PDA

View Full Version : Simmons could miss game

Stlrs4Life
09-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Steelers | Simmons could miss Week 3 game
Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:00:09 -0700

Ray Fittipaldo, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl) OG Kendall Simmons (http://www.kffl.com/player/5820/nfl) could miss the team's Week 3 game. His wife, Celesta, is due to give birth to the couple's third child Sept. 29. However, she has been a week or two early with the couple's previous two children. Simmons said he will return to Pittsburgh if Celesta goes into labor this weekend and is prepared to miss the game.

fansince'76
09-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Well, it won't be due to an injury if he does sit out at least.

MACH1
09-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Put a cork in her till monday. :wink02:

steelpride12
09-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Haha Simmonds we need you buddy, but if you can't make it good luck with the baby :)

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Move Colon to guard and put Starks in at tackle. Problem fixed.

OneForTheToe
09-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Not sure how much help Kendall would be in the delivery room since he hurt himself with ICE :doh:

But seriously, congrats to Kendall and his wife.:thumbsup:

Steelman16
09-20-2008, 03:30 PM
'Gratz on the baby Kendall, but might ya try to make it to the game?

Football comes before family life! :chuckle:

Preacher
09-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Congrats is in order....

I would be interested to see what our 7 mill. dollar man can do in his spot.

tony hipchest
09-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Congrats is in order....

I would be interested to see what our 7 mill. dollar man can do in his spot.stapelton is his backup and essex can play there too. the only way starks would see the field is if they shifted colon to rg and put starks at rt.

Preacher
09-20-2008, 03:56 PM
stapelton is his backup and essex can play there too. the only way starks would see the field is if they shifted colon to rg and put starks at rt.

That's my hope... I want to see Colon play at Guard. I think he would do a lot better without a lot of space....

lilyoder6
09-20-2008, 08:42 PM
i would hope they do something like that.. at least give starks some playing time to earn his 7 mill contract

Havik
09-20-2008, 11:58 PM
I hope that's not the case. Simmons has looked really good so far this year.

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2008, 12:13 AM
That's my hope... I want to see Colon play at Guard. I think he would do a lot better without a lot of space....has colon ever even taken any reps at guard?

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Is he out or not?? The article is from friday and says he might miss the game.

If he does, then its either Stapleton or Essex in his place. Not the best situation, but not the worst.

Your kid only gets born once in your lifetime, you probably play a football game hundreds of times....easy call.

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2008, 12:30 AM
Is he out or not?? The article is from friday and says he might miss the game.

If he does, then its either Stapleton or Essex in his place. Not the best situation, but not the worst.

Your kid only gets born once in your lifetime, you probably play a football game hundreds of times....easy call.geesh.....he's already got 2 !!! the novelty should've worn off by now.....:popcorn:

OneForTheToe
09-21-2008, 01:11 AM
geesh.....he's already got 2 !!! the novelty should've worn off by now.....:popcorn:

Yea, but if he doesn't show for this babies birth, he is unlikely to be granted any practice time for making a fourth .:wink02:

lilyoder6
09-21-2008, 01:16 AM
lol.. i would just tell her not to be early this time.. and actually have it on the due date

Galax Steeler
09-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Congrats is in order....

I would be interested to see what our 7 mill. dollar man can do in his spot.

Exactly time to see if he has earned his 7 mill.

Angina
09-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Put a cork in her till monday. :wink02:

Depending on the delivery, THAT could become a deadly projectile!!

:laughing:

Angina

revefsreleets
09-21-2008, 11:06 AM
I have several friends who swear up one side and down the other that Simmons is the cause of almost all our OL problems. So if he doesn't play, it'll be their chance to prove themselves right or wrong...

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-21-2008, 11:42 AM
I have several friends who swear up one side and down the other that Simmons is the cause of almost all our OL problems. So if he doesn't play, it'll be their chance to prove themselves right or wrong...

Yeah, I would actually like to see that and hear your friends reaction in that case.

I think he is actually a stable part of the o-line, but Simmons to me can be Jekyl and Hyde. He often looks like a solid OG, worthy of his 1st round selection, but when he misses an assignment....he does it in such a way that you cant help but notice it.

When he screws up, he looks like the Jack Tripper of the Steelers O-line.

steelpride12
09-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I would actually like to see that and hear your friends reaction in that case.

I think he is actually a stable part of the o-line, but Simmons to me can be Jekyl and Hyde. He often looks like a solid OG, worthy of his 1st round selection, but when he misses an assignment....he does it in such a way that you cant help but notice it.

When he screws up, he looks like the Jack Tripper of the Steelers O-line.

Exactly. Simmonds can either have an excellent game, but usually never gets credit especially when Faneca around. Id rather him play this game then move around our line im sure they didn't have many reps with the line all jacked up. so lets hope for the best.

SteelCityMan786
09-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Exactly. Simmonds can either have an excellent game, but usually never gets credit especially when Faneca around. Id rather him play this game then move around our line im sure they didn't have many reps with the line all jacked up. so lets hope for the best.

One thing I have learned about being an Offensive Linemen in today's Football(High School, but it's pretty much the case in College and the Pros), the only respect you'll get for doing something right, is from your coaches.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-21-2008, 02:11 PM
ya give starks some exercise

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-21-2008, 07:43 PM
So did Simmons show up? Or the rest of the o-line for that matter.:banging:

revefsreleets
09-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Simmons was responsible for more than one sack today.