PDA

View Full Version : By Scouts Inc. ESPN: "Big Ben the NFL's heir apparent to Brady and Manning"

Steel_Bus_24
09-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Nice Article about Ben coming out on top over the other notables like Romo and Eli. If you click the link...theres more analysis as to why Ben is #1:tt02:....or #3:banging:....but we all know who's truly the best:tt02:

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0918/nfl_qb_580.jpg

"Tom Brady is out for the season with a knee injury, and Peyton Manning is not himself after missing the entire preseason with a knee problem of his own. So with the NFL's top two quarterbacks on the mend, which young signal-callers are poised to step into the void and take their games to the next level?

Scouts Inc.'s pro scouts debated that topic. They considered possibilities such as Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers, Cleveland's Derek Anderson and Buffalo's Trent Edwards. But the finalists had stronger résumés.

Our experts whittled the list down to five names: Denver's Jay Cutler, New York's Eli Manning, San Diego's Philip Rivers, Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger and Dallas' Tony Romo. From there, they sat down at the Scouts Inc. roundtable and took a vote on the best quarterback in that group.

Manning and Roethlisberger won points with their Super Bowl rings, Cutler and Romo were lauded for their physical skills and Rivers got credit for playing in last season's AFC championship game with a torn ACL. All have been impressive through the first two weeks of this season. Each scout ranked the list from 1 to 5 -- with five points awarded for a first-place vote, four for second, three for third, two for fourth and one for fifth -- and in the end, Big Ben's combination of size, arm strength, leadership skills and other intangibles gave him the slight edge over Eli Manning."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3594747

NJarhead
09-18-2008, 07:47 PM
:mad: F**K ESPN!!!! All of a sudden, because Tom Brady is injured and Peyton is "not himself" (which I don't happen to agree with) they want to jump on Bens bandwagon??? HELL NO!!! KEEP YOUR SORRY ASSES IN NEW ENGLAND WITH THE REST OF THE POSERS!!!! :banging: :tt02:

Dodt
09-18-2008, 07:52 PM
nice find. well they got to some where . what happend to all that hype they had for bush ,leinart and young.

stillers4me
09-18-2008, 07:59 PM
*gasp!* No Carson??????

GBMelBlount
09-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Props to Ben. Though I am slightly irritated that they feel Ben only has a "slight edge" over Manning. :bat:

GutterflowerSteel
09-18-2008, 08:13 PM
I liked what Jeremy Green said, in picking Ben over Eli:

I love the command Roethlisberger has over his offense. He's a leader on the field and a respected voice in the locker room. He's smart, mobile enough, has great size and a solid arm and shows excellent creativity and the ability to make all the throws. Total package. Roethlisberger is a winner whom any team could build around.

Even if I wasn't a Steelers fan, I'd want Big Ben for my qb :thmbup:

fansince'76
09-18-2008, 08:21 PM
F**K ESPN!!!!

What he said. :coffee:

Texasteel
09-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Props to Ben. Though I am slightly irritated that they feel Ben only has a "slight edge" over Manning. :bat:

I'm more than slightly irritated, Manning stinks the place up until he was 3 or 4 good games. Ben does it from the 1st year, with one off year because he almost get kill and a couple months later has a major operation. I'm surprise some of these idiots can spell the word football.
I don't know how, but I'm sure Pantywaist Goodell had something to do with this.

MasterOfPuppets
09-18-2008, 08:28 PM
manning wouldn't even be my 3rd choice let alone 1st.

1 ben
2 romo
3 cutler
4 manning
5 rivers

Leftoverhard
09-18-2008, 08:51 PM
I agree, Big Ben is much better than Manning. But we all know how bandwagon reporters are. As far as ALL NFL QB's go, Ben is all-around better than any of them. He is super-tough and can play hurt, tired, in the mud, however it happens. One of the reasons he's my favorite QB is because he's so under-rated. Go Ben!

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7140/bigbenfrankensteincolorpt4.gif (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bigbenfrankensteincolorpt4.gif) Image Hosting (http://www.picgames.com/forum/myspace-image-help.php)

BlackAndGold4Ever
09-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Living in Jersey I'm surrounded by Giants fans, and 98% of em thinks that Eli sucks too. He did come alive in the playoffs last year but what about the other 16 games? I say this not because I bleed black and gold but because I truly believe that Ben is the MAN! Heard alot of smack talk from my friends about how hes over rated and not worth the contract he received. BS he is worrth every penny and more

Edman
09-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Rivers, Ben, and Cutler are the only legitimate QB's in that group. Rivers is a world class prick, but he's pretty good.

Manning is a scattershot QB with Plax as a security blanket and Romo is a choke artist who rewarded the Philly Eagles with free points last Monday.

Anyway, F ESPN. Go back to slobbering Brady, Favre, and Matt Cassel. Keep trying to convince everyone that Vince Young is a legitimate NFL Quarterback when he's just another in a long line of "exciting" sandlot running QB's who amount to jack in the NFL.

jjpro11
09-18-2008, 09:33 PM
i already consider ben a more clutch qb than peyton manning. the only guy ahead of ben would be brady. only because he has won 3 super bowls and torched us nearly every time we have played.

lilyoder6
09-18-2008, 10:07 PM
the one guy said that winning is most important.. but he made ben 3 even tho he has the most wins... i think romo is a good qb with the talent around him.. he and the team just needs to step up and win a playoff game

steel striker
09-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Yeah they ought to renamne Espn to the all cheater network. They only mention Ben because, they have no choice in the matter. All Ben does is win and, just because he does not put up those fanasty numbers Ben gets overlooked. I would not trade ben for anyone and, I'm glad we have him.

I really think after the eagles game this week all of those so called experts will be trying to jump on the steeler bandwagon. We have a complete team here and, after sunday people will take notice.

Preacher
09-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Dang it... does this mean we can no longer fly "under the radar?"

:rofl:

Galax Steeler
09-19-2008, 03:51 AM

:rofl:

I believe that is what they are saying.

SteelMember
09-19-2008, 08:43 AM

:rofl::toofunny:

Just don't go lobbing any "camera" grenades and try to discredit perfection.:laughing:

ESPN the world leader for popularity contests. Silly jock sniffer, jocks are for junk.

FSUBoo
09-20-2008, 12:29 AM
I honestly think that Big Ben is the best QB in this class. He's had the best body of work, and wills his team to win in some games. I think that Romo is at best, a mediocre QB with great players around him. I'm not saying we don't have a good team around Ben, but put him on the Cowboys and Romo here, and Ben blows away Romo's numbers and Romo struggles to survive here.

NJarhead
09-20-2008, 12:53 AM
I honestly think that Big Ben is the best QB in this class. He's had the best body of work, and wills his team to win in some games. I think that Romo is at best, a mediocre QB with great players around him. I'm not saying we don't have a good team around Ben, but put him on the Cowboys and Romo here, and Ben blows away Romo's numbers and Romo struggles to survive here.

I mildly disagree. Did Romo come from that class too (too lazy to look it up myself)?

I rank them this way:

1). Ben

2). Romo

3). Eli

4). Rivers.

Ben keeps the play alive. He's a straight up balla (period).

Romo, is the same but I think has had some bad breaks and play calling.

Eli is a football player before he's an engineer (like his brother). If his name was Eli Smith, he'd be rated/respected as he should be. BTW - Super Bowl MVP.

Rivers I have NO respect for. Flashy, yet surrounded by talent.... and an overall asshole.

As usual, our front office didn't disappoint and drafted Ben. It shouldn't go unsaid that he's also a perfect fit in Pittsburgh.

Steelman16
09-20-2008, 02:30 AM
Glad the light has dawned for them.

Now back to going to Philadelphia.

steelpride12
09-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Good post. I think Ben his props with his all around ability. He is accurate, Big, Strong, Mobile and im sure the superbowl ring helps out. Ben is already a top 5 QB and after Manning and Brady are gone he will be the top QB no doubt in my mind.