PDA

View Full Version : Mike & Mike just predicted the Steelers will probably

nojobny
09-16-2008, 09:50 AM
lockup the AFC North by next month based on how well they're playing and how poorly the other teams in the division are playing.

I'll drink to that! :drink: Time to start saving up money for playoff tix. :wink02:

revefsreleets
09-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Nope, the Bungals are going to turn it around and go 14-2

(Insert sarcasm smiley here)

GBMelBlount
09-16-2008, 10:10 AM
I'll let you know my opinion by Halloween. :wink02:

Penn St Steelers
09-16-2008, 10:14 AM
their probably correct, and not taking up for them or anything, but the Browns first 2 games to open up the season were against 2 (Dallas, Pittsburgh) top tier teams imho, so they have an excuse for their poor 0-2 start.

Lone Wolf
09-16-2008, 10:16 AM
The Steelers are no doubt the class of the division right now, but a lot could happen in the next few weeks to change that,
I fully expect them to win the division, but Week 2 is way too early to be talking about "locks" in my opinion.

lilyoder6
09-16-2008, 10:17 AM
the way he bengals off is looking they won't be able to win alot of games... we have to wait and see how balt is since they had there bye week. but cle did have 2 good teams to start off against.. so lets see how they bounce back these 2 games.. and as for the steelers.. we'll have a real good test against the explosive eagles off..

HometownGal
09-16-2008, 10:25 AM
I wouldn't go that far - seems a bit premature to me. If the Steelers starters can stay healthy, I think that is a strong possibility, but we've got a lot of tough matchups ahead of us, so I don't want to take anything for granted at this point.

Edman
09-16-2008, 11:32 AM
If the Steelers stay healthy and play with heart, they can do big things this year.

Too premature for my tastes. A lot can happen from now until December.

fansince'76
09-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Too early.

Steel_Bus_24
09-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Way too early, though I think we have the edge

We are going to be going up against some Nasty Ds...and Im just praying we stay healthy enough

MDSteel15
09-16-2008, 11:36 AM
If the Steelers stay healthy and play with heart, they can do big things this year.

Too premature for my tastes. A lot can happen from now until December.

That right there is the main thing for wonning the division :thumbsup: But I like Golics thinking :tt03:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Too early.

Exactly, if the browns beat the bengals and ravens the next 2 weeks, they are back in it.

Wont know until week 12 at least.

Dino 6 Rings
09-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Next up the Eagles. That's all that matters.

DACEB
09-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Wow, we've played teams that finished 4th and 2nd in their divisions. The Browns have played two division winners. I'll reserve judgement until we actually play two division winners.

It's way too early. Let's worry about the Eagles.

steel striker
09-16-2008, 01:59 PM
It's a long season and, Dino is right on with all that matters this week is beating the eagles.

SCSTILLER
09-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Wow, we've played teams that finished 4th and 2nd in their divisions. The Browns have played two division winners. I'll reserve judgement until we actually play two division winners.

It's way too early. Let's worry about the Eagles.

You hit the nail on the head with this! Let's just take it one game at a time, it is a long season! We need to stay healthy to win the division, and the injury bug has already hit us with Keisel

Texasteel
09-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Our defense has already taken 1 major hit. Mike and Mike gets paid for saying stupid stuff, I'm not going to.

The_WARDen
09-16-2008, 04:42 PM
this is WAY too early. I believe the Giants started out 0-2 last year and gave up 80+ points in the process. Their season turned out pretty okay in the end.
:coffee:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Mike Greenberg is a tool....I can stomach Golic alittle bit....Way to early to start the wrapping up the AFC North talk.....One game at a time...Next up the battle for PA....The Steelers havn't won in Philly since 1965....I think its time we ended that streak....

MDSteel15
09-16-2008, 09:22 PM
I thought we played this one at home???

fansince'76
09-16-2008, 09:23 PM
I thought we played this one at home???

Nope - at Philly.

Stlrs4Life
09-16-2008, 09:27 PM
It is way too early to think or talk about that yet. Next game is Philly, let's worry about slowing them down first.

MJ5150
09-17-2008, 03:04 AM
A division crown is cool and all, but beating Cincy, Cleveland, and Baltimore for it isn't exactly impressive at this juncture.

-Mike

Galax Steeler
09-17-2008, 04:43 AM
I would love to see it but is way to early to tell.

nojobny
10-13-2008, 10:52 AM
After looking at the standings, I felt I had to revisit this thead.

Realistically, what do the numbers in our division have to look like for us to lock this up? What does the W-L ratio have to be?

We know Cin is done. And we still have a tough road ahead. (I'm more than a little annoyed that Indy finally woke up from their fog). I wonder what is the earliest that a team has locked up their division?

HereWeGoSteelers219
10-13-2008, 11:05 AM

Realistically, what do the numbers in our division have to look like for us to lock this up? What does the W-L ratio have to be?

We know Cin is done. And we still have a tough road ahead. (I'm more than a little annoyed that Indy finally woke up from their fog). I wonder what is the earliest that a team has locked up their division?

probably the Pats last year. We'll wrap it up in week 14-15.

Preacher
10-13-2008, 03:37 PM

I think 9 wins takes the division thought maybe with a tie break.

I think 12 wins gets a bye, and maybe homefield advantage.

nojobny
10-13-2008, 03:51 PM
probably the Pats last year. We'll wrap it up in week 14-15.

Yeah but the Pats have the Bills in their division and they at least won 7 games last year. (Jets won 4 and Fins won 1)

Do we think the bungles will be able to eek out 7 wins? Figure they 've got 3 more wins on their schedule (Cin, Cle & Hou) - that will put them at 5.

Where are our site statitcians? I'm horrible at numbers.:banging:

nojobny
10-13-2008, 03:52 PM
I think 9 wins takes the division thought maybe with a tie break.

I think 12 wins gets a bye, and maybe homefield advantage.

Ah.. thank you very much. This is what I was trying to figure out.

Dino 6 Rings
10-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Look at the Conference record first when talking playoffs.

Steelers 4-0.
Titans 4-0.
Buffalo 2-0
Ne England 2-2
Jets 2-2
Colts 2-1
Broncos 2-2
Chargers 3-2
Jags 3-3.

Steelers are in great position. The loss to the Eagles doesn't really reflect on our playoff chances. So when we beat the Bengals we'll be 5-0 in the AFC conference games, the Titans are at the Greifs this weekend, meaning they'll most likely maintain the undefeated record into the next week.

steelpride12
10-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Lets not start this. Way to early. We have a few games lead, but at the quarter point that is nothing so lets keep the Wins coming and do what we have been!

Hines0wnz
10-13-2008, 06:16 PM
One game at a time for sure especially with all the injuries. This is going to be quite the remarkable season if things turn out how we wish them too though.

#1LambertFan
10-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Well it looks like it will take 1 more win to lock up the AFC North the way its going now. The whole premature thing is cliche but the only way to point out the truth. October is the month of champions. Big things will happen right about now and Ben is great this month. I'll talk about it in November.

LVSteelersfan
10-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Expect Clowns fans to be barking after beating the Giants. Although the Giants looked extremely unready to play and probably took them for granted. The NFC East all of a sudden does not looks so tough after all after this weekend. Three of them getting knocked off by inferior opponents.

Dino 6 Rings
10-14-2008, 10:45 AM
How about the Steelers West (Arizona) on track to win the NFC West with the Seahawks being horrible.

I wonder what its like to cheer for a team that is great for a few years and then sucks for years after that. I guess I'll never know since I cheer for the Steelers and they are ALWAYS in the mix.

missedgehead
10-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Way too early. Definitely.

Avoid LLoyd1975
10-18-2008, 10:02 PM
There is only one team in our division and that is the Steelers, all the rest are pretenders and outside participants claiming to be NFL teams.

Ravens = Suck
Browns = Inept
Bungles = You gotta be kidding me!

GBMelBlount
10-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Way too early. Definitely.

I remember watching a post game show EARLY last year and many of the callers were predicting 14-2 type records. LOL! We are VERY fortunate to only have one loss right now and a key injury or two could have us scrambling. That being said, I am actually going to get myself another glass of Kool-Aid as I do feel quite good about where we are sitting at the moment. :chuckle:

steelerstrade
10-19-2008, 09:56 AM
9 wins takes the North, I have thought that most of the year, I really think it will be a huge accomplishment for the Steelers if they win 11 games this year (both with having a bad O-line and a tough end half schedule).