PDA

View Full Version : Who gets your game losing ball?

NV STEELERS 723
09-21-2008, 07:37 PM
I know we win as a team and lose as a team, but after watching this game I can't help but be embarrassed by our offensive line play...there are some high school teams here around Vegas that give their QB more time to throw! of course I'm just upset, but c-mon...this is not how you treat your $102 million dollar QB who in every interview comments how well his line plays... Big Ben its time for you to call them out...say
" they played like shit" , and " I had no protection because my offensive line did not give me time" quit taking it on the shoulders big Ben...most of it is their fault...Big Ben is the NFL's finest QB...but I wonder how he'll be able to walk week after week :noidea:after trying to pass with this horrible OF Line !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelpride12
09-21-2008, 07:39 PM
My game losing balls goes to Troy, Woodley and the Defense who truly kept it a 4 point game for about two quarters and played there hearts out!

SteelCityMan786
09-21-2008, 07:39 PM
The Entire O-Line gets my kick in the arse today.

Steel_Bus_24
09-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Jeff....great kick

followed closely by Troy

Feel Bad for the D today

fansince'76
09-21-2008, 07:40 PM
I still think the D played a very good game overall. Wish they would have had some help.

NV STEELERS 723
09-21-2008, 07:42 PM
The thread is game losing ball...who lost it for us...not who kept the game close.

Edman
09-21-2008, 07:42 PM
The Offensive Line.

Stlrs4Life
09-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Anybody but Larry Zielen and our OL.

steelpride12
09-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Colon

gobig99
09-21-2008, 07:45 PM
i blame it on the coaches and the offensive period! The gameplan was horrible and they should have done more rollouts and bootlegs for Ben atleast in the 2nd half. Everyone knew coming into the game that the Eagles were going to bring the heat! The offense looked flat and the Oline was just standing there in the middle some plays. It was a disgusting game to watch.

VegasStlrFan
09-21-2008, 07:49 PM
anyone on the Oline

NV STEELERS 723
09-21-2008, 07:55 PM
i blame it on the coaches and the offensive period! The gameplan was horrible and they should have done more rollouts and bootlegs for Ben atleast in the 2nd half. Everyone knew coming into the game that the Eagles were going to bring the heat! The offense looked flat and the Oline was just standing there in the middle some plays. It was a disgusting game to watch.

I totally agree...I don't understand how they just let Ben stand in the pocket and get slapped every play...roll out..do some no huddle, keep them off balanced....horrible game plan STEELER coaches..

chucoblack&gold
09-21-2008, 07:57 PM
I know we win as a team and lose as a team, but after watching this game I can't help but be embarrassed by our offensive line play...there are some high school teams here around Vegas that give their QB more time to throw! of course I'm just upset, but c-mon...this is not how you treat your $102 million dollar QB who in every interview comments how well his line plays... Big Ben its time for you to call them out...say
" they played like shit" , and " I had no protection because my offensive line did not give me time" quit taking it on the shoulders big Ben...most of it is their fault...Big Ben is the NFL's finest QB...but I wonder how he'll be able to walk week after week :noidea:after trying to pass with this horrible OF Line !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You summed it up. The line needs to protect the franchise quarterback. If Cowher were around he'd be in the O lines face spitting his life away at their pathetic performance.:shout:

MACH1
09-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Sweed...:chuckle:

The o-line gets docked a weeks pay

The Duke
09-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Sweed...:chuckle:

yeah, he should be starting :rolleyes:

St33lersguy
09-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Anyone who took a snap on our sorry ass OL and any steeler coach involved with the Offense in any way shape or form for not only the bad gameplan but for keeping king butterfingers (Nate Washington) instead of Sweed and not playing Mendy much

The Duke
09-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Anyone who took a snap on our sorry ass OL and any steeler coach involved with the Offense in any way shape or form for not only the bad gameplan but for keeping king butterfingers (Nate Washington) instead of Sweed and not playing Mendy much

how many passes did nate drop today? I saw zero

hines and santo both dropped one though

sweed isn't ready

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-21-2008, 08:20 PM
I saw the game ball goes to Ben... How did he not flip out on his o-line during the game??

St33lersguy
09-21-2008, 08:20 PM
The administration for not upgrading the OL by signing whatever's left of the OL from the 70s :chuckle:

revefsreleets
09-21-2008, 08:21 PM
What happened to the running game? I thought that was our strength? I'll say two things and then I'm done:

-The opening series we ran was the best play calling I've seen from Arians, and it was a shame we didn't punch it in for a TD.

-Then it was almost like we either panicked or stuck with a gameplan that was failing. We got away from running until the first series of the second half, and by then everyone knew we were going to run anyway. Why? We were in the game the whole way.

Why did we abandon the run so early in this game?

Shoes
09-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Ben will say the O Line did a great job again :chuckle::chuckle:

St33lersguy
09-21-2008, 08:26 PM
What happened to the running game? I thought that was our strength? I'll say two things and then I'm done:

-The opening series we ran was the best play calling I've seen from Arians, and it was a shame we didn't punch it in for a TD.

-Then it was almost like we either panicked or stuck with a gameplan that was failing. We got away from running until the first series of the second half, and by then everyone knew we were going to run anyway. Why? We were in the game the whole way.

Why did we abandon the run so early in this game?

Because Bruce Arians has the IQ of a f***in lima bean and Tomlin (there I say it) doesn't have the smarts Noll and Cowher had to reject Arians stupidity

fansince'76
09-21-2008, 08:28 PM
you wait until your knee is on the ground in the end zone before you throw the ball away? THROW IT AWAY!

He did throw it away! Guess what? Intentional grounding and a safety anyway!

Tankus_Maximus
09-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Did we EVEN have an O-Line out there? Everytime the ball was snapped there was an Eagle in the backfield or in Ben's face.

The O-Line lost us this game, period.

St33lersguy
09-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Offensive line, not only for convincing the fans to write letters to Dermonti Dawson pleading him to come back and making the administration look stupid for not trying to resigning Faneca but also for injuring our franchise player and putting us at risk to go with a jagwad castoff with injury problems. Who puts their money on Dennis Dixon starting a game this season due to Ben and Byron being injured from all the sacks

Havik
09-21-2008, 08:35 PM
The offensive line. Colon and Smith were terrible, Kemoeatu drew a couple penalties, and the interior looked helpless. Coach Zierlein should be fired not next week, next month, or at the end of the season, but today. I really think this game will make it apparent to Tomlin and the front office that improving the o-line must take priority in the offseason.

mostincredible_1043
09-21-2008, 09:56 PM
o line failed epically 2day

NV STEELERS 723
09-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Offensive line, not only for convincing the fans to write letters to Dermonti Dawson pleading him to come back and making the administration look stupid for not trying to resigning Faneca but also for injuring our franchise player and putting us at risk to go with a jagwad castoff with injury problems. Who puts their money on Dennis Dixon starting a game this season due to Ben and Byron being injured from all the sacks
Dennis Dixon.........
Yep...here we go Kordell , here we go!

SteelersJW
09-21-2008, 10:00 PM
If this is for the player who sucked it up the most today, I'm going with Colon.

iloveben7
09-21-2008, 11:08 PM
the game losing ball goes too.....

the offensive line. Wow what a surprise???

I don't know how people are blaming Ben for this game at all.

BlackAndGold4Ever
09-22-2008, 12:35 AM
The O line was terrible last year, terrible today. We need to resolve this asap or else its gonna be a very long painful season

Galax Steeler
09-22-2008, 04:56 AM
Deffinetly the offensive line will get the game loosing ball.

Michael Keller
09-22-2008, 05:46 AM
I would deflate the ball and attach to it a severance check and give it to Bruce Arrian the dim witted offensive coordinator . Terrible play calling , we saw it last year and here we go again. Tomlin has to take some heat also for not kicking the field goal when it was 4th and 10.

millwalldavey
09-22-2008, 06:46 AM
I go with Kemoatu. 2 false starts at inoprotune times on top of just plain sucking.

Tankus_Maximus
09-22-2008, 09:50 AM
The thing that really has me irked, is that the Eagles just exposed and exploited the Steelers achilles heel to the rest of the NFL!! Now the rest of the league will start bltzing our swiss-cheese o-line with smaller faster corners to put Ben on his a $$! It's gonna be a l-o-n-g season if the O-line continues to allow Ben to get killed every sunday.

BurghZ0n3
09-22-2008, 10:05 AM
...yesterday was just like having NO FRONT TEETH @ all.... Ben could be numb, and he forgot where he was after the whole SACKS...any more prediction, expectation, premonition??? :noidea:

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Larry Zierlien and his zone blocking scheme.

Elvis
09-22-2008, 04:19 PM
I would have to give the game ball for this loss to K Jeff Reed. The guy just keeps Bill Cowher's legacy going on how to find talent without going through the draft..
:hatsoff:

BurghZ0n3
09-22-2008, 05:35 PM
I would have to give the game ball for this loss to K Jeff Reed. The guy just keeps Bill Cowher's legacy going on how to find talent without going through the draft..
:hatsoff:

YEEEESSSSSS...not too much talk, but get the job done....:tt02::tt::tt02::tt::tt02:

dragtruk
09-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Sorry, but being here in New sucking England, I only see highlights from Steelers games. I hate to say it, but Ben needs to wake up. He's supposedly a pro football QB, and the only highlights I see after the game is him fumbling because he seems to have no perception of defensive players coming at him from behind. Sorry, but that seems like it should be a basic instinct every QB should have. He NEVER has the ball protected with two hands, and always seems oblivious to the fact that "sometimes, defenders do come at him from behind." :banging:
I say, give Leftwich some time on the field. He has more experience and maybe he can teach Ben a thing or two about how to play in this league. Don't get me wrong , I love the Benster, but he has some growing up to do. :noidea:

fansince'76
09-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Sorry, but being here in New sucking England, I only see highlights from Steelers games. I hate to say it, but Ben needs to wake up. He's supposedly a pro football QB, and the only highlights I see after the game is him fumbling because he seems to have no perception of defensive players coming at him from behind. Sorry, but that seems like it should be a basic instinct every QB should have. He NEVER has the ball protected with two hands, and always seems oblivious to the fact that "sometimes, defenders do come at him from behind." :banging:
I say, give Leftwich some time on the field. He has more experience and maybe he can teach Ben a thing or two about how to play in this league. Don't get me wrong , I love the Benster, but he has some growing up to do. :noidea:

You're kidding, right? The only reason Byron "no-touch, I throw every pass 1000 miles per hour " Leftwich even has a job right now is because Batch broke his collarbone in the preseason.

MACH1
09-22-2008, 06:06 PM
You may want to watch a replay of the whole game first before you throw him under the bus.

dragtruk
09-22-2008, 06:17 PM
You may want to watch a replay of the whole game first before you throw him under the bus.

Hey, like I said, the only highlights I see are his fumbles and injuries. I live in "GOD LOVES THE PATRIOTS", land. I guess if I could afford the NFL network, I'd know differently. It's hard being a Steeler fan and only seeing bad after game commentary.
Enlighten me please. When James Brown only shows Ben's shi**y plays, it's tough for a Steeler lifer to get the whole picture.:noidea:
God only knows I'd love to see Steelers games every week, so I guess before I comment, I'll make the decision to STFU. Sorry.:tt03:

MACH1
09-22-2008, 06:25 PM
The o-line didn't show up for the game. Remember the ratturds games a couple years ago? It went something like that. Ben spent most the day getting killed back there.

This is what the line looked like.

http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50272595/Tripod_Turnstile.jpg

fordfan485
09-22-2008, 06:38 PM
The whole game plan gets my losing ball. We had a winning formula in week 1 and 2, which was run the ball and control the clock.

In week one we ran the ball 61% of the time and passed 38%, we controlled the ball for 31:31

Week two we ran the ball 58% of the time and passed on the other 41% and controlled the ball 30:17

This week we ran the ball 29% of the time and passed for 70.5%. ball control time was 27:26.

So we threw away what works and went with something that didnt. My guess was they saw all those deep passes in the monday night game vs the cowboys and tried to do the same thing, only those types of plays were never given enough time to develop for us thanks to the blitz. This whole game plan was stupid, where was the quick slants, rb screens, etc.