PDA

View Full Version : we are going to philly

billybob
09-18-2008, 03:36 AM
Head coach Mike Tomlin has never been there as a head coach for us. It is pure PA.He has never been there,never done that. HE WOULD BE TELLING A LIE. He would love to start out his season with a win-with-in-the state. Lets face it,if you ain't from Pa. you don't know what it is about.Bragging rights at the water cooler, sure we are not division rivals, but we still have history out the butt. I'm sure that i have enough space,but the time is limited to talk about the "Steagles" and things like that.
You have to go into this game thinking that Mike knows what is going on with in this state.Tomlin must bring his stuff to further create his credentials. He found a home here.He knows the history,and he made his home. But he really did not make it yet.
He has not really moved in yet. Does he want to stay? I think so. We all know the legacy of our team. I am sure that he went through that in the interview. I love the way he holds players out,because he does not need thier sevices at the time. But he does dress players as he sees fit. I f rushard and willie,start this game,it could be over quik.Eagles ain't got much film on what they do. I think that this is the game that Tomlin moves in!!!!!!! Welcome Mike!

DACEB
09-18-2008, 03:15 PM
How are you getting to Philly? Are you going in the MACH5?

I'm sure Tomlin will take the bus with the rest of the team.

memphissteelergirl
09-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Head coach Mike Tomlin has never been there as a head coach for us. It is pure PA.He has never been there,never done that. HE WOULD BE TELLING A LIE. He would love to start out his season with a win-with-in-the state. Lets face it,if you ain't from Pa. you don't know what it is about.Bragging rights at the water cooler, sure we are not division rivals, but we still have history out the butt. I'm sure that i have enough space,but the time is limited to talk about the "Steagles" and things like that.
You have to go into this game thinking that Mike knows what is going on with in this state.Tomlin must bring his stuff to further create his credentials. He found a home here.He knows the history,and he made his home. But he really did not make it yet.
He has not really moved in yet. Does he want to stay? I think so. We all know the legacy of our team. I am sure that he went through that in the interview. I love the way he holds players out,because he does not need thier sevices at the time. But he does dress players as he sees fit. I f rushard and willie,start this game,it could be over quik.Eagles ain't got much film on what they do. I think that this is the game that Tomlin moves in!!!!!!! Welcome Mike!

:uhh: Ummm....yeah OK.

MasterOfPuppets
09-18-2008, 03:31 PM
:uhh: Ummm....yeah OK.made my head hurt.....:popcorn:

Steelman16
09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Didn't he already move in? :chuckle:

fansince'76
09-18-2008, 04:25 PM
:wtf: :crazy01: :willy:

HometownGal
09-18-2008, 04:26 PM
http://www.dollreference.com/images/ideal_mortimer12snerd1938.jpg

Dodt
09-18-2008, 04:45 PM
ok ?

Stlrs4Life
09-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Don't care if Willy and Rashard start, if we don't contain McNabb, we are not winning on Sunday.

43Hitman
09-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Drunk posting should be illegal.

SteelMember
09-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Drunk posting should be illegal.:sofunny:

The eagles are green and have a wing on their helmet.:alcoholic

billybob
09-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Didn't he already move in? :chuckle:

My point is that he will begin to create his legacy this Sun. @4:15 at a place where we have not had too much success.He (Tomlin) must know what it means to win the water cooler rights. They are not a division rival, but this win could be big for the whole team! ( Hence really moving in) It was not a drunk post,but actually a condensed version of how i feel. Tomlin has not won the hearts of all the steeler nation! But a win here will earn him more respect from some of us that are not yet totally convinced. As far as i see it ,if our boy's win this game,Tomlin took a giant forward step in moving into a long term,and i do mean long.................term situation. (moving in) .Steeler fans are not always nice,or receptive,but they can be mean too!!!!! Hurricane Ben,and the Mach 5. What more could you ask for. Ben is more than "Big Ben". He has played in such hurricane games thus far that i think he deserves to be called "Hurricane Ben". The" Mach five" is a differrent story. That was just a nick-name i had for the offensive line that all the media and fans a-like were crushing on,before they even had a chance to prove themselves. Hence the choice of my avatar.

billybob
09-19-2008, 07:28 PM
How are you getting to Philly? Are you going in the MACH5?

I'm sure Tomlin will take the bus with the rest of the team.

No i am riding with racer X ! What a reply.

revefsreleets
09-19-2008, 07:30 PM
By the way, loved your work in "Sling Blade".

"French fried pertaters"

billybob
09-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Drunk posting should be illegal.

As should busting on a hard-core Steeler fan should be also.

billybob
09-19-2008, 07:36 PM
made my head hurt.....:popcorn:

Detatch the strings from your head,and you would not be a puppet anymore. Way to cut on somebody. WOW i missed this place?

Preacher
09-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Ah... Billybob...

you made quite a rep for yourself last time.

May I suggest you take a few and let people actually see you post for a while in a coherent manner.

I understand exactly what you are saying in your second post... though i disagree.

I don't think the Philly game is that important to Tomlin's career. He could lose that game 40 to 0, but win the SB this year and everything is ok. Heck, he could lose that game, and just go to the AFCCG and lose, and everything will be ok... for a while.

I think he would have been in more trouble had he lost to the Browns.

MasterOfPuppets
09-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Detatch the strings from your head,and you would not be a puppet anymore. Way to cut on somebody. WOW i missed this place?
wasn't cutting on you. just takin a jab at your post. sorry, but not all of us understand you when your typing in code.

billybob
09-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Ah... Billybob...

you made quite a rep for yourself last time.

May I suggest you take a few and let people actually see you post for a while in a coherent manner.

I understand exactly what you are saying in your second post... though i disagree.

I don't think the Philly game is that important to Tomlin's career. He could lose that game 40 to 0, but win the SB this year and everything is ok. Heck, he could lose that game, and just go to the AFCCG and lose, and everything will be ok... for a while.

I think he would have been in more trouble had he lost to the Browns.

I respect your point of view,but maybe you do not have as many Eagles friends as i do. Living in Pa. This game is important ,Tomlin has got to know what this game means to the organization. I realize that it is a non-conference game. But it can be a big win! It can be a showing of things to come.Tomlin is basically from the NFC. He is learning the tradition.He knew about it,but he never lived it. He is living it now. I live it every day. Steelers all the Way.

fansince'76
09-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Tomlin has not won the hearts of all the steeler nation.

So what? Cowher never did either.

tony hipchest
09-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Detatch the strings from your head,and you would not be a puppet anymore. Way to cut on somebody. WOW i missed this place?:tt: welcome back billybob! :tt:

eh, theres nothing wrong with being a "puppet" around here (i should know). :chuckle:

this very well could be a statement game for tomlin, although in my book he has already said all that needs to be said. except "mr. rooney, i present you with your 6th lombardi".

MACH1
09-19-2008, 08:22 PM
This isn't the superbowl!

I'll wait to fall in love with Tomlin after he wins one or a few.

tony hipchest
09-19-2008, 08:35 PM
This isn't the superbowl!

I'll wait to fall in love with Tomlin after he wins one or a few.c'mon MACH5 :doh:

...i mean Macho Uno. get with the program. its the Steaglebowl! :tt:

:chuckle:

MACH1
09-19-2008, 08:47 PM
c'mon MACH5 :doh:

...i mean Macho Uno. get with the program. its the Steaglebowl! :tt:

:chuckle:

:toofunny:

Hey...Isn't a Mach5 a razor. :chuckle:

billybob
09-19-2008, 10:50 PM

Kind of a bright statement. But you are free to state it!!!

billybob
09-19-2008, 10:53 PM

Where is Cower now???????

billybob
09-19-2008, 11:21 PM
After being reinstated,i do not wish to pick fights with any steel brothers,or sisters.This post was simply meant to put the in-state rivalry into the spot light. It is a pivotal game that may not make or break our season. That being said,i refuse to detract the importance of this game. A win is a win.The whole team could gain confidence with this game, as well as Tomlin! With the win ,we could go to Philly and start a new era.You guy's might play it off, but it is a big step to our team,showing our mettle. It is the difference of 3-0 or 2-1. The boy's have what it takes to carry this out!I I hope that they do. You have to have faith in your beliefs.

billybob
09-19-2008, 11:36 PM
:toofunny:

Hey...Isn't a Mach5 a razor. :chuckle:

Yes it is . It is history in the making. You have to start some where. Sunday @ 4:15 is a fine place to start. imo!

Stlrs4Life
09-19-2008, 11:40 PM
I can dig that. Hope it does turn out that way myself.

43Hitman
09-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Where is Cower now???????

On CBS, because he chose to.

And as far as the drunk posting thing. Why don't you try and read your posts sometime? They are very difficult to read. Sometimes you change thoughts right in the middle of a sentence. ehh whatever, it's not worth it.

billybob
09-20-2008, 12:03 AM
:tt: welcome back billybob! :tt:

eh, theres nothing wrong with being a "puppet" around here (i should know). :chuckle:

this very well could be a statement game for tomlin, although in my book he has already said all that needs to be said. except "mr. rooney, i present you with your 6th lombardi".

I'm hard-core and i will never change that.You are top notch in my book. I would not mind # 6. I take the heat here for a hard core fan. I just smelt it and make it even stronger. I'm not calling anyone out,but hey,steelers make a total statement in this game. All the way around.

billybob
09-20-2008, 12:20 AM
On CBS, because he chose to.

And as far as the drunk posting thing. Why don't you try and read your posts sometime? They are very difficult to read. Sometimes you change thoughts right in the middle of a sentence. ehh whatever, it's not worth it.

I do check out my posts each time i submit them. I stand behind them also. Why should a fellow steeler fan be so critical of my posts? I have read so many posts in this forum that seemed absurd to me , but did not go out of my way to make them feel unwanted. The Steelers are an important part of my life. I take them very seriously. I can live without you,but i refuse to live without my Steelers.

billybob
09-20-2008, 12:22 AM
I do check out my posts each time i submit them. I stand behind them also. Why should a fellow steeler fan be so critical of my posts? I have read so many posts in this forum that seemed absurd to me , but did not go out of my way to make them feel unwanted. The Steelers are an important part of my life. I take them very seriously. I can live without you,but i refuse to live without my Steelers.

This post is about going to philly!!!!!! not cutting on Billy!!!

MJ5150
09-21-2008, 02:46 AM
I dunno, I think the state rivalries are more of a college thing.

As long as we beat our division rivals this year, I wouldn't be all that bothered by losing to Philly. Besides, battling for your state supermacy is something teams that can't win the SB do...teams like Cincy and Cleveland.

-Mike

Galax Steeler
09-21-2008, 08:12 AM
We need to beat philly to see where we stand as a team if we beat them then we have a really good team.