PDA

View Full Version : Is week #4 a must win for the Steelers??

Steel Pit
09-22-2008, 03:48 AM
I know that it's early in the season and the Baltimore Ravens haven't proven anything yet but, is week #4 a must win for the Steelers? With the Steelers difficult schedule can they overcome falling 2 games behind in the loss column, essentially 2 1/2 games back when factoring in the tie breaker scenario.

I don't know, I'm viewing this game as a must win. When the 2008 schedule was released I told myself that the Steelers would probably have to win all of their division games in order to win the division.

Galax Steeler
09-22-2008, 04:17 AM
I am with you still pit I think they need to win this one to get some confidence built back up to get ready for some tough games that are coming down the road.

millwalldavey
09-22-2008, 05:48 AM
Every game is imho.

steelpride12
09-22-2008, 06:11 AM
I don't know about a must win, but we would look alot better with a W. Since its a big division game and the ravens are 2-0 we def. should win to keep a strangle hold on the division the schedule only gets tougher from here on out. Lets win what we can now.

jjpro11
09-22-2008, 08:24 AM
no.. i dont want to make it sound like we should lazy our way through the game.. but it just isnt.. our division absolutely sucks. the two laughers meet next week, one of them will be 0-4. baltimore is still a team starting a rookie qb with a decent aging defense. i really dont expect anyone other than us to break .500. besides.. havent you all learned your lesson from 2005? :tt02:

roostermcw
09-22-2008, 08:38 AM
I look at any division game as a must win. These guys need a dominating win to rebound from such a bad beat. I'm not going to panic just yet because the Eagles are a good football team and we were outcoached as much as outplayed. We SHOULD win the division easily.

Edman
09-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Hell yeah it is. It's a division game, and it's against the division-leading Ravens.

stlrtruck
09-22-2008, 09:55 AM
I think any game in our division is a must win. There is no need for us to give hope to anyone else in the AFC North. And that's exactly what they'll start getting if we dont' pummel them into oblivion.

The team needs to regroup and take it to the ratbirds at home on a prime time game.

Have No Mercy, Take No Prisoners!!!

missedgehead
09-22-2008, 10:24 AM
If any game is a MUST win, it is this one.

Steel_12
09-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Every game is imho.

Yep...especially with our schedule.

Steelerfreak58
09-22-2008, 11:03 AM
With our schedule the way it is every game is a must win especially the divisional games. The Ravens are going to come in to this game pumped up after watching what the Philly Defense did to Ben they are looking at him as one large side of beef.

Arians better get his crap together and realize that they are coming after Ben and give him some quick passes, draws, screens, and 3 step drops to counter act the blitzing that will be happening to him.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-22-2008, 01:55 PM
First off, every game is a must win IMHO.

Secondly, the Bengals don't really scare me.

Here is why:

I don't think their defense is all that great. Maybe we learned something from the Eagles game and will find a way to keep Ben from getting clobbered. Everyone says that this is going to be a repeat of the 2006 Ravens games, but I don't think so.

Also, look at the two defenses that the Ravens have faced, Cincinnati and Cleveland. Joe Flacco & Co. have yet to see an actual good defense this year. Flacco will be so confused by our defense that he won't know which way he is supposed to throw the football. If our offense struggles, our defense can win this game for us.

moedap
09-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Its a must win because the Ravens are 2-0 in the division and we are 1-0. We need to beat them b/c this the home game against them the next time is in Bmore. Baltimore next 3 opponents after this game are Tenn, Indianap, and Miami. We face the Jagoffs, Bungles, and the Gnats which is a tougher 3.

Rotorhead
09-22-2008, 02:11 PM
It is not a must win, but would be nice to win.

Hines4ever
09-22-2008, 02:12 PM
I believe it is definately a must win.....as nervous as I am about it......I think our boys will come out strong and want to make someone pay for yesterday's debacle.....:mad:
....and who else to better take it out on than the Ravens?????

I just got tickets for this game last week (sadly it's only 2nd game I have ever been to)
.....I live in Southern York County PA only 5 miles from Maryland line.....and the Raven's fans down this way are already talking :poop:
:tt:
Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stlrs4Life
09-22-2008, 02:45 PM
I am with you still pit I think they need to win this one to get some confidence built back up to get ready for some tough games that are coming down the road.

I believe it is, cause the Ratbirds now have 2 division wins.

klick81
09-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Hell yeah it is. It's a division game, and it's against the division-leading Ravens.

Exactly. I don't wanna read someone posting "that loss against the Ravens really hurt our playoff chances" some weeks down the road. This is a MUST win.

PalmerSteel
09-22-2008, 02:56 PM
of course its a must win. because its the steelers playing. thats the only way its a must win. only other way it would be a must win is if we were 0-3 or 1-2. not at 2-1.

Elvis
09-22-2008, 03:04 PM
yeh, I agree. Steelers must win every game ... just the way it is... Our Offensive line must do Alot Better Than It Did yesterday and Ben has to change the calls at the line better also. He seen all these blitzes coming and did nothing to get out of their plays' to protect himself.
:noidea:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-22-2008, 03:19 PM
yeh, I agree. Steelers must win every game ... just the way it is... Our Offensive line must do Alot Better Than It Did yesterday and Ben has to change the calls at the line better also. He seen all these blitzes coming and did nothing to get out of their plays' to protect himself.
:noidea:

Well what exactly did you want him to do, check to a run play so it can get stuffed behind the LOS?

It didn't matter if he changed protections, changed to a run play, or changed the pass play...the offensive line wasn't going to block anyone. Him and Willie didn't have an offensive line in front of them, they had five turnstyles.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Not a must win.........However, I think our defense will be fired up to go prove something

Steelman16
09-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Definately a must-win for us and the division. Baltimore has found itself at the top of the AFC North, and it's our job to knock 'em back off of it.

The game will be a defensive struggle for both sides; Baltimore because Flacco hasn't faced a Steelers defense in his career, Pittsbugh because our offensive line will continue to have trouble against blitz-heavy teams.

steelpride12
09-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Every other season i would say its too early to worry if this is a must win game, but everyone has to remember the strength of our schedule and how it's only getting tougher here on out.

Plus its a division game with a Ravens team who is looking for a good season and is putting up a fight for the division and winning this will only help.

HereWeGoSteelers219
09-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Definately a must-win for us and the division. Baltimore has found itself at the top of the AFC North, and it's our job to knock 'em back off of it.

The game will be a defensive struggle for both sides; Baltimore because Flacco hasn't faced a Steelers defense in his career, Pittsbugh because our offensive line will continue to have trouble against blitz-heavy teams.

Baltimore should be an easy win IMO. With our defense, and their side show they call an offense, it wouldn't surprise me if we shut them out.

And if Arians gets his head out of his a*s and learns how to counter a blitz, we'll be fine. I expect a fully prepared football team because they know what's going to be coming.

GutterflowerSteel
09-22-2008, 07:41 PM
ABSOLUTELY it's a must-win. It's division, and we can't let off the gas, especially after losing. I already had one Raven fan yapping at work this morning about how they're #1 in the division.

ricksteelers55
09-22-2008, 10:32 PM
it is the most important game cause it's the next one

meelanova
09-22-2008, 10:37 PM
every game is must-win. I want to see how we respond after the loss. Our D is very good. Honestly, I never seen the DBs get so many INTs. I never knew they could catch the ball

mostincredible_1043
09-22-2008, 11:04 PM
any division game is a must win...especially against the division leader

point blank.

LVSteelersfan
09-22-2008, 11:37 PM
The Steelers have to send Flacco packing with his tail between his legs. Welcome to the rookie. Just gotta keep the dogs off Ben long enough to do something against that defense. It is a must win because of it being a division game. If we don't win the division games, we will be on the outside looking in at the end of the season.

Mill Write
09-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Maybe it's just the way I was brought up, but I never played a game, or considered a Steelers game as anything other than a "Must Win".

nicesteel4life
09-22-2008, 11:57 PM
It's always a must win....Unless your resting your guys at the end of the season because you've clinched. The ratbirds can try and duplicate what the Eagles did, but truly dont have the same men for it. As well the Steelers have seen that approach now and will adjust so that it dont happen again. Steeler confidence from a true fan. Win, lose or tie, I'll bleed black n gold till I die!