off. But, knowing the Steelers, are you really surprised?
You're right the refs got that one correct. Unfortunately, they don't know how to call it the other way, especially when the guy leading the way leads with his helmet.

As for the taunting, it was inappropriate and almost cost us the game. Of course when the classless browns fans have little or no respect for the game or players I'm sure even the best of people would eventually crack. Thus the fans obviously got what they deserved.

Steeler fans in classic form, complaining about the refs after a win. I'm not sure it's so much complaining as pointing out the fact that even with the refs inability to call a game across the board we were able to overcome. Exactly what did the browns do with all the calls that went their way...oh yeah, they couldn't do anything but kick field goals.

The only reason Troy Polamaleuna and McFadden were in position to make a play was because DA put them there. DA made terrible reads and threw bad passes. And this would have nothing to do with the either Troy or McFadden's ability to play defense. It was all DA placing the players where he was going to throw the ball. Either way, the player still has to catch the ball. Just like a browns fan, complaining about the players inability to perform rather than the blunt reality that is THE STEELERS OWN THE BROWNS!!!! :toofunny: :rofl:

Really, this is what it's come down to, we didn't have our top 2 WRs? Seriously? Get real. In the NFL you have to be able to overcome injury and bad officiating. The Steelers have proven they can do both - the browns have proven, well, that they're the browns.

But here, hopefully this will make your day :hug:

cubanstogie
09-17-2008, 08:15 AM
Do total yards really tell the story here? You had more yardage in the middle of the field, good for you. We had more yardage in the end zone.

And you did less with it, congratulations

And this benefited the browns how? Congratulations once again you led in a statistical category that had no relevance to the scoreboard.

Woo hoo you held the ball longer but yet still managed to only kick FGs. So tell me how did that work out for you? Oh, yeah, another L.

Although you lead statistics, the browns got more than they could handled. While the browns did give us a little itch in the arse during the game, the domination is in the entire process. No matter how good the browns play, the steelers can still have a so-so game and win. Domination is 10 in a row. Now that's dominate!!!

You're right the refs got that one correct. Unfortunately, they don't know how to call it the other way, especially when the guy leading the way leads with his helmet.

As for the taunting, it was inappropriate and almost cost us the game. Of course when the classless browns fans have little or no respect for the game or players I'm sure even the best of people would eventually crack. Thus the fans obviously got what they deserved.

I'm not sure it's so much complaining as pointing out the fact that even with the refs inability to call a game across the board we were able to overcome. Exactly what did the browns do with all the calls that went their way...oh yeah, they couldn't do anything but kick field goals.

And this would have nothing to do with the either Troy or McFadden's ability to play defense. It was all DA placing the players where he was going to throw the ball. Either way, the player still has to catch the ball. Just like a browns fan, complaining about the players inability to perform rather than the blunt reality that is THE STEELERS OWN THE BROWNS!!!! :toofunny: :rofl:

Really, this is what it's come down to, we didn't have our top 2 WRs? Seriously? Get real. In the NFL you have to be able to overcome injury and bad officiating. The Steelers have proven they can do both - the browns have proven, well, that they're the browns.

But here, hopefully this will make your day :hug:

Reading these posts reminds me of the SB victory over the seahags and their whinny ass fans. Wasting our breaths on these ignorant browns fans. Go ahead and lets hear the excuses for the other 9 games you lost to us, that will keep you busy for a while.

revefsreleets
09-17-2008, 08:24 AM
This 9-5 is the worst of the worst. Ignorant, arrogant, lacks fundamental knowledge of the game, and LOVES to hear himself pontificate.

Perhaps the stats reflect the fact that the Browns played from behind and had to pass, while the Steelers played conservatively to protect their lead. Had that occured to you, oh great nitwitted one?

Oh, and, no, the Woodley hit was NOT a penalty. He was already in progress to hit DA, the hit happened a split second after the throw, he could not have pulled off, and he did not drive the QB into the ground, he simply tackled the QB from the shoulders down, as he was taught to do. Bullshit call.

Edman
09-17-2008, 08:33 AM
I can't believe a Browns fan is still talking smack after seeing the Steelers neuter the Browns on National TV. I'll be happy to win with class, when the opponent doesn't make excuses of course. If DA doesn't throw those two picks...well if Ben gets Willie in the flat it's first and goal Steelers. I can play the if game too.

You couldn't stop Willie Parker from posting another 100 on your Defense, that very reason you signed fat boy Rogers, Braylon "Dropsie" Edwards has been exposed as a softie, Eightball got stuffed even after Brett Kiesel left the field, and DA once again shows why he doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL QB. Quick release, but he can't hit the water even if he threw the ball off a boat. That's how horrible he is.

The Steelers beat the Browns in the only stat that matters: The Scoreboard. You won the stats in a game where Pittsburgh's ability was limited, but that doesn't explain why the Browns still couldn't beat the Steelers on a level playing field.

Stick to your moral victories, I'll take the Steelers' tenth consecutive win over the Brownies.

X-Terminator
09-17-2008, 08:54 AM
How?
Browns 208 total yards
Steelers 281
Browns 17 First Downs
Steelers 14
We got more first downs
Steelers 25%
Way better on third down

How is that domination?

Oh yeah, it isn't.

Reality, buddy.

And, as I said in another thread in another forum, none of that changes the fact that it was yet another "L" for the Browns against the Steelers. Deal. With. It.

Maybe your team should try, oh I don't know, BEATING the Steelers before you start running your mouth?

revefsreleets
09-17-2008, 08:55 AM
It's frustration, pure and simple. We continue to beat the Browns like a red-headed stepchild, and they continue to be completely clueless and befuddled as to why exactly that is...

HometownGal
09-17-2008, 02:27 PM
How?
Browns 208 total yards
Steelers 281
Browns 17 First Downs
Steelers 14
We got more first downs
Steelers 25%
Way better on third down

How is that domination?

Oh yeah, it isn't.

Reality, buddy.

Stats don't mean jack shit oh little brown turdster. The final score is what really counts. And yes - the Steelers DID dominate the Browns, even in deplorable elements. :tt02::applaudit::tt02:

10-6

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/mysticpixie/Peaceful%20Art/deal_with_it.jpg

9-5
09-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Perhaps the stats reflect the fact that the Browns played from behind and had to pass, while the Steelers played conservatively to protect their lead. Had that occured to you, oh great nitwitted one?
Resorting to insults, I see.
The Browns didn't have to pass, we ran the ball plenty in the second half. Not effectively, but we did run.

Oh, and, no, the Woodley hit was NOT a penalty. He was already in progress to hit DA, the hit happened a split second after the throw, he could not have pulled off, and he did not drive the QB into the ground, he simply tackled the QB from the shoulders down, as he was taught to do. Bullshit call.
Except he hit him, after DA released the ball, and drive him to the ground, after DA released the ball. Which is a penalty. Call it what you like.

Shaun Rogers didn't hit BB with his helmet, so it doesn't matter if he led with his helmet. That only applies if you hit with your helmet. And yeah, it was a penalty.

Stats don't mean jack shit oh little brown turdster. The final score is what really counts. And yes - the Steelers DID dominate the Browns, even in deplorable elements. :tt02::applaudit::tt02:

Okay.... 10-6 isn't dominating. 4 points is one touchdown. You don't see the Cowboys, Colts, Broncos, 49ers, Panthers, and Bills fans going out and saying "Oh yeah we dominated we won by less then a touchdown"

You say the stats don't matter, only because they weren't all that much better then ours. I guarantee you if the Steelers would have beaten us soundly you would saying the stats matter.

MACH1
09-17-2008, 11:03 PM
How does it feel to know your season's over two games into it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

fansince'76
09-17-2008, 11:14 PM
:coffee:

Steelman16
09-17-2008, 11:21 PM
The Browns didn't have to pass, we ran the ball plenty in the second half. Not effectively, but we did run.

Except he hit him, after DA released the ball, and drive him to the ground, after DA released the ball. Which is a penalty. Call it what you like.

Shaun Rogers didn't hit BB with his helmet, so it doesn't matter if he led with his helmet. That only applies if you hit with your helmet. And yeah, it was a penalty.

Okay.... 10-6 isn't dominating. 4 points is one touchdown. You don't see the Cowboys, Colts, Broncos, 49ers, Panthers, and Bills fans going out and saying "Oh yeah we dominated we won by less then a touchdown"

You say the stats don't matter, only because they weren't all that much better then ours. I guarantee you if the Steelers would have beaten us soundly you would saying the stats matter.

Yup, that's all fine and dandy, but the fact remains. You are 0-2, and we are 2-0.

Sorry, the score was 10-6 at the end of the game, so we won.

:coffee:

HometownGal
09-18-2008, 06:32 AM

Let me explain it to you one more time.

The Steelers dominated you in the aspect that matters most - they WON the game in YOUR backyard. The Steelers OWN the Browns - live it, learn it, accept it. I think your team accepted it long ago - time for you to do the same. :applaudit:

You say the stats don't matter, only because they weren't all that much better then ours. I guarantee you if the Steelers would have beaten us soundly you would saying the stats matter

No I wouldn't have said stats matter. I would have simply said that the Browns got their asses kicked. :chuckle:

revefsreleets
09-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Insults? Please, kid. When I insult you, you'll know it. I'm going light because you're not the sharpest pencil in the box, and you clearly cannot accept the facts as they are.

The Browns are our bitches. They are two auto wins a year. Your "moral victories" are empty and stupid.

Stlrs4Life
09-18-2008, 04:03 PM
I disagree about the 4 qtr time-outs. Romeo was counting on the defense stopping us. Had they, there would have been more time on the clock than if he had waited until after the two minute warning. It's a shitty position to be in, but I think it was the right call. Again, it failed only because the defense failed.

Exactly. And they didn't "manage" to stop us until we were at there 26 yd line.

9-5
09-18-2008, 08:56 PM
How does it feel to know your season's over two games into it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Who said its over? The Giants were 0-2 last year, and they won the Super Bowl. In '06, Kansas City was 0-2, and they made the playoffs. There are still 14 games left, plenty of time for us to turn it around.

Let me explain it to you one more time.
The Steelers dominated you in the aspect that matters most - they WON the game in YOUR backyard.
Since when is winning a road game domination?

Insults? Please, kid. When I insult you, you'll know it. I'm going light because you're not the sharpest pencil in the box, and you clearly cannot accept the facts as they are.

The Browns are our bitches. They are two auto wins a year. Your "moral victories" are empty and stupid.
You are the only one who cannot accept the facts. All I have said this whole week is that you won a close game and that saying you dominated us is wrong. You can't seem to accept that, and for some reason feel the need to boost your ego by telling yourself you kicked our butts all across the field. And I never have once said "moral victory." You guys seem to think I am taking a "moral victory" by stating the facts. We lost, barely. You won, barely.

This 9-5 is the worst of the worst. Ignorant, arrogant, lacks fundamental knowledge of the game, and LOVES to hear himself pontificate.

So, how exactly are those not insults? Quit kidding yourself.

fansince'76
09-18-2008, 09:07 PM
:yawn:

stlrtruck
09-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Since when is winning a road game domination?

When you've done it 5 years running! But then again when all your team has done the last 5 years is lose then I would try to avoid the word dominate as well. In your own backyard you should be able to do more than score 6 points. When a team holds you out of the endzone, that is dominating defense - right players in the right position to end all hope!!!

According to www.dictionary.com, the definition of dominate:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dominate

1. to rule over; govern; control. Yeah, the Steelers rule over the browns and control them
2. to tower above; overlook; overshadow: Yeah, even when the browns had a good season, the Steelers continue to overshadow them.
3. to predominate, permeate, or characterize. To predominate, it couldn't be said any better than that...before kickoff the browns and their fans knew it was over.
4. Mathematics. (of a series, vector, etc.) to have terms or components greater in absolute value than the corresponding terms or components of a given series, vector, etc. Although not mathematical, the Steelers components are greater than the browns.
5. Linguistics. (of a node in a tree diagram) to be connected with (a subordinate node) either directly by a single downward branch or indirectly by a sequence of downward branches.
6. to rule; exercise control; predominate.
7. to occupy a commanding or elevated position The Steelers definitely hold an elevated position over the browns - well the entire AFCN for that matter.

Thanks for playing but don't you think at home the browns high-powered offense should be able to score more than 6 points? Domination is keeping a team out of the endzone, making key plays, and controlling the outcome. Yep, been there, done that.

revefsreleets
09-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Facts, figures, definitions don't work on this brainiac.

He's right and we're wrong...:rofl:

steelpride12
09-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Well the Browns had last years to look at but i guess the man up above gives every team that one opportunity and go figure the Clowns BLOW IT!
Hey, its alright with us were used to it and we go about our own business winning the division and adding on to our yearly success. Thanks for the wins browns better luck next year....

hizmi
09-20-2008, 04:42 PM

I hate to be the one defending a Brownie but he's right. Did we deservedly win? Yes. Did we dominate? Absolutely not. They were driving for the tying score in the 4th quarter...you can't call that domination.

43Hitman
09-20-2008, 08:12 PM
I think most of us here are talking about a collective body of work. And that is the Steelers have no doubt dominated the browns for 5 years. 10-0, scoreboard.

hizmi
09-20-2008, 09:22 PM
I think most of us here are talking about a collective body of work. And that is the Steelers have no doubt dominated the browns for 5 years. 10-0, scoreboard.

Well in that case, yes. 10-0 is complete, total, utter domination:tt02:

stillers4me
09-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Well in that case, yes. 10-0 is complete, total, utter domination:tt02:

I's official. The Brown's are the Steelers bitches! :tt03:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-25-2008, 03:50 AM

Did you just say that you didnt have to pass... because you didnt run the ball effectively?

revefsreleets
09-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Did you just say that you didnt have to pass... because you didnt run the ball effectively?

Tough to argue with sound logic like that, ain't it?

lilyoder6
09-25-2008, 11:17 AM
with that logic.. the browns are 0-3 and are on the verge of starting quinn.. woohooo!!!

TroysBadDawg
09-25-2008, 12:20 PM
We're bad
We're bad
And I know how we got that way!

the Big Marshmallow Crennel

FIRE CRENNEL

revefsreleets
09-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Guess what? With someone else coaching, you're still 0-3. Now, THIS week a better coach with more sound judgment might make a difference, since Romeo is giving "Quarterback rating 44 Boy" yet another chance. But I doubt it...

Your front office is to blame. Trading away your best player in the secondary, NOT trading Anderson when that wooden nickel had at least a little shine to it for a couple draft picks, etc, etc...

You reap what you sow...

The Duke
09-25-2008, 06:08 PM
any chance the NFL changes the browns prime time games? is it even possible?

those games should be very very boring

oh yeah....QUINN QUINN!!

revefsreleets
09-25-2008, 06:41 PM
There is no chance they keep that current prime time schedule...any chance for the networks to dump the Browns games they will take.

Havik
09-26-2008, 10:10 PM
The Browns, the Browns, the Browns. Here in Ohio that's all you hear. "They were so good last year". The fact is the Browns are still the Browns, they are no different than the Lions or Raiders. They generated a bunch of hype by going 10-6 by beating bad teams. You can put a dress on a pig, but it's still a pig. The Browns still suck, no matter how you try to disguise it.

MasterOfPuppets
09-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Guess what? With someone else coaching, you're still 0-3. Now, THIS week a better coach with more sound judgment might make a difference, since Romeo is giving "Quarterback rating 44 Boy" yet another chance. But I doubt it...

Your front office is to blame. Trading away your best player in the secondary, NOT trading Anderson when that wooden nickel had at least a little shine to it for a couple draft picks, etc, etc...

You reap what you sow...you forgot one.......giving crennel an extention !!! :toofunny:

revefsreleets
09-27-2008, 08:15 PM
That's right! THAT was a brilliant move! I don't know how much they are paying that guy, but it certainly won't make offering Cowher 11 million a year any more palatable.

The Duke
09-27-2008, 08:28 PM
anyone else love how inspired stallworth is to play with his 35 million contract? oh that's right, he hasn't even been of the field

pathetic

I knew he'd be hurt at some point, but this is ridiculous. guess that's what happens when you give that much money to nobodies

throwing money to the toilet. nicely done brownies :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
09-27-2008, 08:36 PM
It's a cursed franchise. It's a great place to go as a FA if you want a big paycheck, but a HORRIBLE place to go as a FA is you want to win, or actually play football.

Galax Steeler
09-28-2008, 08:02 AM
Who said its over? The Giants were 0-2 last year, and they won the Super Bowl. In '06, Kansas City was 0-2, and they made the playoffs. There are still 14 games left, plenty of time for us to turn it around.

Your team is not the giants not even close and there is not enough time for your stains to even come close to turning it around it must suck being a stains fan.

steelpride12
09-28-2008, 09:58 AM
We're bad
We're bad
And I know how we got that way!

the Big Marshmallow Crennel

FIRE CRENNEL

First off yes your bad, whats new there.
I remember last season everyone wanted Crennel to get that extension, now your stuck with the pig.

X-Terminator
09-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Well if the Browns lose to the Ryan Fitzpatrick-led Bungles today, they can kiss their season goodbye. They will be done like dinner.

lilyoder6
09-28-2008, 02:11 PM
wow.. how quickly all the browns fans went from saying that they were gonna dominate the afc north.. to the likes of firing the newly extended contract of crennel and the D.A who is pathetic

revefsreleets
09-29-2008, 09:36 AM
I stated this elesewhere, but it bears repeating: It's embarrassing watching Romeo play DA (who is clearly NOT an NFL caliber QB) simply to save face. He needs to make the switch ASAP.