PDA

View Full Version : Farrior fined for flipping the bird.....

stillers4me
09-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Steelers linebacker Farrior fined for obscene gesture
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, September 18, 2008

Steelers linebacker James Farrior has been fined $7,500 by the NFL for making an obscene finger gesture at Browns fans last Sunday.

Farrior made the gesture in the third quarter in of the Steelers' 10-6 win over Cleveland.

"I thought it was going to be more," Farrior said, "so I can't even complain."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_588932.html

Anybody want to start a collection to help him pay it? :sofunny:

Seriously, I'd prefer our guys have more self control.....these things could cost us a game someday.

But in this case, I'm willing to give him some slack. :flap:

fansince'76
09-18-2008, 02:10 PM
And fatass gets a pass for hitting Ben about 1/2 hour after he threw the ball and despite one of his teammates saying they were going to make late hits, fines be damned. Goodell sucks. :coffee:

revefsreleets
09-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Yup, seems fair. Farrior flips off a bunch of drunk and mindless idiots, and gets fined, meanwhile a 400 lb goon is trying to knock our 100 million dollar QB out of the game and gets....nothing.

Way to prioritize, NFL.

SteelMember
09-18-2008, 03:11 PM
And fatass gets a pass for hitting Ben about 1/2 hour after he threw the ball and despite one of his teammates saying they were going to make late hits, fines be damned. Goodell sucks. :coffee:

It's not that he just sucks, It's who he's sucking. :chuckle:

iloveben7
09-18-2008, 03:19 PM
yeah I agree about the cheap hit on Ben. and I don't understand why Woodley got a penalty on Anderson.

memphissteelergirl
09-18-2008, 03:23 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_588932.html

Anybody want to start a collection to help him pay it? :sofunny:

Seriously, I'd prefer our guys have more self control.....these things could cost us a game someday.

But in this case, I'm willing to give him some slack. :flap:

Hey, it was in Cleveland, right? :chuckle:

Yup, seems fair. Farrior flips off a bunch of drunk and mindless idiots, and gets fined, meanwhile a 400 lb goon is trying to knock our 100 million dollar QB out of the game and gets....nothing.

Way to prioritize, NFL.

Hear, here!

SCSTILLER
09-18-2008, 03:24 PM
I think this is ridiculous! I replayed game tape, he did not flip them off, he was only letting them know they are number one in his mind. Number one what, now that still needs to be determined.

CanadianSteel
09-18-2008, 03:52 PM
I didn't see this during the game and was really pissed they didn't show a reply of why Steelers had gotten a taunting penalty.
When I heard the reason I was like.. OH I see....

RunWillieRun
09-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Goodell's an effing joke...He talks about protecting QBs from hits like fatass Rodgers did but I guess he was only talking about QBs whose last names start with B or M

fansince'76
09-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Goodell's an effing joke...He talks about protecting QBs from hits like fatass Rodgers did but I guess he was only talking about QBs whose last names start with B or M

I'm still amazed the azzclown didn't ban Pollard for life and demand his first born child for "The Injury". :coffee:

HometownGal
09-18-2008, 04:23 PM
What a bunch of hooey. That hippo Rogers put a pre-game hit out on Ben and followed through with it and is given a free pass. Goodell is probably afraid that fat load would eat him. :pig::pig:

You tell 'em Jeff . . .

http://zuccarell.com/images/browns%20suck.jpg

klick81
09-18-2008, 04:32 PM
WTH is going on here??? I'm okay w/ the fine...but let's be fair here...Goodell's got a hard-on for someone here.

BurghZ0n3
09-18-2008, 04:44 PM
...maybe we just have to wait 'til the CLOWNS coming to HEINZ...and then, we might see "Roughing the Ref" or "Flipping the Ref's bird"....:noidea: :banging::banging::banging::tt:

Preacher
09-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Should Farrior have been fined for flipping off the fans. Yes. That ALSO explains the unsportsmanlike penalty that the Steelers received that some thought was bogus.

Like I said before, I thought this was a pretty well reffed game, EXCEPT for the disparity on the two quarterback hits.

And yes, babyfat should be fined heavily for that hit.

jjpro11
09-18-2008, 09:39 PM
i just hope our fans give the browns hell when they visit pittsburgh.. their fans cheered for our injured man and talked crap about hines' mom, which im guessing was unfortunately something racial.

Galax Steeler
09-19-2008, 03:40 AM
I just hope we will give them a bigger thumping in the next game and knock babyfat on his fat ass.

revefsreleets
09-19-2008, 10:27 AM
I think it's the last game of the season. The Browns will have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs for 8 weeks by that point, and, unless we are playing for home field, we'll be resting starters and stuff for a meaningless game.

Which we'll still win, of course, because, it is, after all, just the Browns.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Good on Farrior. I'm sure its a small price to pay for the principle of backing up your fellow player.

There are some classy Browns fans, but this just perpetuates my theory that most of the dog pounders are classless idiots.

RunWillieRun
09-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Farrior should send in his money with a picture of the late hit on Ben with the caption, "Where's Rogers' fine?"

PolamaluPower
09-19-2008, 02:50 PM
yeah I agree about the cheap hit on Ben. and I don't understand why Woodley got a penalty on Anderson.

Yeah...I'm still scratching my head on that one.

Preacher
09-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Farrior should send in his money with a picture of the late hit on Ben with the caption, "Where's Rogers' fine?"

Now THAT is a great idea.

lilyoder6
09-19-2008, 04:05 PM
that is a good idea.. i mean the coaches are supposed to send in tapes of plays they want the league to reveiw..

The Duke
09-19-2008, 04:17 PM

:applaudit:

that's just brilliant!!

jjpro11
09-19-2008, 04:27 PM
that is a good idea.. i mean the coaches are supposed to send in tapes of plays they want the league to reveiw..

i read that the steelers actually did.. yet no fine for rogers. pathetic.

steelpride12
09-20-2008, 01:17 PM
HAHAH wow i had no clue he even did that, but the great thing is his smart a$$ comment about it being less than he thought. Your the man Farrior ill pay for it lol!

Havik
09-21-2008, 12:38 AM
James Farrior has done 2 things that I could only dream of doing. He has made millions of dollars to do something he loves doing, and gave the finger to a stadium full of Browns fans.

lilyoder6
09-21-2008, 01:23 AM
a 7,500 dollar fine for farrior is prob nothing .. he did just got a contract extension and he prob had the money in his gym bag.. lol

jjpro11
09-21-2008, 02:11 AM
every time the steelers go to cleveland they own both the browns and their fans.. first it was james harrison slamming a douche bag browns fan, now farrior just tells them all to f*ck off. the browns already crawl into a fetal position when the steelers come to town, it looks like the fans are about to start doing the same thing. the browns and their fans have officially become the steelers little b!tches.