PDA

View Full Version : Ravens D

steelpride12
09-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Ok Ben got killed today and our offensive line did terrible F- against an eagles D.
Next week we play the Ravens D and i know everyone didn't forget the beatings 2 years ago with an almost identical o-line.
Im not gonna lie im nervous i cant see even a good week of practice can ready a line that bad. What do you think?

tony hipchest
09-21-2008, 06:35 PM
i think this thread will get moved to the nfl forum, thanks to the title....

19ward86
09-21-2008, 06:37 PM
we need to establish a run game and stop blocking like pussies. we also need to get the ball out of ben's hand a lot faster.

Edman
09-21-2008, 06:37 PM
I'll go on record that the Ravens will tally five sacks next week.

NV STEELERS 723
09-21-2008, 06:39 PM
I think our O line sucks!

Stlrs4Life
09-21-2008, 06:48 PM

I can see that, and spot you 1, i go for 6.

ricksteelers55
09-21-2008, 06:48 PM
didnt we draft a RB to compensate for the OL ? (to give Ben more weapons as Tomlin said after the draft) then why arent we giving the guy some carries for god sakes willie got something like 2 yds/carry i dont think it could have been worse

steelpride12
09-21-2008, 06:50 PM
YA all season long the team swears to improve the OL and instead we go with a running back we barely use and the first linemen we get isn't till the 4th round and of course he doesn't play!? WTF!

fansince'76
09-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Same D we smoked for 5 TD passes in the 1st half last year at home?

revefsreleets
09-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Our defense is MUCH better than Baltimore's.

Preacher
09-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Same D we smoked for 5 TD passes in the 1st half last year at home?

good point.

But I think Philly just laid out a game plan that every team with a decent D will follow until we prove we can stop them.

Steel_Bus_24
09-21-2008, 07:12 PM
good point.

But I think Philly just laid out a game plan that every team with a decent D will follow until we prove we can stop them.

And Balt was missing both their starting CBs if I recall

steelpride12
09-21-2008, 07:37 PM
And Balt was missing both their starting CBs if I recall

Exaclty. Now there a healthy team the only prob. is i think we can hold there offense to about maybe 10 points. Flacco has not seen much pressure this year and he is fresh meat to a steelers defense.

We have to make the game plan for short, quick passes and the line must wake up. Sure we burnt them last year, but this is for division rights. There 2-0 and were 2-1 it means something and they will be looking for Ben's head.

stillers4me
09-21-2008, 07:48 PM

You mean 5 sacks per quarter, right? :banging:

St33lersguy
09-21-2008, 08:05 PM
You mean 5 sacks per quarter, right? :banging:

You took the words right out of my mouth.
If I'm Rex Ryan I would be wishing the game was tommorow.

lilyoder6
09-21-2008, 08:05 PM
or maybe 5 sacks for the 1st five pass plays we attept.. lol..

they just need to forget about this and go back to basics

St33lersguy
09-21-2008, 08:10 PM
YA all season long the team swears to improve the OL and instead we go with a running back we barely use and the first linemen we get isn't till the 4th round and of course he doesn't play!? WTF!

I know. Does the team even care about their OL?? Do they even care that Ben's career could get shortened because of this?? Hopefully nextoffseason the teram cares about it's OL but I'm sure they will be to concerned about getting another RB or WR they never use or maybe a LB they never use.

St33lersguy
09-21-2008, 08:13 PM
How about atleast one raven atleast gets within striking distance of Michael Strahan's NFL record 22.5 sacks in a single season if not break the record.

stillers4me
09-21-2008, 08:17 PM
I hate seeing the talent on this team being wasted. Our D is among the best in the league, if not the best. Troy, Harrison, Woodley, Aaron Smith....... then Ben and the receiving corp, Heath Miller........so much potential, all champions by themselves. Then to watch all their talent mean nothing while a 100 million dollar man is laying on the bottom of a pile of defensive lineman is pathetic.

I'm not jumping off the bandwagon.....never jumped on it in the first place. It's just gone beyond obvious that somethings gotta be done.

klick81
09-21-2008, 08:29 PM
I hate seeing the talent on this team being wasted. Our D is among the best in the league, if not the best. Troy, Harrison, Woodley, Aaron Smith....... then Ben and the receiving corp, Heath Miller........so much potential, all champions by themselves. Then to watch all their talent mean nothing while a 100 million dollar man is laying on the bottom of a pile of defensive lineman is pathetic.

I'm not jumping off the bandwagon.....never jumped on it in the first place. It's just gone beyond obvious that somethings gotta be done.

+1

The lack of action to fix the line is beyond me. I was impressed with their performance the last two weeks, but the defenses they played against were suspect at best.

Galax Steeler
09-22-2008, 03:49 AM
I think some adjustments will be made before next week we couldn't play no worse then we did last night.

stlrtruck
09-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Not every game is going to be perfect and we're going to have bad games. Yesterday was a bad game. But to think that the ratbirds are going to do the same thing I think is a bit overboard.

Edman
09-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Give me a good reason the Ratbirds will NOT rack up their sack totals and probably send Ben to the hospital next Monday. They're an aggressive blitzing Defense, just like the Eagles. And they have Haloti Ngata in the middle. Great inspiring confidence for this O-Line.

I'll up the ante and say the Ravens D will repeat their 2006 performance against the Steelers. And we'll hear douchebag Scott brag about another Ben hit.

Penn St Steelers
09-22-2008, 11:37 AM
playing at home will combat alot of mistakes imho by the OL yesterday, (as we all know crowd noise can mess up alot of schemes for the OL) and while the Ravens are a D' very similar to the Eagles I also think that some adjustments will be made and we'll see a different team come Monday Night against Bmore.....there will be some sacks but not like yesterday imo......

and by the way Faggo their new QB hasn't seen a D' like our's either, trust me I think we see a outcome like yesterday come MOnday night but by our D' to the Ravens Offense......:tt03:

trust me I've already heard from the peanut gallery here at work (I work in Bmore) and by my Father In Law who's a huge Ratbird fan of how I think the Eagles placed a butt kicking on us yesterday wait till Monday Night when they do....ain't happening as I tell them....

moedap
09-22-2008, 01:55 PM
The Ravens LB's are slower than the Eagles so no they wont give the same type of pressure the Eagles gave. Plus Ben usually does better when he has seen something twice.

steelpride12
09-22-2008, 06:36 PM
The Ravens defense is more of a slower, more aggressive defense where the eagles are quicker and get to the ball. Hopefully this will mean Ben will have SOME extra time in the pocket where we can pick the defense apart.

lilyoder6
09-22-2008, 06:40 PM
i think that the ravens d-line is not as quick as the eagles are..

SunshineMan21
09-22-2008, 10:46 PM
didnt we draft a RB to compensate for the OL ? (to give Ben more weapons as Tomlin said after the draft) then why arent we giving the guy some carries for god sakes willie got something like 2 yds/carry i dont think it could have been worse

The idea of drafting more skill position players to compensate for a poor O-Line doesn't have much credibility . . . if you have a bunch of great receivers and no O-Line then you're the Lions, not a good team.

We drafted Mendenhall because he was head and shoulders the best player available at our draft slot, and we would have had to trade up a ton to get a good lineman (how does Gosder Cherilus look these days?). Obviously, everyone would have preferred getting a tackle or guard in the first round, but people have to acknowledge that we would either have had to make some concessions to trade up or settled for the mediocre prospects available after the rush on lineman that ended with Detroit.

That's not to say that our current O-Line is acceptable--it isn't--but it isn't entirely the FO's fault.

nicesteel4life
09-22-2008, 11:37 PM
There is so many on this board that are complete wagon jumpers, please get off at the last bump in the road and dont get back on. The comments over one bad game are insane! The sadiest part is that most that are totaling ripping THERE team are high posters here. You should be ashamed of yourselfs for wearing black n gold in the first place. If this is the type of loyality you show to the Steelers, I'm really glad I'm not your dog that pissed on your floor once. Were 2-1 not 0-3 or even 1-2. There is time to correct the mistakes. Yes the line looked bad, but if I went back and read posts from most of you after last Sundays win the mood was totally diffrent. Please dont call yourselfs LOYAL Steelers fans, you make us look bad....Just my 2 cents, like it or bleed new colors....

Crow-Magnon
09-23-2008, 06:05 PM
The Ravens LB's are slower than the Eagles so no they wont give the same type of pressure the Eagles gave. Plus Ben usually does better when he has seen something twice.

The Ravens D is better than the Eagles this year. Ask Palmer and Anderson.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-23-2008, 06:10 PM
The Ravens D is better than the Eagles this year. Ask Palmer and Anderson.

Why would I ask 2 QB's that are a combined 0-6 anything, other than if they have a good tee time booked for January??

Rotorhead
09-23-2008, 06:19 PM
I don't think the Ravens will change their Def to match the Eagles just because last game. They are not as fast for one, and they have a good def as it stands. I hope our Oline feels like they have something to prove and at least makes the rushers go around them on their way to Ben. I think this will be a Def game, but I believe our Def is better than the Ravens is. We will win by a TD (a Def TD)

steelpride12
09-23-2008, 08:45 PM
There is so many on this board that are complete wagon jumpers, please get off at the last bump in the road and dont get back on. The comments over one bad game are insane! The sadiest part is that most that are totaling ripping THERE team are high posters here. You should be ashamed of yourselfs for wearing black n gold in the first place. If this is the type of loyality you show to the Steelers, I'm really glad I'm not your dog that pissed on your floor once. Were 2-1 not 0-3 or even 1-2. There is time to correct the mistakes. Yes the line looked bad, but if I went back and read posts from most of you after last Sundays win the mood was totally diffrent. Please dont call yourselfs LOYAL Steelers fans, you make us look bad....Just my 2 cents, like it or bleed new colors....

Hey nothing to do with this thread of course, but well put my friend i agree in all aspects the bandwagoners plug the true fans away with their negativity, but i guess the best thing is to just ignore them! :banging:

lilyoder6
09-23-2008, 08:55 PM
i think that with willie not being active for this game.. we could poss see sweed be active for the 1st time this yr... we might be a lil pass happy, but i would like to see mendenhall have a good game maybe 100 yrds

WWIIOwheelz
09-23-2008, 09:32 PM
We'd better have a sound plan of action for addressing the horrific shortcomings of the last game, that's for certain. Every division game is so, SO important.

In other news, I made a $20 gentleman's bet with an old friend who is a rabid Ravens fan before the season on this coming game. That $20 bet with pride on the line is worth far, far more than face value. If I lose, I have to send a Terrible Towel along with it for him to have in his trophy room, and he promises something of equal value in return if they lose. I've had the date circled since July.

No Willie or Hamp! *cries*

Crow-Magnon
09-23-2008, 09:40 PM
We'd better have a sound plan of action for addressing the horrific shortcomings of the last game, that's for certain. Every division game is so, SO important.

In other news, I made a $20 gentleman's bet with an old friend who is a rabid Ravens fan before the season on this coming game. That $20 bet with pride on the line is worth far, far more than face value. If I lose, I have to send a Terrible Towel along with it for him to have in his trophy room, and he promises something of equal value in return if they lose. I've had the date circled since July.

I have zero idea what he will have that will be the equal of the TT.

cubanstogie
09-23-2008, 09:42 PM

lucky for you the Ravens have to score to win. I don't see them scoring over 10. I think our defense will actually score next week, or special teams. I see a big win, 27-6 Steelers. I could see a shut out as well.

Crow-Magnon
09-23-2008, 09:47 PM
lucky for you the Ravens have to score to win. I don't see them scoring over 10. I think our defense will actually score next week, or special teams. I see a big win, 27-6 Steelers. I could see a shut out as well.

Ravens fans can see the same thing. Our defense or special teams will score and maybe shut the Steelers out.

Well, the shut out is a litte far-fetched. :laughing:

WWIIOwheelz
09-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I have zero idea what he will have that will be the equal of the TT.

There is no equal, but this guy would think of something good, I'm sure. :) We're always talking up our teams, starting with training camp, and this year was no different. I was a little overconfident, as good as camp looked.

I'm still confident, but that Eagles game was awful. I'm hoping our guys will be motivated after being a little embarrassed on the offensive side of the ball. The rookie QB should see some interesting Labeau twists.

tony hipchest
09-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Ravens fans can see the same thing. Our defense or special teams will score and maybe shut the Steelers out.

Well, the shut out is a litte far-fetched. :laughing:really? what does the ravens defense plan on doing differently from the monday night game last year?

Crow-Magnon
09-23-2008, 10:00 PM
There is no equal, but this guy would think of something good, I'm sure. :) We're always talking up our teams, starting with training camp, and this year was no different. I was a little overconfident, as good as camp looked.

I'm still confident, but that Eagles game was awful. I'm hoping our guys will be motivated after being a little embarrassed on the offensive side of the ball. The rookie QB should see some interesting Labeau twists.

I have no no doubt that Flacco is going to have his eyes opened in this game. This will be his true "welcome to the NFL, college boy!" game.

But I'll give him this: had things went according to plan, he'd be on the sidelines holding a clipboard watching Boller, or Troy Smith, running the offense. But Boler went down for the count in the pre-season and Smith has been sidelined for weeks due to a nasty case of tonsilitis. For being thrust into the position as the starting QB, he's done OK so far. Great? Let's not be crazy. But better than I hoped for for a noob out of Delaware.

The big surprise is the O line. Everyone figured that with Ogden's departure (how does a team replace J.O.?) that the O line was going to stink up the joint. But Gaither has been a stud and the rest of the line has kept Flacco protected and opened up some big holes for Rice, McClain and McGahee.

It really sucks that it's only Tuesday!