PDA

View Full Version : Steelers/Ravens predictions.

Edman
09-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Well, the Steelers played their first decent competition of the season, and failed miserably. Now they have the Ravens coming to Pittsburgh next Monday. They're in the driver's seat in the AFC North after demolishing Cleveland. The same team the Steelers beat by just four.

The Offensieve Line was exposed as a joke, and Ben's injuries starting to pile up. The Defense is the lone bright spot on this team right now. It would be easy and copout-ish to predict a loss, but I can't do that, no matter how many fatal flaws this team has.

Offensieve Line surrenders another seven sacks as the Steelers win a defensive struggle.

Steelers 16, Rats 10.

revefsreleets
09-21-2008, 09:42 PM
They'll destroy the Ravens next week. If they weren't one of the shittiest franchises in the NFL, I'd almost feel sorry for the Ratbirds...

Lot's of frustration will be unleashed and released on Baltimore.

klick81
09-21-2008, 09:43 PM
I have faith that our O-line will get fired up for a rivalry game and won't stand for seeing their QB eating grass again.

27-10 Steelers.

stillers4me
09-21-2008, 09:47 PM
I have faith that our O-line will get fired up for a rivalry game and won't stand for seeing their QB eating grass again.

27-10 Steelers.

ummmmmmm.........didn't they just say that this week?

Home game on Monday night.......advantage Steelers. But it won't be easy.

Steelers 17 Ravens 10......if Ben is still alive.

mostincredible_1043
09-21-2008, 09:47 PM
i know im a n00b but im also a realist...

if our o-line performs like they did today then ben can expect to be on the ground alot (again)....if this happens the ravens could pick up a critical division win....

but i dont see that as the case....i expect our line to redeem themselves and provide better protection...

im callin 17-10 pitt

warddj86
09-21-2008, 10:08 PM
f*ck

steelers 24
ravens 21

maybe being generous

however,

colts lost
browns lost
bengals lost
chargers to play tomorrow

the day wasnt all shitty

stillers4me
09-21-2008, 10:10 PM
f*ck

steelers 24
ravens 21

maybe being generous

however,

colts lost
browns lost
bengals lost

the day wasnt all shitty

It's always a good day when the Bengals lose. :chuckle:

kmsteelerwr15
09-21-2008, 11:02 PM
f*ck

steelers 24
ravens 21

maybe being generous

however,

colts lost
browns lost
bengals lost

the day wasnt all shitty

you forgot the Pats* lost as well

but i think itll be a close game but we should come out on top....

cant wait to pick on the Rook :tt03:

jjpro11
09-21-2008, 11:10 PM
we're bustin' out the throwback uniforms again on mnf.. their presence alone will scare the ravens into submission.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200711/20071106pd_steelers1105d_500.jpg

iloveben7
09-21-2008, 11:18 PM
I hope Ben has another record-setting monday night as he did last year while playing the Ravens and wearing the thowback jerseys on November 5th!! I was at that game and it was absolutely amazing.

Steelers 27-Ravens 10

PalmerSteel
09-21-2008, 11:41 PM
beleive it or not, i feel more confident in winning next week than this one. i thought this philly game would be nasty. didnt think it would be that ugly, but still, our line will bounce back next week.

MasterOfPuppets
09-22-2008, 12:17 AM
6 - 5........ 6 sacks for the ravens, 5 for the steelers......:popcorn:

Steelman16
09-22-2008, 01:21 AM
Ben won't have any kind of record setting day, but I'll think we'll pull this one out. It might be as ugly as the Philly game though.

Obviously we're not the Browns, the Ravens just murdered them.

If the O-line brings a 'C' game to the field, we can win every game on the schedule.

23-20 Steelers

Best coast Steeler
09-22-2008, 01:28 AM
We will destroy the Ravens next weekend...Rookie quarterback, rookie head coach equals a loss against our D...

Galax Steeler
09-22-2008, 05:07 AM
Hopefully our deffense will pressure and sack Flaco and cause him to make some mistakes I will say 24 to 10.

steelpride12
09-22-2008, 07:16 AM
I feel we can't come out and do a crappier job against the Ratbirds and there QB is freshmeat who will fall under the Steeler pressure.
Even with both their starting corners in i believe all week will be good practices and the Steelers will pull off a good game winning.
Steelers-20
Ratbirds-13

Carolina Steelers
09-24-2008, 03:10 PM
I think this will b a closer gm then some think the Raven have won 4 out of the last 5 and they are alwways fired up for us. I know Flacco is a rookie but so is Mendehall, Ben needs to get off to a fast start and the O-line so the Ravens dont stack 8 men in the box.

Steelers 13
Ravens 6

Elvis
09-24-2008, 03:24 PM
If Ben doesnt get sacked 6 times in one quarter and our defense can just get a little pressure on the opposing QB, then the Steelers will have a Chance to beat the Ravens..
:doh:

lilyoder6
09-24-2008, 03:38 PM
the eagles were not a decent team.. they are one of the better teams in the nfc.. but with the way the ravens off looks. they are very dormant.. we stop the run and make the rookie win the game.. and thats when our def plays lights out and make flacco cry basically.. i would like the same result as last yr mnf.. but i say steelers win 28-10

SCSTILLER
09-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Flacco is going to have a rough time against the blitz and our coverage schemes. i see Troy picking up a TD and returning it for a TD (or maybe just wishful thinking). I don't predict much of a ground game for us, but a decent passing attack will be there.

Steelers 20

Raven 9

The Duke
09-24-2008, 04:10 PM
unless the offense shows up the defense may have to win this game

I expect a low scoring match....16-6

mendenhall gets his 1st nfl touchdown :tt03:

The_WARDen
09-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Lessee, the Steelers with blitz pickup issues against a very good defense. The Felons with a rookie QB against a very good defense. Logic says this will be a 6-3 game so in the bizarre world that is the NFL, it'll probably be like 35-30.

Preacher
09-24-2008, 05:02 PM
I think this will b a closer gm then some think the Raven have won 4 out of the last 5 and they are alwways fired up for us. I know Flacco is a rookie but so is Mendehall, Ben needs to get off to a fast start and the O-line so the Ravens dont stack 8 men in the box.

Steelers 13
Ravens 6

Yes and no.

Yes, they won both games in 2006. However, we won the first one HANDIDLY, and the second game we barely lost... with our second string against their first.

So the record doesn't say as much too me.

Preacher
09-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Lessee, the Steelers with blitz pickup issues against a very good defense. The Felons with a rookie QB against a very good defense. Logic says this will be a 6-3 game so in the bizarre world that is the NFL, it'll probably be like 35-30.

Hilarious post...

asinine signature.

HometownGal
09-24-2008, 07:27 PM
I think the Steelers rebound and hold their helmets high in this one. We're going to be slowed down a bit by FWP's absence, but the O unit and line had to have been embarrassed by their meltdown last Sunday, and not only are they going to be playing for the W, but for their own pride as well.

Steelers 27
Ratfinks 13

PalmerSteel
09-24-2008, 07:52 PM
comparing to last week, where we lost by 9.
the way i measure it:
home field adv. +3

raven D/steelers O +3 (not quite as good as eagle D but loss of parker will hurt )

ravens O/steelers D +7 (no where near eagles O but didnt have westy alot of the game and loss of a couple defensive starters for steelers hurts)

we win by 4. 17-13. will be ugly but we win.

Texasteel
09-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Their offence hasn't impressed me much, they get close 3 times but settle for 3 FGs.
Our o-line is not as bad as they showed Sunday, but they still scare me a little. I think we get in the endzone at least once and get close enough for 3 more FGs

Steelers 16
Ravens 9

Crow-Magnon
09-24-2008, 08:44 PM
raven D/steelers O +3 (not quite as good as eagle D but loss of parker will hurt )

I'm sorry....is the Eagles D rated #1? Oops! Didn't think so!

A re-energized Ravens D, a good game plan drawn up by Rex Ryan to sack Ben at least 6 times and no running game will mean at least two picks. Maybe CMac or Reed takes one to the house.

Still a tight game. Ravens-17, Steelers-13

cubanstogie
09-24-2008, 08:51 PM

A re-energized Ravens D, a good game plan drawn up by Rex Ryan to sack Ben at least 6 times and no running game will mean at least two picks. Maybe CMac or Reed takes one to the house.

is that the same D we averaged about 30 a game against last year.

steelwall
09-24-2008, 08:52 PM

And the Ratbirds offence is ranked what??

fansince'76
09-24-2008, 08:56 PM

A ranking compiled against two teams that are a combined 0-6 at the moment. Pardon me if I'm not exactly shaking in my boots. :coffee:

Crow-Magnon
09-24-2008, 09:09 PM
And the Ratbirds offence is ranked what??

Well, according to the NFL:

In total offense the Ravens are ranked #19 while the Steelers are #29. In passing, the Steelers are #29 and the Ravens are #30, and in rushing the Ravens are #2 and the Steelers are #18.

In total defense the Ravens sit at #1 and Pittsburgh is right behind at #2. In passing Baltimore is still #1 and the Steelers are #9, and in rushing the Steelers are #2 and the Ravens are #3.

Now, IMO the Ravens offensive stats can be taken with a grain of salt at this stage with a rookie QB behind center. But the Ravens have owned the 4th quarter their first two games, which bodes ill for Pittsburgh if they don't have a sizeable lead by then. And with Baltimore's defense playing at the level it is, I just don't see that.

Last season is no indication of what's occuring in 2008. Baltimore was riddled with injuries, just like the Steelers are now.

Crow-Magnon
09-24-2008, 09:10 PM
A ranking compiled against two teams that are a combined 0-6 at the moment. Pardon me if I'm not exactly shaking in my boots. :coffee:

Don't worry, neither am I, since Pittsburgh almost dropped to 1-2 by barely beating the Browns, who the Ravens manhandled.

cubanstogie
09-24-2008, 09:16 PM

In total offense the Ravens are ranked #19 while the Steelers are #29. In passing, the Steelers are #29 and the Ravens are #30, and in rushing the Ravens are #2 and the Steelers are #18.

In total defense the Ravens sit at #1 and Pittsburgh is right behind at #2. In passing Baltimore is still #1 and the Steelers are #9, and in rushing the Steelers are #2 and the Ravens are #3.

Now, IMO the Ravens offensive stats can be taken with a grain of salt at this stage with a rookie QB behind center. But the Ravens have owned the 4th quarter their first two games, which bodes ill for Pittsburgh if they don't have a sizeable lead by then. And with Baltimore's defense playing at the level it is, I just don't see that.

Last season is no indication of what's occuring in 2008. Baltimore was riddled with injuries, just like the Steelers are now.

since your such a stat guy how did that #1 D treat you last year. Last year is relevant unless your D has upgraded which I don't think it has. your D was rated highly last year and we shredded them. Bottom line, you have zero offense on paper or on the field. Our lack of offense is on paper only. We have many weapons yet to be unleashed.

fansince'76
09-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Don't worry, neither am I, since Pittsburgh almost dropped to 1-2 by barely beating the Browns, who the Ravens manhandled.

Here's a cookie for you. :cookie: And you "almost" lost to the Bengals in your own back yard, and they are easily one of the worst teams in the league this year. :coffee:

Crow-Magnon
09-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Here's a cookie for you. :cookie: And you "almost" lost to the Bengals in your own back yard, and they are easily one of the worst teams in the league this year. :coffee:

As is Cleveland. Yet your big O only posted up 10 points. Woo! 10-6. I guess that's a lot closer than 17-10, of which 7 points was a fumble return for a TD. All the Bengals scored on offense was a FG.

Don't get me wrong, the Steelers are a good team. But they ain't that good.

lilyoder6
09-24-2008, 09:40 PM
i would like to see any team try and play in the 60 mph winds they were.. not even the great tom brady would of been able to post up big numbers

HometownGal
09-24-2008, 09:42 PM
As is Cleveland. Yet your big O only posted up 10 points. Woo! 10-6. I guess that's a lot closer than 17-10, of which 7 points was a fumble return for a TD. All the Bengals scored on offense was a FG.

Our "big O" posted 10 points in high winds and torrential downpours in Heaveland. State all of the facts or don't state any at all.

This week, you're playing a real contender, not one season wonders like both the Browns and Bengals.

http://jonreid.blogs.com/oneanother/eat-crow.jpg

fansince'76
09-24-2008, 09:44 PM

Don't get me wrong, the Steelers are a good team. But they ain't that good.

Yep, but we did it on the road in 50+ MPH gusts of wind and rain falling pretty much horizontally all night. At least our offense didn't give their D a gift TD.

We may not be all that great, but neither are you. :coffee:

Edman
09-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Solving the Ravens D hasn't been much of a problem for the Steelers after 2006.

Pittsburgh scored 38 and 21 respectively last year.

steelwall
09-24-2008, 09:54 PM

So one more question..... is Flacco a better QB than Ben?

Crow-Magnon
09-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Solving the Ravens D hasn't been much of a problem for the Steelers after 2006.

Pittsburgh scored 38 and 21 respectively last year.

Yes, and the Ravens scored 27 and 31 respectively in 2006.

Now, 2006 didn't seem to have to much bearing on 2007, did it? Yet you place a lot of emphasis on 2007 as it relates to 2008. What matters is now, not last year.

Crow-Magnon
09-24-2008, 10:01 PM

At this point? Only a fool would make that claim. Flacco's got a lot to learn for a rookie who was supposed to be carrying a clipboard in Week 1. But for a noob he shows a lot of poise and confidence, to the point where he was checking off and calling audibles last week. He's got a cannon for an arm, too.

No, this game is going to come down to RB's and the O line. Either defense is good enough to stop the other team for most of the game.

steelwall
09-24-2008, 10:24 PM
At this point? Only a fool would make that claim. Flacco's got a lot to learn for a rookie who was supposed to be carrying a clipboard in Week 1. But for a noob he shows a lot of poise and confidence, to the point where he was checking off and calling audibles last week. He's got a cannon for an arm, too.

No, this game is going to come down to RB's and the O line. Either defense is good enough to stop the other team for most of the game.

Fair enough....

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Fair enough....

Hey, I want my team to win as much as you do. But I'm no Leonidas staring at 10,000 Persians with my 300 Spartans saying "We're gonna kick your asses!"

SteelMember
09-25-2008, 08:49 AM
But the Ravens have owned the 4th quarter their first two games, which bodes ill for Pittsburgh if they don't have a sizeable lead by then. And with Baltimore's defense playing at the level it is, I just don't see that.

Weren't these two home games? I don't think you can expect the same fan appreciation late in this game. This will also cause your rookie QB to have issues if he thinks he's going to be able to audible at the line.

As rivals I think this will be a slugfest, but if we have success early, that may not last long.

17-10 Good Guys.:tt03:

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Weren't these two home games? I don't think you can expect the same fan appreciation late in this game. This will also cause your rookie QB to have issues if he thinks he's going to be able to audible at the line.

As rivals I think this will be a slugfest, but if we have success early, that may not last long.

17-10 Good Guys.:tt03:

On one point you are 110% correct. It IS going to be a slugfest! That's football the way it should be. None of that candy-ass West Coast finesse crap!

Penn St Steelers
09-25-2008, 09:24 AM
my final score is:

Steelers 6
Ravens 3

don't see us moving the ball much on the ground with Mendy in & FWP out, but I don't see them running either even with their 3 headed monster in McClain, Rice and McGahee and Flacco being a rookie hasn't and won't face a D' like ours (accept in practice) all season until we meet again in Bmore.......so the advantage goes to Big Ben and Ward who has owned C-Mac (get him rattled and he's like a firecracker waiting to explode) his entire career and Rolle can't contain Holmes either and I believe our OL will give Ben just enough time (unlike last week)

Kvnfaber
09-25-2008, 10:48 AM

I disagree. I think the game is going to come down the passing game and who can make the big plays on Offense. I think both running games will be just about nill. So it will come down to Flacco with a decent O-line against Ben with a bad O-Line...somewhat of a push to me.

It'll be a hard fought Monday night battle dominated by defense. one play could make or break it (especailly special teams or a big turnover).

13-10 Steelers.

Elvis
09-25-2008, 11:03 AM
It would be a joke for anyone in their right mind to even think that Slacoo.... is even close to Ben...
:chuckle:

steelpride12
09-25-2008, 11:04 AM

Im not gonna say Flacco is a good QB till he has a good game against teams that acutally have a win and have a good defense.
Sure you can easily show poise against teams who don't blitz and have a pathetic secondary which in the end makes him look good.
Monday will be Flaccos first real test and after this game i will judge him and see how good he looks then.

Elvis
09-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Your the Moron not the Magnon... Go Away Dead Beat!!! :blah:

Dino 6 Rings
09-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Steelers Wearing Throwbacks and Gold Helmets Vs the Ravens.

I smell a Beat Down coming for the Ravens.

Monday night, under the lights, primetime, national TV, throwbacks...oh yeah baby! Bring it on!

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Im not gonna say Flacco is a good QB till he has a good game against teams that acutally have a win and have a good defense.
Sure you can easily show poise against teams who don't blitz and have a pathetic secondary which in the end makes him look good.
Monday will be Flaccos first real test and after this game i will judge him and see how good he looks then.

Well, to be honest, neither am I. He needs to play several games against good defensive teams before one can make an honest assessment.

But what I've seen so far gives me hope that he may be the "one" the Ravens have been searching for since Testeverde left (how scary does that sound?). He doesn't have those "happy feet" that Boller has, like he's looking to escape before the pass rush even gets that close to him. Poise in the pocket is unusual for a rookie. If he maintains that poise Monday, I'll be impressed.

I truly hope your defense gives him their best. He needs to see what a real NFL blitz looks and feels like.

steelpride12
09-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Well, to be honest, neither am I. He needs to play several games against good defensive teams before one can make an honest assessment.

But what I've seen so far gives me hope that he may be the "one" the Ravens have been searching for since Testeverde left (how scary does that sound?). He doesn't have those "happy feet" that Boller has, like he's looking to escape before the pass rush even gets that close to him. Poise in the pocket is unusual for a rookie. If he maintains that poise Monday, I'll be impressed.

I truly hope your defense gives him their best. He needs to see what a real NFL blitz looks and feels like.

Ya he is not like Boller, but that can be a good thing. He has the poise and dropback of a peyton Manning and pocket QB's are more accurate and efficient anyway.

Plus Flacco needs a full season to be truly judged and that still may not be enough until he truly settles in and plays his game

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Ya he is not like Boller, but that can be a good thing. He has the poise and dropback of a peyton Manning and pocket QB's are more accurate and efficient anyway.

Plus Flacco needs a full season to be truly judged and that still may not be enough until he truly settles in and plays his game

Jeezus! Even I am not going that far out on a limb! :rofl:

You do need to time to analyze a player's skill, but sometimes you can see them play once and "know" they probably have what it takes.

Penn St Steelers
09-25-2008, 11:25 AM
But what I've seen so far gives me hope that he may be the "one" the Ravens have been searching for . .

you think? I mean the law of averages have to go your way eventually right? I mean how many QB's has it been? 8-9 or more.....even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and awhile

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2008, 11:27 AM
you think? I mean the law of averages have to go your way eventually right? I mean how many QB's has it been? 8-9 or more.....even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and awhile

Really? Then our squirrel must be blind, deaf, dumb and a quadraplegic, becasue he hasn't found one in 10 years! :banging:

fansince'76
09-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Really? Then our squirrel must be blind, deaf, dumb and a quadraplegic, becasue he hasn't found one in 10 years! :banging:

I dunno - McNair was still pretty good when you picked him up.

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2008, 11:33 AM
I dunno - McNair was still pretty good when you picked him up.

I don't count McNair, because he was a proven (yet battered) QB. Any of our prospects have tanked. At least so far. And McNair only lasted a little over a year.

Thank God we didn't get Anderson and he's now in Cleveland!

SteelMember
09-25-2008, 11:34 AM

Maybe they forgot him in cleveland during the move...:chuckle:

Then again, maybe not.

fansince'76
09-25-2008, 11:35 AM
I don't count McNair, because he was a proven (yet battered) QB. Any of our prospects have tanked. At least so far. And McNair only lasted a little over a year.

Thank God we didn't get Anderson and he's now in Cleveland!

Our QB prospects tanked for 20+ years between Bradshaw and Ben. Drafting a good QB prospect that actually pans out takes a lot of luck. Hang in there - Flacco might be the answer.

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Our QB prospects tanked for 20+ years between Bradshaw and Ben. Drafting a good QB prospect that actually pans out takes a lot of luck. Hang in there - Flacco might be the answer.

I know. We had one of yours for a while. :toofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
09-25-2008, 11:45 AM
If the Steelers score 20 or more, they win. I don't see the Ravens being able to generate more points than that against the Steelers Defense. Of coarse, we'll need to establish the run with Davis, Russell and Mendenhall and have a more effective passing game than last week, but I anticipate the Steelers being able to stop the Ravens running attack, confuse Flacco and force him into mistakes and take advantage of those mistakes.

This could be a 20 - 13 type game.

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2008, 11:48 AM
If the Steelers score 20 or more, they win. I don't see the Ravens being able to generate more points than that against the Steelers Defense. Of coarse, we'll need to establish the run with Davis, Russell and Mendenhall and have a more effective passing game than last week, but I anticipate the Steelers being able to stop the Ravens running attack, confuse Flacco and force him into mistakes and take advantage of those mistakes.

It could be that type of game for either side. One big, dumb mistake is probably going to be what seals the victory. Who makes that flub remains to be seen.

43Hitman
09-25-2008, 12:03 PM

Did we re-sign Russell?

SteelMember
09-25-2008, 12:07 PM
I anticipate the Steelers being able to stop the Ravens running attack, confuse Flacco and force him into mistakes and take advantage of those mistakes.

Good call Dino.

I think if you were gonna anticipate a gameplan against a rookie QB, that would probably be it. Stack the box and/or use a variety of blitzes to stop the run. Make him throw the ball. Take any audible out because of crowd noise, and force him to use the play called in or burn his time outs early.
:thumbsup:

lilyoder6
09-25-2008, 12:22 PM
i don't think we re-signed russell..

but still i would doubt that the ravens off would be able to put up points when they need to.. if we can get at least 21 we should be fine

Dino 6 Rings
09-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Correction. Russell is not on our team. My mistake. Brain fart. Too much Coffee.

Moore, Davis, Mendenhall.

43Hitman
09-25-2008, 01:03 PM
It's cool..I was just wondering how the signing could have slipped by me.

markh
09-25-2008, 02:41 PM
They'll destroy the Ravens next week. If they weren't one of the shittiest franchises in the NFL, I'd almost feel sorry for the Ratbirds...

Lot's of frustration will be unleashed and released on Baltimore.

They can try.:rofl:
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/peter_king/11/26/hof.receivers/p1_ben.jpg

fansince'76
09-25-2008, 02:45 PM
They can try.:rofl:
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/peter_king/11/26/hof.receivers/p1_ben.jpg

Nice - the same puss that got pancaked by a WR. :coffee:

markh
09-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Is this a better angle?
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o310/redchris10/BenSack.jpg

fansince'76
09-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Is this a better angle?

Doesn't change the fact that he got knocked on his ass by a WR.

YFuFTwLaufE

DACEB
09-25-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't know what the score will be, but I agree with this.
I think the Steelers rebound and hold their helmets high in this one.
Let's get it rockin' guys!!

Dino 6 Rings
09-25-2008, 05:47 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200711/20071111pd_ward_500.jpg

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2008, 06:03 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200711/20071111pd_ward_500.jpg

BTW, I just heard that Rolle will not play on Monday night. Not sure why.

Penn St Steelers
09-25-2008, 06:11 PM
BTW, I just heard that Rolle will not play on Monday night. Not sure why.

who's the next victim? Corey Ivy or Fabian Washington?

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2008, 07:06 PM
who's the next victim? Corey Ivy or Fabian Washington?

It won't be Ivy. You won't see him play anything but nickel packages. Probably Washington or Frank Walker.

MDSteel15
09-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Doesn't anybody remember last year on Monday night??? This will be even better!

Pizzed off Steelers - 45
The REAL Ratbirds- 9

MDSteel15
09-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Is this a better angle?

This is a nice angle..... of the only play in his entire career!!! Sad, but hey, he got his 5 seconds of fame for sacking a Super Bowl winning QB!!! :hatsoff:

lilyoder6
09-25-2008, 09:29 PM
u hear that willis mcghee is prob for the game monday.. mcghee was "Attacked" on 2 plays against cle.. and the ravens sent the viedo of the "dirty" plays to the nfl

MDSteel15
09-25-2008, 09:30 PM
u hear that willis mcghee is prob for the game monday.. mcghee was "Attacked" on 2 plays against cle.. and the ravens sent the viedo of the "dirty" plays to the nfl

He's such a whiner! Does the little baby need a hug?:hug:

fred
09-27-2008, 04:16 AM
remember the last time steelers played ravens on MNF? James Harrison went wild.....sacks, caused fumbles, etc.

steelpride12
09-27-2008, 12:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/photo/2007/1105/nfl_u_harrison_412.jpg

Remember him?

Edman
09-27-2008, 12:39 PM
That's funny. There's Bart Skirt's lone play he ever made against the Steelers.

Nowadays he's whining about Hines Ward.

HometownGal
09-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Is this a better angle?

Remember this?

38 - 7

How 'bout this?

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT

B. Roethlisberger 13/16 209 5 0

Still having problems with that memory, huh? Maybe this will jog it for ya.

http://images.townnews.com/argusobserver.com/content/articles/2007/11/06/sports/doc4730ae51dfdf0132718987.jpg

No????

Hmmmm - this will surely remove that fog . . .

Steelers D:

Sacks - 6
FF's - 3
INT's - 1

You Rats fans. :laughing::laughing: :rofl: Do all of you have a middle initial of D for delusional? :eyecrazy:

Guttpuppy
09-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Been saying it all week... 27-13, Steelers.

SanAntonio'sHomes
09-28-2008, 08:45 PM
STEELERS - 24
RATBIRDS - 10

Flacco is going to wish he never came back to da burgh as he will not likely be able to finish the game. I predict a big showing from the D and the offense with get back on track with some hurry up and quick timing patterns to wear down the aging ratbird defense!:tt03:

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Steelers 34

RatBirds 6

I don't expect this to be a close game because the Ravens just simply aren't a good team. They only beat the Bengals by 7 points AT HOME.

Joe "I couldn't even beat out Tyler Palko" Flacco has never played the best D in the NFL in the Steelers along with the best fans in the NFL. I expect him to throw 3 picks. Ravens D is washed up. Simple as that. Bart Scott better have his head on an swivel. 86 is comin.

Beauchamp
09-28-2008, 09:05 PM
I would imagine around 3-5 times that Big Ben will be sacked and 1 of the sacks will be the O-line's fault.

The other 2-4 sacks that happen will be because of Big Ben holding onto the ball for too long OR making no hot read as he can clearly see Ravens blitz 8. The O-Line will get crapped on once again for it.

We will still pull out a win and Defense will be a big part of it and just enough offense to capitalize.

lilyoder6
09-28-2008, 09:31 PM
all i need is ben to throw a td or two and no int's.. and make sure reed doesn't kick any fg's..... lol.. i would like a pick 6 from the d

Dino 6 Rings
09-28-2008, 09:36 PM
I like to say our magic number is 20 points. Our defense is good enough to keep most teams under 20. And I mean most teams in the NFL. Even the Eagles didn't score 20, heck they only scored 13. So we need our Offense to get to 20 and I believe we can beat any team in the NFL because our Defense is that darn good right now. Even with the injuries, they are playing inspired football week in and week out and I highly doubt they have a let down on Monday Night football in throwbacks agains the so called "rival" Ravens.

SteelersinCA
09-28-2008, 11:18 PM
31-3, Flacco is going to be looking up at the Pittsburgh sky all night! (Like Ben was last week in Philly...)

cubanstogie
09-29-2008, 12:23 AM
I would imagine around 3-5 times that Big Ben will be sacked and 1 of the sacks will be the O-line's fault.

The other 2-4 sacks that happen will be because of Big Ben holding onto the ball for too long OR making no hot read as he can clearly see Ravens blitz 8. The O-Line will get crapped on once again for it.

We will still pull out a win and Defense will be a big part of it and just enough offense to capitalize.

you clearly have a vendetta against Ben. Did he drill your girlfriend or something. If the O-line only yields 1 sack, we will score 38 points again. You need to watch the Eagles game again if you continue to blame Ben. Take your blinders off, you are starting to remind me of finger nails on a chalk board.

X-Terminator
09-29-2008, 09:22 AM
I thought that clown left?

Oh wait, I guess he did...

Steel_Bus_24
09-29-2008, 10:21 AM
17-10 Steelers

Ben avoids just enough sacks to make a few more plays to win it for us.

Though Im praying for a repeat of our MNF last year:tt02:

Elvis
09-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Listen folks, if the Steelers dont do a better job of protecting Ben tonight...well... he wont survive the game in one piece. If we lose Big Ben, its gonna be a long game and maybe the rest of the season.

All this said.. I think the Steelers suck up their pride and get a game plan together and make us all proud against a team that has the leagues no.1 statistical defense in the league against 2 of the worst offenses in the league in the Brownies and Bungals... that doesnt impress me guys from Baltimore!!!!:helmet:

I look forward to last weeks 2nd half defense to show up tonight and smash the new rookie in Ravenville!!!

Steelers 17
Ravens 3

Michael Keller
09-29-2008, 10:41 AM
I honestly do not know . Based upon what I have seen so far Steelers 13 , Ravens 6. Turnovers and field position will determine the out come.

I watched the Bills / Rams game yesterday and I saw how a well coached team plays . Good play selection, versatiity , adjustments good decisions , player togetherness . This is what I am looking at tonight. I am concerned about a couple of our coaches more than the players on our team.

We come out and win convincingly, (does not have to be a wide margin) we can build on this victory and win our division.

Another Ben Massacre then the "no knee jerk reaction" better move upstairs to the brain for a reaction.

steelpride12
09-29-2008, 11:07 AM
I think the fact that last season in our 38-7 win the OL if you remember did pretty good only giving up two sacks.

i think since there defense is the same as last seasons the Steelers can watch film and be ready for another strong performance.

RatbirdFan
09-29-2008, 11:19 AM
I think the fact that last season in our 38-7 win the OL if you remember did pretty good only giving up two sacks.

i think since there defense is the same as last seasons the Steelers can watch film and be ready for another strong performance.

Really? Last year both corners and Trevor Pryce, our best pass rusher, were out. This year Pryce and McAlister are playing, and Fabian Washington is a big upgrade over Frank Walker backing up Rolle. This is not the same defense.

Elvis
09-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Really? Last year both corners and Trevor Pryce, our best pass rusher, were out. This year Pryce and McAlister are playing, and Fabian Washington is a big upgrade over Frank Walker backing up Rolle. This is not the same defense.
It doesnt matter Ratbird!!

Your Ravens are still going down tonight in the Burh!!!

:tt02:

Hannity_on_Holmes
09-29-2008, 12:10 PM
MAN am i excited about tonights game!

we finally get to see what mendenhall is made of!

LETS MAKE SOME HOLES O-LINE! :helmet:

#1LambertFan
09-29-2008, 12:46 PM
we're bustin' out the throwback uniforms again on mnf.. their presence alone will scare the ravens into submission.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200711/20071106pd_steelers1105d_500.jpg

We should keep them! We have a 2-0 record and we completely dominated both games. I love the look and they are very intimidating. My prediction is 28-17 Steelers. I really don't think the Rats are all the so called experts are making them out to be. Mark my word though, "There Will Be Blood!"

#1LambertFan
09-29-2008, 12:54 PM

Your 2 best defensive players are both old and not getting any better. They are falling down the hill of mediocrity and their mouths are doing nothing but getting bigger. It's a recipe for making a fool out of your team. Joey Porter had the same problem and he quit producing and we were smart enough to get rid of him!

Barley81986
09-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Steelers will win 17 to 6. The offensive line will improve on last weeks performance but will still leak 3 or 4 sacks. Look for mendenhall to have a good game gaining hard faught yards and not turning the ball over.

RodWoodson26
09-29-2008, 02:55 PM
This is a interesting game. Im looking forward to seing how are offensive line performs this week. Im sure the Ravsns watched film of last weeks Eagle game and might come with a lot more blitzes than they usually would.

steelpride12
09-29-2008, 05:50 PM

Rolle and your SS is out so that evens it out.

rich4eagle
09-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Steelers are a fundamentally sound team with fundamental weaknesses............first weakness slow developing rusing palyes.....second weakness slow developing passing plays the latter will kill the
Steelers

HughC
09-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Steelers 17-6

revefsreleets
09-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Steelers 41 Rats 3
Defense scores a couple times.

tony hipchest
09-29-2008, 08:41 PM
with such low scores being predicted, ill say 24-16 steelers.

Crow-Magnon
09-29-2008, 10:22 PM

Better turn in your College of Psychic Prediction Diploma. :laughing:

fansince'76
09-29-2008, 11:13 PM

Where ya at?

bratsinmybelly
09-30-2008, 12:06 AM

23-20 would be close enough for me!!

fansince'76
09-30-2008, 12:18 AM

Eat it. :coffee:

revefsreleets
09-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Last Ratfan sighting on this board looks like around 10:30.