PDA

View Full Version : New England Bandwagon Nation

Vikeman
09-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Hello Steeler Nation! My name is Ken Knight and I am a newly published author of a book titled "New England Bandwagon Nation." I was born and raised in Mass., but I have never been a fan of the Pats. I have been an avid fan of the vikings since 1969. Having spent most of my natural life around all of these fickle, fair-weather Pats fans has motivated me to expose them to NFL nation. The book cover sports three Vince Lombardi trophys flanked by three ominous black asterisks! (How much of Tom Brady's success can be attributed to the "Spygate" scandal?") Chapter six is totally dedicated to this subject. I have sold many books to people I know--and every review has been exellent! Just log onto Amazon.com and enter "New England Bandwagon Nation" for information "about the author" and some very controversial "quotes from within." Thank you all so much, and when the Steelers face the Pats I will be a bigger Steelers fan than most of you!

fansince'76
09-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Guess this shoots to hell the theory the RW&B Kool-Aid drinking bandwagon has that the only fans with an axe to grind against their team are fans of teams they've beaten* in the playoffs or SB, doesn't it? If that were true, why the hell would a Vikes fan write a 210-page book dedicated to pointing out what shitbirds the fanbase and team are?

stlrtruck
09-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/New-Bandwagon-Nation-history-football/dp/1595712933/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221657131&sr=8-1

Here's the quote on the book page:
**WARNING** This publication contains subject matter which some people, May find to be offensive. Please read at your own peril. Quotes from within: The fans of the Patriots, as well as the New England sports media, keep stating that Bill Belichick is a 'Genius', and the Pats are still the 'best' team in the NFL. They fail to acknowledge the fact that there have been three different Super Bowl champions since the Pats last won one. Mike Shanahan, Tony Dungy, and Tom Coughlin have all sent the 'Genius' packing over the course of those same three NFL seasons. From 1988 through 1990, the New England Patriots were mired in a seventeen consecutive home game blackout streak. In fact, the Patriots played in front of the four smallest home crowds in the entire NFL, during the 1990 season. One thing that is certain, just as the Kennedys wanted Chappaquiddick to go away, New England Patriots nation has a burning desire to make Spygate* disappear, as well. The only place on earth that these three Super Bowl championships are not at all tainted, is right here in New England.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Duke
09-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Only 1 left in stock--order soon (more on the way).

lol, I guess it's going great so far

STEELtownHAVOX
09-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Oh man, I'm actually debating on buying this. Thanks for the post!

Vikeman
09-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Hey Steeler fans! Thank you for running with the info on New Eng. Bandwagon Nation. I put my heart and soul into it. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. P.S. The publisher is in Tarantum, Pa. (hope I spelled that right)

vasteeler
09-18-2008, 11:32 AM
This guy became a member just to sell us his book?
Good Grief:doh:

lilyoder6
09-18-2008, 11:51 AM
it's a good selling technique

Vikeman
09-19-2008, 08:06 AM
I wish you guys would look at this as a public service an. for the greater good of ALL NFL fans that were affected by "Spygate*." The Pats cannot prove that they did not gain a comp. advantage from it, and we can't prove they did. That creates a GRAY AREA that should forever taint those SB wins. Think about it--if the Pats hosted a playoff game due to cheating, then EVERYONE in the area that SHOULD have hosted that game were cheated! I am talking about Joe sausage guy in Pitt., Pete the motel owner in S. Diego, not to mention all of the other teams fans. PLEASE remember, it was the NFL that destroyed evedence to ensure WE would never know the truth or extent of the situation. No, I did NOT join your site solely to sell books. You folks associated with the Steelers have been very receptive to this and I can't thank you enough! You have shown me you truly love your team--and truly despise the Pats. Keep the dialogue rolling because I just LOVE good football talk with any knowledgeable NFL fans!