PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Benched in favor of Frerotte in Minny.

Edman
09-17-2008, 06:59 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10982521

I think that's going to do it for Tavaris Jackson in Minnesota, and probably signifies an early end for the Vike's Season. Frerotte is good for a few wins, but the most games he's ever won in a season was nine.

He's can't be any worse than TJ, though.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-17-2008, 07:02 PM
QB in round one for the Vikings in 2009?

MasterOfPuppets
09-17-2008, 07:13 PM
and after a couple weeks of ferrotte , the fans will be callin for some BOOTAY.......and i don't mean the cheerleaders...:chuckle:

revefsreleets
09-17-2008, 08:28 PM
I bet they beat Carolina this week. Home game, they are 0-2, desperate, have a great defense...

SteelCityMan786
09-17-2008, 08:32 PM
and after a couple weeks of ferrotte , the fans will be callin for some BOOTAY.......and i don't mean the cheerleaders...:chuckle:

I thought you did call for them??? :chuckle:

SaskSteeler
09-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Wow, So much for tarvaris jackon stepping up this year and taking the vikes to superbowl. This has to be major disappointment for Childress.

touchdownward
09-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Frerotte will be alright....until he does another celebratory head butt. :grin:

Edit: Since I'm stuck on the subject of head butting, here is footage of another hilarious incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm1L0wlQ8Vk

X-Terminator
09-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Why Childress ever thought TJ would turn into a good QB is beyond me. The guy makes Vince Young look like Peyton Manning. They will have a better chance of winning games with Frerotte, who somehow, some way, seems to end up being the starter everywhere he goes.

lilyoder6
09-17-2008, 09:59 PM
well childress is saying that he hasn't given up hope on tj yet.. but maybe he can learn... but they have an awesome running game all they need is a decent qb to make a couple of throws

Vikeman
09-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Take from a lofe-long vikes fan--Childress is the problem. He's had three years to figure out that Jackson can't play qb in the NFL. Last 2 seasons--out -coached by Herm Edwards, that guy in Det., Mike McCarthy (last five meetings), Joe Gibbs, Mike Shanahan, Tony Dungy, etc. He clearly has no back-bone, and coaches "not to lose." He has one of the best running games, and potentially one of the best defenses in the NFL. If he doesn't smarten up quick, he will lose them both.

Aussie_steeler
09-18-2008, 07:26 AM
He has one of the best running games, and potentially one of the best defenses in the NFL. If he doesn't smarten up quick, he will lose them both.

The general rule is that if you can run the ball and stop the run you should have the foundations for a good team.

Is the passing game that inept or are they just a team that needs to learn how to win close games? they are always an enigma to me.

the_king_from_leon
09-18-2008, 07:55 AM
I doubt this would have happened had they gone 1-1 but 0-2 I can understand the change at QB, albeit it seems a bit rushed

Felix

The_WARDen
09-18-2008, 02:36 PM
It's Kordell Stewart all over again. Team has a great running game with a very good defense but a moron at QB. Give Childress credit that unlike Cowher he didn't wait 6 years to make the call.

SCSTILLER
09-18-2008, 02:50 PM
It's Kordell Stewart all over again. Team has a great running game with a very good defense but a moron at QB. Give Childress credit that unlike Cowher he didn't wait 6 years to make the call.

Could not have said it better myself. Ugh, brings back BAD, BAD memories!

Edman
09-18-2008, 06:44 PM

Actually Kordell was benched in 2000 for... Kent Graham. That didn't go so well. You can't replace mediocrity with crap and expect better results. Boy, did the Steelers pay the price for neglecting the QB position in the 1990's.

For the Vikes sake, let's hope Frerotte isn't their Kent Graham. Even then, they still need to go after a QB next year. Jackson's confidence is probably shot and Frerotte is well over thirty.

Galax Steeler
09-19-2008, 03:33 AM

well said.:applaudit:

steelreserve
09-19-2008, 12:35 PM

The difference was that Stewart would have OK numbers and show just enough flashes of brilliance to make you think he had a chance to turn the corner. You could also be forgiven for thinking the team's problems at the start of his tenure were because we'd just lost Lloyd, Greene and Woodson on defense.

Right from the start, Jackson has been putting up shitty numbers and the Vikings haven't been winning. So that makes the decision a lot easier.

revefsreleets
09-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Peterson may not be playing, either. This could get plenty ugly for the Vikes...

lilyoder6
09-19-2008, 03:11 PM
the vikings were like god in the pre-season with that all powerful running game and that great d that added allen.. if they go 0-3 it won't be a very happy city up there