PDA

View Full Version : There is absoutely no 2 ways about it..we have to beat the bengals

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2005, 12:42 AM
There is no bones about it, no second guesses, no nothing.. if we have any aspirations of getting a first round bye or even making the playoffs w/ any decent seed, we have absolutely gotta win this week.

Koopa
11-29-2005, 12:46 AM
if we don't beat the benglas, we might as well start talkin draft and free agents casue there will be no way in hell we can even get a wildcard

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2005, 12:49 AM
the AFC is just too tough to try and make anything unless u get a good seed and atleast a home playoff game if not a bye!

AvoidLLoyd95
11-29-2005, 12:55 AM
Need to win out for any chance at all.

Prosdo
11-29-2005, 12:57 AM
They better beat the Bengals because they just blew it big time!

BurghThing
11-29-2005, 01:12 AM
You really think this "offensive" line is going to beat anybody?

Eztarget
11-29-2005, 01:14 AM
If the Steelers had a guy like Chad Johnson our offense would be legit. Right now as good as Hines Ward is he's got NO speed. Randl El and Wilson are nothing more than 3rd down receivers. Until Ben can stretch a defense with a deep threat our offense is taking us no where.

Looks like Indy and Denver with the bye's, and the Steelers fighting for their playoff lives now.

Prosdo
11-29-2005, 01:14 AM
That offensive line is played terrible. They need to get their game together.

Koopa
11-29-2005, 01:15 AM
damn i hate maddox even more now cause if he didn't lose us the game against the jags and then **** up last week this loss would me jack shit

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2005, 01:15 AM
offensive line was terrible, running game was terrible, passing was terrible, game plan in general was terrible.

BurghThing
11-29-2005, 01:20 AM
If the Steelers had a guy like Chad Johnson our offense would be legit. Right now as good as Hines Ward is he's got NO speed. Randl El and Wilson are nothing more than 3rd down receivers. Until Ben can stretch a defense with a deep threat our offense is taking us no where.

Looks like Indy and Denver with the bye's, and the Steelers fighting for their playoff lives now.

Chad Johnson is an offensive lineman?

Eztarget
11-29-2005, 01:20 AM
damn i hate maddox even more now cause if he didn't lose us the game against the jags and then **** up last week this loss would me jack shit

Yep, Tommy Turnover is difference between us being 9-2 with a legit shot at the other bye spot and being a sh!tty 7-4!

Eztarget
11-29-2005, 01:21 AM
Chad Johnson is an offensive lineman?

He's also a receiver on the Bengals that lit up Indy last week.

Rotorhead
11-29-2005, 03:59 AM
Well technically, we still have a decent chance a wildcard if we lose to he Bungles (which I dont think we will). He have the head to head against the chargers and without leftwich i dont see jacksonville doing much. 5 losses could get us into the playoffs. But I would feel better with the AFC North Championship.

SteelerFanInATL
11-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Things will be in our favor this week. We beat Cincy in Cincy now they are comming to PGH. Thats a big plus for us. A win sunday will put us back on top. After that one game at a time so we can run the table.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Well technically, we still have a decent chance a wildcard if we lose to he Bungles (which I dont think we will). He have the head to head against the chargers and without leftwich i dont see jacksonville doing much. 5 losses could get us into the playoffs. But I would feel better with the AFC North Championship.
J' ville has a pretty easy scheudle, except for the Colts and could win 4 of 5 w/o Leftwitch. We can lose one more, but I hope its not to the Bungles!

HeroDecks
11-29-2005, 02:53 PM
There's no way in hell that the team I saw the last 2 weeks is going to beat the Bengals.

We played the Colts then Baltimore
You played Baltimore then the Colts
2 totally different style teams

Look what we did against each compared to what you did.
If your defense plays as well as they did last night, you may have a chance running on us
If we jump out to a quick lead and you have to pass. GOOD LUCK

Cincinnati is a lot better team than they were last time we played. The rain helped your team that last game and kept us from passing as much.

Your offensive line can't protect Ben (that's why he's so good after contact, he's used to it)
But we have some corners that can pick off passes, and if he's in a hurry to throw, especially being rusty, then watch out.

You better hope Chad and TJ drop some balls again or it's gonna be a long day!

SteelCityMan786
11-29-2005, 06:43 PM
There's no way in hell that the team I saw the last 2 weeks is going to beat the Bengals.

If your defense plays as well as they did last night, you may have a chance running on us

Cincinnati is a lot better team than they were last time we played. The rain helped your team that last game and kept us from passing as much.

Your offensive line can't protect Ben (that's why he's so good after contact, he's used to it)
But we have some corners that can pick off passes, and if he's in a hurry to throw, especially being rusty, then watch out.

You Better hope Hines doesn't have a big day and mocks your boy Chad again.

Ambridge
11-29-2005, 07:33 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again but losing to Baltimore was a bad loss going into the Indy game and IMO it's like a Tommy Maddox "Funk" has infected the whole team.

The Bengals have been playing pretty well the last few weeks while the Steelers seem to be on a slide which isn't a favorable set up for the Black-n-Gold this Sunday. If the Steelers come out with anything less than they did in the first meeting against Cincy then it's gonna be a long day.

steelersgirl86
11-29-2005, 07:43 PM

Come back and talk Sunday night after we beat you......:sign01: :sign09:

Indy52
11-29-2005, 07:59 PM
There is no bones about it, no second guesses, no nothing.. if we have any aspirations of getting a first round bye or even making the playoffs w/ any decent seed, we have absolutely gotta win this week.

Well I have to admit, you certainly have a firm grasp of the obvious.:rolleyes:

SteelersWyo
11-29-2005, 11:14 PM
If the Steelers lose to Cincy the playoffs are probably out of the picture. Being second in the division will kill us. Jacksonville and New England hold tie breaker advantages over us, and we hold one over San Diego. Only 2 wildcards get in and Jacksonville is 8-3 so we have to make up 2 games to get the spot away from them. New England is 6-5 and plays a week division and always seems to pull it out of their @ss. San Diego is 7-4, but if they get a game up on us we are screwed. We must win the division or we are done! 10-6 or 11-5 without the divisional crown might not get it done.

Atlanta Dan
11-29-2005, 11:46 PM
Steelers loss on Sunday means they then must win out to make playoffs. Assume the Colts beat the Chargers - that is 5 Chargers losses & we win the tiebreaker.

Give Jax the other wildcard (New England wins its division and will not be a wildcard) and you have to assume/hope Chiefs lose two of their last 5. Here are their last 5 - Denver, at Dallas, at Giants, Chargers, Bengals. There are at least 2 losses in there.

My greater concern is that the way this team is playing I do not see running the table after Cincy with Chicago, at Vikings, at Browns, and Lions to end season. Only sure win left is Detroit game on New Years Day.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-30-2005, 12:08 AM
NOPE....i think that if the steelers lose this sunday we are out of the playoffs....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2005, 01:20 AM
The key is we have got to get on a roll period.. we cant sneak into the playoffs and expect to do anything but get ousted pre maturely. We need to run the table, which will win us the division, hopefully a first round bye to get healthy and up w/ a revenge game against the colts..

the AFC is just too tough to try and sneak in and hope to do anything..

Rotorhead
11-30-2005, 01:57 AM
How do you not see us running the tables after Cincy, the only real challenge (barring the any given sunday scenerio) is the Bears because their D is pretty good. However so is our D and I think our offense (when it is working) is better than theirs. The rest of the games are definately winnable. Now that the rust is knocked off Ben our offense should be much improved for next week against the Bungles and clicking again against the Bears.

pitt
11-30-2005, 02:03 AM
If we lose to the Bengals we can kiss the entire season goodbye!