PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back, Troy!

stillers4me
09-18-2008, 05:42 AM
Safety Troy Polamalu was named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Cleveland Browns.

Polamalu had a key interception with eight seconds remaining in the first half at the three-yard line, ending the Browns’ hopes to get on the board and protecting the Steelers 7-0 lead. Polamalu added four tackles, one for a loss, and two pass defenses.

While Polamalu appreciates the honor, it’s not something that he focuses on.

“Throughout the season it’s tough to dwell on these honors because the season moves so fast,” said Polamalu. “You look at a game and make corrections and move on to the next team. These types of honors go without too much notice from any player because the season is so fast and repetitive every week. You are always moving on.”

Polamalu has a knack for making big plays at key times and is always quick to give credit to others for helping him make those plays.

“There is a lot that goes in to somebody making a play,” he said. “It’s about coaches putting you in the right position, preparing you throughout the week and them helping you take care of body. There are so many factors and the outcome of it is what you see on the field and that is a very small part of it.”
http://news.steelers.com/article/96262/

It's good to have him back where he belongs! :applaudit:

Here's to staying to Troy staying healthy! :drink:

jjpro11
09-18-2008, 07:38 AM
he's playing like a defensive mvp candidate.. great to see that again.

fansince'76
09-18-2008, 08:54 AM
"His career's over." Wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard that over the last year or so. :coffee:

SCSTILLER
09-18-2008, 09:03 AM
I am glad Troy's back! Our defense is a much better unit when he is on the field, whether it be blitzing, run stop, or pass coverage. He makes the defense better!

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-18-2008, 09:11 AM
I am glad Troy's back! Our defense is a much better unit when he is on the field, whether it be blitzing, run stop, or pass coverage. He makes the defense better!

I agree, he looks healthy and is all over the field making plays. Its a good thing for the steelers, no matter if he gets this silly award or not.

lilyoder6
09-18-2008, 10:59 AM
nice to see troy back to his pro-bowl form.. just keep it up with some nice hits and more int

stillers4me
09-18-2008, 11:55 AM
This "silly award" wasn't voted on by the fans. It's league honor.

You can vote for the silly one at NFL.com.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-18-2008, 12:03 PM
This "silly award" wasn't voted on by the fans. It's league honor.

You can vote for the silly one at NFL.com.

My bad. I thought Patrick Willis and Justin Tuck had better games than Troy this weekend, but for just the AFC, he had as good a game as anybody.

Thanks. I'll go vote for Willis for the "silly" award.

Dizzle43
09-18-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm glad to see Troy back and making a difference for our defense. He will get a lot of chances this week against the Eagles as well. Let's hope for his continued success!

stillers4me
09-18-2008, 12:19 PM
My bad. I thought Patrick Willis and Justin Tuck had better games than Troy this weekend, but for just the AFC, he had as good a game as anybody.

Thanks. I'll go vote for Willis for the "silly" award.

Vote now.......vote often! It's the American way! :tt02:

Besides.....the FedEx award benefits the kids. Do it for the children!! :applaudit:

revefsreleets
09-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Told you guys, all he needed was to get back to all those whacked out crazy exercises he does. I don't get it, but it definitely works for him!

memphissteelergirl
09-18-2008, 02:30 PM
http://news.steelers.com/article/96262/

It's good to have him back where he belongs! :applaudit:

Here's to staying to Troy staying healthy! :drink:

I'll drink to that :drink:

I'm glad to see Troy back to his old self again. :thumbsup:

Steelman16
09-18-2008, 03:00 PM
So good to see The Hair back at his usual self! :applaudit: