PDA

View Full Version : Positive side of today's loss

ricksteelers55
09-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Man let's be honnest 8 sacks,1 safety, 1 interception and 2 fumbles lost and we only lost that ball game 15-6 with less than 150 yds of total offense.

Our D is for real and they will keep us in every ball game that we'll play

Go Steelers !!!

steelpride12
09-21-2008, 07:52 PM
We all understand that its just a tough loss and were all frustrated, but im with you on this one. The defense kept it close and we should be happy to have the #1 defense!

NV STEELERS 723
09-21-2008, 07:57 PM
N/A

Preacher
09-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Man let's be honnest 8 sacks,1 safety, 1 interception and 2 fumbles lost and we only lost that ball game 15-6 with less than 150 yds of total offense.

Our D is for real and they will keep us in every ball game that we'll play

Go Steelers !!!

:hatsoff:

Perspective is everything.

We lost by 8 points against a top-flight team.

Last time we played them... we beat them, by a WHOLE lot more.. and THEY went on to the SB.

This is one game.

VegasStlrFan
09-21-2008, 07:59 PM
The D difinetly showed up to play today. Philly's offense only got 260yds and 1 td.

Edman
09-21-2008, 07:59 PM
I agree, that's the only thing I can take from this loss. We had a chance to steal it, but we couldn't.

Preacher
09-21-2008, 08:00 PM
N/A

You actually took time to post that?

The Duke
09-21-2008, 08:01 PM
yep, the defense is the bright point of this team right now

revefsreleets
09-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Absof uckinglutely. The D was brilliant, and McNabb was as good as I've ever seen him.

We'll fix the O and get right soon.

MACH1
09-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Positive side of today's loss is Ben can still walk under his own power.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-21-2008, 08:18 PM
I dont care how good our Defense is.
If a quarterback cant take three steps back without dodging defenders or our running back does not have a hole to hit what good is a good defense... This was embarrasing sitting at the bar with eagle fans all around.

fansince'76
09-21-2008, 08:24 PM
I dont care how good our Defense is.

Doubt you'd be saying that if we'd lost by 30+ points, which we very easily could have with a lesser D.

stillers4me
09-21-2008, 08:46 PM
I was actually relieved every time our D went back out. It was the only oppourtunity we had to score.

lilyoder6
09-21-2008, 09:11 PM
i was rly hoping for a pick 6 out there.. but that game showed that the eagles should of blowed the steelers out of the wter

Bettisberger
09-21-2008, 09:12 PM
I was actually relieved every time our D went back out. It was the only oppourtunity we had to score.

My thoughts exactly. When we were down 10-6 I was unfortunately confident that it was a lead big enough for the Eagles... only praying that our D would somehow win the game for us.

mostincredible_1043
09-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Its nice to have a great D...

but when we give someone 80 mil dollars...he should be able to get rid of the ball faster...read the D a lil better and make necessary adjustments before the time clock expires...

i know the purpose of the thread is to look at positive sides but ben disappointed me 2day...

our young guys looked good and troy p looks healthy

klick81
09-21-2008, 09:45 PM
This is one game.

And it's early in the season. If these men truly belong in any professional football team, they will turn that o-line into something respectable.

Blitzburgh_Fever
09-22-2008, 01:47 AM
Our defense is solid and Troy being out there really makes people click.

That said, I wanna shine some light on McFadden. Does anyone else feel like we should break tradition and offer this guy some money? Has he said anything about if he wants to stay or not?

Galax Steeler
09-22-2008, 05:10 AM

That said, I wanna shine some light on McFadden. Does anyone else feel like we should break tradition and offer this guy some money? Has he said anything about if he wants to stay or not?

I would like to see him stay also he is a good player hope he stays.

revefsreleets
09-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Its nice to have a great D...

but when we give someone 80 mil dollars...he should be able to get rid of the ball faster...read the D a lil better and make necessary adjustments before the time clock expires...

So it's Bens fault that he had .5 seconds to make decisions?

Got some news for ya...part of the reason we paid him 80 million is because he's the kind of player who takes chances and lasy it out there to make plays. It's high risk/high reward, and he's ALWAYS played that way.

You can blame Arians for abandoning the run. You can blame the oline for not blocking. You can blame the oline coach for not scheming right....but you cannot blame Ben for yesterday. Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway, I don't care who you put back there, they'd have played not a lick better than Ben did yesterday under those conditions.

tony hipchest
09-22-2008, 11:02 AM

That said, I wanna shine some light on McFadden. Does anyone else feel like we should break tradition and offer this guy some money? Has he said anything about if he wants to stay or not?actually he has. interviews ive heard he says hes proud and happy to be a steeler. he calls the stands full of waving terrible towels, the most awsome sight in sports.

i was calling for him to be extended this past off season. i didnt need to see him "prove himself" to realize he was the future. oh well, it will cost us a little more but im sure he will sign for a very handsom deal.

definite positives were reed nailing a career long fg as if it were nothing. troy making miracle grabs. seriously, did anyone think he had a shot at one arming that ball? amazing. troy is on fire.

timmons looks like he is 280 lbs. dude plays just as huge.

im trying to think of something positive from the offense. :tap:

pound for pound ben might be tougher than hines ward. and we all know that pound for pound, hines is probably the toughest player in the nfl.

therefore ben is the toughest SOB in the league! :tt03:

dont know how much that helps if he continues to take a beating, but it certainly doesnt hurt.

fansince'76
09-22-2008, 11:04 AM

Unless he can somehow figure out a way to throw it BEFORE it's even snapped, I don't see how. As soon as he got the ball in his hand, there were usually 2-3 guys with green and white jerseys who were completely unblocked on top of him. Not Ben's fault.

steelpride12
09-22-2008, 11:06 AM
it doesn't matter the good points in the game because no matter how good the defense is and ST our offense still had trouble.

You can't win a game if you have 0 offense and the OL has to make some adjustments or the Ravens game will be the same.

We will dominate the rookie QB on defense, but they should be blitzing like crazy after seeing what the eagles have done and if something is not done we are in for a repeat.

The_WARDen
09-22-2008, 11:14 AM
The positive? It's over. That's the only positive I took out of it.

tony hipchest
09-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Unless he can somehow figure out a way to throw it BEFORE it's even snapped, I don't see how. As soon as he got the ball in his hand, there were usually 2-3 guys with green and white jerseys who were completely unblocked on top of him. Not Ben's fault.ben was twisted into a pretzel by his facemask. i dont know if hes made of steel or plastic like mr. fantastic.

he earned his paycheck yesterday. max starks on the other hand should dontate his paycheck to random dogs in bens name. they deserve it more than him.

i hate to blast a steeler but hes a fat and happy soft bum. if not, why wasnt he inserted? did he even suit up yeaterday? was he inactive?

Steelerfreak58
09-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Our defense helped make a really really horrible game look half way palatable but a crap sandwich even with the best bread is still crap in the middle. Arians is just not that good of an O-Coordinator.

rbryan
09-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Starks was active, Apparently they only trust him to block on field goals.

If nothing else bring his fat ass in as an extra blocking TE to stop the bleeding

The only positive thing from yesterday was that the ******* got run up thru. But now I can't even enjoy that today.

Steel_12
09-22-2008, 01:06 PM

Got some news for ya...part of the reason we paid him 80 million is because he's the kind of player who takes chances and lasy it out there to make plays. It's high risk/high reward, and he's ALWAYS played that way.

You can blame Arians for abandoning the run. You can blame the oline for not blocking. You can blame the oline coach for not scheming right....but you cannot blame Ben for yesterday. Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway, I don't care who you put back there, they'd have played not a lick better than Ben did yesterday under those conditions.

I disagree...he deserves some blame. Alll of those sacks weren't on the shoulders of the O-Line. I would rather him throw the ball as far as he can down the field, instead of take a sack for a safety (which I didn't agree with...he was down but the call was there was no receiver in the area. Moore was in the area, plus the ball was tipped). That way, if they intercept the ball it would be like a punt (which we were going to do anyway). Samuel's INT is the perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Hines4ever
09-22-2008, 01:19 PM

I definately agree....there is no way that outcome was due to Ben. I just hope to high heaven that something is done.....cannot take another bad game especially against the Ravens??????? Anyone else feeling pretty nervous about them.:frown::scratchchin

fansince'76
09-22-2008, 01:30 PM
I disagree...he deserves some blame. Alll of those sacks weren't on the shoulders of the O-Line. I would rather him throw the ball as far as he can down the field, instead of take a sack for a safety (which I didn't agree with...he was down but the call was there was no receiver in the area.

Once again, it would have been kind of difficult for him to throw it as far as he could when he was already flat on his back almost as soon as the ball was snapped for most of the game.

Rotorhead
09-22-2008, 03:06 PM
You do realize he BROKE a tackle just to get that short tipped pass off right, when was he supposed to take a step into a far throw? It was a designed bootleg and he was almost sacked before he could bootleg lol, and the original pressure came from the opposite side he was bootlegging to . . . I still cant believe that rush . . . if the Iggles use that all season that effectively they will be in the superbowl! (Where we can avenge our lost hehe)

iloveben7
09-22-2008, 03:11 PM
I agree 100% with fansince76. The loss yesterday was not at all Ben's fault. You want Ben to throw the ball when there are 5 300 pound guys laying on top of him?? Oh I forgot that anyone could do that. And you want Ben to throw the ball and protect himself at the same time? No QB ever could do it all by themselves. Don't even think about blaming Ben for this one.

PalmerSteel
09-22-2008, 03:28 PM
the positive i see is a good D (but they did have arguably the most valuable RB in the nfl out in the first quarter) but more positive is that ben was able to walk away and show us that much more how tough he really is. 90% of QB's would have been taken out on a cart by halftime.

fansince'76
09-22-2008, 03:33 PM
The loss yesterday was not at all Ben's fault. You want Ben to throw the ball when there are 5 300 pound guys laying on top of him?? .

No, he should have bionic hand/eye coordination by taking the snap and getting it out in about .03 seconds (which is about all the time he got for the most part yesterday).

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-22-2008, 05:05 PM
cannot take another bad game especially against the Ravens??????? Anyone else feeling pretty nervous about them.:frown::scratchchin

Yeah, its a copycat league and you can bet there will be tons of blitzes by anybody that plays the Steelers, until they produce in the face of the blitz.

I'm curious to see what Arians comes up with. I'm really not that concerned with the Ravens. Good, Old, defense, 1 dimensional offense. Turnovers are the way the Steelers can lose that one.

BurghZ0n3
09-22-2008, 05:17 PM
No, he should have bionic hand/eye coordination by taking the snap and getting it out in about .03 seconds (which is about all the time he got for the most part yesterday).

Having a bionic hand/ eye or not....ain't a problem. But, to tell the truth fansince'76....your Icon "The dancing Pig" really cheers me up :laughing:!!! That's another positive side, despite our performance yesterday....:tt02:

fansince'76
09-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Having a bionic hand/ eye or not....ain't a problem. But, to tell the truth fansince'76....your Icon "The dancing Pig" really cheers me up :laughing:!!! That's another positive side, despite our performance yesterday....:tt02:

It's actually supposed to be a pig boxing, but it kinda does look like he's playing a pair of maracas and dancing. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: