PDA

View Full Version : To the mods....

Preacher
09-21-2008, 07:23 PM
It is the first loss of the year... a hard one.

Good luck over the next 72 hours.

God Bless and remember to take cover when the big shells come whistling in!

Polamalu Princess
09-21-2008, 07:36 PM
The first loss is over - how painful. Hopefully this will kick their butts in gear for the rest of the season.

The Patriot
09-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Where's your karma now? :flap:

Polamalu Princess
09-21-2008, 07:37 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:Where's your karma now? :flap:

Preacher
09-21-2008, 07:37 PM

We lost to philly...

you lost to.... MIAMI :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-21-2008, 07:38 PM

Yeah. Coulda been worse. We could have lost to the Dolphins by 25.

SteelCityMan786
09-21-2008, 07:38 PM

Didn't you get beat 38-13 by a team who was winless???

Polamalu Princess
09-21-2008, 07:40 PM
We lost to philly...

you lost to.... MIAMI :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am with you on that one!!!!!:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
09-21-2008, 07:44 PM
God bless the mods. :tt02:

im sure a bunch of funny pictures are stored (by all of our members) in the artillery though.

maybe one of bens (or mcnabbs) face superimposed on an image of Christ, or something :thumbsup:

Stlrs4Life
09-21-2008, 07:46 PM
The first loss is over - how painful. Hopefully this will kick their butts in gear for the rest of the season.

Well, with this OL, it will not be the last, fortunately.

The Patriot
09-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Didn't you get beat 38-13 by a team who was winless???

...kind of. :uhh:

fansince'76
09-21-2008, 07:48 PM

At least we didn't give up 38 and lose by 25 to a team that had won 1 game out of its last 17 in our own backyard.

revefsreleets
09-21-2008, 07:49 PM
The season is over!
The Steelers need to fire: All the coaches
The World is ending!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

(I don't even think I'll go over to the football side...the general idiocy after any and every loss is like watching Paris Hilton discuss Euclidean Geometry)

fansince'76
09-21-2008, 07:52 PM
The season is over!
The Steelers need to fire: All the coaches
The World is ending!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

(I don't even think I'll go over to the football side...the general idiocy after any and every loss is like watching Paris Hilton discuss Euclidean Geometry)

I've been over there - that comparison is giving them too much credit.

The Patriot
09-21-2008, 07:54 PM
At least we didn't give up 38 and lose by 25 to a team that had won 1 game out of its last 17 in our own backyard.

And let three players individually rush for a 100 yards each. Atleast you didn't do that.

Preacher
09-21-2008, 07:55 PM
God bless the mods. :tt02:

im sure a bunch of funny pictures are stored (by all of our members) in the artillery though.

maybe one of bens (or mcnabbs) face superimposed on an image of Christ, or something :thumbsup:

That one really got to you eh?

Here... let me put some balm on that

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/G/bush_jesus_christ.jpg

Preacher
09-21-2008, 07:56 PM
I've been over there - that comparison is giving them too much credit.

:rofl:

Which is why I started this thread to wish you all luck... and hope that the both of you are alive..............and sane come next week!! :wink02:

revefsreleets
09-21-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm guessing we're going 2-14 this year, right?

tony hipchest
09-21-2008, 08:00 PM
That one really got to you eh?

Here... let me put some balm on that

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/G/bush_jesus_christ.jpg

YEAH!

*nuts revealed and balls exposed*

feels so good.... :thumbsup:

MACH1
09-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Yep....Good luck Mods. Its going to be a long week.

fansince'76
09-21-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm guessing we're going 2-14 this year, right?

Yeah, thereabouts.

Preacher
09-21-2008, 08:10 PM
YEAH!

*nuts revealed and balls exposed*

feels so good.... :thumbsup:

This sure is starting to sound like a Browns' forum.

revefsreleets
09-21-2008, 08:14 PM
I posted a couple positive thing here and their. Stayed out of the OL thread, and I wouldn't touch the Gameday thread with Bill Belichick's long zoom camera.

Preacher
09-21-2008, 08:17 PM
I posted a couple positive thing here and their. Stayed out of the OL thread, and I wouldn't touch the Gameday thread with Bill Belichick's long zoom camera.

LOL...

there is a couple decent threads in the Steelers section.

On on the D and I started one about Troy.

SteelersMongol
09-21-2008, 10:27 PM

Seriously, after with all these talk in here, U still have no clue what Karma means, do ya? :banging:

...kind of. :uhh:

Clueless? :doh:

Steelman16
09-22-2008, 12:56 AM
Not to be a snob here, but...

What's with the splurge of new members that are Steelers fans in the wake of our loss to Philly? And them comin' in and their first handful of posts calling for Arians' head, and whoever else needs the Guilotine?

:noidea:

But anyway, good luck to ya'll Mods. Heaven knows you'll need some extra help keeping sane.

HometownGal
09-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Not to be a snob here, but...

What's with the splurge of new members that are Steelers fans in the wake of our loss to Philly? And them comin' in and their first handful of posts calling for Arians' head, and whoever else needs the Guilotine?

:noidea:

But anyway, good luck to ya'll Mods. Heaven knows you'll need some extra help keeping sane.

It's the SOS, DD in that regard, Steelman. Gary and I are used to it.

What a few people aren't getting around here is that we don't ban people for shits and giggles. Nothing could be farther from the truth. We have a forum COC which most people who register fail to read before they start shooting their poison darts. Gary and I let a lot of stuff go and we don't play faves. Hell - I've had to infract some of my closest friends here from time to time and being the stand-up folks they are, they understood why.

What torques me off more than anything is that those who take shots at Gary and I for doing our jobs are those who haven't contributed one damned dime to this board to keep it running and updated. In essence, all of us who have contributed are paying for them to attack us and others and that's unacceptable and utter BS. :mad:

I was in Dover, DE all weekend for the NASCAR race and didn't get back until late yesterday afternoon. Poor Gary had to man this ship alone while I was gone and I give him all the kudos in the world for dealing with the barrage of grim reapers and internet bullies who swooped on in for the kill after the Steelers loss to the Eagles on Sunday. :drink::applaudit:

Being a Mod can more often than not be a very thankless job but we've both received a helluva lot more high fives than thumbs down from our members here at SF and we both knew when we were asked to moderate the board what we were in store for.

Losing sucks, but I don't think anyone who paid attention to the Steelers schedule this season or the positional issues that we knew existed ever thought they were going to go undefeated. A loss was going to happen sometime and there are going to be more losses down the road unfortunately. I'm over it and looking forward to the MNF game against the Rats. :tt02::tt03:

Hammer67
09-23-2008, 09:08 AM
*sigh*......Noobs.

Preacher
09-23-2008, 05:09 PM
It's the SOS, DD in that regard, Steelman. Gary and I are used to it.

What a few people aren't getting around here is that we don't ban people for shits and giggles. Nothing could be farther from the truth. We have a forum COC which most people who register fail to read before they start shooting their poison darts. Gary and I let a lot of stuff go and we don't play faves. Hell - I've had to infract some of my closest friends here from time to time and being the stand-up folks they are, they understood why.

What torques me off more than anything is that those who take shots at Gary and I for doing our jobs are those who haven't contributed one damned dime to this board to keep it running and updated. In essence, all of us who have contributed are paying for them to attack us and others and that's unacceptable and utter BS. :mad:

I was in Dover, DE all weekend for the NASCAR race and didn't get back until late yesterday afternoon. Poor Gary had to man this ship alone while I was gone and I give him all the kudos in the world for dealing with the barrage of grim reapers and internet bullies who swooped on in for the kill after the Steelers loss to the Eagles on Sunday. :drink::applaudit:

Being a Mod can more often than not be a very thankless job but we've both received a helluva lot more high fives than thumbs down from our members here at SF and we both knew when we were asked to moderate the board what we were in store for.

Losing sucks, but I don't think anyone who paid attention to the Steelers schedule this season or the positional issues that we knew existed ever thought they were going to go undefeated. A loss was going to happen sometime and there are going to be more losses down the road unfortunately. I'm over it and looking forward to the MNF game against the Rats. :tt02::tt03:

I noticed you weren't posting over the last few days, I was a bit worried and said a couple prayers for ya... Glad to hear it was because you were enjoying yourself on a vacation!!

And to Gary.. :hatsoff: over the last couple of days!!

Thanks to you both.

Dino 6 Rings
09-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Hey mods, can I have a Ban Hammer. That would be sweet. I'd be smashing trolls over the head all day.

I guess I could just call them on their BS though.

HometownGal
09-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Thanks guys for making me :toofunny:! I needed that!

Gary and I cover each other when we remember that we have lives outside of this board. :wink02::chuckle: I feel we have a great nucleus of members here at SF and some of the newbs who have joined have contributed nicely. You people are what makes SF truly the best Steelers site on the planet! :drink: